Sixers Play Host To the Wiz

I read no Arenas or Jamison- bummer.

Also, the game will not be in English. Agent Zero will be broadcasting the game back to his home planet in Martian.

deepsixersuede on Oct 20 at 18:42

Brian, I hope you are right about Wash. but how many of these matchups are we definitely better at; [E.Jordan,F.Saunders];[Dalembert,Haywood];[Brand,Jamieson];[T.Young,C.Butler];[Iggy,M.Miller];[L.Will.,Arenas];[J.Smith,J.McGee];[M.Spieghts,A.Blatche];[Kapono,N.Young];[Ivey,Stevenson]; and [W.Green,R.Foye].If they by in to Saunders it may be interesting as far as our record and theirs.By the way, Jerel Mcneal got released by the Clippers today,he may be worth a look.

Don't know. Defensively, I'd take 4 of our 5 starters. McGee/Blatche vs. Smith/Speights is probably a wash. Foye/Stevenson vs. Green/Ivey is pointless, all four of them blow. Kapono does one thing well, Nick Young does zero things well.

If the Wizards are 100% healthy and can find some way to avoid being one of the worst defensive teams in the league, they may sneak into the playoffs. Personally, I think those are two HUGE ifs. Isn't Jamison already hurt?

I'll be here, watching live, until the Yanks start @ 8pm.

Jamison, Arenas and Mike Miller are all out. Jamison with a should strain (or dislocation), Arenas and Miller with the flu.

Regular starting lineup for the Sixers.

I'm getting the Bullets broadcast on League Pass. Wonderful.

Running game is dominating the Wiz so far, keyed by blocks, steals and rebounds. Nothing new there.

Way too much dribbling in the half-court offense. Looks like WASH is packing the lane. 9-0 run for the Wizards.

Smith is shooting too much, 0 - 5. Without him we would be ahead. I think Kapono is playing better D that I thought he would!

Willie Green back to his dumb playing!

Smith, 1-7! Awesome! Very excited. and a dunk via Holiday! Nice job by Jrue tonight, IMO

eddies' heady's on Oct 20 at 21:10

J Smith with no hesitation on a 3. He let loose like a guard. He's at least playing with some passion.

Looks like I spoke too soon. Jason Smith now hot, Wow. Kind of embarrassing!

He really looked good late in the game. First time he's looked comfortable on the floor. Loved the jam on the break, nice catch on the underhand dish from Jrue.

eddies' heady's on Oct 20 at 21:15

Mo speezy with that lefty hook again. Come on guys, win this one.

eddies' heady's on Oct 20 at 21:17

When Lou gets that high pick, after going around it, he still wants to hesitate and settle for the J, when instead he should continue to attack.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Oct 20 at 21:20

like that lou. willie g with the d on a 7 fter.

eddies' heady's on Oct 20 at 21:22

the melk man just knocked at the door. special delivery!!

eddies' heady's on Oct 20 at 21:25

can we get the refs back. please. that replay they just showed was questionable at best. homerism from the wiz announcers would make you think willie g clobbered him. bull....

fist time i got to see live action, couple of thoughts;

Ed Pinckney comments in slow motion, puts you to sleep. hope he's not there opening day.
I could not see it before but this is defintely Andre Iguodala's team, for better or...
Elton Brand has zero explosiveness.
Thad Young's game is very similar to Antwan Jamison.
Lou is not going to hurt us as much as I thought.
Jrue Holiday is VERY RAW with terrible handles and possesses remarkable defensive fundamentals for a rookie. watching him defend pick and roll was something. big reason why 2nd unit came back.
Kapono is a good team defender.
Smith should get some of Speights' minutes to temper down the latter's ego. he is our version of Reggie Evans with a shot.
I can live with the Sammy I see now. the shots he's taking are not always the best but its better than standing around in a PO.
we don't run the PO well but get just enough to make some plays.
Ed Jordan is finishing games with 2nd unit, does this carry into season? u never know...
Sixers showed uncommon, no, rare poise from start to end, huge surprise, lets hope that is the coach.
if they play like this starting November, we may win a lot of games.

Haywood looked better than Brand out there.

Brand is going to round into form eventually and be at least an above average offensive player... right?

It scares me that that one signing by Ed could take the franchise from its brief moment of financial flexibility to being tied down for 5 long years of cap hell. They need Brand to be a star.

Jeff reply to tk76 on Oct 21 at 1:21

Why in the world would Jordan have the second unit finishing out games in the regular season unless the sixers were ahead by 20 points with 4 minutes to go?

Re. Brand - Yes, he has to. In the meantime, though, I was impressed with his defense.

deepsixersuede reply to Brian on Oct 21 at 8:15

Brian, I hope Elton!s M.Iavaroni imitation this preseason is less than it seems, it is starting to worry me. He is a player that missed time and should be working on some things offensively,in game situations.Maybe its mental, aggressiveness, but I would like to see something out there.