The Sixers survived their third-quarter collapse and bounced back in a big way to notch their second win in as many games, and their fifth on the season. They won this game with a tremendous defensive effort in the second half, and the fourth quarter in particular. Portland only scored 11 points in the fourth.
Player of The Game:
- I gave serious consideration to LaMarcus Aldridge for the player of the game nod, but I don't want to set a bad precedent. Aldridge did what Aldridge does, drift further and further from the hoop, play a generally soft game and use up a ton of positions to score his points. Thanks, LMA.
- Collins benched Turner for almost the entire second half, and he had a reason to. Turner is just completely lost right now and I'm not sure what the solution is. The only time he looked comfortable on the floor was when he made a nice defensive play under the hoop, pushed the ball himself, then found Jrue for a wide-open three. One suggestion would be to put the ball in his hands for a couple of plays per quarter when he's on the floor with Jrue and exclusively when Jrue isn't in the game with him.
- If I told you Iguodala would only take four shots and Jrue would foul out after playing only 23 minutes, how many of you would've guessed the Sixers would win the game? Me neither.
- Going into the game, I thought Jrue might have foul trouble considering he was guarding Andre Miller. The crazy thing about his game is that not one of the six fouls was committed on Miller. The kid needs to stay on the floor.
- The Sixers only attempted 66 field goals, a season low.
- If not for the 15 offensive rebounds Portland grabbed, this would've been a tremendous blowout.
- Brandon Roy is a shell of his former self.
- Thad was only 2/8 from the floor, but I thought he played some solid defense, especially in the fourth, and he grabbed 7 boards in only 22 minutes of work. Solid night without the scoring touch, a rarity for Thad and a good sign.
Andres Nocioni. The mullet only played 16 minutes, but he had a tremendous effect on the game. 4/7 from the floor, 3/3 from three with 5 defensive boards and a +/- of +15.
@ ATL on Friday