This season of demoralizing losses, head-scratching press conferences and flatlined interest from the fans is ever so slowly grinding to a halt, but it does appear as though Eddie Jordan will not go down without slinging some mud. Personally, I hope he exercises the scintilla of power he has remaining and benches Elton Brand and Sam Dalembert for most of the game again tonight. That should result in a 50-point loss in Miami.
Miami is playing for playoff position, they've won 8 straight and may be playing the best basketball in the eastern conference right now. The Sixers have won 8 games since February 6th (8-20 in that time), have absolutely nothing to play for, are playing the second night of a back-to-back (Miami hasn't played since Saturday), they hate their coach and possibly each other. In other words, this is a complete reverse trap screw your lottery chances game for Philly.
Reasons to Watch:
- AI9 and/or Jrue guarding Wade. Always worth the price of admission
- If the Sixers lose their winning percentage will fall to .333
- Jrue running the show on offense
- Jodie Meeks and Jason Smith playing a game of "I can play smaller than my height better than you can."
- Speights jacking shots
- Kapono for 30+ minutes
- How much more can Jordan piss off Dalembert and Brand
- See if Lou Williams cares at all (I say he doesn't)
This is your game thread, tip is at 7:30pm. I'll be here throughout, mesmerized by Jodie Meeks' wrist band and Jason Smith's fouls/minute rate. Join me if you've got an iron constitution.