You earned it. Another big bounce-back win for the Sixers, this time over the Houston Rockets, brings the nominal first half of the season to a close. The Sixers matched their win total from the entire 2009-2010 season by the All Star break. Somewhere, Eddie Jordan just shed a tear (while licking his braces).
- Unbelievable competition for player of the game tonight: Jrue, Hawes, Thad, Lou, Turner and Iguodala were all in contention. Iguodala gets the nod the back of the Sixers' second "pathetic" triple double of the season. He also manhandled Kevin Martin, holding him 14+ points below his season average on 33% shooting.
- Typically, this isn't the type of win I like. The Sixers simply out-scored a helpless defensive team, but never really put their foot down on the defensive end themselves. Heading into the break, though? I'm more than happy. Especially considering the effort they put on the floor in Memphis. Coming into this brief three-game road trip, 2-1 was what you were hoping for, and 3-1 is what you got.
- The Wizard, Darryl Morey, just tweeted that the Sixers scored 55 points in transition tonight. That seems obscenely high, but he is the Wizard, so I'll take his word for it. Wow.
- As far as I'm concerned, the most important games of the last six were the Atlanta game (following the Knicks loss, a road game against a tough team, on the heels of a pretty bad road loss), the T-Wolves game (second night of a back-to-back, with tough travel, on the heels of a win over the Spurs. Easy letdown game which would've had everyone screaming "fluke" had the Sixers lost it) and tonight's game against the Rockets (second night of a back-to-back, again on the heels of a pretty bad road loss, against a well-rested team, on the night before the All Star break. So many different excuses for losing this game.) The Sixers won them all. That's really a sign of a mature, focused team, intent on putting a stake in the ground on their way to the playoffs.
- Jrue, can't wait to see in the rooks vs. sophs challenge. Everyone else, get some rest. There's plenty of work left to be done.
Player of The Game: Igudoala, 13/12/10/4(steals)/1(turnover).
Team Record: 27-29
Up Next: Rooks vs. Sophs, then vs. WAS a week from tonight.