We're now two weeks away from the draft, three weeks from the beginning of free agency. Seems like a good time to me to see where you guys stand. Check out the questions after the jump and leave any and all thoughts in the comments.
It's been an unusually eventful month or so since the Sixers last played a game. We had the search for a coach which eventually ended with Eddie Jordan coming to Philly. Then we had an extremely rare trade before the draft, Reggie Evans to Toronto for Jason Kapono. We've had some first-hand contact with the men in charge, 10 guys come in for pre-draft workouts, with more on the way. I know what the mood was like after the embarrassing game 6 defeat, now I want to know what you guys are thinking after some time has passed and some moves have been made. Use the questions below as a guide, but basically, this is just a chance for you to get your thoughts down somewhere as we near the most crucial time of the Summer.
- The Sixers need to draft _________ .
- The Sixers need to use the MLE to sign _________ if they want to contend.
- It's time to (a) part ways with (b) re-sign Andre Miller
- I'm (a) worried about this team's defense, (b) excited about this team's offense, (c) both, (d) neither.
- Are the Sixers a couple of smart moves away from contention?
- Are they headed in the right direction?
- Do they need to move one of their core players to shake things up (Brand, Iguodala, Thad)?
- Rate your confidence in Eddie Jordan from 1-10, 10 being supremely confident.
That should be enough to keep us occupied on this particular Friday.
Also, check out the video of the Sixers pre-draft workout yesterday. And one final point, after watching the Magic play the Celts, Cavs and Lakers, is anyone else unbelievably impressed with the defense Iguodala played on Turk?