Belly-to-belly

btw, i don't kno if u already kno this but u called it right last night.
"If ________ happens, the Sixers will win: Brandon Jennings turns the ball over 5 times"

Brandon Jennings: 5 TO's

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 17:37

Is there any team in the NBA with more starters that wouldn't start on a quality NBA team than the Knicks? I believe an argument could be made that all five of their standard starters would be bench players on most good teams (in comparison I think the sixers only start two guys who would be bench players on 'good' teams)

Lee is maybe the only one you could make an argument for, but he's so unbelievably over-rated.

The Knicks shook up their starting lineup a little bit:

C: Lee
PF: Jeffries
SF: Gallinari
SG: Chandler
PG: Duhon

If they wanted to focus on him, Brand could score 40 against this team without breaking a sweat. This better be a huge win.

JohnMagee reply to Brian on Oct 31 at 19:19

Well I think lee is a solid bench player vastly over rated - and much of those has to do with his skin tone...but this starting line up is all back ups too.

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 19:36

I know it's halloween clyde, but you aren't craig saeger - what the hell are you wearing?

Rain delay in the series, looks like I'll get to watch some the Sixers live.

I really like the Sixers warmups, think I'll buy a pair for my son if they make them in kids sizes.

JohnMagee reply to Brian on Oct 31 at 19:40

I like that the Knicks announcer announced Iguodala when it was Williams and vice versa.

I like that the theme song to introduce the Knicks season is Halloween - that seems appropriate - it's going to be a horror show.

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 19:41

And I'm not sure I can handle the aggravation of Cole Hamels tonight if unlucky easily rattled Cole shows up.

I wonder if Jrue is inactive, considering Jordan sat him out of that preseason game because NY's guards were so scary.

JohnMagee reply to Brian on Oct 31 at 19:48

Yahoo box scores usully lists the 12 active, Holliday listed, Brezec not

Brand on the blocks right away. Easy two with Jeffries on him.

2/2 for Brand, jumper over Jeffries. Defense looking shaky early.

JohnMagee reply to Brian on Oct 31 at 19:50

Brand looked a little confused on tht lst offense set when he got the ball at the foul line...I think he's having issues.

Defending the 3 would be nice

Brand is a man among boys in this matchup. 4 games against the Knicks should really help his overall season numbers :)

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 19:55

The element that press can bring is a good look.

Carvin' em up...EB with the throwdown

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 19:56

Come run with us.

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 19:57

Frazier saying Jordan stresses defense - unintentional comedy gold from the man who uses words from his word a day calendar - his version doesn't have the definitions though.

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 20:03

Even if this is the princeton offense, it looks disjointed and ugly - guys don't know what to do yet...just messy

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 20:04

Just a thing of beauty.

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 20:05

Sam with not one but two stupid fouls he shouldn't have drawn in 8 minutes - that's the Sm I expect to see

Odds he sees 5+ minutes in the second quarter? Last season it would've been 0%

JohnMagee reply to Brian on Oct 31 at 20:10

More than 3 minutes and he'll pick up his third - you really want him to hve 3 in the first half?

Doesn't matter against this team, but ideally, I'd like to see him back in there to close out the second quarter in this situation.

That lefty hook by Brand w/ Darko on him was nice.

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 20:11

Those lanes just keep presenting themselves.

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 20:13

Well...the shooting percentage is bound to come down, so plying better defense would be helpful.

Let's hope avoiding the second quarter let down is the goal for tonight

Absolutely. Carney in. Any starters on the floor?

40 points in the first without 1 three point attempt, right?

There's no need to shoot jumpers against this Knicks "defense." Every time you get in the lane it's an uncontested shot and they don't have anyone who can even slow EB down on the blocks.

JohnMagee reply to Brian on Oct 31 at 20:22

If Lou knew how to set his feet - they'd have one 3 attempt - and a four point play :)

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 20:19

Come on. Up the effort.

4 bench players out there, Knicks immediately cut 5 points off the lead. Anyone noticing a theme here?

JohnMagee reply to Brian on Oct 31 at 20:24

The sixers bench sucks and Jordan still hasn't adjusted when it becomes obvious?

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 20:27

Looks like EB is really going to pay dividends, criticism aside.

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 20:28

Those damn dribble-drive handoffs just apply so much pressure to the opposing defense.

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 20:31

And plays like THAT are what piss me off - HOW THE HELL does Lee get that rebound

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 20:32

hell yeah...

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 20:33

Lay it on thick EB.

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 20:33

Much better with 3 starters back in the gme.

So maybe the sixers bench just sucks and royal ivey just isn't better than Jrue huh Eddie?

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 20:34

Larry knows the crap out of these sets. That's twice.

Eh, the second one was just a careless pass from Lou.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Oct 31 at 20:39

But it could be relative to when EJ said that he went away from it in the pre-season game b/c some of their personnel knew it. Larry did rather well when running this in DC.

D'Antoni must have a boner. Absolutely no defense being played out there.

JohnMagee reply to Brian on Oct 31 at 20:37

MSG trying to convince me he cares...

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 20:40

They trying to throw up 130, aren't they?

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 20:41

How fst did it take him to get his 3rd Brian?

42 seconds, so the under wins :)

3 on Sammy

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 20:41

If that is us communicating on defense I hear, then I like it.

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 20:42

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 20:43

Those made threes sure are nice.

70 to 51 at the half. 65% from the floor. Pretty much what you need to see against a team like the Knicks. No letdown in the second half now.

JohnMagee reply to Brian on Oct 31 at 20:55

Carppy 3 point d and a FG% that they can't really maintain nd the knicks shot 50% as well...this is an easily loseable game if the defense doesn't tighten and the 2nd half shooting 'reverts to the men' of about 45% for the seson.

On the other hand, solid defensive rebounding and taking care of the ball. Need to see better defense, definitely.

Are they going to play this series game?

18 points on 10 shots for Iguodala in the first half.

6 boards for Speights in 11 minutes.

By my math, only Ivey is a negative in +/-, but I could be wrong.

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 20:57

Tarp off in Philly - game to start at 9:15 local

Need the starters to stretch this to 25-30 right away.

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 21:01

I will be damn.

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 21:03

I know it's the Knicks, but it can really be this easy. Slice and dice 'em up.

JohnMagee reply to eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 21:05

And who cares if you don't play defense.

This game is going to be a great 'distraction' from the defense still being weak.

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 21:08

Way to attack Dala.

Absolutely no one on the Knicks warrants a double team. Do not leave the Italian.

4 on sammy, questionable call.

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 21:13

Flowing on offense, crisp on defense,.... and free throws dropping.

Nice.

Alright, I'm off to watch the series. I'll finish watching this on on DVR later and have my wrap. Let's go Sixers.

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 21:20

Can I please reverse the statement the night of the first game when I said that Orl had 100 pts at the end of the 3rd. Please.

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 21:22

I'll take your word tht they were crisp on defense in the second half - cause they sure weren't in the first

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 21:22

Trautwig with the understatement of the day.

Duracorr on Oct 31 at 21:39

Nice power move by Speights

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 21:44

Can we give it to Lou already? What a line.

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 22:02

Just hold on guys, I know your legs are tired. It's too early in the season.

Duracorr on Oct 31 at 22:10

Why is Kapono in when they need defense? Why not Carney?

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 22:16

I said it at half time - i hate being right

this is one monumental collapse.

Duracorr on Oct 31 at 22:20

I don't understand the team on the floor for defense. Why not Carney and Ivey for Kapono and Williams? NY gave them the opportunity when they took the timeout.

JohnMagee on Oct 31 at 22:21

This team - no matter who ws on the floor - plyed crap defense in the first half - the offense masked it - but it was an unsustainble rate - and obviously the defense didn't improve.

I'm in no way surprised this game is going to OT...

eddies' heady's on Oct 31 at 22:28

The effort y'all expended from 4:00 of overtime to 2:30 of overtime, where was that in the 4th?

It may look ugly, but you have to win this one. It's only the third game but it feels like the 73rd.

Duracorr on Oct 31 at 22:28

The Sixers are supposed to have several great defenders. Why can't they stop anyone? Harrington was too quick for Brand and too strong for Thad and AI.

JohnMagee reply to Duracorr on Oct 31 at 23:51

Mostly because they also have several bad defenders, they have one great defender in Iguodala and sometimes Sam looks good, but he doesn't know what he's doing.

They have a great defensive guard, but Jordan is an idiot who won't play him cause Ivey is so much better.

That fourth quarter almost ruined my night. I had to take a couple deep breaths before writing my wrap. Just stupid, stupid coaching and piss poor defense, but everyone seems happy because they scored so many points. This was my biggest fear back in June.