With a 10-point win over the Pacers the previous night, and a tilt with the Knicks on deck for tomorrow, the Sixers needed to put the Sacramento Kings to sleep early tonight and grab some rest. They did just that with a 27-point trouncing that wasn't even nearly that close. (game capsule
Here's your rotation chart. Note the garbage time run at the end as well the huge run by the starters (plus Voose) at the beginning of the third:
First of all, Spencer Hawes was pulled from the game at the half with a lower back sprain. Assuming this is the same issue he ran into against the Raptors. I think it's safe to assume Hawes won't be playing tomorrow night against the Knicks, my guess is Vucevic will get the start at the five against the Knicks, but we're going to have to wait and see.
That's literally the only negative to be taken away from this game. I'd like to thank DeMarcus Cousins and his pitiful defense for allowing Elton Brand to find his offensive game. Brand was literally begging for the ball whenever Cousins was "guarding" him, and the vet made the youngster look like a fool.
The top 9 (including the Voose now), used their patented formula of starting slow (playing even, tonight), then putting their foot on the gas and never letting up. What was a 10-point lead at the half ballooned to 20 in the blink of an eye in the third. From that point, the game was pretty much over.
A few bullets:
Player of The Game:
- Great game for Turner (and really, the bulk of his contributions came prior to garbage time). He finished with 16/10/8 on 12 shots, and really played a beautiful all around game.
- Jrue was deadly and would've flirted with a triple-double as well, given his normal minutes. 17/6/8 and 4 steals on 13 shots.
- Check this out, the Sixers won by 27 points, and Andre Iguodala only attempted 3 shots. His presence was felt all over the floor, but his scoring wasn't needed tonight
- The Voose looked pretty good. Jodie hit 3 triples. Thad did exactly what we've come to expect from Thad and Lou was Lou. The bench scored 53 of the 112 points.
- Sacto pretty much lived up to my expectations. Cousins finished with 4 turnovers and 5 fouls.
- Most important numbers of the night: Brand (25 minutes), Iguodala (22 minutes), Holiday (32 minutes). Turner played 34 off the bench, no one else was over 25. They should be as fresh as you can be on the third night tomorrow for the Knicks.
Brand. The big guy woke from his slumber with 21 points on 14 shots, 10 boards (9 defensive), 2 assists, 3 blocks and 0 turnovers.
@ NYK, tomorrow night.
Quote of the Game:
"...Sometimes Dre, sometimes Thad. Always us
." - Elton Brand immediately after the game.