Going For Three In LA

Being drug to an 80's party and I'll be that miserable guy on the couch in the other room swallowing beers and cursing at the TV by myself. So they at least will have 2 watching.

JohnEMagee reply to Ryan F on Dec 31 at 15:34

I'll be watching, not sure about how much commenting, only 7:30 here, despise crowds, and only get to see the sixers play so often so i'm going to endure the misery

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 15:44

Still not sure if I i'm going to stay and watch or go and see some fireworks...probably going to stay.

Probably will watch.

Playing "Where's Andre" during the 1st Q and 3rd Q will be fun.

Will he guard Davis, a big bearded bully of a PG whose likely pissed at his 2-15 performance during a loss against POR last night? Or will he guard Thornton, a strong scorer who would love to spend his New Years Eve shooting buckets over AI or AI-Wannabe?

Not too mention the joy that will be had watching Lou lose track of Gordon.

This could get ugly quick

deepsixersuede on Dec 31 at 19:16

Portland just beat the Clippers with, as we saw the other night, a soft frontcourt. For somr reason Kamen, soft, and Camby, won!t shoot much, don!t take advantage of these situations like they should. Thornton worry!s me though, this could be one of those nights where he looks like a young Dominique. Somebody on the last threat mentioned L.Will. improved defensively, it looked to me like he was covering guys recently that tried to post him up and he looked better denying the ball in those situations on the block than up top trying to keep somebody in front of him.

eddies' heady's on Dec 31 at 20:24

Absolutely, positively, love the picture/caption and the last three words of the last paragraph of the original.

Three the hard way...

Man, this Miami game is going late, I wonder if we're going to miss the first quarter of the Sixers game on TNT. Bastards.

EruThePhenom reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 21:41

do you know what time is tip off? or has it already started

It was supposed to be 9:30pm. Not sure if they held it.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 21:39

Kaman has played great this year all star caliber, I want to see Brand early in the game and hope for him to have a monster game

OK, same starting lineup. They finally finished the early game, hopefully the tip was delayed.

So I guess we get JVG and Marc Jackson. Marv did the early game.

My guess for matchups: Iguodala on Baron, Lou on Gordon, Iverson on Thornton. Should be fun.

EruThePhenom reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 21:44

If marc is in were going to hear a hand down man down on Lou, He doesnt put his hand up to defend shots

EruThePhenom reply to EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 21:46

is Reggie Miller and thinkin about it marc does the ESPN games with van gundy

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 21:45

Butler is starting, is thornton hurt?

Doug Collins in the booth.

Rasual Butler is starting at SF, Iverson on him, I guess.

Alright, first quarter officially begins now.

Iverson on Gordon early, Lou getting abused by Baron. Iguodala on Butler. This is not good.

I love how when Sammy gets the ball, it is a shot. Rarely, if ever do I see him pass the ball anymore!

EruThePhenom reply to DeanH on Dec 31 at 21:49

You are right, sir and when he gets and offensive rebound no matter is he is falling down he's going to shoot it

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 21:48

beautiful alley oop

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 21:48

awesome blocks by sammy

Sick lob by AI to SD. Not so sick from LW to AI9.

Dalembert is bitching Kaman early. I think he might've gotten a piece of a third.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 21:51

Damn Kaman is strane he's a right handed but around the basket only shoots with his left....and that was a travel by gordon but is fuck that the NBA lets them go

There's the size mismatch killing them. Two easy passes for an easy dunk.

Man, I am not a fan of this starting lineup at all. Wasted minutes having AI out there w/out Brand or Speights on the floor IMO.

EruThePhenom reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 21:56

What do you mean wasted minutes? I see him playin great, gettin fouls and findin open guys

I mean Iverson is making bigs better on the offensive end. It's really useful with Brand and Speights in there, less so when you have passes going off Sammy's hands out of bounds.

EruThePhenom reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 22:00

Oh okay I see you are right but at least sammy is finishing the easy ones

Strong finish by Thad on that break. Butler wanted no piece of that poster.

SexualTyrannosaurus on Dec 31 at 21:56

I wish Doug Collins was our coach...

EruThePhenom reply to SexualTyrannosaurus on Dec 31 at 21:58

SexualTyranosourus that may be the best username ever LOL

amen.

Wow, Kaman is 2/7 already, they did give Sammy the third block btw.

Dammit, I am sad I missed the pre game show. I wanted to hear what Charles had to say about how bad the team is.

I am still down about the Sixers jerseys and how they look like the Clippers without the USA piping, but I they have won me over with their stylish simplistic design.

Also, look at AI finding Sammie as usual. Too bad Sammie has Kwame hands.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 21:59

Again sammy travel but the refs never count it...gordon travel a few minutes earlier

2/9 for Kaman, 4 blocks by Sammy. Wow.

Making the Clips look slow and Baron has 2 fouls now. If Telfair comes in, the size mismatch goes away. Telfair is garbage too.

Mike P reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 22:04

Whenever Sammie gets those early points it seems he goes nuts on the blocks.

Ha at the Elton boos.

It's also strange to hear people say "that's just good coaching" when referring to Eddie Jordan. I don't know how to respond to that.

There haven't been a ton of jumpers taken tonight by the Sixers, they're really attacking.

Please stop saying good coaching in the same sentence as Eddie Jordan.

Iguodala has 4 or 5 dimes already.

Bob reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 22:06

yeah, that's as bad as Cooney always referring to Willie Green as a defensive stopper.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:03

NOTHIN easy for Kaman, Dalembert is guarding him lookin like mutombo out there

Somehow Brand and Iverson seem to have galvanized Sam. He's been producing very well the past few games, stone hands and all.

Boos for EB.

OMG Sam is dominating big time.

Good sub by Jordan here, EB for Thad, Jrue for AI3.

SD, EB, AI9, LW, JH

You can defend with that lineup.

Iverson has such an impact on Dalembert.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:06

Iverson 7 pts on 1/1 shooting with 4 assist playin awesome but nice sub he can't play lots of minutes. Dalembert with 5 blocks

EB!!!!!!!!

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:07

For me the clippers are a playoff team with griffin the thing is they are on the west

Great dunk by Brand. Gotta love that D leading to a solo

Elton! Boooooooooo!

I guess when the Sixers are on national TV it is basically a bizarro event so they decide to play like the bizarro sixers.

Anyone else wonder why the clippers keep going to kaman even though sam keeps sending it back?

Can't go under that screen w/ Gordon, Jrue.

Do you notice how the sixers tend to avoid Jrue like the plague after he passes the ball?

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:12

Up by 5, I want Brand to have a monster game with the fans booing

Sixers up 5 after one.

Second Quarter starts now.

Elig for the tickets:

rswknight, eru the phenom, sexual t-rex, Bob, Alvin, Mike P, Khalid, Dean H.

-6 after sammy left with 2:04 to go in the first.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:14

Eddieeee hahaha

Whenever I see him talk, all I hear is "I'm a moron, I'm a moron, I'm a moron."

EJ, He's an idiot

I like Collins' comparing Dalembert and Dawkins. They both are kinda goofy guys that erratically alternate between being totally dominant and almost invisible.

And notice how the sixers go cold when Jrue is on the floor? No shots by him so not his fault.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:17

great move by dala

too many jumpers.

DeanH reply to Alvin on Dec 31 at 22:19

They are doing what they are told to do!

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:18

that wasn't a change of position the shot clock shouldn't have restarted

Pretty, pretty play AI3 and Brand, give and go.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:19

I love how Iverson is playin

Drive and kick by EB. Heh.

Anyone else feel like Collins is going out of his way to make sure it doesn't look like he's lobbying for the HC job in Philly?

Court_visioN reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 22:25

like they're gonna pay collins on top of eddie jordan's contract?

Clips are shooting 53.8% from the field. Not sure why Sammy is still on the bench.

Wasn't Collins in consideration?

I remember Thidibiddiboh and Avery Johnson. I'm pretty sure Collins was in the mix too.

He was rumored to be, yeah.

Bob reply to Mike P on Dec 31 at 22:51

I seem to remember Collins not being interested in the job. Something like "No one has contacted me and i'm not interested in any case."

14 shots for Kaman already? Wow.

Court_visioN on Dec 31 at 22:30

Dalembert needs to get back into the game. He's the only guy on the roster that can cover Kaman.

Just imagine how good of a year we would be having if Collins was our coach!

Alvin reply to DeanH on Dec 31 at 22:34

Depressed Fan.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:30

I hope EJ puts sammy in out of this TO

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:33

There we go sammy with brand

Court_visioN on Dec 31 at 22:33

lol and they run a postup for Sammy. Good thing Elton was there to clean things up.

He did it.

EB with two quick hoops.

Court_visioN on Dec 31 at 22:34

that behind-the-back pass from AI to EB brings back (bad) memories of pick and pops with Iverson and C-Webb.

SAMMY! 6 blocks. Man, I hope he gets 10.

Alvin reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 22:37

Seconded. He did have a game earlier in the season when he had 6 at the half but didn't reach 10..

When was the last time someone blocked 10 shots in a game?

For the Sixers? Probably before my time.

I think Hakeem had a quad double once for Houston.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:36

YEAH now brand has it going

Fuck, man. EB is a stud.

Thad at the 3!

Court_visioN on Dec 31 at 22:37

lol, Brand mishandles a pass, it goes right to Dalembert who somehow swipes it out of bounds.

Iguodala needs to come back in after this break.

Sammy has a legit shot at a triple double if he gets 30+ minutes. 6 points, 4 boards, 6 blocks.

If ______ Sixers win this game.

Sam plays at least 18 minutes in the second half.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:40

Dalembert with a +17

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:41

The starting lineup to start the season is in

Bailout call against Sammy.

This is a nice lineup, SD, EB, TY, AI9, LW

6/5/6 for Sammy.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 22:44

They didn't give sammy a rebound on that foul?

Damn, they just took a block off the board for Sammy with that whistle.

6/6/6 for SD now.

Court_visioN reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 22:50

worth noting: Chris Kaman has 16/5/5 on the other end.

Where do you get the second 5? I see 16 pts, 5 boards, 1 assist, 1 block. He's also taken 16 shots.

Brand was 5/9, missed his last three shots (one baseline J, two tips)

Court_visioN reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 22:58

just kidding: yahoo has a "blocked attempts" stat and I mistook that for blocked shots. I was just thinking I didn't recall seeing him block that many

If you count the really obscure passes, I'm sure Sammy's at 6/6/6/5 right now, with the 5 being dropped passes :)

Alright, up 2 at the half. Thought they played well, and still only a 2-point lead after 24 minutes.

This closes Q2, still alive or the tickets:

DeanH
rswknight
EruThePhenom
Mike P
Alvin
Bob

+14 w/ Sammy on the floor, -12 with Sammy on the bench. Ugh.

EruThePhenom reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 22:52

Is +12 and -10 but still hope he plays a lot in the second half with brand

ESPN has +14/-12. I didn't do the math yet on my rotation chart.

EruThePhenom reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 22:57

Im on sixers.com so I don't know maybe ESPN is right

I actually have him at +11.

You know, it cracks me up how short-sighted talking heads and announcers are. The Sixers have won two in a row, so Jordan's a genius and Brand coming off the bench is a master stroke. They pay no attention to the mess that got the team to 7-22, and honestly, they're up by 2 right now and LA is scoring at will, shooting 54% from the floor.

Bob reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 23:03

It's like they have to be positive about our ridiculous coach. The thing is: he is coaching a little better the past few games. Is it because Iverson is back? Because Willie Green is hurt? Because he's reluctant to play AI9 or Carney at the PF on national TV?

Coaches are notorious for not slamming their brethren on air.

but but but... They emphasize D, the Eds told us so!!

So, who thinks they are going to collapse?

Third quarter starts now.

Clear path?

Never mind

go sixers

Am I crazy or does this team play better when Speights minutes are limited off the bench? Yeah he had 4 pts off the bench but his defense was garbage as usual and he had no rebounds in 8 minutes.

Hell, what which of their younger building blocks besides Holiday is really a decent defender or consistently exerts himself on the other end?

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 23:09

That was a bad start

Court_visioN on Dec 31 at 23:09

wasn't that a dumb foul by AI?

Sloppy start to the third.

Check that, ugly start to the third.

These announcers seem clueless of the 76ers!

there goes the lead

Court_visioN on Dec 31 at 23:11

AI followed that up with a dumb shot.

6/7/7 for Sammy.

It's raining threes. Awesome.

Now we see the Eddie Jordan 76ers that we all love!

And the Sixers are building a house. 11-1 run for the Clippers to open the third.

This is all off the mismatches at the guard positions, btw.

Court_visioN on Dec 31 at 23:16

you don't stick iguodala out on an island and have him cover a shooter. He needs to be involved defensively, put him on davis or gordon. without him on one of them this game is just both guards romping right to the rim, every possession.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 23:16

young and dala combine for 4-18 11pts

this is rubbish. All i'm interesting in now is whether Sam can get the 10 blocks, or even the triple double.

I'm scratching my head and trying to figure out. Its just mind boggling the way his rotations are set up.

Check out that great play after the time out!

6/8/7. Come on.

Court_visioN on Dec 31 at 23:19

wow um, good shot coming out of a time out.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 23:19

Fuck out of the TO a missed three from the corner 5 secs in to the shot clock.... AWESOME

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 23:20

Nice recovery by Brand after he gave the ball to Camby

OMG. no defensive substitutions during timeout.

I thought EB could not run with this team?????

Gee, EB comes in, things settle. Yeah, keep him on the bench.

Court_visioN on Dec 31 at 23:21

elton brand sure screws up that fastbreak.

Court_visioN on Dec 31 at 23:22

8/9/7 for Sam

8/10/7 for Sammy.

Alvin reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 23:28

damn looks like it's not gonna happen.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 23:24

Brand should have had a easy 2 but couldn't handle the pass

Fuck, that's 4 on Sammy. We probably won't see him again.

Kapono coming in. He'll help.

DeanH reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 23:28

can he really hurt right now, Brian??

Probably not. I just want Sammy back in the game, I actually have something to root for that might have a chance of happening.

If he puts Jason Smith or Thad in for EB right now it will be the worst possible defensive lineup he could ever put in a game. I'm rooting for that.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 23:31

1 over/under Speighs passes the ball

Long two for Kapono. Missed. Awesome.

Why not Carney, who played so well against Sac? Plus Iverson is great for 15 minutes then he's essentially done for the night.

DeanH reply to Bob on Dec 31 at 23:34

That makes sense, that is why not.

Look at Brand picking on second-stringers. Like Marcus Camby.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 23:33

LOL at reggie miller "you know that if the balls goes down to speights its gonna shoot it"

Speights nickname - 'Black Hole' because the ball enters and never leaves

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 23:35

Why not Camby for 3

Camby w/ a corner three. Sick.

I believe this one is over, folks.

This one ended at halftime, when Special Ed failed to adjust.

Yup, coming off his best game of the season, not one second of PT for Carney.

EruThePhenom reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 23:37

he played 25 secs in the 2nd quarter LOL

This team is such a defensive juggernaunt! Isn't that what our GM thinks?

That is a fantastic stat. 7-22 when they fail to shoot at least 55%. That's crazy

The Clippers backup coach made adjustments, Special Ed didn't

DeanH reply to rswknight on Dec 31 at 23:40

Special Ed. LOL

Fourth quarter starts now (with the sixers down by 13)

Still alive for the tickets:

Bob
DeanH
EruThePhenom
Alvin
rswknight

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 23:40

Anybody thinks they have a comeback in them?

Winner.

EruThePhenom reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 23:44

Hells Yeah LOL

Eddy's just getting the Clips overconfident and he is going to unleash the scoring machine in the 4th qtr to rally for the win.

game

So, how close does Jrue have to be to Davis to be covering him?

Winner.

Sixers are not inconsistent, they are only as good as their offense. That's consistent

Winner.

Thanks!

Our 3 point specialist! 2 points!

Lou was literally 25 feet away from his man, with no clue where he was when he took that three. Luckily, he missed it.

The only guy playing defense out there is Jrue!

Speights plays Billy Donovan defense, didn't you hear?

Actually haven't done a bad job of getting to the line tonight and passing the ball but man when this team doesn't shoot pretty much lights out, they have no chance. Especially on the road. Ugh.

EruThePhenom on Dec 31 at 23:45

Nice powerful move by Brand he should do dat everytime on Kaman

Is anyone shocked the Sixers are getting no defensive stops with Lou, Speights and Kapono on the floor?

But Stefanski said they were the 90s Knicks!

"If you don't defend, you don't play!"

lol

I think he meant "if you don't defend Jordan, you don't play."

DeanH reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 23:47

bebopdeluxe on Dec 31 at 23:47

Love how the TNT announcers laughed when Speights jacked up a quick jumper early in the 4th...Harlan asked how many assists Speights had and Collins said 11...

All season.

Just when I thought that EFJ might be saving his job, the Sixers are showing the nation how bad they are when they don't shoot 55% from the field.

DeanH reply to bebopdeluxe on Dec 31 at 23:49

Hope you are right! Maybe management will be embarrassed by this game and replace EJ? (I feel like I am telling an April Fools joke, sadly).

He's going to be here through the All-Star Break

Fucking put Sammy back in already.

Jordan thinks we need points, even though Doug said a few stops will get them back into the game

No sub needed, just keep jacking threes.

Love the way Lou stands there like an idiot watching the bigs go up for a block and allows Jordan the offensive rebound stuff.

There you go.

Winner.

Alvin, Bob if you guys are still around, leave a comment and you get a ticket.

Alvin reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 23:59

Thanks Brian but I wouldn't be able to make it for the game even if i got a ticket.

Alvin reply to Alvin on Jan 1 at 0:01

And i don't think it would be a good thing for anybody if I went to a Sixers game. It would be much more brutal to watch it in person, I might just attempt to hit or strangle Eddie Jordan.

Jrue!

DeanH reply to Brian on Dec 31 at 23:55

finally! He tries so hard to get dimes but his team mates cannot shoot. Need to take the ball and shoot tonight, maybe he will get hot and embarrass EJ in playing him????

What cracks me up is how Kapono had a dribble drive to create an open 3 for Iguodala.

Isn't that Bass-Ackwards?

DeanH reply to rswknight on Dec 31 at 23:56

Yes. I think him and Sammy make good team mates!

Down 12, 4:44 to go. Come on, bring Sammy in. He can get 2/1/3 in 4:44.

That would be too much like right

Not competing for a ticket; I'm on the wrong coast. But thanks. And Happy New Year to everyone in Philly.

After winning 2 in a row, the Sixers resume their place in the league in the EJ era:

As the Clips feel-good game

NOt fair, Jrue gets fouled driving to the hoop and gets called for a foul on the other end.

Happy New Year, everyone!

DeanH reply to Brian on Jan 1 at 0:01

Yes, Happy New Year to all! Maybe this will be the year the 76ers get a real coach!

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 1 at 0:02

happy new year Brian and everyone else!!

HAPPY NEW YEARR

Happy New Year Folks!

A Jason Stiff sighting, and Rodney Carney's great game the other day at least earns him more than 25 ticks of PT tonight. Even though Thad and Iggy had all sorts of trouble trying to make a hoop.

Winner.

There is our man Carney! Just in time! If any of this team other than Jrue would have played defense, we could have come back. Awesome coaching!

Alvin reply to DeanH on Jan 1 at 0:07

DeanH, I think Sammy was trying to play D. But of course, he's the only player in the NBA that fouls out with 4 fouls.

DeanH reply to Alvin on Jan 1 at 0:11

SOrry, you are correct. Did not see Sammy at that time. I wonder if even AI9 is starting to get tired of playing defense since the coach does not care???

One last comment. Notice, the last drive, Holiday shot a 3, there were not 1 guy on the sixers anywhere near the hoop. And, he did not rush up to shoot it. We have guys who do not believe in defense anymore and see no use to rebound. That is how awesome our coach is this year! Great job, EJ.

Love Chuck's comment: "You want Princeton people to work for you, not play for you"

Nice.

Alright guys, I'm going to spend the rest of the night w/ the family. Really appreciate you hanging in there. All ticket winners, I'll have the details in my wrap tomorrow.

For now, it's a new year. Wipe these past 32 games from your mind, anything's possible (at least until Saturday!)