The LeBrons Are Waiting

I don't think we will see much of Thad. he has played poorly and is about to enter Jordan's doghouse after Thad complained about the coach in the press.

Pretty soon we will see little or no Speights, Thad or Jrue. And I will probably tune out for a bit. I'll watch a sinking ship if the young guys get PT, but I have a hunch we will be seeing a lot of Green, Ivey and Carney over the next few weeks as the ship takes on more water.

This is Thad's quote:

"He said something like that when he came in here," starting forward Thaddeus Young said. "That doesn't do anything when a coach is telling you stuff like that. That doesn't do anything but make us go back to the drawing board."

eddies' heady's reply to tk76 on Nov 21 at 13:34

In true frustration mode, I would like to say to Thad in response.....Well damn son, do you need a box of Kleenex's or something? Or wait, do you want him to come give you a hug or hold your hand?........

Drawing board???!!..... I THOUGHT you were playing like you were in recess on the playground in the 5th grade, so yeah, get your ass back in the classroom and go draw on the board..... I will get better! I will play harder! I will show intensity!....100 times each!! Now!

Man up! You and the rest of your wussies gang!!

Sean reply to tk76 on Nov 21 at 13:36

He is right. Jordan speaks in platitudes about toughness, yet makes offense the priority 9 times out of 10. Coach has undermined the team's cohesiveness since his arrival. This is just a bad situation, all the way around.

eddies' heady's reply to Sean on Nov 21 at 13:52

This offense over defense is borderline hyperbole. It's just not the case.

And this team's cohesiveness was undermined the day Miller walked out the door. Just remember back to last year, whenever Miller went out of the game we didn't come close to remembling a cohesive unit. This is where I thought Dala would step up, but he just seems to fall in line with the pouty rebellious syndrome like most of the others.

JohnMagee reply to eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 14:17

And this team's cohesiveness was undermined the day Miller walked out the door.

This teams cohesiveness is undermined by a coach who pays no attention to defense, who bad mouths players in the press, jerks around young players who make even one mistake and refuses to take any responsibility for any of it.

The sixers would suck if Miller was still here because Jordan seems to be an idiot

eddies' heady's reply to JohnMagee on Nov 21 at 14:57

Hyperbole meter just exploded....

If the guys aren't even accountable for their own individual defense, then how can the team defense be successful? He has made just as many references to defense in the press as offense, yet not given the credit.

Name one, just one, specific player he has 'bad-mouthed' through the media? Seriously. And I mean 'bad-mouthed.

He doesn't jerk around players that make 'one' mistake. Multiple mistakes? Yes. But that can't even come close to being considered 'jerking' around.

What kind of responsibility is the guy supposed to take? Damn, he can't get out there and play the game for them. He can't rebound the ball or knock down an open shot or stay in front of a man. He goes big - they don't rebound, he goes small - they still don't get boards. Put yourself in that coach's shoes and tell me what you would consider yourself responsible for.

Are you serious?!

You cannot be serious...

His preference for offense vs. defense is evident in his tactics. Playing small lineups with Speights in the middle flanked by Thad & Kapono is an offensively geared set. Playing Brand, Thad & Carney as your frontcourt against Memphis is playing toward offense.

His mini-dispute about Brand not being a "20-min" player, being "selfish" etc.

That's just off the top of my head. EJ is an offensively oriented coach who plays unneccessary head games.

eddies' heady's reply to Sean on Nov 21 at 22:21

To try and pigeon-hole the guy b/c of what you call an 'offensively geared set' is ludicrous. What were the situations that caused that personnel grouping? The guy has been getting half-hearted effort from most. He's been getting hard-headedness and stubborness from some. He has guys that don't know what reads or reactions they should be making at different times. He has to give certain guys rest at points throughout games.

And yet, you want to label him b/c of particular personnel groupings? That's just short-sighted, IMO.

If you watched that MEM game like I did, then you would understand clearly why he had those three in there together. Hell, Sam didn't even show up for the dang game. J Smith looked lost with the few minutes he did get. Who else is the guy going to play? Speight's is hurt so you want to see Primoz?........ Exactly.

As for the so-called head games, they sure seemed to work tonight didn't they?

"Whatever man. Some just won't see the light or ever be convinced. If you come into the thing with preconceived notions already then you will always see it with tunnel vision."

Pot. Kettle.

I did not assume he was an offensive coach, I waited to see how he would proceed. NYK game, playing Kapono down the stretch when you need stops, that is offensive-minded. Numerous personnel groupings bear this out.

He has a whole series of quotes talking about how out-scoring and "keeping up" with teams is his focus. You will hear the same line of thinking from Phoenix or GS or the Knicks, Contrast that with how LB used to speak or how Boston talks now, or SA. Completely opposite approach. They want to lock you down.

As far as head games, here is Brand, not getting a chance to play, finally due to circumstance getting the opportunity and producing. Not some ingenious motivational ploy. He got minutes, got into a rhythm and produced.

eddies' heady's reply to Sean on Nov 22 at 9:23

Well I succeeded. I put that opening line in there on purpose.

My assumption is your 'pot, kettle' reference is to my feelings and stance on Jrue. I have never had tunnel vision when it comes to the kid. I had an opinion based on observations of college games and comparison against other players that were available at our draft spot. That's it. There is no 'convincing' as to which player is better or more ready at this point in their careers. They will prove that themselves. I am fully in the camp of wanting Jrue to succeed, it just seems that there are those that have taken what I have written in reference to Jrue in the run up to the season and somehow falsely turn that into a 'I want the kid to fail' type of thing so my draft night feelings will be proven right. That's hogwash. I love the Sixers team first and foremost which includes each and every player on it, no matter their defeciencies or weaknesses. Enough on that.

So, you mention his 'whole series' of quotes of out-scoring or keeping up with teams with a cherry-picking hand, but why conveniently leave out the quotes and mentions of defense from the first week of training camp. He has publicly mentioned defense countless times. There are way too many to even list here but as soon as Speights went down he said they were going to make up for his absence with 'defense'. And Kapono being placed in one game is, once again, short-sighted at trying to pigeon-hole or permanently label a guy's mindset.

And Brand, I know you saw how gassed he looked and couldn't even grab those two boards the other night when he played 40 min for the first time vs. CHA. And saying he was 'not getting a chance to play' is total bull. He played in the first set of games, but just like the rest of the team, he wasn't doing crap with those minutes and Speights was AND he couldn't guard his matchups or rather he didn't want to go out to the arc to pick his man up since we were playing against mostly perimeter oriented 4's. So the head man pulled him (for poor play and EB's lack of defense and conditioning) and yet he's criticized for being 'offense-minded' and for monitoring the guy's minutes?... See what I'm saying.....

We're gonna get blown away, I'd like to see some decent minutes somehow for the rookie, and for Brand to continue his resurgence.

eddies' heady's reply to Alvin on Nov 21 at 13:41

My prediction - we will see more of Rod instead of Thad (if his wrist is OK), we will see more of Jrue (we have to right? No Speights or Kapono). As pissed as EJ sounds, he is going to shake it up and he doesn't have anyone else to turn to. Willie - uh-huh, Ivey - he will probably give him a shot since he didn't last night. But I fully expect him to give Rod and Jrue more burn tonight.

JohnMagee on Nov 21 at 13:51

Thad's comments to the memphis commercial appeal regarding being confused are much more trouble to me - as thad isn't the first one to contradict coach idiot this week (see elton brand)

Only thing I care about tonight is JJ Hickson and my fantasy team - at this point - this team deserves no rooting...

But I fully expect him to give Rod and Jrue more burn tonight.

Do you know how damaging it will be to Jrue's psyche if he's even in the STADIUM when Lebron bitch slaps the sixers...it'll set him back decades

So Brand, Iguodala and Thad have already publicly complained about the coach. If this escalates I'm not sure what ES will do.

Those 3 have been ID'd by management as the teams core. If they are at odds with the coach that represents a huge problem.

deepsixersuede on Nov 21 at 15:22

If they don!t come out with a sense of urgency tonight, when will they? Not that they will win, but at least show some scrappyness.As far as the lineup? Carney for Thad makes sense,so it will never happen.I wouldn!t be surprised to see a L.Will./Ivey backcourt to start, isn!t it Royal!s turn to play tonight? WHAT A JOKE!!!

Alright, made it home in time for opening tip.

As for Thad's comments, can't say that I blame him, but I don't want to see it in the papers. Just like with Jordan, keep that shit in the locker room. Just say you're disappointed with your play, and the team's play, and you're going to do everything you can to get it figured out. Period. End of quote.

The game is about to start, let's table the big-picture stuff until the game's over. There will be plenty of time to figure out how the 9 returning players suddenly lost their spines and their desire to win over the summer and how it has absolutely nothing to do with the new coach.

Ugh, we've got the Cleveland broadcast. These guys annoy the hell out of me.

Kate Fagan just said Kapono will dress but she doesn't expect him to play. Maybe he just forgot his suit, so they'll put him in warmups.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 19:37

Man I hate to hear those guys too. Slobbing all over LBJ, well I probably would too if he played for us.

Usual starting lineup. My bet for first guy off the bench is Jason Smith.

Thad on LBJ to start. First shot missed by Cleveland, offensive rebound, and they convert. Good start.

EB hits his first jumper.

There we go EB. Good stroke.

Lou sagging 20 feet off of Mo Williams, good thinking.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 19:46

I would like to see Carney first off if he is going to start off with Thad on LBJ.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 19:47

Is LeBron smiling b/c he has Thad on him? Or b/c he knows we stink?

10-2, timeout Sixers. Nothing you can do about the LBJ jumper, I'd prefer him shooting from there w/ the shot clock at zero. Not crazy about the wide-open jumpers for Williams and Hickson, though.

Getting P and R'd to death right now.

Dalembert sky hook. Awesome offense.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 19:53

Boy, the guys sure look to be trying hard tonight. OMG, Thad hits a J.

Stellar decision, Thad. Leave LeBron to help Dalembert in the post.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 19:55

Two potential Dala fast break chances, no points.

Lou needs to keep doing that, don't settle for jumpers. Mo Williams is a joke on defense.

Anyone want to cover LeBron?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 19:58

I'm wondering if he started out with Thad on him to preserve Dala for offense?

Wouldn't shock me if he chose offense over defense.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 19:57

Numerous times, we have gotten decent looks on offense but the guys just don't knock down the open shots. On defense, they just aren't being accountable for their own man so far.

That's three straight times down the floor they got right to the rim. Just keep doing that.

Lou's doing everything right offensively, everything wrong defensively. You have to crowd Mo Williams better than that, the guy is primarily a shooter.

Looks like they have no idea what they're supposed to do on the P&R. That last time, Lou just went under, big didn't even show. Williams is 3/4 from three.

WHATTTT? Everyone stopped on the whistle. Come on man.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 20:02

Just keep giving them open jumpers, will you...

EB all over the offensive glass. An occasional stop would sure be nice.

Another offensive board for CLE, and the second attempt is good.

Sammy with the pass of the night.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 20:03

I did not just see Sam throw a back-door bounce pass to Lou for a layup did I?

That wasn't bad D on the post by Thad. Absolutely nothing you can do about that.

Sixers down 23-36 after the first, would've been much worse than that if the Sixers didn't get insanely hot on the offensive end for the last 4 minutes or so.

I bet Eddie Jordan has a boner after the Dalembert backdoor pass to Lou Williams.

Rich reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 20:06

Hahahaha I'm sure of that.

4 defensive rebounds, 3 offensive rebounds allowed in the first.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 20:08

And remember that was with the big lineup now.

I gotta say, EB looks great right now.

Quick 7-0 run to start the second. They actually looked pretty good right there, doing it in a variety of ways. Brand was in the middle of the entire run, btw.

Sean reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 20:11

Not bad for a 20-min has-been huh?

Nice run with Bron on the bench. I'll let Jamario Moon fire from 3 all night.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 20:11

Starters stayed in to start the 2nd except he put Carney in for Sam. And I guess he is going to see if the small lineup can board any better than the big one did.

True, but the Cavs went small of the bench as well.

So far so good, 3 def./0 off. allowed.

Iguodala has too much arc on that Ft

Varejao has no chance on Thad out on the perimeter.

Court_visioN on Nov 21 at 20:15

we can't have the team clicking offensively. we gotta get willie in there and have him do something about it!

Willie first guard off the bench.

The Cavs w/out LeBron on the floor look like the Sixers, huh?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 20:20

Valid observation.

Great job, Willie.

If Jrue tries that shot, he's on the bench immediately.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 20:18

Aw, good show on that high P and R by J Smith and Dala getting back to LBJ.

Why is Willie in? Unreal

AI9 finally on LBJ.

AHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Did anyone just catch what their announcers said?

"They're going to play better defense under Eddie Jordan. He took over for Tony DiLeo, who's more of an offensive coach."

Rich reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 20:21

Tony DiLeo is not a coach period.

J Smith does a very nice job defending the P and R. Sam should take notes but I bet he's taking a nap.

Willie Green has made several mistakes already in, what, 3 minutes? He's screwed several passes, at least 2 knocking Carney off-rhythm so he could not pull the trigger.

Nice catch on that pass by Smith.

Sean reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 20:30

Lou has to stop pump-faking, just fire!

Someone give Smith two gold stars for the two plays he made on Z on that one possession.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 20:27

Damn! Awesome effort and hustle on that defensive possession and J Smith cant secure the board. And they get another second chance after a Z miss but J Smith bails us out with the block!!

What a play by Smith!

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 20:29

Lou, Damnit! Drive the ball like you were in the first quarter and stop jacking up those offered threes.

Court_visioN on Nov 21 at 20:29

goddamnit lou take it to the rim!!!

Alright, settle down and don't let them stretch this lead in the final 1:45. I'd get AI9 back in after this timeout. Have to save the momentum heading into the break.

Maybe the injury to Speights can be a blessing in disguise. Smith and Brand look rejuvenated and we already know what Speights is going to give us.

I hate these cavs broadcasts. They never show the time, rarely show the score. Impossible to keep up the rotations chart. Ugh.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 20:34

Man, he's been subbing like crazy from what I can see. He is only giving the starters just a smidgen of a breather.....except Sam, which is a good thing.

Tough to keep up. Only bad sub, in my book, was Willie.

Don't like that jumper for EB. Take it at Z when you have him that far away from the hoop.

There it is Lou. Way to attack and draw that one.

NICE! Carney is a weapon, man.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 20:35

Better play or better coaching?

Heck of an effort I saw after they got the pussyfooting out of the way.

Great job that quarter, a little concerned about AI9 not shooting a high percentage. 3-11 there.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Nov 21 at 20:38

We sure could have used that last three he missed at the buzzer.

Wow, he took 11 shots? I must not be paying close enough attention.

Very good end to a half that started with a 20-4 run by the LeBrons.

Down 51-54, I have a feeling the first five minutes of the third quarter will tell the story. If the Sixers can keep up the defensive intensity they showed when the second unit came in, they actually might have a shot. And we'll get to hear the Cavs announcers use the 4 games in 5 nights excuse until they're blue in the face.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 20:41

Most of the starters looked to show some spunk after that first run by the Cavs except Sam. He just may be the key to that first five minutes of the third you speak of b/c since he went out they have been on a tear.

Oh, and maybe Thad not giving LBJ open jumpers.

Check this out.

First quarter, 4 defensive rebounds, 3 offensive rebounds allowed.

Second quarter, 10 defensive rebounds, 2 offensive rebounds allowed.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 20:43

I like this. It helps my not-to-be-mentioned argument hold water.

Check that, they only allowed 1 offensive board in the second.

How much PO are they running, btw? I'm seeing the dribble handoffs out top, but then it's been mostly one-on-one play w/ guys going to the rim. that's not really PO, correct?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 20:50

They are running the hell out of the offense from what I see. The Princeton label is more for convenience and media driven to me. It has so many added wrinkles and variations and Triangle principles.

And they were running some basic sets with a couple of pick and rolls too. Some early with EB and then a couple with J Smith.

Two shot foul on Iguodala, my thanks to the Cleveland broadcast for refusing to show the fucking replay. Assholes.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 20:55

Good foul EB. Make JJ earn it at the line. No easy ones around here.

Good foul by Brand.

Saved a point.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 20:55

Good foul EB. Make JJ earn it at the line. No easy ones around here.

That was a BS call on Thad with LeBron

Lou did a really good job pushing the ball after that LeBron dunk. Really good.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 20:58

Thad, take that shit up strong with two hands and stop being finessey. Getting it blocked like that. Now Thad thinks he can dribble like the Professor off the AND1 crew.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:00

and he turned it over.

Ugh, Thad terrible turnover.

nice turnaround by ai9

Man, EB just slows us down so much. Nice job running the break on his own there. EB again out on the break hits a baby jumper.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:01

Yeah Thad like that. Go up hard. With the post up on Parker.

Fuck yeah. Thad gets down the floor, puts Parker in the post on him, easy conversion.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:02

Well, they held up with your five minute theory so far.

They have to take advantage when LBJ goes to the bench for a breather here in the 2nd half.

Don't like that timeout at all. The Sixers were the aggressors, they had fresher legs, why break up that momentum?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:04

To tell someone, anyone to stay with LeBron so he can stop getting these gimmies at the rim?

Doesn't look like we're going away tonight.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:05

Come on Lou. Don't settle for the J's. No one can stay in front of you.

And Jordan draws up a play to get a contested 20-footer. Awesome.

Sam is all over the glass here in the third.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:07

Come on B, that was clearly on Lou and not EJ.

Coach draws up a play in the timeout, we wind up with a 20-foot contested jumper with 10 left on the shot clock. That's a fail on the coach.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:15

Whatever, man. B/c Lou settled for a J is in no way a fault of the coach. He didn't call that timeout to draw up a play like you are thinking he did.

Court_visioN reply to eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:19

coming out of a timeout and getting a score is on the coach. unless the player pulls a Kobe-Bryant and decides to go iso, which wasn't the case.

eddies' heady's reply to Court_visioN on Nov 21 at 21:23

But a player pulled a settled-for J. You can't blame EJ for Lou doing something he is notorious for. Put the dislike aside.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:09

Guess Sam figured he didn't want to take anymore naps and needed to show some effort or the pine would call him quickly.

Sick move by Brand on the blocks. Just sick.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:06

Yeah EB! Shut all the quick-triggerers up. Yes, I just made up that word.

Nice work on the o-glass by Iggy there. Come on. Finish this quarter strong.

Another good foul by Brand to stop a dunk.

Shit... thats 4 on EB

4 on EB. Shit.

Sean reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:11

That could be big.

I like the way Thad's playing for the most part tonight, but a post iso on on Bron? Come on, that has very little chance.

Sean reply to Rich on Nov 21 at 21:13

They JUST showed the REPLAY. THAT IS NOT A WALK!!!

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:11

Come on guys. Y'all have to pad his lead when he takes LBJ out in a few. Good execution, good pushing of the ball at every opportunity. Just buckle down better on D and it may just work in your favor tonight.

That wasn't a walk on Thad, by the way.

Way to fight, Thad.

Was that a zone out of the TO? WTF

Good work Thad

Sean reply to Rich on Nov 21 at 21:20

They've been playing zone on & off most of the quarter

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:14

Another good, hard foul by J Smith on Varejao.

I have to say, I love the way they're fouling these guys on the interior.

LOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sixers up six w/ under a minute to go.

Ugh, Carney short arms two gimmes. Damnit, that would've put it to 8.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:18

Please don't let this game come down to two points b/c I will surely look back on those two he missed. Damn!

Carney with a killer miss a la the Suns game. Playing well though.

Another great quarter. Iggy frustrating the shit out of Bron. IDK how Brown gives Bron his patented break here.

I don't want to be a downer right now, but you realize the Sixers win by 60 if they play like this last night, right?

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:21

Everyone had showed up but Sam, and even he showed up big in the third quarter. Finish, guys, finish. And.....make your damn free throws.....and keep attacking the rim.

Court_visioN on Nov 21 at 21:22

these are the leaders of the team: one game after the team gets blasted on the boards Iguodala has 7 boards (6 defensive) and Brand has 9 (5 defensive) at the end of 3. Sixers winning the rebounding battle, and they're winning the game.

Ivey in to start the fourth. At least it's not Willie?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:24

Thank you for not critizing him on this one b/c I'm not sure I want to see Jrue which is his only other option.

Sean reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:25

Why does EJ have to play people for the 1st time in the 4th?

eddies' heady's reply to Sean on Nov 21 at 21:27

It was either that or Willie? take your pick

Given how Ivey is playing? Might have preferred Green

eddies' heady's reply to Sean on Nov 21 at 21:32

Now, that's bad. :)

The only reason Jrue isn't a viable option is because Jordan has buried him all year long. Minutes vs. Utah, NYK, NJNx2 and maybe you can trust him in a situation like this.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 22:33

It never has anything to do with Jrue does it? Never....

Court_visioN on Nov 21 at 21:24

should have known Jrue's not gonna take his warmups off tonight.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:26

LBJ is out. They have to extend the lead here.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:26

Z just walked on that play!

Alright, get Ivey out. Put Lou back in, and get EB back in while you still have the lead. Let the big guys put this away.

Damnit, 8-2 run with LeBron on the bench. At least they bloodied Z.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:31

And we are just not making shots. Dala took an ill-advised three with a guy in his face. Dala missed a runner in the lane. And Ivey just missed a wide open three.

But I'm almost positive this spurt will be somehow placed on the coach.

Sean reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:31

Ivey is a net-negative. They should have put Carney on Mo or something. Ivey looks stiff and cold out there, like he hasn't warmed up in ages

Down 2, and all the momentum back to CLE. Get Ivey out, get Smith out, get Brand and Lou back in. Pretty please.

Court_visioN on Nov 21 at 21:30

Royal Ivey is the last guy I want to see take a shot at this stage of the game.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:34

And another wide open miss on a three by Thad but Carney bails us out with the third chance putback.

Now that was a good play out of a timeout. Missed shot, but wide the fuck open.

Alright, let's go. EB and LW back in. Stop with the contested jumpers please.

Sean reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:37

Dala needs a blow EJ. Needs to step back

Court_visioN on Nov 21 at 21:35

Jumpers have stopped falling for Iguodala but he's playing like they're going in...

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:35

Cavs announcer: "And Dala is playing like a chicken with his head cut off trying nothing but one-on-one".

You got that right Austin Carr.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:36

And Dala again waving a guy off the block wanting a clearout and he tries to drive and jump-passes with a high pass for a turnover.

Dala, you are killing us right now!

Iguodala is killing us right now.

God, I hope I don't have to break down this fourth quarter by Iguodala for my wrap. This is just ugly.

2-point game, pull yourselves together.

Jack a three. Jack a three. Jack a three. Come on.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:39

What does it take for the guys to just STOP settling for jumpers!!!!??????????????????????????

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:40

And Lou with a lazy turnover. Shit....

Jack a three.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:43

Don't think I'm not for defense like you, but that is why I long for us to have some just decent shooters,...... not great, just decent.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:41

And Lou with another three. Guys, you couldn't shoot before coming into this game and you still can't shoot during it. DRIVE Damnit!!!!

Go to the hole 2x, get 4 points. Anyone noticing a pattern wearing Sixers' red?

Sean reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:43

EJ should be in Lou's ear & Iguodala's Ear: DRIVE!!!!

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:44

They all think they can shoot for some reason.

Shit, offensive board at the worst possible time.

ugggh

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:45

WTF Dala! A contested fade-away??? I'm through with you for tonight!!

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:46

And Dala, another bone to pick with you. LBJ coming straight toward you down the lane for a junk and you just stand there and watch him. Ever heard of a foul?

Iguodala should've fouled to stop that dunk. He was in position.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:47

Just said the same thing above.

Sean reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 21:48

Most definitely. He has had a nightmare of a quarter, he looks totally gassed and pressing as a result

Thad draws the charge. Memo to the Sixers: You don't need a three on this possession.

All those contested jumpers in the fourth seems to have lost this game. But good call Brian on the "putting up a fight".

Sean reply to Alvin on Nov 21 at 21:52

They ran out of gas.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:50

20% FG in the 4th and only 8 pts so far with 30 sec left. That's the story of the game right there.

Ran out of Gas, Thad at 45 min, Lou at 40-plus, Dala at 45... after playing heavy minutes last night plus travel.

eddies' heady's reply to Sean on Nov 21 at 21:56

Oh, I totally agree. Just attempting to point out something other than the proverbial 'the coach sucks and cost us this game' crap. He's here and probably for the long haul. Just accept it and move on.

This wasn't on Jordan. Wasn't on anyone, really. Cavs are a much better team than us, we shoved it down their throats for 2 quarters. Hold your head high for that and move on.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 21 at 22:08

Just hold yourself to the same :)

Now you need a three, that missed bunny by EB...ugh.

How long does it take them to give the foul here?

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:53

I don't buy moral victories, but they seemed to be buying-in for this game and much, much better effort intensity overall.

No Willie in the 2nd, EB, untimely was in foul trouble, and limited minutes for everyone off the bench except Carney.

Better days ahead?

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 21:55

And I'll just leave Dala alone and let you rip him down in the wrap. Andre, Andre, Andre........

Had a horrible game

2.4 seconds. Not bad.

Why, Why did we not give the ball to Brand this 4th quarter? Didn't we bring him here to helpwith our pathetic half court offense? An offense that involves Iguodala and Lou throwing up garbage...

eddies' heady's reply to raro on Nov 21 at 21:58

So true. But you can blame every bit of that on the two you mentioned. Lou and Dala - Tonto and the Lone Ranger.

tess reply to raro on Nov 21 at 22:23

I was thinking the same thing. Brand vs. Varajo/ilgaskus is a better matchup than seeing williams and iggy chuck up jump shots. also, when did we start calling igoudala "dala"

i never know what to call him. he hates iggy, iguoadala takes too long to type. I've been going with ai9 recently.

And, ballgame.

Hate to see them fade down the stretch, the start of the fourth was the killer, but they played well on both ends. If they play like this every single night, they're a playoff team.

Silver lining, beyond not playing like a bunch of stiffs led by a complete moron: Elton Brand just had another excellent game and this wasn't a mismatch game for him. 18 points, 14 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block.

quick question unrelated to this game. how do buyouts work in the nba? If i gave sammy a 15 mill buyout will he count on the cap next year?

Yeah. They bought out Webber at just about this point in his contract, with like 1.7 years left, I believe. It may save them a little money, but not much.

deepsixersuede on Nov 21 at 22:26

Iggy has to realize this is becoming Elton!s team, I hope his ego can take it.And our coach seems to be realizing how valuable a player Elton is and I hope he doesn!t over use him till Marreese gets back.

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 22:29

So since I am in the obvious minority that our play isn't the fault of the head coach, then was this almost-good game the result of better coaching?

My guess would be the answers would be no, which is exactly my point, meaning he shouldn't be receiving the level of blame just as he shouldn't receive credit.

It. is. on. the. players.

deepsixersuede reply to eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 22:51

His rotations are getting better and he is staying bigger lately, he is doing a better job.

eddies' heady's reply to deepsixersuede on Nov 21 at 22:54

That's the deal. He is open to learning about his new personnel but it isn't being reciprocated. They aren't open or receptive to his methods or coaching. Hence, my spoiled brats rant the last week or two.

Don't know if I can say he is staying bigger...

eddies' heady's on Nov 21 at 22:52

Only 10 TO's. 20 assists on 37 made FG's. 42 rebs to their 45. 24 fast break points and 46 points in the paint. Pretty good game?

Unfortunately, the bad - 19 three pointers taken with only 5 made. And 36 points given up in the first quarter and only 10 scored in the fourth. Ballgame.

Obviuously overall a positive.

But (likely due to Cavs D) they settled for jumpers in the 4th.

They hit only 1 of 13 jumpers in the 4th and went small again for the entire 4th. Not saying they win either way, but EJ coached the same way in terms of going small and running players for jumpers out of TO's. Probably works when you have Arenas out there.

Also fatigue probably led them to settle more for jumpers in the final qtr.

Not putting it on the coach. Just pointing out that some of the issues that have been ugly so far where just as evident this game.

Sean reply to tk76 on Nov 22 at 0:23

I really think his rotation was a bit short, especially with a back-to-back 3 games in 4 nights scenario. They looked like they flat ran out of gas in the fourth, especially Dala.