Game 6: Sixers vs. Magic

This game terrifies me more than it excites me...as has been written here that the 76ers have struggled to beat undermanned groups (Indiana and Oklahoma City). I do see them getting a big lead...maybe 14 or so in the 3rd like in game 3. Lets just hope they hold the lead and don't give the Magic confidence to try to come back. Denver has been great at getting a lead and then just putting a team away...maybe we can learn a lesson. Our defense has been there...Orlando has not hit 100 points, and we have been at least 2 possessions down late in the fourth every game. I would like the sixers to blow them away...but I see a 95-90 game nail biter. Even if the 76ers get to the foul lane....they tend to lose focus and miss their free throws! Here's to a good game and bringing it down to Orlando where the pressure is on the Magic!

I'm not on the same page as Thorpe.

Can see Iguodala going for a triple-double. But I don't expect him to go for more than 30. He's not a natural scorer. Hopefully he attacks and break down the offense, but I doubt he puts up a ton of shots.

Yeah, I don't see him as the type of guy who'd ever score 50.

This would be a great game for him to wind up with points somewhere in the 30's on 20 shots, though.

Kendrick Perkins on the bench early with foul trouble, the Bulls mercilessly attacking the hoop. That's what we need to see from the Sixers tonight.

Redick starting at the two. That's a bit of a surprise. I still think the Magic take 30 threes in this game.

Tom Moore on Apr 30 at 19:39

Van Gundy issued a pre-game challenge to DiLeo: "We looked at the film (of Game 5). If Tony wants to come out and enumerate the instances (Dwight Howard) was in there – there were really no three-second calls uncalled. You can go through it yourself. He wasn’t in the lane; it wasn’t a problem. I understand, I guess, how the game is played."

DiLeo: "I have no more comment on that. I don’t want to get into a war of words."

Van Gundy's a class act.

Rondo should've just been ejected.

Here's the tip, let's go.

Why do they have Orlando's feed again?

Bryon reply to Brian on Apr 30 at 19:44

They left him in the game. Unbelieveable.

I don't know who these announcers are.

Bryon reply to Brian on Apr 30 at 19:46

Couldn't we just have got the Sixers feed instead of the NBA TV desk crew.

Tom Moore on Apr 30 at 19:44

Other interesting thing was that a Sixers spokesman said Reggie Evans never told Howard after Game 5 that Evans "was going to ask his GM (Ed Stefanski) not to go to the league about trying to get me suspended. I appreciate that from Reggie."

One on Gortat. Get the second.

LOL @ Alston.

Offensive rebound leads to a 3. Grrr. Hope that's the last time I see that today.

Miller can't be sagging off of Redick.

Threes. Damnit.

ATTACK THE HOOP!!!!!!!

Alvin reply to Brian on Apr 30 at 19:51

Willie Green with an excellent shot there. OMG. What was he thinking.

Redick will have a field day with Green "guarding" him.

Stop running plays for Willie. Go with the big three til you get on track.

Alston just breezed past Green there.

Why does Orlando look like the team facing elimination?

No defense at all, this is disgraceful.

And offensively, the Sixers are allergic to the rim.

F me. This is just absolutely disgusting. Get Willie out of there now. Stop taking jumpers, and put some friggin' pressure on the ball.

Orlando is doing exactly what the Sixers should be doing.

Yes, get Green the F out of there.

Battie at the 5 now. Come on, do you need an invitation to go to the rim?

Alvin reply to Brian on Apr 30 at 20:02

Gotta give the Magic credit: they really want this, even Battie is stepping up.

Putting Redick in there was quite smart, actually, I have to give credit when it's due, even to a big douche. He can shoot from way out there.

Obviously they intend to make as many threes as possible. They may not need to with the ease that they are getting to the basket.

So when do they wake up? 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter, 4th quarter or late October?

LOL this is the most stupid game I have ever seen, and to see it in an elimination game as well.

Go to the hoop in this last play please.

Alvin reply to Alvin on Apr 30 at 20:06

WTF!!!

Come on, you knew that possession was ending with a bad jumper.

30-19 after 1. 63% shooting for Orlando.

Shot blocker or not, they are going to pack it in and sag on defense all night long - just like Larry Brown does against us.

Pretty cool real time probability thing. It doesn't take into account team quality though, but still cool.

Theo in the post. That's awesome.

Orlando's hot shooting is one thing. We need to work harder on defense.

At the other end, though, it's a joke. How they are not attacking the rim is really beyond me. Orlando is the aggressor in this game and that's just an insane thing to be happening.

Shame on the Sixers.

Wow, drive to the hoop, pick up a foul and get the hoop. Shocking.

Here's Speights.

Yes, Lou.

Wow, Speights. This is desperation time.

Bryon reply to Alvin on Apr 30 at 20:12

And we thought that was only reserved for Donyell.

Alvin reply to Bryon on Apr 30 at 20:14

Obviously DiLeo realizes the big man we have who is most likely to score at the hoop is Speights.

He's hoping to rookie can outrun Battie/Gortat and get a couple of easy baskets. And hoping that the rookie will show more aggression than the others.

Heh. Lou fouls Pietrus on a three.

Alvin reply to Brian on Apr 30 at 20:13

He's becoming more and more like Dalembert, don't you think?

Sam does more positive things.

Here we go. Down 7, Andres taking over. That could've been 3 on the hammer right there too.

Hmmn. Defensive lineup here, I suppose. Is that three on Ratliff?

No Speights, cut to the hoop.

That was a clean block by Speights. Absolutely clean. Steve Smith is a moron.

Atta boy Lou. Pay no attention to that end line.

WTF Lou!!!

Lou is going to give me a heart attack.

That was an offensive foul on Turk.

I rather have Iggy handling the ball than Lou.

Atta boy, Speights. Someone actually wants it?

Yes Speights, go out there and show more energy than anybody else.

About damn time we put Miller back in. Like Brian said before, it's win this game at all costs.

Can we score more than 40 in a half?

At least Willie takes a shot and misses, Lou - he just turns it over.

Get Lou the F out of there now damnit.

He is costing the hell out of us.

F you, Ivey.

Alvin reply to Brian on Apr 30 at 20:26

I think all the F'ing it has to start with Lou/DiLeo.

Bryon reply to Alvin on Apr 30 at 20:28

In defense of DiLeo, he had to scramble and throw some crap out there. What he started with sure wasn't getting it done. Willie stinks the joint up, then he puts in Lou - same thing. As a coach, he doesn't have anymore options.

Alvin reply to Bryon on Apr 30 at 20:47

How about going with a big lineup? It's worth at least a try. And hey, Willie is doing much better than Lou in this game. And the previous one as well.

This is such a poor lineup to put on the floor DiLeo. What the fuck is Lou still doing out there? I'd rather have Jason Smith out there on one leg.

Bryon reply to Alvin on Apr 30 at 20:26

I second that. The part about Lou.

1 on 5, just jack it up Lou.

Lou uses the break to get himself a 20 footer from the wing. superb.

Alvin reply to Brian on Apr 30 at 20:32

I don't think any other player in the league makes so many bad plays in a short span of time and stays on the court.

I was sure Redick was going to make that 3.

Miller is going to lead. Is anyone going to follow?

Dalembert, Speights, Thad, Iguodala, Miller. Why not try it?

Alvin reply to Brian on Apr 30 at 20:36

Now or never. Last game of the season. Might as well. Especially since Lou and Ivey are stinking it up, and we need another big in there to rebound the ball.

Heck, even Dalembert/Marshall/Thad/Iggy/Miller would work.

Bryon reply to Brian on Apr 30 at 20:37

It's the plague, remember.

This is terrible, someone better inspire a sense of urgency in the locker room at the half.

Thank God Lou is off the floor right now.

What are we suppose to be doing on offense?

What about some on-ball screens instead of all the off the ball screening and then we just go one-on-one.

Bryon reply to Bryon on Apr 30 at 20:39

I mean, why not try to free up the guy with the ball. We try to get guys free off the ball, and then they just go one-on-one.

LOL wonder if anyone will say that Orlando is better without Howard after this game.

We so need another big man out there. Daly can't protect the paint on his own.

Alvin reply to Alvin on Apr 30 at 20:41

See.

Why is there only one Sixers on the defensive glass every single time?

62-48 at the half. I just don't know what to say about this.

I'm sure I'll post this comment more than once in the off-season, but Lou has to be traded and it has nothing to do with these playoffs. Guy has to go. He's practically Willie reincarnated.

Alvin reply to Bryon on Apr 30 at 20:48

Who's gonna want him, seriously? D'Antoni, so he can have the shortest backcourt in history? Or San Antonio, so they can have a poor man's version of what Tony Parker was in 2003?

Here's my prediction for the second half. If the Sixers can score 52 points, they win the game. Orlando will not crack 100 points. (by the way, this is based on nothing)

Iggy: 2/10 in the first half. Ouch. They were +2 w/ Speights on the floor.

Bryon reply to Brian on Apr 30 at 20:59

Thumb bothering him?

i cannot even believe this is happening right now. i beyond furious.

You're playing in Philadelphia for goodness' sake. Show some effort out there.

PLay tough, smart basketball. Go with the mismatches in the half court. Young, Miller, Iggy. Defensively, work your ass off, force turnovers and run. Secure the glass.

Win or go home.

If you don't play harder and smarter than the other team, you're going home. Plain and simple.

Go with the big lineup, DiLeo.

I like that look on Miller's face.

Stop with the jumpers. JUST STOP!!!

Doesn't this seem similar to those last 7 games w/o Thad? He isn't out there tonight either.

It's the basics. It's okay to lose if you have less talent than the other team. But to lose because the other team gave more effort and plays smarter basketball on your home court in an elimination game is a farce.

Take Green out, put Speights or Marshall in.

For one thing, Dalembert is trying.

We all knew Iggy wouldn't finish that three point play.

Alvin reply to Bryon on Apr 30 at 21:10

I'm ashamed to say I actually HOPED he would, when i really should have known better.

Lovely. Sweet pass, Willie.

We came back from 18 down in game 1 w/ DH on the floor.

Why do our guys look like they are not in this game w/o DH on the floor?

Man the F>.. up!!!!!!!

Miller is gone. He's not going to take this shit anymore. 2 seasons playing the way he has, and this team quits on him.

He deserves much, much better.

Lou, I expected nothing more. Jack away.

Alright guys. I'm going to just try to watch the final 15 minutes of the season without breaking something.

BOO THE FUCK out of that team.

And F those who tell me Iggy is the star of this team. They got the wrong Andre.

While it may be convenient to find fault with DiLeo, the players are totally responsible for this. It wouldn't matter who he attempted to trot out there.

Lou. Ivey. Green. Iggy. Young. What the F have you guys been doing out there??

Is this game not a microcosm of the whole season or what??

Get Louis Williams out of there now. Mickey Mouse can do much better.

I'm seeing the last minutes of Andre Miller in a Sixers jersey now. Damn, he's been awesome for us in his 3+ seasons.

Bryon reply to Alvin on Apr 30 at 21:28

Sign Ronnie Price.

We taking it to the hoop now???

What's wrong Iggy? You don't want to grab your nut-sack..

87-72, and it took a 7-0 run to end the quarter to get it down to 15.

This game was lost early when they came out more aggressive. And they have reached the zone and are playing unconscious.

Why was I not surprised that Ivey missed the runner?

Stop with the jumpers.

OMG I see two bigs on the court!!!

Alvin reply to Alvin on Apr 30 at 21:31

This is the best moment of the night for me. To see two bigs on the floor.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why didn't Iggy just make some contact with Pietrus on that break away? Giving up an open dunk on your home floor in an elimination game? Not a leader.

Alvin reply to Bryon on Apr 30 at 21:32

The leader is wearing the number 7 and he deserves a better team.

Bryon reply to Alvin on Apr 30 at 21:36

Mouthful.

All that I have invested in this team this season and they give me this for a send-off....

Iggy had him on the lob the first time and then he forces it? Turnover...

Well, it's been a pleasure suffering with you guys this season. I'll eventually have a wrap of this one, right now I just don't think I can put into words how disappointed I am.

Bryon reply to Brian on Apr 30 at 21:38

Depressed Fan at its finest.

3-10 in the first 4 minutes of the fourth quarter. 4 minutes without a field goal in an elimination game. LOL.

I'm sorry but Iguodala has been pathetic.

Well Lou, you just had to jump before passing one more time didn't you....

Turk gets first shot at the buffet.

I'm just pulling my hair out. WTF. I started watching late 3rd quarter. Still not sure what's burying us today. Is it the just the Magic hot hand? Is it our defensive scheme?

Oh Iggy, breakaway dunk in the fourth quarter of a blowout defeat in an elimination game. How superstar like.

Bryon reply to Alvin on Apr 30 at 21:46

Don't forget to credit him with playing the passing lane and getting the steal. Macho.

What's with the NBA TV love for SVG? Makes me want to throw up. More than the game itself.

I don't understand why we resorted to all the cheating down and sagging causing unnecessary rotations pretty much all night.

I think we can agree on one thing: We did not give up on this team tonight. They gave up on us.

Show some heart here Sixers. Make the score respectable.

This beatdown from Lewis is going to be good for Thad, if he's the good learner that they say he is.

Doesn't matter, but any reason Thad is still guarding Lewis and they have Iggy on Pietrus? DiLeo wants Thad to get abused?

This launching of 3s just makes it even worse.

Fuck the 3s. Seriously. I know we're getting eliminated, but it's the last 3 minutes of the season in front of the Philly fans. Play some basketball.

All I ask at this point, Brian, is a tribute post to Andre Miller.

He's been excellent for this team over the time he's been here. He has to have plenty of takers out there and he deserves a better team or at least a team that won't quit on him.

I'll start it off...

Brand is old. He doesn't fit. He won't help the team. Thad is better than Iguodala. Speights should start over Dalembert. Sixers need a shooter.

:) you completely forgot the draft.

this team seriously broke my heart today. goddam.

Alvin reply to hanwayl on Apr 30 at 22:08

I woke up at 7:30am on a damn public holiday to watch this game on live streaming and this is what I got.

Well, it was my choice.

Couldn't miss Andre Miller's last game, though.

Can depressed fan somehow be multiple?

Joe reply to Bryon on Apr 30 at 22:54

depressed fans is the plural.

I used to be seeking this particular information for that long time. Thanks a lot and good luck.