Is Three A Streak?

it's sort of a streak

Wizards
Bucks
Wizards

Not much of one - but hey - at this point - anything will work

Miller, Willie, Iguodala, Thad, Dalembert

So a return to last season, sort of. I can live with it. They're going to be running like you wouldn't believe.

I'm going to track the rotations again w/ the spreadsheet, paying close attention to the minute distribution at the 4 and 5.

look at per 36

That is pretty funny if you ask me.

Heh. I'm actually amazed he gets that many shots up per minute. I love the fouls/minute too :)

We'll be seeing more of him, I don't think he played particularly well when Cheeks started him in Brand's absence earlier in the season, that's probably what's behind this move.

Granger appears to be a late scratch.. at least he isn't starting according to yahoo. Have to keep an eye on that. Sixers play them pretty soon.

So much for Sammy's extended minutes. 2 fouls in 2:59. And DiLeo goes to Theo before Sp8s.

Joe reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 19:24

Blatche is winning the Battle of the Brains right now against Sammy.

john reply to Joe on Dec 19 at 19:25

Sams weaponless in such a battle

Sam 2 fouls in under 3 minutes

replaced by theo ratliff

excellent

Let Stevenson shoot threes all night long. He's horrible. I wonder if the Sixers are trying to work out a deal for him :)

box score indicates not doing all that well at taking care of the ball

Miller is pushing the ball, man. Holy crap.

Thaddeus could use some pointers from future Thaddeus on not turning the ball over so much.

You know his still has his obligatory walk when he does a shot fake at the top of the key then drives. He's good for one of those a game.

This is going to be one of those bad Willie Green games too, I can smell it.

Iggy's jumper is falling.

Better rebounding please

I hope DiLeo doesn't take this time off from Brand to maximize Willie's minutes.

Looooouuuuuuuuuuuu.

Too many fouls and too many offensive rebounds allowed - that's how shooting 61% vs 45% in a quarter still puts you down one

Green has 3 rebounds and 2 assists already so this has to be considered a good game by his standards.

Yeah, was surprised by that. He seemed a little shot-happy to me, that's why I made the comment.

Holy crap. Lou is on fire.

You think Lou likes playing the 2 with Miller at the point? That was the lineup in the fourth the other night, too, when he went off.

john reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 19:49

Yes i do - and yes i prefer that back court over green :)

Dag, Marreese had to grab that behind the back with his left hand and then bring it to the right before he threw it down.

Speights - 2 foulds, Evans - 2 fouls, Dalembert - 2 fouls. Put in Evans please. Thanks.

Joe reply to Joe on Dec 19 at 19:56

Speights is good too. Just not Theo, no matter what he has done thusfar.

Speights is the only big man on the roster tonight with any SEMBLANCE of an offensive game...plus he's also the future of the franchise - he should be gobbling up these extra minutes, not fracking theo ratliff and reggie evans -

Joe reply to john on Dec 19 at 19:59

Well, you can't play just Sammy, Speights, and Young at the 4... enter Evans for his rebounding/energy.

Notice that the Sixers D seems to be suffering without Sammy. I'm not watching, just seems that way.

While I like Lou's punch off the bench, if he can hold up defensively he sure is looking like he should start or at least re-earn his closer role down the stretch like last game.

The team looks dangerous when you have a couple of guys who can drain threes out there, huh?

Bryon reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 20:04

Yea, I was hoping that Rush would get one to fall, Brian.

He did.

56-57, shouldn't be losing when they're shooting this well. Boards and fouls, as John said earlier.

Kareem Rush makes Willie's phantom defense look so good.

Lou was balling, but I can't believe how bad our defense is.

I was watching this game online until it switched to the Lakers game. Anyone has a link?

I'd get mad if we lose this one.

Nice start to the second half - 2 offensive boards and a goaltending gets the wiz two and then a turnover...excellent

Is it possible that sam is regressing?

John reply to John on Dec 19 at 20:39

3rd goaltending in 5 minutes - but why are we seeing theo?

2 turnovers, 3 goaltendings for Sammy so far in the 3rd. unreal.

John reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 20:44

Seriously - is he regressing?

The two early fouls probably threw him off. Trying too hard to make up for the lost minutes in the second half.

Bryon reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 20:51

Thanks for levity injected.

Iggy's shooting 91% from the line over the past 15 days. I think that dropped a little tonight.

Nice. Thad looking comfortable from three again, Sixers D looking good.

Bad nights happen. He had 17 boards last time we played them.

John reply to Bryon on Dec 19 at 20:51

Sam has bad nights almost every game...he's out of position, lost on offense, unaware on defense and still can't figure out when it's goaltending...he's got no handle, post up move or passing ability and he's found of shooting from 19 feet (and missing)

Speights out plays him ever time speights gets minutes and he should be starting over him already but sam is also a big baby and will be a whiny bitch if he gets benched (he's already publicly commented about 'his' minutes being cut back)...

It's Operation Win Ballgame. Obviously Theo can protect the paint better than anyone else we have. I'd rather see Speights out there but I think DiLeo sees this as a must-win game and he feels he has a better chance with Theo out there.

John reply to Alvin on Dec 19 at 20:57

I still think they should have made the trade for childress :)

10-0 run since sammy went out, plus these foul shots.

I'm not at all happy with 86 points through 3 quarters to this team. Not one bit.

John reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 21:00

I'm not at all happy that they still suck on the boards, 11/31 is just unacceptable

I'm sorry, but this is exactly why you need Evans and Dalembert more. They rebound and they play defense.

Iguodala has 7 rebounds, Willie 4. Those are your leaders.

Joe reply to Joe on Dec 19 at 21:03

I realize Sammy's head isn't on straight, but something has to change. You can't go around and not play defense or rebound. That is all this team normally can do.

Sammy has been putrid tonight, can't argue w/ his limited minutes, plus the foul trouble. Reggie hasn't played badly.

Ultimately, they need Thad to rebound like a big when he's playing the 4, and they need Sp8s to learn to box someone out.

John reply to Joe on Dec 19 at 21:07

You can't play sam when he's so obviously has his head up his ass - tonight more than usual - 3 goaltendings in 5 minutes is just ridiculous and demonstrates his continued cluelessness...great he had 17 rebounds in a game - he once had 20 at phoenix - cause no one was there to get the misses so they were sams for free...that's why the percentage matters...

Joe reply to John on Dec 19 at 21:11

Sammy or Evans. He Chose Evans. I'm fine with that with how Sammy has played. He needed rebounding and he put it in there in Evans.

Good move sticking with this lineup after that last timeout. They made the run, give them extra burn.

John reply to Joe on Dec 19 at 21:05

I don't buy your argument all that much - sam positions poorly and is having a horrible games - and evans is currently on the floor anyway.

Rebounding is a team thing - the sixers in general just don't box out well

Bryon reply to Joe on Dec 19 at 21:08

I agree, Joe. Don't understand why some say Reggie sucks. He is what he is, and he usually does it well.

John reply to Bryon on Dec 19 at 21:16

Because as usual people think Reggie Evans has more of a positive impact on the court than he actually does.

Great, offensive rebounding, my guess is mostly off his own misses because he bloody sucks offensively...his over all impact is negative on the court...he makes the team short handed offensively and he's really not as good as people want him to be

Per usual his over all impact on the game is negative - but because he's gritty and scrappy people want to ignore it

Bryon reply to John on Dec 19 at 21:21

Dag, do you like anyone on this team?

John reply to Bryon on Dec 19 at 21:23

Because I dislike Sam and Reggie and willie i dislike everyone...25% of the 12 man roster and 3 guys who should get little to no burn on a team that's going to win an NBA title?

Sorry if I dislike them, but this isn't new, these guys aren't very good and it's tiresome to watch them hurt the team year after year but have a good game here and there and fool everyone into thinking they aren't suck ass...

Joe reply to John on Dec 19 at 21:28

Because as usual people think -Dalembert- has -less- of a positive impact on the court than he actually does.

his over all impact is -positive- on the court...he makes the team short handed offensively and he's really -better than- people want him to be

Per usual his over all impact on the game is -positive- - but because he's gritty and scrappy people want to ignore it

Bryon reply to John on Dec 19 at 21:29

You don't have to watch.

Yea Kareem, Brian you might have to go look for his fathead too.

Lou and Speights sure seem to work well together.

Good run there. Starts with D, as usual.

Here's your money time lineup, Sp8s, Thad, Iggy, Lou, Miller.

Hitting free throws?

WTF was going through Miller's head?

Rebounding (or lack thereof) is killing us. It feels like '06 or '07 all over again. Kinda off topic, but can we get Matt Barnes back?

Speights needs to man up here and board.

Big board by Miller.

Ugh, longing for bench players isn't going to help this team.

I believe Miller was thinking they didn't reset the shot clock and it was going to expire - i thought they were going to get a 24 second violation

What people should start wishing for is an NBA starting quality player starting at the center and at a the two guard and a new point guard - i'm much more worried about that then getting another 'gritty' bench guy like barnes back

Bryon reply to John on Dec 19 at 21:26

We have the players we have. He has to give someone those minutes at the 4. I don't consider that longing for bench players.

Why wish? Let's support the players we have.

John reply to Bryon on Dec 19 at 21:28

Because I want the sixers to be better and win a title - and when a player is playing badly he should know he's playing badly...when someone performs badly at your job do you say 'it's ok, let's just support him, don't worry about it' - i'm sorry - blind support of guys just because they are on a team you root for - ignoring their flaws and short comings - to me that's not fandom - that's being a cheerleader....i don't cheerlead

John reply to Bryon on Dec 19 at 21:29

John reply to John on Dec 19 at 21:30

Sorry about the dupe post - it threw and error said it didn't work.

That offensive goaltending hurt

Bryon reply to John on Dec 19 at 21:51

Supporting them is not ignoring flaws and shortdcomings, why magfify them?

Bryon reply to Bryon on Dec 19 at 21:54

shortcoming and magnify.. oops

John reply to Bryon on Dec 19 at 22:02

By acknowledging them I'm magnifying them? I'm stating the facts, presenting them to those who are talking about 'how good a rebounder' reggie evans is.

Yes, reggie evans is excellent on the offensive rebounding (though I still want to see a comparison of how many of those are on his own misses) but his defensive rebounding impact is minimal and this year it's damn near atrocious...combine that his one 'strength' (offensive rebounding) is off set but the fact that he has less offensive game than probably anyone else on this roster (including sam) and people constantly clamoring for reggie evans to 'help' doesn't make sense to me - there's a reason his ratings are so poor.

Bryon reply to John on Dec 19 at 22:09

Ratings aside, you get out there and do better.

John reply to Bryon on Dec 19 at 22:11

I don't even really know what that means...

Bryon reply to John on Dec 19 at 22:38

Unfortunately, that's what I figured.

Now that offensive set was terrible.

Remember that game where miller had lots of assists and very few shots and so many of us hoped it was the beginning of a trend?

I hoped it wouldn't turn out to be an aberration - 14 shots tonight - 6 assists - and shooting 5 for 14 while he's at it.

Iggy to the line was a frightening prospect last season.

Big free throws from Iggy down the stretch. Looks like they're going to pull it out.

John reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 21:33

Glad they are pulling it out - nice to see that lou is still improving (give him all willies minutes already, i've been asking for like a full season of games now) and nice numbers from speights...and three in a row is nice, but it's still 2 vs the wizards and the bucks - pacers a bigger challenge if granger is healthy

Yup, but you gotta take 'em where you can get 'em. Young guys on the floor when it mattered. Those final 4 minutes are more important for the development of a young player like Speights than 10 minutes in the first half, IMO.

John reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 21:45

Oh no denying i'm glad they won - i'm still aggravated by the piss poor work on the boards - it's like my pet peeve - if the rebounding efficiency is below 70 (really 75%) I get aggravated...that can't happen.

Brian - I don't know how good you are at breaking down the '4 factors' numbers - but i'd be curios after about 20 games to see how the 'dileo' sixers compare to the cheeks sixers and see if any noticable impact sticks out?

Offense/defense subs by DiLeo down the stretch (sp8s and theo) haven't seen that in about 5 years in philly.

Alvin reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 21:43

Dude it now feels like we have a coach out there.

This was a must-win, even with the crappy game from Daly. Yes we got out-rebounded like crazy but it's about finding ways to win a game.

Our offense is still bad at least now Lou is playing well apart from Brand he is our best weapon, the hardest one to stop. I see him as more of a scorer than Iggy will ever be.

I prefer Iggy when he lets the game come to him, 15 PPG is fine if he grabs boards, creates for his teammates and plays stellar D.

Nice to see Speights doing well, there is so much to like about this kid. Yes, I probably would want him starting over Dalembert. But he still needs to learn the simple things like boxing out. Granted Sammy doesn't know how to box out either but Speights has the athleticism to grab lots of boards and he hasn't been doing it.

I think Indiana would be a good gauge of where we're at, I am optimistic that we will win again.

Biggest number of the game? 17. The number of points the Sixers allowed in the 4th.

Oh yeah, after the encouraging game last saturday - miller is regressing into his i wanna shoot shoot shoot and then maybe pass persona

I call bullshit on this comment.

Miller took 2 desperation shots, one at the end of a quarter and that crazy three when the shot clock should've expired, but they reset it. Take away those two and he's 5/12 for the game.

12 shots is not too many for Miller, especially with Brand out. If memory serves, he only took 2 or 3 jumpers the whole game, other than the two threes I talked about above.

I'd like to see him hit higher than 42% from the floor, but overall he played a good game. On offense he pushed the ball mercilessly, he grabbed a huge board when they really needed it late in the fourth and had a 3 to 1 assist to turnover ratio.

I'm the first to admit it when he's shooting too much, that just wasn't the case tonight.

Against Milwaukee he was 9/14, so I think his trend of good play is continuing.

Bryon reply to Brian on Dec 20 at 0:02

He's got those 'legs under him'. That board was so key.

Dec 19 Granger was hospitalized with flu-like symptoms stemming from a viral infection and will not play on Friday, the Associated Press reports.

Recommendation: The Pacers' leading scoring is also likely to be held out on Saturday. Indiana will be very thin with Granger, Marquis Daniels and Troy Murphy all battling the illness. Roy Hibbert, Jarret Jack and Brandon Rush will receive starts.

From yahoo fantasy basketball update

Good news.

I don't care if this team wins or loses as long as they're not contenders, which, with or without Brand, they're not, but I do think Sam's low PT tonight is telling. There's a good chance we're at least looking to deal him. Needless to say, this would be a great development.

Ugh. We went through this last season. Winning = being able to get the players who will take you to that next level. Brand wouldn't be here if the Sixers didn't go on that run last year, who knows what doors another strong season would open up.

Oh, and the best backcourt in the league, New Jersey's, scored 75 points tonight.