Tomorrow night marks the halfway point of the season for the Sixers. Today, we're going to take a look at the next ten games on the schedule and try to figure out where the Sixers will stand after 50.
The impossible task when trying to predict what the Sixers will do is having to factor in which Sixers team will be on the floor in any given day. Will Eddie be feeling secure in his job that night, and play ridiculous defensively-challenged lineups? Will Ed Stefanski apply pressure from above to play the correct lineups? You just never know. Anyway, here's the schedule, and my predictions.
- vs. Portland (1/20) - I'm going with a win, and sensible rotations. The Sixers own Portland, Stefanski had to rip Jordan a new one for losing to Minny.
- vs. Dallas (1/22) - Loss. The only guy on the Sixers who has a prayer of guarding Dirk is Iguodala, and I don't see Jordan making that adjustment.
- @ Indiana (1/23) - Loss, second night of a back-to-back.
- vs. Indiana (1/25) - Loss, two straight games for JOB against Eddie Jordan's "defense." Familiarity breeds domination and the Pacers will abuse mismatches.
- @ Milwaukee (1/27) - Win, I'm really on the fence about this one, though. Brandon Jennings is shooting 35.7% from the floor since is 55-point game. This could very easily be the game where he gets healthy. If they don't get this one, though, they're looking at six losses in a row.
- vs. LA Lakers (1/29) - Loss, even if Jordan pulls out all the stops and the Sixers play way above their heads, they're not going to beat a full-strength Lakers team.
- @ New Jersey (1/31) - Win. This really had better be a win. I'll be there.
- vs. Chicago (2/3) - Loss, who's going to cover Rose, Iverson or Lou?
- @ New Orleans (2/5) - Loss, payback game for NOH.
- @ Houston (2/6) - Loss, Aaron Brooks + ass end of a back-to-back = embarrassment.
What do you guys think? Vote in the poll and leave your thoughts in the comments.