According to ESPN.com, the cap number will come in at $58.68M
, slightly below expectations.
Other pertinent information:
- Luxury tax threshold: $71.15M (The Sixers could easily be paying the luxury tax, depending on the size of Iguodala's deal)
- The mid-level exception has been set at $5.585M. The Sixers do not have a mid-level to play with.
It's a waiting game now, I'm hoping a formal announcement on the Brand signing will come tonight so I can rest easy, but it's doubtful.
Here's a question for you, which team is the biggest loser early in free agency?
- Clippers: Lose Brand and Maggette, sign Baron Davis to pass to...Al Thornton?
- GSW: Swap Baron for Maggette.
- Wizards: Same team, just $160M more expensive.
- Memphis: All that cap space, but won't spend it.