Stefanski Does the Legwork

2 words: MIKE MILLER!

Minny has really under-utilized Miller, as far as I'm concerned. I'd love to see him playing for the Sixers. I think my ideal trade would be Dalembert for Miller. Any chance McHale is that stupid?

Max reply to Brian on Jan 4 at 15:40

Hey, anything's possible. But we aren't the Boston Celtics either. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed though.

Bryon reply to Brian on Jan 4 at 23:24

By no means am I a contract or cap guy, but when BK gave Sammy that contract did it not have a kicker in it kind of like Geiger had? It was quite a few years ago, but I keep thinking I read that it included that when he gave it to him.

PeterPatrelli reply to Bryon on Jan 4 at 23:48

This is the most reliable contract site I know of out there - it does indicate a trade kicker for Sam Dalembert - which combined with the poor length (in regards to everyone wanting 2010 expiration) seriously decreases his value I would think. You're really going to have to incentivize for a team to take Sam or take as much trouble back...would it be worth it? Could he some how be convinced that he can be a better player, for the team, by coming off the bench? I actually think he'd be a good bench player.

It was a 7.5% trade kicker, according to Chris Sheridan last season.

Obviously doesn't help, but doesn't rule out moving him either.

john reply to Brian on Jan 5 at 11:40

According to todays report i saw excerpted on another board - it's 15%, but whatever it is - it just isn't good.

Interesting stat I saw on NBA Hot Spots - right around the basket, Brand's shooting just 47%. Williams is at 51%, Dalembert at 53%, Iguodala at 67%, Young at 57.5%, Miller at 57.5%, Speights at 54.7%. Like I've said all year, Brand has looked remarkably challenged deep in the post. He's the only important player on the roster, so far as I can see, who's actually better farther away from the basket. Except for Willie, who's shooting 49.4% from there. Still better than Brand though.

Joe reply to Tray on Jan 4 at 22:58

Piggy backing off this... via 82games.com... in Brand's last full season his eFG% from the "inside" was 68%.(65% the year before that) Since there are no 3 point attempts from the "inside" it is his FG% as well. This year, just 51%.

According to hotspots, he shot ~61% and ~64% in 05 and 06.

Well, if you have to speculate you would probably guess that he is less successful around the basket for some reason. One would guess he has been hurt or that the defense is collapsing on him more or that he has declined with age. Last choice, random bad month or bad due to "meshing"? Those last ones would be great.

Would be cool to be able to look at that data Mark Cuban does... synergy sports.

PeterPatrelli reply to Joe on Jan 4 at 23:40

I know of at least one sixer 'blogger' who does have some access to synergy sports because of work he's done for draftexpress

Tray reply to Joe on Jan 5 at 2:39

I've never watched a ton of Brand, but to me he looked really earthbound and very challenged by bigger, longer defenders. I have to think he got off the ground a lot better pre-injury.

Agreed. He started to look better prior to the injury, unfortunately now he's going to have another one to come back from, and I don't think it's going to be a smooth rehab/recovery period. Dislocated shoulders need surgery, in my experience.

PeterPatrelli on Jan 4 at 22:03

I wonder if the fact that it's the sixers would make McHale 'less likely' to trade with them...it would suck.

Dalemberts contract just isn't friendly to bad teams - it runs so long - though i like mike miller and wouldn't mind seeing andre miller included in a trade - maybe get randy foye back as well