Lineups (word was spread earlier that Turner would not start, but no confirmed replacement):
- PG: Jrue Holiday vs. Mike Bibby - Bibby has been exceptional from three, keep an eye on that.
- SG: Andre Iguodala or Jodie Meeks vs. Jamal Crawford - If it's AI9, huge mismatch for the Sixers.
- SF: Andres Nocioni or Andre Iguodala vs. Marvin Williams - Big advantage for the Sixers if it's Iguodala, wash if it's Nocioni
- PF: Elton Brand vs. Josh Smith - I don't expect them to guard each other, though.
- C: Spencer Hawes vs. Al Horford - Terrible mismatch, though they too probably won't be guarding each other.
Devil's Advocate - The Sixers are coming off back-to-back wins (for the first time this season), and they've played very well over their past three. Is this really the right time to change the starting lineup, and consequently the bench rotations?
The tip is at 7:30pm. I'll be here throughout, join me if you're in the mood for a bona fide winning streak!
Extra Credit: Read this piece by John Hollinger. In it, he talks about how the under-sized Jazz are using physicality (and basically fouls) to make up for their lack of size. You can say the exact same thing about what Doug Collins is doing in Philly, and the results are pretty much the same as well. Utah is 10th in defensive efficiency, the Sixers are 11th.