Road Trip To The Swamp

Tonight is an Al Davis moment

I don't care how (ok i care - but not as much as usual)

Just Win Baby

I think you got most of us with you when it comes to yelling at Lou. Someone needs to let him know that he stinks.

John reply to Alvin on Feb 23 at 21:01

Yet - he's probably still better than willie green

I'll be damned if Yi Jianlian gets his career night against us.

Joe reply to Alvin on Feb 23 at 19:48

Makes me wonder. What is Willie's career high in points? He has put up 30 before right?

Bryon reply to Joe on Feb 23 at 20:04

Don't know eexactly but he went for around 36 one time in AI's absence. I know he had one killer game at Dallas when AI was injured. Don't know if they are the same game though.

Joe reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 20:17

Last game of the season 2 years ago he put up 37 I saw. Pretty hilarious that the guy has

Maybe Daly recognizes how bitch-slapped he was in the last game. He's filling up the box score.

Good 1st. Tons of points in the paint. Dalembert seems to be over his bitterness.

John reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 21:01

Until he gets 'his' minutes taken away...Sam's a baby - has been for a while now - if the sixers cater to his whininess than the franchise is doomed.

Stagnant start to the 2nd. You can tell Miller is out of the game for sure.

what a surprise the starters get a big lead & the 2nd unit blows it.

Joe reply to Mike on Feb 23 at 20:31

Yeah, they have found a new way to do it though. 6 turnovers from the bench already vs. 1 from the starting unit. Gotta love it. Even when Lou is making his shots, he still sucks.

Sp8's with a nice recovery and block after showing on a screen for Harris.

Bryon reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 20:39

Well then he gets burned on a slip off a supposed screen by Sean Williams and had to foul

Looks like Bernard Fernandez had a good read on Willie breaking out of his shooting slump. Had to happen sometime right?

Joe reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 20:44

It is only the half. :)

Either Lou or Willie will be below 50% at the end of the night. That is virtually guaranteed.

Mike reply to Joe on Feb 23 at 20:50

don't you mean 30%?

That second q was pitiful. Reggie should've been yanked quick and Theo inserted. Decent number of Sixer fans here, including one reader of this blog. Need a quick start in the third.

Bryon reply to Brian on Feb 23 at 20:50

Yea Reggie needs to chill with the not keeping himself set on the pick. He has made an offensive foul on this play a habit the last few games with 2 already tonight.

John reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 21:08

Reggie Evans isn't a very good basketball player :)

Is it me or do the sixers seem unable or unwilling to run the pick and roll as much as most teams?

Sam just got abused by Yi Jianlian. He has no strength - it's sad

Ooh willie - that was a bad pass

Sixers with a lead? Sounds like it is time for Lou to check in.

11-3 run to end the third. Please no bench-kill to start the fourth.

Hopefully it doesn't come to this but free throws (our lack of) are going to be huge.

Joe reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 21:33

I hope not. I only really have confidence in Miller down the stretch. Next choice? Speights?

Bryon reply to Joe on Feb 23 at 21:43

This game is coming down to 2 things. Our lack of converting those free throws or sadly, Keyon frickin Dooling. --Lou with a J with one left on the shot clock

Joe reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 21:49

Nice to see Dooling is showing his back up PG prowess late with the offesnive foul.

Dag Igs, about time you started pulling that jumper again!

He needs to put Sam back in and get Reg out of there with 4 left in the game. Sam has been huge tonight.

Bryon reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 21:48

Instead he takes out Sp8's and puts in Thad

Joe reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 21:52

Reggie on cue with an offensive rebound.

Good to see Sam just checked in though for him honestly.

Nice bounce pass by Ig to Thad in the lane to go up by 3

Damn last minute of the game is a bad time for that to happen.

Andre Miller just fell for that FROM BOBBY SIMMONS?

Oh my God.

Good play to go to Speights. That's our money move right now, to be honest.

Please make both of these Dre Miller!

Someone want to break down what has happened over the last minute for us box score watchers?

Bryon reply to Joe on Feb 23 at 22:16

Simmons missed the free throw for the 4 point play. Timeout. Cleared the right side of the floor for Miller to penetrate but it was clogged so he handed off the Sp8'd right behind him. Sp8's converts little half hook for 2 point lead.
Ig's bites on the Carter fake for 3 and drives for a lay in and tie. Timeout. Clear out for Iggy on the right side and he drives and pump fakes and spins back and is fouled. Missed 1st and made 2nd. Devin Harris launches half courter after getting bumped by Iggy and bobbling it and it goes in.

No way he could have done all of that with the minimal amount (1.2, I think) of time left. Horrendous replays provided to see if he got it off in time or not. UNBELIEVEABLE

Tray reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 22:18

Well he did do it.

Great play by Miller, please make these two as redemption for that Bobby Simmons foul.

At least we didn't give up the 3. All square at 95, 13 seconds to win the game, who do we go to?

Joe reply to Alvin on Feb 23 at 22:09

Iguodala, Miller, Speights are the only choices I hope.

Maybe it's jsut me - but by now you just hve to laugh at how these games end

I had the same reaction. Laughed at how they could find another bizarre last second way to lose.

i fucking knew it

Why did they leave him wide open?????

Big, big loss as Atlanta is getting pasted at the moment and has a very rough stretch this week so they should fall back some. And Det. and Miami play each other tomorrow. I can't find a replay of that last sequence - no way he could have dribbled one time and then Iggy hits the ball and Harris bobbles it and then shoot the darn thing in like 1.2 seconds.

Tray reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 22:39

I don't know if you were watching on Comcast SportsNet, but the replays, though crappy, pretty clearly showed that the ball left his hands just a fraction of a second before the lights went off.

Bryon reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 22:47

1.8 Still not enough time to do what he did. Clock operator must have started it late.

Tray reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 23:03

I mean, he didn't get far past halfcourt. I don't see why not.

Bryon reply to Tray on Feb 23 at 23:15

The bobbling of the ball in the air took at least one full second so there is no way that he catches, dribbles, and shoots it in .8

Another thing was the Nets announcers were saying that NJ did not have any TO's left when they called that last one before Vince tied it up. They were saying that the Sixers players were hollering that it should be a tech. Fratello said that he and Marv had NJ with none left either but their count must have been wrong.

Whether they had that one or not, they didn't have one after Iggy made the 1st free throw to go up by 1 so he should have intentionally missed the 2nd one so that NJ wouldn't gain the advantage of the inbounds pass.

Bryon reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 23:27

Oops. Sorry, Iguodala missed the 1st and made the 2nd so the last paragraph above is all for naught.

Bryon reply to Bryon on Feb 23 at 23:06

And didn't the league change the start of the clock from the home team's operator to the ref doing it on his belt clip or something like that?

I went back and timed it 3 separate times. It was 2.0 seconds by my calculations. I'm with you guys and thought it was like 3-4 seconds, but the difference between 1.8 and 2.0 is nothing to get excited about. Being a Sixers fan, I might have even started too early. If it was a second or more, I'd be pissed, but I can't get upset about .2 seconds.

Yup, it looked like the started it on first dribble instead of when he first touched the ball, i had about .2 seconds off as well. they won't overturn it and there was nothing nefarious, just a shitty break in a season of them. make your free throws and it never comes to that.

I quit

I am very confident that the last shot should not count, it is impossible to do that in 1.8 seconds. No questions BUT the sixers loss the game, the Nets did not win. And, long term, it is good that they lost. The gave it away w/ poor free throw shooting. And, maybe they will learn how to shoot foul shots now.

But, I agree w/ Brian. I quit. No way other to say it. I had tickets tonite to the game and I decided that the way the sixers were playing, I was not going to waste my gas, tolls and parking. Glad i did not waste it.

Just saw the replay. He even caught the damn ball at the free throw line and didn't fling it until half court. Can't possibly do that in 1.8.

The missed FT's and all of the minutes for Evans had me grumpy all game...

But the finish made me laugh. Its not like either team played all that well or "deserved" the game. Its amusing at this point to see what freak ways this team can find to lose. Maybe these bad breaks will even out during a season that actually means something.

One other thing. I noticed early in the game that Harris (like Lou) likes the jump pass. Was thinking that its interesting how Harris as a good PG gets away with it... and then he goes and gets stuck in the air giving away the game (well almost giving it away.)

Tom Moore stated in his blog the sixers are contacting the league about the last call. I agree. Here is the link:

I hope they follow through, this needs to be dealt with in the future even if it does not change anything now.