. Their West Coast trip lasts five games and features a back-to-back, a tough one, going from Utah to Golden State for their typical New Year's Eve game (my wife is thrilled about this). More on the schedule after the jump.
Here's a link to the schedule
I'll take a much closer look later on, but here are some notes:
- If the Sixers have their act together, they should start the season no worse than 7-3
- First Heat game is 1/21, @ Miami.
- Second Heat game is 2/3, in Philly
- They have a five-game stretch in Feb vs. Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Lakers and Spurs
- OKC @ Philly on 2/29
- Third Heat game is 3/16, in Miami, on ESPN
- The Sixers don't play Boston until 3/7, and have 4 games against them in a little over a month.
- 6 games on ESPN, zero on TNT (but I'm not sure TNT games are listed on the schedule yet)
2 back-to-back-to-backs, home game, home, away, and away, home, away. The first one is part of a stretch of 5 games in six nights. Four of the games are at home.
16 back-to-backs (not including the b2b2b's)
- 7 home/away
- 5 away/away
- 3 away/home
- 1 home/home
The home/away is where the games are played. It's my personal opinion that an away/home back-to-back is an extreme disadvantage on the schedule, so this actually breaks down pretty well for the Sixers.
Here's the breakdown of games against playoff teams:
- 3 vs. ATL (2 home, 1 away)
- 3 vs. BOS (2 home, 1 away)
- 3 vs. CHI (2 home, 1 away)
- 4 vs. IND (2 home, 2 away)
- 1 vs. MEM (1 away)
- 4 vs. MIA (2 home, 2 away)
- 1 vs. NOH (1 away)
- 3 vs. NYK (1 home, 2 away)
- 4 vs. ORL (2 home, 2 away)
- 1 vs. POR (1 away)
- 2 vs. SAS (1 home, 1 away)
- 1 vs. DAL (1 home)
- 1 vs. DEN (1 home)
- 1 vs. LAL (1 home)
- 1 vs. OKC (1 home)
Totals: 33 games vs. playoff teams from last season. 18 at home, 15 on the road. Meaning 33 games vs. non-playoff teams, 15 at home, 18 on the road. Pretty favorable spread there as well.
Number of games by week: 4,3,5,4,4,4,4,3,3,3,4,4,3,4,3,4,4,3.
Much more to come later, what are your thoughts on the schedule? On first glance, it looks pretty favorable to me.