All full. Draft is tomorrow night at 8pm, try to get there a little early if you're in the league.UPDATE:
We have 11 slots filled, 1 to go for the draft tomorrow night. If you're interested, drop me a line.UPDATE
: We have 4 slots left open for the draft. The cash prize will be $200 to the winner. Drop me a line
if you're interested.
The Blogs By Fans Network will host the first annual season of the BBF Fantasy Hoops Keeper league. The league is being run through ESPN, it's free to join and the network will pay a small cash reward to the winner if we fill the league. If you're interested send me an e-mail ASAP brian [at] blogsbyfans [dot] com, first come, first served. You can also leave a comment on this post, make sure you fill in the e-mail field when you comment, I'll contact you through e-mail (your e-mail is never shared, just FYI).
Here are the particulars for the league:
- Draft Time: 10/9/2008 - 8 p.m. Eastern
- Draft Type: Auction (If you've never done an auction draft, you should. Click here to try a mock.)
- Number of Teams: 12 (we can expand if there's more interest)
- Positions: PG, SG, SF, PF, C, G, F, UTIL, UTIL, UTIL, Bench, Bench, Bench, IR
- Scoring: Roto
- Stats: FG%, FT%, Points, Rebounds, Assists, Three Pointers, Steals, Blocks, Turnovers
- Keepers: 2 keepers, cannot keep the player you pay the most for during the auction.
Here's a quick primer on auction drafts.
- There are no picks. Each owner nominates a player and sets an opening bid. Then everyone can bid on that player.
- Each team starts with $200 to build their roster (14 players). The minimum bid is $1, there is no max.
- The draft lasts until all rosters are filled.
Personally, I like this type of draft much better than a normal live draft because it allows for many different strategies. If you want to get LeBron and Kobe, you can, but you're going to have to find bargains to fill out the rest of your team.
Let me know if you have any questions.