Dear Mr. Riley,

how about we also throw in willie green and they throw in kelenna azuubuike.

zig reply to zig on Jun 25 at 0:58

all that idealizing aside i like the idea even if we lose speights. i think he is worth giving up for curry to an extent. we do lose some front court depth, but we can make up for that somehow.

i know this is stupid, but i might as well give my stupid trade proposal that would be different or exciting.

phi-pho-cha

we receive: jason richardoson and goran dragic

phoenix receives: dalembert, gerald wallace, and radmonivic (or mohammed)

charlotte receives: willie, amare, 1st rounder from phoenix

hopefully, we pull of your above trade as well.
then we trade our 17th for 2 2nd rounders so we don't have two guaranteed contracts

we sign gortat to the mle.

chide me all you want.

This is your last chance to get your crazy trade proposals out there before the draft. I'd give yours a 10 on the crazy meter. Phoenix gives up the best player in the deal, their number 1 pick and takes back the two worst contracts :)

Lawson's not a backup point. Darren Collison is. Jeff Teague is. Jennings could be if he doesn't develop (though he could also be a star). Curry's probably not a point at all. I don't get how so many people, including you and apparently many general managers, have decided that Lawson is really this merely solid, workmanlike player, rather than the pretty spectacular one he actually is, just because he happens to be a tad short and played for a really good team (and therefore must have had his numbers inflated passing to uber-athletes like, um, no one and elite shooters like Ellington, who's not actually an elite shooter). All I can say is I'm glad you're not running the team. In a couple years, we'll all be lamenting the day Brand signed his contract and Speights will be the only decent big man we've got. You're not exactly talking about dealing away surplus talent here. Our current center's a nut, we've got this Coloradan kid who occasionally knocks down open 18-footers and calls himself a power forward, and the $82 million man hasn't played a full season in 3 years. When he did play, he looked like a shell of the guy we thought we were getting. We also have this super-athletic, long 21 year-old power forward/center who, after getting a year's experience in college, was statistically one of the best rookies in the league. He runs, he dunks, he blocks shots, and unlike Smith, he can really shoot. He may well develop 3-point range. He doesn't defend much but he's also a kid. You'd like to trade him for the terror of the Southern Conference, the most acclaimed shooter in college ball since J.J. Redick, though he wasn't quite as good a shooter as Redick, but who cares, his father hit 1200+ threes in the NBA. And George W. Bush's father was a half-decent President, but I digress. In an ideal world he'll become a decent point who can really shoot, like prime Mike Bibby; in a less ideal world, he'll be just another earthbound kid who could really shoot in college, like the guy pictured above, Acie Law. Law, who actually played a good point in a good conference and if memory serves, went shot for shot with Kevin Durant in multiple overtimes. I'm just glad that in all probability we'll be coming away with one of two very promising players, Lawson and Jennings.

The guy pictured above is Speights, not Law.

For the record, I won't be unhappy if the Sixers come away with Lawson or Jennings at #17. It's just not my ideal. And I'm not really down on Lawson so much, I think he'll be a solid pro, not spectacular, but solid. He could probably start for the Sixers this season, which says more about the Sixers than Lawson, unfortunately. But you're pretty much out of your mind if you think the talent level around him had nothing to do with his success at North Carolina, just as you're out of your mind if you think the horrible team Curry had didn't affect his in a negative way.

Hansbrough: 30.4 PER
Ellington: 22.6 PER (41.7% from three, yeah, not an elite shooter)
Green: 24.6 PER (41.8% from three)
Deon Thompson: 18.6 PER
Ed Davis: 6.6 points, 6.7 boards in 18 minutes/game (can't find his PER)

Good call that Lawson's teammates weren't really that great.

Also, Speights spent two years in college and you seem to be the only person on the planet who won't admit that Curry is an amazing shooter.

I'm not bashing Speights, I think he has a chance to be a really good pro. What I'm doing is looking at this roster, and what I perceive as the core (Iguodala and Thad). I firmly believe this team has to move forward with those two guys at the two and three, and in order to be successful with that core I believe you need a point who can shoot more than anything else. Iguodala's ideal role is as a facilitator, so I don't think you need a point whose strength is handling the ball and dishing, at least not as much as you need one who can move off the ball, spot up and knock down jumpers. To my eye, that guy is Curry. The most important missing part, and I believe he fills that role better than anyone else in this draft and better than any obtainable free agent or trade target in the league. I'm sorry if you disagree, but there is logic behind my thought process.

Chris reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 2:37

Brian,

I feel where you are coming from. If the Sixers can't / don't move up, they should buy an early second round pick to get Jack McClinton. He is an even better shooter than Curry. That guy is an incredible shooter.

Like you said, let Iggy can facilitate and McClinton can keep defenses honest. If not McClinton, then maybe Jodie Meeks.

Alvin reply to Chris on Jun 25 at 5:54

The guy can flat out shoot. I like that idea of just buying a pick in order to get him. No harm having another shooter on the roster for minimal cost.

deepsixersuede reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 7:37

Brian, by the way, Davis was considered to be the highest drafted player from Carolina if he came out this year. I want Jennings more than anybody after reading up on his upside, go for it.I hope they get their p.g.,even if a slight move up is needed [future considerations?]

Yeah, I really like Ed Davis.

Dude reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 8:51

...and you've made your logic abundantly clear over the last six-to-eight weeks, Brian, to everyone who's been coming here and reading your stuff. That was a very thoughtful and well-worded response to what I can only describe as a hot-headed rant by someone who just doesn't understand your position on this issue.

Tray reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 13:07

Speights didn't play his first year of college, and Curry was a great shooter, but so were Redick, Langdon, Law, and a lot of others. Being a great college shooter doesn't always suffice to get you off an NBA bench and it doesn't even always translate into being a great NBA shooter. As for the biggest area of need, I'd say that big men is an area where we can't afford to lose a guy like Speights. Please explain to me why you don't think Elton Brand is another Jermaine O'Neal, and/or name another guy who missed most of two seasons and came back to do anything at all.

john reply to Tray on Jun 25 at 13:10

Jermaine O'neal had/has chronic back issues - they don't go away
Brand had two 'fluke' injuries both of which are 'recoverable' and not as prone (if at all) to reoccurrence as I understand it.

That's one right there

Redick (who hasn't really gotten any kind of chance in Orlando) and Langdon were both good shooters on very talented teams. Meaning, they shot a ton of college threes with little to no pressure on them. They didn't have to work to get their shots off, they didn't have to create their own shots, they didn't have to learn how to create space. Curry was a great shooter without the luxury of anyone else on his team to create opportunities for him. That's the difference to me. If you don't count Speights first year at Florida because it suits you, I'm not counting Law's first two in Atlanta either. He's barely played.

As for Brand, I can't think of anyone who missed most of two seasons with completely unrelated injuries in the past, so I have no way of knowing how they came back in the third year. If you're saying you think Brand is completely done, this team has more problems than Marreese Speights can fix.

Tray reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 15:30

I think we all know that this team has more problems than Speights can fix, but sans Speights, there won't be any fix at all. 1 good big man is better than none. There are nice point guards available at our spot, and I don't see how you could be so sure that the difference between Curry and Lawson in production, or Curry and Jennings, is worth a Speights. Curry may be a better fit for us, but you really think he's that much better that you want to deal away our one good young big man, arguably our only good big man period if Brand comes back playing like he did last season?

We have different definitions of good big men. I value defense and rebounding higher than the ability to hit a 17-foot jumper.

john reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 15:41

I value both the defense and a post game more than the 17 foot jumper - though Speights has the post game.

So speights is the new 'divisive' player huh?

Nah, at least not for me. I value the guy, think he could be very good, I just think there are guys who would be better fits on this team. I definitely don't see him as a better big than Elton Brand any time soon.

john reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 15:52

I think he's great but some of the reactions to him are kind of interesting - I mean - he's severely flawed and has a lot of work to do to be a quality NBA player - and yet there are those ready for him to start and I don't see that...not even over Sam and my feelings on Sam are well known (and have been the same for about 4 years or more...)...He's got a lot of upside no doubt and like Young could be a steal from his draft, but you can't know that yet.

Real and Speightacular reply to Tray on Jun 25 at 6:49

Good lord. Co-friggin-signed.

(ok, except for the mistaken identity bit ;-)

By the way, it looks like Shaq to Cleveland is happening. I don't think this trade really does anything to shift the balance of power. Shaq is pretty much done at this point of his career. Sure, he's more of a threat in the post than Ilgauskus or any other big they have, but he isn't a game changer, not anymore. Cleveland is desperate to keep LeBron happy and in Cleveland. In my opinion, they're going about it in precisely the wrong way. They have no young talent on their roster, none at all. These moves for over-the-hill vets may get him a ring next season (although I think it's doubtful), but when he hits free agency he's going to look at a decrepit roster in Cleveland with no future, and he's going to walk. Ring or no ring. (end rant)

Oh, by the way, Phoenix fans, this is another in a long line of F.U.'s from your owner.

Real and Speightacular reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 7:04

On a per 36/40 basis, Shaq still comes out one of the top centers in the league even if he's not the bulldozing monster he was in days of yore. All LeBron needs is a decent presence back there who can defend some and score some, kinda like what MJ had in Bill Cartwright (only better). He's going to slow/offset Howard a good deal more than Illy. That's going to be quite the battle if it comes back to these two teams in the easter conf playoffs next year, considering the DHo bashing Shaq's dealt out (Dwight's not going to forget even if Shaq tries some i-never-meant-no-harm apology, which eventually he will). The big issue is more around how many minutes can Shaq withstand on a game to game basis this year, which really ought to be his last if he has any sense.

You're right re Phoenix, it looks like a pre-tank job. Maybe they're accepting suckage this year so they can get a great shot at Aldrich next year. Or maybe they're trying to make Amare happy and give him the room to return to prior beastie levels. We shall see.

Stefanski already said he wasn't trading Speights or Thad to move up in the draft. They feel it's too much. So while he has said the guy he would move up to get would be Curry I still don't know if he believes Curry is worth Speights.

Sean reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 11:18

Shaq is a desperation move. Let's not forget, Shaq looked like he was on fumes in Miami, until the Suns staff did some voodoo on him, the same they've used on GHill. How Shaq & LeBron will work on the court? LeBron needs driving room, he is not as slithery as Wade or Kobe. Defensively, they will struggle in transition and in the Screen/Roll.

The bigger issue is how Mike Brown will handle that locker room. Brown is basically LeBron's lap dog, how will Shaq handle that? Could Shaq turn Bron against Brown if things get bumpy? ESPN keeps making the Magic/Kareem comparisons while forgetting that Shaq ain't Kareem(especially on the glass or defensively) and LeBron is not Magic(from a floor leader standpoint). Most importantly, Brown is not Riley.

This won't end well, barring injuries to other units.

john reply to Sean on Jun 25 at 11:29

The basketball prospectus write up is pretty good - i just don't see how a season long tub of goo is going to keep up with Dwight Howard in the playoffs.

Howard should get better this off season and as evidence indicates Shaq will do a lot of things as long as it doesn't involve getting in shape or working on his basketball game.

This will fail miserably, but in the end if Lebron wants to make the most money - he won't leave Cleveland - and if it's not about cash first - it'll be more interesting, but I still don't htink he ends up in New York...there will be a lot of teams with cap space and better situations.

Sean reply to john on Jun 25 at 11:39

Shaq and LeBron cannot beat Orlando, because they still have not resolved the Rashard Lewis mismatch nightmare, and next year, Jameer will be healthy and blowtorching Mo, especially in a Screen/Roll with Howard, because you know Shaq ain't helping. I'd almost say that Donyell's three-pointers in a game record might be jeopardy if Jameer can get hot.

Regarding LeBron and 2010, I often say that if LeBron ends up in NY(either franchise) it would confirm a lot of the issues with him as a person. This is the same guy who told his mother to sit her ass down on national TV, explained his ECF walkout while wearing a Yankees hat, and released a special Yankees version of his shoes. I do find it ironic that, on the eve of LeBron's big contract year, he begged to team up with this generation's most iconic carpet-bagger. Maybe Shaq can teach him how to burn bridges on the way out of town.

john reply to Sean on Jun 25 at 11:52

I wish people would stop making an issue of the Yankees - who cares what baseball team he roots for and who cares what Nike decides to release shoe versions of - Nike pays his bills...lots of em, if they wanted a yankee shoe i'm sure he said sure why not, more shoe sales means more money for lebron. I don't care who anyone roots for baseball wise - it's a ridiculous issue over exagerrated by a ESPN 24 hour news media that needs to keep Lebron on the air as much as possible.

I disagree with almost all your lebron assertions in your post by the way - again people reading too much inot things that I don't htink are really relevant.

As for the mismatches in Cleveland - I suppose - but if they don't keep turkoglu - do they keep Lewis at PF or do they have to slide him back to the 3 so they can have an NBA starter there and start some sort of Gortat (if they keep him) Howard combo or do they start pietrus - who is a more 'normal' 3 -

Hedo helps with the mismatching and the perimeter threating

Sean reply to john on Jun 25 at 12:00

Here is the thing with LeBron: He really runs that organization. What he wants, he gets, without repercussions. Would it surprise me if he went to NY? Nope. But we will have to see.

Regarding the Magic issues, I don't see them losing Hedo. Nobody can really give him the money he wants, except DET, and that would be dumb of them. He will get a bump and stay in ORL, imo. Which means that CLE will still struggle to match up with ORL, especially when Jameer is healthy.

Gortat is probably gone. You cannot pay that much for a backup Center unless that guy can steal minutes at the 4 also. I don't think a Gortat/Howard frontcourt works. So, ORL needs another big.

john reply to Sean on Jun 25 at 12:06

I don't think Lebron 'runs' the organization but I think they do try to make moves to make him happy so he's willing to stay.

I think Miami makes moves to make Wade happy and I think Toronto makes moves to make Bosh happy, I think if you aren't making moves to help your star be happy - well that's just part of the job folks - yes you want to build a winner but you gotta keep your star happy too - especially these days.

I mean how does Toronto feel now that Bosh has publicly said he won't even consider an extension this off season - flat out won't do it...

Lebron gets more praise from the vidiots so the online community seems to want to go after him more than any other player aside from Kobe, probably just fan jealousy.

Sean reply to john on Jun 25 at 12:31

Lets just say that from some of the stories I've heard, they actually go above and beyond for him. But that is neither here nor there, and, to be fair, some of it is somewhat circumstantial.

The real issue is, as many people have noted, they built this team on a quick-fix style and constantly grab at superficial things to make their team "champs" as opposed to building slow and steady, especially since their core guy is so young. Look at the OKC blueprint with Durant, for example. Look at what SA did with Duncan. Instead, Cleveland has been running up hill trying to build a champ ever since Boozer left. This Shaq thing is just the latest in a litany of last gasps.

john reply to Sean on Jun 25 at 12:34

Don't take this the wrong way - but nless the stories you heard are from folks who work directly for the cavaliers - they don't carry any more weight than a peter vescey story - nothing personal - it's just that there's a lot of crap in the world.

Hey wait- that sounds familiar - right - bily king when Iverson was still here after 2001 and trying to save his job - if gilbert is as bad an owner as snider - the cavs are doomed

Here's my take on Cleveland. For the past couple of years (basically since they traded for Ben Wallace), the Cavs have been operating like LeBron is a 35 year-old veteran superstar who's on his last legs. They've eschewed young guys for over-the-hill vets who can hopefully regain form and propel this superstar to one last title run. Now, obviously LeBron isn't old, but he may as well be if you're Cleveland's front office, because I'd say the odds are worse than 50/50 that he leaves next Summer. Even if Cleveland can offer more money in his contract, I do believe that money can be made up in endorsements in NYC, even just local endorsements. Jeter's face is all over NYC and I have to think local media advertising in NYC is a little more profitable than local media advertising in CLE. His national profile would be raised as well, with The Post following his every move. This is the last in a long line of desperation moves when they should've been smart enough to build a young roster that would mature with him as he reached his prime.

john reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 12:46

"more coverage from the Post" - that's supposed to be an enticement - seriously - the post is a rag not worthy of wiping your arse - and the writers live up to that.

Lebron will also be subject to more scrutiny - more grief - and out of control expectations - plus Lebron has to believe that the Mike D'antoni system can win an NBA title - i still think he could get d'antoni fired tomorrow if he said something to the extent of 'i'll never play for a mike d'antoni coached team, i want to win not just be exciting'...:)

It's been reported that there are clauses in his contract that will give Lebron 'more money' endorsement wise if he's in LA or NY - but I really don't think his 'q rating' can get much nhigher nationally or internationally - it's a flat world - and lebron james is the biggest name in the NBA already - in cleveland - hell he's been the biggest name since day one.

Again - it'll be an interesting off season - and trade deadline - next year - and then 2010 off season will be fun too

and then the sixers will watch it all pass by probably - stuck in the mire of mediocrity 5-8.

And yeah i agree with how the cavs have dealt with lebron - but they've been on the clock - to build a winner right away or Lebron bolts - it's not their fault entirely if they don't feel lebron would be patient with a 2-3 year plan that would establish them as the pre-eminent team in the nBA but require a few bad seasons.

Sean reply to john on Jun 25 at 13:04

And that is where the problem is. CLE should've been smart to sit down and say "do you want to be a one-year wonder or do you want a perennial contender that could be a dynasty?" As concerned as LeBron is with his legacy, I would think that argument would appeal to him.

Brian hit the nail on the head, they have been treating this like LeBron's 35 going on 40. They needed to develop a complimentary post player years ago, instead of pushing for perimeter sidekicks in the Jordan/Pippen mold.

john reply to Sean on Jun 25 at 13:05

But that ain't lebrons fault - that's the organizations fault

Sean reply to john on Jun 25 at 13:36

I would actually blame it on both sides somewhat. Based on what LeBron's PR guy(ESPN's Chris Broussard) has been saying over the years, LeBron has been constantly applying pressure on them to make moves that will win immediately, no matter. Of course, I will say the Org needs to be able to handle him, get him on board with the program.

john reply to Sean on Jun 25 at 13:37

Broussard always stuck me as a 'quiet' version of SAS - no actual connections or anything - just talking out of his rear

Sean reply to john on Jun 25 at 13:45

I used to think that, until I realized just how quickly any LeBron related issues seem to be addressed by Broussard, and seem to come out like Broussard reported LeBron wanted it to be. Then you factor in that I believe that Broussard is actually from CLE, and those things might indicate more access.

deepsixersuede on Jun 25 at 8:18

If Blair is on the board at #17 and Lawson and Jennings are gone I inquire about possible movebacks.Portland may want him[toughness inside] and a Willie and 17 for Blake and 22 may be doable.Maynor may be there at 22 or take Collison.

Yo Brian
what is the Chance of KRush still been on the Sixers.do you think he can fit in better in this offense

I'd say slim to none. He was really that last man on the bench this season. If I was him, I'd try to catch on with the Pacers again.

Shaq to Cleveland, while not as bad as webber to Philadelphia, has all the smells of a simmilar deal. Big name past his prime (his per 36/40 minutes aside since he's unable to last that long any more)...more interesting trade because of his name.

The problem with Phoenix is they never should have traded for Shaq in the first place, it was a mistake - so getting rid of him not so bad a mistake - trading stoudemire would be asinine.

Shaq is much slower than he used to be, his athleticism is almost gone compared to Howards, and that's why he's there, to stop howard, and I don't think he can.

As for the #7 pick, who would you take Brian, since Curry won't be there :)

I see one scenario where Curry is there:

1. Griffin
2. Thabeet
3. Harden
4. Flynn
5. Rubio
6. Evans

I'm sure there are other variations on that, but I'm not hopeful that (a) he'll drop to 7 and (b) we'll actually trade up. Ford has him going #4 in the latest mock, he has Lawson going before we pick, has the us taking Maynor with Jennings falling to #19.

john reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 11:26

Actually Ford (6.2) has the sixers still drafting Lawson (with comments about Maynor - really Chad, that's pathetic)

Maynor at 27

His version 7.0 is up now, it's changed.

john reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 11:45

Stupid google feed reader - slow and behind on updating :)

Ah well -I'm still going to be upset if jennings is available and they pass - if it's for maynor - more so than lawson

bebopdeluxe on Jun 25 at 9:46

If Stefanski loves Curry, he has to know that - to move up enought in this draft to get him - the minimum price is Speights.

Why talk about Curry as a guy that he would move up to get without being realistic about what the price would be?

Has Stefanski expressed any interest in Curry? Has anyone related to the sixers even tangentially aside from Brian expressed an interest in trading up for the sixers? Just wondering cause I must have missed that article. I don't always catch em all.

I don't believe Curry will be available at 7 any more anyway - you'd have to get past Minnesota to get him I believe.

John - Check out some of the Stefanski calls with ESPN 950. I heard him I believe talking with Jodie Mack about moving up and down etc. He has mentioned Curry by name and he said the price was too high Thad/Speights. I don't personally remember hearing him mention Lou in that mix as being too high.

john reply to Dannie on Jun 25 at 10:42

That explains it - I can't listen to those calls any more - jodie mac spitting into the mic and being stuck in 1950 or mikey miss thinking iguodala is like a 9th player on a good team

bebopdeluxe reply to Dannie on Jun 25 at 10:55

Dannie:

Thanks for confirming that...thought that I heard Stefanski say that...

That's interesting. I hadn't heard that before either, I heard the part about not trading Speights or Thad, but not that Curry would be the guy they'd target.

Most recent Fagan article with some interesting stuff. Brand was shopped? I heard he was available didn't hear he was actively shopped.

john reply to Dannie on Jun 25 at 11:54

Heard this a couple days ago and I don't think he was 'shopped' - per se - i think it was made clear to other gms that you could trade for brand - and either no offers were made or none to their liking. If Stef is actively shopping brand heavily he's kind of a dolt.

Fagan lost a lot of points with me lyesterday in her chat

I’ve been told by Warriors insiders that neither Claxton nor Law is the Warriors’ answer to their point guard solutions. They are still in the market for a PG, so this trade does not rule out them drafting a point guard.

John reply to John on Jun 25 at 10:29

That sucks. I was hoping the Monta Ellis situation would block them from taking a PG. I'm irked as at the trade deadline no one wanted a PG (Miller) but now, come draft time, every team seems to want one (whether they already have one or not).

john reply to John on Jun 25 at 10:32

I didn't write that - I swear :)

BTW - sixer writers 'mock' first round. Jasner seems to think Jennings will slip from the first round?

Sean reply to john on Jun 25 at 11:06

Yeah, I saw that. College bias Phil?

john reply to Sean on Jun 25 at 11:10

Jasner has been slipping in my estimation the past couple years - not sure why but his quality of writing and insight is going...this just kind of cements it to me.

Sean reply to john on Jun 25 at 11:30

Yeah, I think the basketball media think tank in this town has gone down hill into a cesspool. They are either ripping the Sixers for not being contenders, suggesting moves that are impossible given the NBA's structure, or expressing opinions that illuminate their idiocy. For a town with such a storied history, how is it that almost nobody in the media understand the game or how the NBA works?

john reply to Sean on Jun 25 at 11:38

It's not just the NBA and it's not just Philadlephia - the death of journalism as we know it is approaching - beat writers for the phillies are even worse - guys like Conlin are an embarassment to their profession - not just in what they write - but how they respond and adjust to the new realities. Criticize certain guys writings via email or comments online and they'll just resort to insults and 'basement dwelling geek' comments

Sean reply to john on Jun 25 at 11:54

True, there is definitely something to that. Seems to me that if you are going to make a living expressing a opinion about something, it would stand to reason that you would try to make yourself something of an expert on the topic.

You are right though. There are more than a few writers that I simply ignore, especially at Philly.com. Only time I read Conlin is when he is espousing on minor league talent. After a couple of chances I now try to never read Gonzo, he is the Sam Dalembert of sports columnists. I like Smallwood, sometimes. Hoffman every so often. Jasner only for his news pieces. Fagan is learning on the job.

john reply to Sean on Jun 25 at 11:56

Well Fagan lost lots of credibility with me in her chats yesterday.

There are better places to get info on the minors for the phillies if you are truly interested. Wander over to thegoodphight.com - check out phuturephillies.com - but avoid anything involving 'connecting the dots' (trust me) - there's some real good minors coverage out there...online...and that's the journalist issues - and instead of accomadating many of them seem to be reacting with vitriol and hate.

Sean reply to john on Jun 25 at 13:10

I am going to check those out, thanks for the tips. About Fagan, that chat was a disappointment. However, I tend to be disappointed by practically everyone who expresses the flawed idea that somehow, Thad and Dala are the same player. Umm... how about no? One is a multi-dimensional facilitator who can be a bonafide defensive stopper. The other is a pure scorer who is improving defensively while expanding his arsenal. I feel like asking whether or not they even watch the games. These would be the same people that would insist that Jordan or Pippen must go, because they play "the same position."

Hey Brian, the Live Blog is set up for tonight. I sent your invite to your bbf account.

What do you guys think about a guy like Jermaine Taylor in the second...buying back in to get him?

Cool, I'll be there. Taylor doesn't excite me. I think there several better shooters they could get in the second.

I didn't get the invite, though. Maybe spam filter caught it.

john reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 11:18

I didn't get mine either ;)

I was inviting Brian as a Producer, but you are always more than welcome to come by and comment and hang with us John! See ya there.

john reply to The GM on Jun 25 at 13:48

I was just teasing mostly - is it reclinergm right?

www.arinitout.com

I resent the invite Brian...to your other email though.

john reply to The GM on Jun 25 at 13:52

Why would you resent inviting brian to your own chat :) I"m just playing

Ty Lawson, a tad short who played for a really good team. Kind of reminds me of a guard from the area a few years ago...Jameer Nelson.

john reply to Tim on Jun 25 at 11:24

There's a good article on blazers edge where a scout completely discount this - there games are completely different - Lawson is speedy - Nelson is more 'muscle' - he made a different comparison and now i just can't remember what it was, but I don't find the nelson comparison valid

John actually that's not accurate either. Lawson is speeding and 'muscle' by all accounts. Every thing I've read talk about his speed AND strength. Said he is built like a half back and plays like one too. Have you looked at his size, strength numbers and just watch him play much?

john reply to Dannie on Jun 25 at 11:47

Not a lot - I don't watch tons of college ball and when I do it's mostly big 10 cause that's wehre i went and pac 10 cause that's what i get in california - i despise UNC and Duke and try to avoid watching them at all costs. The blazers edge article I only mentioned because of its specific dismissal of Nelson comparisons that many seem fond of making cause they have the same body type. You know like comparing rubio to nash cause they're both white :)

The scout who saw him play a lot more than me (and probably most of us) and does this for a living basically said it's a real bad comparison, he had a different one I just can't remember the name

If you didn't already here is the podcast with Stefanski I was referring two where he does specifically say "we would covet a guy like Curry from Davidson, but wouldn't want to give up like a Thaddeus Young or Speights" (paraphrased)

The question starts at about the 4:54 mark to save you some time.

I was wondering earlier if the fact that Stefanski and Jordan mention Jason Smith every time anyone asks them about anything was them trying to pump up his value so they could maybe move him.

john reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 12:12

Does that really work? I mean for the fans and media yeah but do you think GMs fall for that kind of stuff? It's really obvious. A guy who had one ok year and then missed his entire second year...mentioning him repeatedly doesn't make GMs forget that stuff does it?

Who knows. The Hawks just traded for Jamal Crawford, anything's possible.

Sean reply to Brian on Jun 25 at 14:53

I think they genuinely like him. He was the guy they had with them for the ReBranding(Dala was in Italy, if I recall). I think they talk about him a lot because he is here in their face every day. The reverse of "out of sight, out of mind."