In the wrap I touched upon the horrible game everyone but the big three had. After running the game over in my mind for a couple hours, I realized we need to dive deeper into this abject failure.
The numbers are stark, but the shooting percentage alone doesn't nearly tell the whole story. Check this out: 8 players, 113 minutes, 19 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 7 turnovers, 19 fouls, 26 shots, 16 points.
Of their 7 made field goals, 2 of them didn't involve one of the other three players in some way. Only 4 weren't completely handed to them by the Andres or Thad. Check it out:
- Speights hits a long jumper in the second quarter (Williams assists)
- Speights hits a short jumper in the lane in the second (Miller assists)
- Lou Williams hits a fade-away jumper near the buzzer in the second. No assist.
- Dalembert throws down an alley-oop. (Iguodala assists)
- Willie finally hits a catch-and-shoot jumper in the third. (Miller assists)
- Lou cherry picks after arguing a non-call, gets a layup (Iguodala assists with a 90-foot pass)
- Ratliff throws one down. (Iguodala draws three defenders, wraps a pass around one of them to Ratliff for the dunk)
On the bright side, this group did manage to shoot 2/4 from the line. I suppose it's redundant to say the Sixers need more out of this group of players. I just can't believe the extent to which they killed the team tonight.