Here's the lineup, live blog after the jump.
Anytime the Yanks face a pitcher with a girl's name, it's advantage Yankees.
vs. Dana Eveland
- Damon (LF)
- Jeter (SS)
- Abreu (RF)
- A-Rod (3B)
- Giambi (DH)
- Posada (C)
- Betemit (1B)
- Cano (2B)
- Melky (CF)
The Wanger is on the hill.
Flaherty and Singleton in the booth. I don't know about you, but I'm glad to have a series without Michael Kay. No Shelley in the lineup tonight, I'm not really sure why he's on the roster if you aren't going to use him in a game like this, although Betemit has been swinging a hot bat. And away we go...Top First
- Damon grounds back to the pitcher.
- Jeter walks.
- Abreu singles to left, Jeter was running on the pitch and goes to third.
- A-Rod singles to center, Abreu gunned down trying to go to third, A-Rod to second on the throw. Jeter scores, (1-0, Yanks)
- Giambino hits a seeing-eye single to the vacated shortstop hole. A-Rod scores, (2-0, Yanks)
- Posada walks. First and second, two out for Betemit.
- Betemit grounds into a fielder's choice, 5-4. Good start, let's see which Wanger shows up tonight.
- Jack Hannahan gets hit on the foot on Wang's first pitch. Not exactly the type of start to the game you'd hope for.
- Damon makes a sliding catch on a Bobby Crosby line drive. That ball was smoked.
- Cust flies out deep to right, shattering his bat in the process.
- Chavez flies out to center.
- Cano grounds out to second.
- Melky lines out to the second baseman.
- Damon shatters his bat on a ground out to first.
- Mark Ellis leads off with a double down the third base line.
- Barton strikes out swinging.
- Travis Buck grounds out to third. First ground ball out. Sinker has looked better these last two batters.
- Carlos Gonzalez grounds out to Wang who takes care of it himself with the tag. The sinker seems to finally be sinking.
- Jeter strikes out on a bad pitch.
- Abreu walks on 5 pitches.
- A-Rod singles through the left side. First and second, one out for the Giambino.
- Giambi k's on a curve in the dirt.
- Posada flies out to right. Two men stranded.
- Suzuki singles on a grounder through the right side.
- Hannahan flies out to left.
- Crosby hits into a double play, 6-4-3.
- Betemit K's looking. Dana is looking sharp as the game wears on.
- Cano flies out to shallow left.
- Melky lines out to first this time. Quick inning.
- Cust hits a sharp grounder to Betemit, he boots it. They call it a single, should've been an error.
- Chavez grounds out to first, Cust moves to second.
- Ellis doubles to left center. Cust scores (2-1, Yanks)
- Barton grounds out to first, Ellis moves to third.
- Buck grounds out to short. Inning over. That should've been an unearned run, and a very easy inning for Wang.
- Damon walks on a 3-2 count.
- Jeter grounds into a 5-4-3 double play on a 3-1 pitch. If you can explain to me why Damon wasn't running there I'll give you a dollar.
- Abreu walks on four pitches. That's five walks for Dana so far.
- A-Rod grounds out to short.
- Gonzalez walks on 4 pitches. (Leadoff walks score 60% of the time)
- Suzuki hits into a 5-4-3 double play (that's what happens to the other 40% of leadoff walks)
- Hannahan strikes out.
- Giambi walks to lead off (Leadoff walks score 60% of the time)
- Posada flies out to deep right and Giambi tags up and goes to second on the play. I have no idea how that happened.
- Betemit fouls out down the right field line.
- Cano flies out to deep left. The odds say the next 3 leadoff walks will all score.
- Crosby singles to left.
- Cust grounds into a 4-6-3 double play.
- Chavez grounds out to Jeter.
- Melky lays down a nice bunt, but he's thrown out by a nicer play by Suzuki. Melky slid into first, giving the RAB guys even more ammunition.
- Damon singles to right. He has to be stealing here, absolutely has to.
- Damon gets gunned down on a botched hit and run. I would've preferred a straight steal, I'm glad Girardi had him on the move, though.
- Jeter k's to end the inning.
- Ellis singles to center. 7th straight inning the A's have had the leadoff man on base.
- Barton grounds out to Jeter. Ellis moves to second on the hit and run.
- Buck walks
- Gonzalez singles to center. Bases loaded, one out.
- Suzuki grounds into a 5-4-3 double play to end the inning. Huge pitch there.
- Abreu singles to right.
- A-Rod flies out to right.
- Giambi gets plunked by Embree. First and second, one out for Posada.
- Posada strikes out.
- Betemit strikes out.
- Hannahan flies out to left.
- Girardi has seen enough, Wang out, Veras in.
- Crosby grounds out to the pitcher.
- Cust walks.
- Rajai Davis pinch runs for Cust and steals second.
- Chavez walks.
- Ellis grounds out to second to end the inning.
- Cano flies out to center.
- The Melk Man hits a solo shot to right off Foulke, shock and awe at RAB. (3-1, Yanks)
- Damon k's.
- Jeter grounds out to second.
- Huge insurance run compliments of the Melk Man.
- Enter Sandman.
- Barton k's.
- Buck pops out to shallow right.
- Gonzalez singles to center.
- Suzuki flies out to right to end the game.
Player of The Game: I'm going with Mo here. 4 straight days of work and he slams the door on the A's.
Team Record: 33-32
Damon: Uno, see graphic above.
Another in Oakland tomorrow night. Sleep well, Yankee fans.