Sunday Workouts Scheduled

Teague as I understand it is kind of in free fall right now...

Yep, he was way up there before the combine, wonder why he's dropping.

john reply to Brian on Jun 12 at 15:26

Has he hired an agent yet? Whens the withdrawal deadline?

The 15th is the deadline. Not sure if he's hired an agent either.

Teague sprained his MCL and is just now working out again, injuries always hurt stock like it did last year when Lawson got hurt during the process.

I really think he should go back to college this isn't the draft for him. Whereas next year he could easily be a top 10 pick.

john reply to Dannie on Jun 12 at 16:45

I could have sworn it was more than just the injury - but now i can't remember where or what i read - just left a 'bad taste' in my mouth when i did

Tom Moore on Jun 12 at 15:24

Could come down to Maynor and Lawson. Would be interested to see which one the Sixers take if both are still on the board at No. 17.

Chad Ford has a draft trade column. Nothing Earth-shattering in there, other than the Celts potentially moving into the top 10 to grab Tyreke Evans.

Brandon Jennings and Jonny Flynn, they're making a big deal out of Jennings' comments on Rubio, I don't really see it.

Real and Speightacular on Jun 12 at 17:14

On nbadraft.net's lastest mock (updated 2hrs ago), they've got Teague @ #10. Hm. I'm just generally not a fan of tweener guards but in Jordan's system he might cut it.

I'm not a fan of nbadraft.net 'mock' in general - not this far out - it changes, A LOT, more than would be reasonable, unless of course it's just constantly change to increase traffic and thus ad rates

I go with draftexpress. nbadraft.net is pretty bad.

Real and Speightacular reply to Joe on Jun 13 at 5:08

I hear you. You get lots more background info with DX, but around draft time DX isn't really any better than nbadraft.net. Surprisingly, I think nbadraft actually were the best predictors year before last (and ESPN sucked the most balls). This year tho? After Griffin, I think it's absolutely anybody's guess.

Brian, isn't it time to revisit your "Three Point Difference" post now that we've added Kapono and have the upcoming draft?

In the post, you stated:
"Let's set the modest goal of moving from 29th in the league to 20th in three pointers made. So moving from 4.2 per game to 6.2 per game. That means the team would have to add 170 more threes."

Kapono has averaged 1.0/3pt/game or 82/yr, but has more recently had 1.6/game (131/yr) in '06 and 1.2/game (98/yr) last year. It's fairly reasonable to assume he'll add 100 3pt this year, leaving us 70 below the earlier posts goal of 20th in the nba.

Given the new Princeton offense
and Kapono acquisition, isn't it more likely that we focus on drafting a multi-skilled guard who can shoot (Maynor/Lawson), rather than a pure one-dimensional shooter (Curry)?

"isn't it more likely that we focus on drafting a multi-skilled guard who can shoot (Maynor/Lawson), rather than a pure one-dimensional shooter (Curry)?"

I think Brian thinks that Curry's more than a pure one-dimensional shooter; judging by his remarks, he sees him as, like, a Reggie Miller who can play point. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration.

Yeah, I wouldn't go that far on Curry, but I definitely see him as a much more complete player than Kapono, and really a perfect fit for this offense. Great on the pick and roll, excellent at moving w/out the ball and everything I've read says he's a very, very good passer. He's not a typical walk the ball up the floor PG, but from everything Eddie Jordan has said, this type of offense doesn't need one of those.

As for threes made, even if you bank on Kapono hitting 100, that's not going to be a net gain of 100 for the team because you have factor in the guys whose minutes he's taking, those guys would've hit some threes in those minutes, so best-case scenario, just adding Kapono would give you a boost of maybe 40-60 threes, still 110-130 to go to hit that 170 mark.

Tray reply to Brian on Jun 12 at 23:48

Well I'm sure he's a far more complete player than Kapono. May have a little Rip Hamilton in him.

Joe reply to Tray on Jun 12 at 23:54

Rip Hamilton has a little completeness to him?

Tray reply to Joe on Jun 13 at 13:58

He's more than just a shooter, he scores in a variety of ways. I don't suppose people are expecting a ton of rebounding or defense from Curry.

Chris reply to Brian on Jun 13 at 2:53

Bobby Knight seems to think he (Curry) is a good passer. ;-)

"One of the best passers college basketball has ever seen."

I can't watch this stuff, it'll just get my hopes up even higher.

sfw reply to Tray on Jun 12 at 20:55

Tray, I don't think that comparison is too far off. Maybe about 3 inches in height.

Lester Hudson is going to dominate this workout. Watching him in college he was a man playing with boys. He is already 24 though bu the can flat out score.

Joe reply to steve on Jun 12 at 21:19

You watched him? That is pretty cool. What can you tell us/me?

John reply to steve on Jun 12 at 21:32

being 24 is not a plus coming into the draft - it means you got less years on you to play...a man playing with boys might not be as good when he has to play with men as well

Joe reply to John on Jun 12 at 23:53

In his small sample against good teams last year, he was still very productive, according to PAWS.(pace adjusted win score) Fwiw.

He has always intrigued me. Mostly because from what I hear he has pretty good form, can get to the line, and creates a lot of possessions with good rebounding and forcing turnovers.

He had a Quad double I believe last season.

Real and Speightacular reply to Joe on Jun 13 at 5:11
"He had a Quad double I believe last season."

It's impressive, but it was against nothing competition. I was all hyped about this guy last year til he absolutely flopped in all workouts. Mebbe he has his head right this year. He's intriguing, but quite a gamble.

steve reply to John on Jun 13 at 8:37

Yea I know its a negative that's what i was saying. He was a man playing with boys in college because he's already a man. But ive watched alot of his games just to see what kind of prospect he was. I think his game is going to translate. He has unbelievable strength on his drives. He handles contacts and hangs in the air to adjust his shot and his a great finisher around the rim. His assist numbers are overrated just because he had the ball in his hands so much but he's still a pretty decent passer. One of his best traits is stealing the ball from guys in the post. He does it at least once a game where he'll come from the weak side and strip the post player. His shot is smooth and has nba range. I'd definitly take him in the 2nd round he can come in right away and play.

This guy is coming in for a 2nd time. This shows IMO that the sixers are planning on getting a 2nd round pick. He is Stefon Jackson SG 6-5 185 24 UTEP Second round to undrafted

this makes me very happy as I would like to see 3 draft picks, not just 2. Even if 2 are 2nd round. More the merrier and better camp tryouts and competition.

Could mean they're interested in picking him up as a free agent if he goes undrafted. They only have 1 pick right now, i'd be kind of surprised if they bought 2 more.

sfw reply to Brian on Jun 13 at 6:28

He's also a local kid and I think they are working out 6 players. May be to provide him exposure and to create a different workout structure(playing 3 on3?).

DeanH reply to sfw on Jun 13 at 17:54

makes sense, I just would like to see the 76ers use all 15 spots on their roster. You never know when you will find a gem.