So let's not discuss the final three quarters of the Sixers 96-91 loss
to the Hawks in Atlanta tonight.
Instead, I'll give you a glimpse into the notes I took during the game, in their raw form:
- Thad is starting again!!!
- Steve Smith opened the game with this gem, "The Sixers can't run with the Hawks."
- The Sixers outscored the Hawks 15-0 on the break in the first quarter.
- In the first quarter, the Sixers only took 5 shots outside of the paint, making 3.
- In the second, they took 7 outside of the paint, making 4.
- In the third, they took 9 outside of the paint, making 5.
- In the fourth they took 6, making only 2.
- So for the game, they were 14/27 on jump shots. But get this, they were 2/11 from three. That means they were 12/16 on jumpers that weren't from downtown. Explain that to me.
- This game is a perfect example of why I want Josh Smith, at all costs, in the offseason: 19 points, 6 rebounds, 9 assists, 4 steals, 9 blocks! The guy is a game-changer on defense, and if you send out a lineup with Iguodala, Thad Young, Josh Smith and Sam Dalembert no team will ever be able to break them down off the dribble or score at the rim.
- Thad Young sets another milestone in his young career: He's fouled out of his first game in the NBA.
- Good game for Andre Miller, and he looks extremely pissed that his effort wasn't enough to come away with the win.
- How have the Hawks had a lottery pick every year for the last decade, gone into every draft knowing they need a point guard, and never come away with a point guard in the draft?
That's all I have for tonight, folks. The Sixers are back at it tomorrow night at home against the Wiz. Check out Lez Bulles
for a Wizards (nee Bullets) fix.Player of The Game
: Andre MillerTeam Record