It's human nature to focus on the short term when things are going well. I'm probably more guilty of this sin than most. With that in mind, after the jump we'll take a look at Chad Ford's latest column from ESPN.com, and the possibility of a long-term solution at the point.
Ford, ESPN's draft guru, talks about the strength of what is otherwise considered a weak draft class, the point guards. There is still a high likelihood that Andre Miller will walk after this season, so landing one of these guys in the draft may be the solution for next season at the point.
Here's Ford's list, along with where a range where they're likely to be taken:
- Ricky Rubio - Top three.
- Jrue Holliday - Anywhere from #4-#10.
- Stephen Curry - Lottery
- Brandon Jennings - Top five to middle of first round.
- Willie Warren - Possible lottery.
- Jonny Flynn - Mid-first round pick.
- Jeff Teague - Possible lottery.
- Ty Lawson - Lottery to end of first round.
- Patrick Mills - First round bubble.
- Darren Collison - First round bubble.
If Curry falls, the Sixers could make a deal to move up and grab him. That's pretty much the only hope. Keep your fingers crossed for an early exit from the NCAAs for Davidson.
Anyone on this list float your boat as the leader of this team next season? Or, even if Miller does re-sign, as his eventual replacement?
The four factors and +/- worksheets have been updated, so check 'em out.