Here's the game capsule from the Sixers win over the Bobcats back on December 4th. Jodie Meeks was your player of the game, Thad a great game off the bench and Iguodala shut down Gerald Wallace for the win.
Andres Nocioni is being shut down so he can rest his injured finger and hopefully regrow his exquisite mullet. That should mean more minutes for Evan Turner, but you never know. Beyond the obvious, "will this team remember how to defend" storyline, the thing to keep an eye on today is Jrue's role. I'm crossing my fingers that the Milwaukee game was an aberration. If Lou is dominating the ball and Jrue is forced into a standing-around-waiting-for-passes-that-rarely-come-his-way role, again, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.
- PG: Jrue Holiday vs. D.J. Augustin
- SG: Jodie Meeks vs. Stephen Jackson
- SF: Andre Iguodala vs. Gerald Wallace
- PF: Elton Brand vs. Boris Diaw
- C: Spencer Hawes vs. Kwame Brown
In terms of winning and losing this game, a couple things worry me:
- Boris Diaw - He's a very, very tough matchup for Brand, and for some reason, he loves playing against the Sixers. If he's hot from the outside early, Collins is going to have to go small and get Thad in there to match up with him, which brings its own set of problems.
- The guard matchups - Again, Stephen Jackson is a tough matchup for Meeks. I can't remember if they switched that matchup the last time they played, putting Jrue on the bigger Jackson, but I hope they don't do it today. Jrue will pick up fouls he doesn't need guarding Jackson. I'd hope Collins would go to Turner early if the size difference at the two is an issue.
Prediction: PHI 103, CHA 100. Another terrible defensive effort against a horrible offensive team, and a second close win in a row (which leaves me nonplussed).
This is your game thread, the tip is at 2pm. I'll be right here throughout, celebrating MLK day the only way I know how. Join me, if you please.