Last Stop, Denver

Damn, wassup with these video ads that are now on every page I fucking hate them. Their are some that don't even let me mute it...But apart from that is pretty sure the sixers are going to lost but when you think they will lose by a lot they make a great game out of it

You don't think Lawson can stay with Iverson? I don't see how that's such a mismatch.

I think Lawson's a zero defensively.

Rob_STC reply to Brian on Jan 3 at 19:02

I love TY should get tons of hits tonight- LOL.

OK, looks like the same starting lineup. Still waiting for confirmation of melo and chauncey being out.

Yep, they're both out.

Probably this is your starting lineup/matchups:

Iverson/Lawson
Williams/Graham
Iguodala/Afflalo
Thad/Kenyon Martin
Dalembert/Nene

Jordan may be tempted to put Lou on Lawson, we'll see. Neither one of them is going to keep him in front of them.

Alright, here we go.

Yup, Lou on Lawson. Dalembert picks up his first foul on the first play. &1 for Nene.

And Lawson picks up his first foul, after bricking his first jumper.

Dalembert with the touch, damn no foul call on iverson

Turnover Lawson. Lawson gets his shot blocked.

Jesus, Sammy just got out of there. Oh well, two non him. Here comes Brand.

dalembert is dumb, he has 3 fouls not going to play for the rest of the game

Man, I missed the second foul for Sam. Who was it on?

he had the last two on the same nuggets possesion he foul nene and the K mart

Defense looks great so far. Driving the lane with zero resistance against Lou and AI3.

2nd foul on Lawson & 1 for Lou.

And Lawson's out after just over 3 minutes of action.

Better start getting those tacos ready

Iverson's really looking for Thad.

Denver putting on an offensive clinic.

Speights to Brand for the layup? I thought it was Speights, may have been wrong.

Sick defense being played by the Sixers so far.

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 20:33

I think the Sixers are already on the plane. They've quit on Jordan, it looks like nobody has a clue. It's not getting any better, things are getting worse when I didn't know if that was even possible. Watching AI as a shell of his former self is an added kick to the nuts.

eddies' heady's reply to johnrosz on Jan 3 at 20:36

I second that motion.

Kenneth on Jan 3 at 20:36

Gee, I wonder how many points Denver will score in the first quarter tonight. 28 points by Denver so far w/ about 3 minutes to go.

Great defense by the Sixers huh?

80% shooting for Denver. Actually, it's better than that now.

Kenneth on Jan 3 at 20:38

Awesome defense by 76ers. 34 points and counting in 1st Q.

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 20:39

Anyone else wonder if Iguodala understands that there is a 2nd part to the pick and roll concept? every time Elton sets the pick for him he just tries to take it himself. It's becoming hard for Zumoff and Pickney to even sugar coat whats going on right now. A collective WTF

Let's see, for 3 years, he's been primarily running that play with either Evans or Sam, neither is really an option for a pass. But that's where coaching would come in...

Not counting that three-quarter court heave, the Nuggets missed 3 shots that quarter. They grabbed one offensive rebound and turned the ball over five times. Meaning, the Sixers got 7 stops the entire quarter. Just awesome.

Down 36-27 facing Denver w/out Chauncey and Melo. Defense is a priority, right?

Yeah, I was gonna say: We must have a DFR over 150 against a team without their two best players. Impressive!

Willie in before Jrue. Awesome.

eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 20:44

I think the team all got on their laptops earlier today and read Fagan's article and said: "Fuck it, we knew we weren't the only ones that felt like this."

And their play sure looks like they received confirmation of their feelings. They do appear to have completely tuned his ass out.

Maybe they wanted until they heard "the game plan" and then officially checked out

apparently ed stefanski was 'not happy' with the sixers. u think we can trade him?

Defense has really turned it up a notch. DEN now shooting only 78.3% from the floor.

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 20:48

If the team completely quits on EJ, and this is the product we'll see from now on...does Jordan have a chance to finish out the month? the week?

DeanH reply to johnrosz on Jan 3 at 20:51

All the writers think he is safe for the year. Anybody have any idea how to get him canned?

johnrosz reply to DeanH on Jan 3 at 20:52

Trade for Arenas maybe he'll bring his guns

eddies' heady's reply to johnrosz on Jan 3 at 20:54

LOL!

eddies' heady's reply to johnrosz on Jan 3 at 20:51

according to l'il Ed he will finish out the year...

He also said, "You don't defend, you don't play." So he's blatantly a liar.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 3 at 20:58

And he very well may be. But my feeling in this instance and with the FO having tight purse strings this summer with personnel, Big Ed won't let either of them go. Because as you said, according to recent comments one is tied to the other at the hip at this point. And Snider would have to pay them both even if he let them go right?

Not sure if GM contract are guaranteed. Jordan they'd definitely have to pay, unless he was convicted of a felony.

Stefanski's recent comments lead me to believe his job is tied to Jordan's, so one won't be canned unless the other is. Just my gut feeling right now.

DeanH reply to Brian on Jan 3 at 20:54

How do we get rid of both Eds, then?

No idea.

johnrosz reply to Brian on Jan 3 at 20:54

Wow, must be an awful feeling knowing that your fate rests in the hands of one Eddie Jordan. Stefanski is a dead man walking

Agreed. Which means the team quitting on Special Ed might wake Luukko up. Iguodala flat out said in that Fagan piece that he is not surprised to be where they are, even though they have talent

johnrosz reply to rswknight on Jan 3 at 21:05

Whenever the camera pans to the bench, the players look dejected, and also I get the feeling that they're talking a ton of shit on Jordan...maybe that inference is wrong but who knows

Here's hoping...

Three for Carney.

At least Brand takes his frustration out on anyone he fouls. Love that about him :)

4 on Sammy.

Jrue stuffs Lawson's layup attempt, out of bounds off Lawson.

Holiday plays great D on Lawson. Guess what that earns him?????? Yep, the bench!

And Jrue is rewarded with a seat on the bench. Excellent. Way to reward the defensive effort, Eddie.

Could Speights be any more pathetic on defense? Pretty funny we're only down two though with Speights at the line right now to tie it up.

And Lawson is happy! Drives by Lou for a hand off layup assist. What a coach!

The only way this defensive lineup could be worse would be to have Kapono in for Carney

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 21:02

I love the Kenyon Martin/Thad match up,EJ is somehow befuddled at this teams poor rebounding though. I think Kenyon Martin has a good 50 lbs on Thad

I don't get how a professional NBA team can be this bad defensively. wow

Iguodala riding pine.

Brian, maybe you should do a "I Hate Eddie Jordan" button for us to hit with a counter??

Martin must've had this date circled on his calendar.

Brand getting no burn either.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 3 at 21:07

And ES says he doesn't tell him who to start? But wait, didn't he tell Mo Cheeks who and how to play? Basically, I traded Kyle because I want you to play Thad type thing.

If Stefanski really believes in jordan's system, he's the only man on the face of the earth not named Eddie Jordan who does.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 3 at 21:12

Mike O'Koren?

Paycheck.

nuggets are punks. Other than Birdman I don't have any respect for any of these guys especially Nene and K-Mart. I would love to see Brand out there to rough them up.

Nice D, Lou.

eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 21:10

And gladly or sadly we have a real chance at winning this game. Gladly and sadly, or, gladly or sadly?

Just sadly.

Lou Williams, getting muscled by midgets since 2005

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 21:11

I'm going to be angry if the Sixers win this game. Losing to the Nuggets bench would be an epic failure, and a new low of the Eddie Jordan era.

For defense, Willie Green!

eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 21:14

Lou just watched Ty launch a three right in his face.

johnrosz reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 21:18

He seems relatively unphased by it too. Lou Williams has no clue what defense is.

johnroszrr on Jan 3 at 21:14

Thad has really gone in the toilet

Duracorr reply to johnroszrr on Jan 3 at 21:20

He used to have such a nice finishing touch around the basket. He's startingto shoot bricks inside.

johnrosz reply to Duracorr on Jan 3 at 21:22

As dumb as it sounds, I think teams finally caught on that he's left handed

And Lou scores 5 straight for Denver to make sure they go into the half w/ the lead. 61-60.

DeanH reply to Brian on Jan 3 at 21:21

This is getting too sad. Jrue hold Ty to a turn over. Immediately gets pulled after that play. If this was not true and I am here along w/ ya'll, I would think this is a comedy movie about an NBA coach!

eddies' heady's reply to DeanH on Jan 3 at 21:23

Serious question - was whoever came in for Jrue already at the table to check in before the stop of Lawson?

Probably. No rule against pulling him back, though.

Sammy has blocked two so far this quarter, I believe.

Correct but my point is good defense is rewarded by being removed. A coach can change his mind (remember Brand in and out in a recent game during a foul shot?).

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 21:19

I miss Larry Brown

eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 21:19

While it is fun and a sanity saver to joke around, as much time and thought that I put into this team on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis....it is really, really tough to watch and experience this mess. The vibes just aren't good anymore.

johnrosz reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 21:25

After the Eagles game today, its nice to be able to sit down and laugh at the Sixers. What can we really do but laugh at them?

eddies' heady's reply to johnrosz on Jan 3 at 21:30

cry...hey, you asked what else

Duracorr on Jan 3 at 21:25

It's clear that the announcers work for Comcast. They describe these strange happenings as if things were supposed to be this way. Ron Burke talked about how Lou came back in and stabilized the team in the 2nd quarter. At least Lynam said they need to play better defense in the 2nd half. I hope that includes Lou and Mareese.

Love the timing of the commercial:

The NBA... where Defense happens :)

Just think about this team. They start Lou/AI in the backcourt with Thad at PF.

Talk about playing lip service to defense. back to "bootcamp" I guess?

BTW, my prediction:
The Sixers will get Arenas for Brand + filler.

johnrosz reply to tk76 on Jan 3 at 21:32

I'd be all over that if theres a chance Arenas gets convicted of a felony and we can waive his contract. I don't think that will happen, EJ doesn't think highly of Arenas if i remember correctly

i hope denver scores 80 in the 2nd half

The Nuggets healthy would.

You know, I never root for losses during a game. Pretty much never. But I don't want another win like this. Play zero defense, shoot way above your head and luck your way into a win against a depleted roster.

If they somehow defend this half and pull out a win, fine. But if it's just hitting bad jumpers and outlasting a winded, injured Denver team, I'd rather not hear the smugmenss in Jordan's voice when he talks about a .500 road trip.

If they get let out of his contract it will be the best thing Arenas has ever done for his team. Certainly better than any shots that he has taken...

5 on Sammy. That was bullshit.

Duracorr reply to Brian on Jan 3 at 21:39

Three of his five were

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 21:39

Elton Brand is still in the NBA?

ItAintEZ on Jan 3 at 21:39

lol
somebody just yelled "offensive foul dumbass" when sam picked up his 5th.

Lou is such a joke.

DeanH reply to Brian on Jan 3 at 21:43

I use to like Lou and the way he played. But I have no respect for him anymore. I wonder if it is the affect of EJ on him or ???? I think part of it is seeing Jrue play and how different he is compared to Lou. If Lou is worth $5 Mill a year,Jrue should be worth $20 Mill a year (just teasing).

johnroszr on Jan 3 at 21:41

Iguodala needs to show Lou where the weight room is, he just got thrown around by a guy thats 5 10

Kenyon Martin looks like Tim Duncan with Thad on him in the post.

Kenneth on Jan 3 at 21:43

Elton Brand is only 30 yrs old. why wouldn't he be in the NBA? As far as I'm concerned, he's one of the better players on the Sixers...if only the lame coach would actually use him properly instead of sitting him on the bench.

johnrosz reply to Kenneth on Jan 3 at 21:46

I think you missed my sarcasm. He's barely been on the floor tonight

Yay, Willie first guard off the bench!

Duracorr on Jan 3 at 21:46

Why don't the Sixers just feed Brand until Denver does something to stop him?

Eddie Jordan is their coach.

3/9 from the line for Kenyon.

A Jason Smith sighting.

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 21:48

haha might as well throw Jason Smith out there.

eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 21:50

Maybe they can get ES's prize offseason signing in tonight - Primoz!

Duracorr on Jan 3 at 21:50

Is this the preferred 7-man rotation? Or do you only use a short rotation when on the second of a back-to-back?

Especially when you have a 7-man rotation that had 8 players in it.

It was actually 9, wasn't it?

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 21:51

Remember when Jason Smith was actually an effective player off the bench? He's lost almost all of his explosiveness...he used to be able to jump and do some pretty impressive things athletically

You know what's crazy, the Sixers have the three best players on the floor tonight.

eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 21:53

This may sound crazy, but Willie seems to have the most heart besides Brand.

johnrosz reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 21:55

Nobody questions his heart, just his brain

I think he always plays with a "I can't believe I'm on the floor" feeling, which makes him play hard in certain areas.

Five points for Smith.

Brain's favorite player has the best +/- of the team with 13, Willie Green

Up 8 heading into the fourth. That was actually a really good quarter, only 16 points for Denver.

Don't worry. Lawson (and Williams/Iverson) are set to come back in before too long).

Duracorr on Jan 3 at 21:58

Denver looks tired.

Pay attention to how Jrue defends on the ball here.

What a look by Jrue to EB.

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 22:01

Jrue shows some flashes...when he gets to play...

Smith going one-on-one w/ Malik Allen.

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 22:02

The bench didn't get the memo about quitting on the coach

eddies' heady's reply to johnrosz on Jan 3 at 22:04

exactly what i was thinking. so we've come to this huh? the starters just not giving a fuck but the guys who need to show something do. my fav team for ya...

johnrosz reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 22:06

By the same token, Jordan will reward these guys by giving them a DNP or 3 minutes next game...

And Smith draws the charge!

P&R, Jrue hits Brand in the chest at the FT line, Brand kicks to the wing for an open three.

amazing what hitting players in a shooting position does.

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 22:04

Carrill is 100 percent right about this team. Look how much more fluid things are when you have a guy on the floor with natural pg skills. The ball moves around much less sporadically, the offense is more fluid. And Jrue has earned starters minutes in my eyes based solely on his defense. We suck, just let the kids play

Heh, Lou is -10.

eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 22:05

Man, on an earlier point I just can't bring myself to root for them to lose. I just can't do it.

Quietly, I do kind of want them to have a better draft position but loudly, I want to see them win. It's just ingrained, you know.

This has been an entirely different team in the second half.

Did you see how Jrue just played that drive by Lawson? Rode him right into the front row. That's a layup if Lou is guarding him.

Jrue is driving Ty crazy. Better get Lou back in there soon!

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 22:08

Looks like Jrue is gonna be able to hit the boards in the NBA too

Brand is unconscious.

Lawson now has Willie Green covering him, a quick 5 points for him!

Kenneth on Jan 3 at 22:09

Elton Brand is on a tear!

Why are we putting Willie on Lawson?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Eddie Jordan, "If it ain't broke, I better fuck it up."

Yep, get Jrue out of there. Brilliant.

DeanH reply to Brian on Jan 3 at 22:12

Hey Brian,

they look so much better out there now! get the guys that got your lead out of there, leave Willie in (not Jrue, no way, he stopped Ty).

I really wonder if he really just wants to collect a paycheck up in Princeton?

Jrue's +17 in 10 minutes.

Can't wait to watch Lou and Willie guard Lawson.

Lawson immediately gets into the paint and feeds Nene for the easy layup.

Down to 11.

Lawson feeds Nene again.

Lawson gets in the lane and hits a diving Nene.

I sound like a broken record.

Duracorr reply to Derek Bodner on Jan 3 at 22:13

Willie's bad shots could lose this for them yet.

eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 22:11

Lou with an o-board but he pounds the ball for 20 seconds. ugh

Yup. Dribble for 20 seconds, then dribble handoff to Willie for a long three off the dribble. Notice how they were actually running plays that got either open catch and shoot situations, or good looks for EB when Jrue was in there?

It's no coincidence that the team blows when Lou is guarding the ball. Fucking Jordan.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 3 at 22:13

OK, I'll take my shot too: Fucking Stefanski.

He did hire Jordan, and he is standing behind him.

That was almost an airball by Iguodalla from the line. Ugh.

Brand = Stud.

eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 22:18

Man, wish I could see that play again right there with Lou driving for the charge. Because he kind of waved off Dre who down near the rim on the blocks and Dre appeared to give a smirk with his head like he didn't like it. Lou was telling him to clear out so he could take his man off the dribble and Dre just looked flustered then and even after he waltzed across the lane to get out of the way.

DVR's anyone during the next commercial break?

Banks are open.

Lou abused by Lawson, again.

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 22:20

Lou Williams contributes nothing to this team when he isn't scoring. He is a horrible basketball player, mediocre scorer

Iguodala also playing terrible on offense tonight. Can't believe Lou is a starter in this league.

eddies' heady's reply to Jesse on Jan 3 at 22:26

Meet your 2009-10 76ers. Where Andre Miller walks, where draftee is a few years away, and where Royal Ivey is brought back as your backup point guard.

The 76ers....where dunce cap wearers happens!

eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 22:22

Just pound the ball will ya....

This is just pitiful.

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 22:23

I can't believe that Lou Williams and AI are the guards right now. I hope they lose, Eddie Jordan is absurd

so, who really thinks the sixers will win tonight??? If they put Jrue, Smith, Carney back in, maybe. No changes, I predict a loss again. To a team missing 1/2 their team (and their scorers!).

Not sure if there's enough time left.

Willie in to defend Lawson. Something wrong with that picture?

6 on Sammy, after Willie got burned by Lawson again.

One guy on the team who can guard him, glued to the bench.

Lawson is playing like a Vet tonight. Note, when Jrue played him, he was a non factor.

Good thing they suck from the line, huh?

DeanH reply to Brian on Jan 3 at 22:29

Brian,

good thing for who?

Eddie Jordan.

Jordan is a genius

For the record, they were up 13 when he took Jrue out for no good reason.

"Nuggets down 2 with 31 left to play. They need only play good D, don't need to foul".

Think he was talking loud enough that Eddie Jordan could hear him?

:) I was thinking the same thing.

lol. Jordan needs the tips.

Duracorr on Jan 3 at 22:29

Jordan is showing what a horrible coach he is. He may be able to single-handedly snatch defeat out of an easy win here.

Hit both of them, please.

eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 22:30

Damn, they exploited a mismatch with Dre on the blocks on JR Smith.

Iggy fouled. Defensive subs?

Nah. Iverson and Willie are fine.

Defensive sub here? I mean, we can all agree that any sane coach would get Jrue in the game right now, right? And Iverson wouldn't be anywhere near the floor for this possession.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 3 at 22:34

Well he didn't have AI in there and Lawson gets by three people after Willie got caught on a high pick.

You might want to rewind that DVR. Willie wasn't touched.

We got lucky. Lawson was fouled.

eddies' heady's reply to Derek Bodner on Jan 3 at 22:38

But the point is Willie doesn't have to get touched to get caught on a pick. Don't have DVR.

Actually, it seems Green got the biggest interference from Brand

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 22:33

SUPERSTAR

Willie, Carney, Iguodala, Smith, Brand.

Come the fuck on.

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 22:36

Iguodala proving that he's a clutch player.

eddies' heady's on Jan 3 at 22:36

Make the damn free throws. Sheesh!

Same "defensive" lineup, I assume. Jordan is so fucking clueless.

Wonder if they foul.

lol at pinckney. the sixers have to play "solid defense."

Kenneth on Jan 3 at 22:39

Today's MVP should be Elton Brand.

16 Points (7-of-11 shooting), 7 Rebs, 3 blks, 2 assists. Very nice all-around game for EB off the bench...again. Talk about efficiency...when are they going to start this guy!

Whaddya know, Holiday gets in the game, contests the three.

JUst to clarify, I predicted a sixer loss if Jrue and Smith did not play. Note, Jrue was the defender at the end. They actually won playing Defense, Eddie.

I'll have wrap later on. The ugliest 3-3 road trip I've ever witnessed.

But, Brian...

We are "turning the corner"!

Never mind that its a dead end on Elm Street leading directly to Freddy's Boiler Room

The only corners turned tonight were by Ty Lawson coming around picks.

johnrosz on Jan 3 at 22:45

Iguodala had 2 chances to ice the game and screwed up both. Shocker

Rich reply to johnrosz on Jan 3 at 22:57

I agree that he does miss some FT's in the clutch but he should have had the ball in his hands way before the first possession he got fouled. Thank God Jordan finally ran a play for him, but AI9 is the guy on the perimeter whose hands that I want the ball in at the end of the game. AI can't get his shot by himself as well at this point in his career. Put him on the wing as a stationary shooter and let Iggy make a play.

And lets not forget that the Nuggets were down 2 starters AND Birdman did not play the 2nd half. This is not a win against if Birdman did not get hurt. Or if they had their other 2 starters.

But, on CSN Philly, they are turning the corner. This team has become pathetic, thank you EJ!

Free Jrue!

Jrue +17 in 11 minutes
Lou -15 in 30 minutes
team +1 in other 7 minutes
---------------------------
Win by 3

F'n amazing. When you look up quality win- this ain't it.