Mismatches Galore!

JohnEMagee on Jan 15 at 17:05

But Kevin Martin can average 20 points per game right?

This line-up will kill the zone:

Holiday, Iguodala, Speights and Brand + a shooter.

People talk about 3pt shooters beating the zone. The reality is that guys scoring and penetrating to the top of the lane and guys crashing the O-Boards is what kills the zone. If you settle for a bunch of jumpers you are conceding.

Speights/Brand in particular is a deadly zone busting combo. Give one the ball at the FT line and have the other crash the O-Boards. That will take them out of a zone quickly.

I think what is true is that floor spacing kills a zone, and while shooting may not be essential, the ability to shoot is.

In the pregame, EJ called Kevin Martin "the most efficient scorer in the NBA." A good player, but little strong, no? I guess he means the most efficient 20 foot jump shooter in the league. I think a guy in LA may hold that title.

JohnEMagee reply to Rich on Jan 15 at 19:04

It's more likely that Jordan said what he meant and doesn't know what efficient scoring is

And by the way - how would one determine the most efficient scorer any way - just a look at TS% or something more complicated?

Most-efficient scorer? Yeah, probably TS%.

His TS% is sick. He gets to the line a ton. He is a really good scorer, when he's actually on the floor.

Rich reply to JohnEMagee on Jan 15 at 19:09

I mean, I was looking at it from a subjective perspective. Yeah I guess TS %, and the guy I would pick is Steve Nash from that list.

John reply to Rich on Jan 15 at 19:15

Ok, for me, i'd broaden the category - most efficient point producer - cause then you're looking at points created for other players as well - does martin create for his team or is he just iverson in his prime?

Usual starters for the Sixers. Westphal went big, so the matchups up top are right. Sixers are grossly out-sized.

I hope Thad can play better tonight.

And we're off.

Lob to Sammy to get things started. Nice look by AI3.

Fuck me, he has Lou on Tyreke, Iguodala on Casspi.

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 19:14

And Tyreke walks in for 2.

Yup.

John reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 19:15

Guards guard guards
Forwards guard forwards

It's pretty simple isn't it?

Good start for Thad, 2/2, both going to the hoop, went to the right and finished with his right on that last drive.

What? How the hell was that a goaltend?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 19:16

I thought it was a self-pass.

No, he blocked it. When the ball was about 2 inches out of his hand.

Looks like this is going to be a defensive battle.

johnrosz on Jan 15 at 19:18

Iggy come on man you're not gonna get off the snide taking turnaround jumpers and posting guys up, take it to the hoop

Nice block by Iguodala in transition on Evans.

The way Sammy's playing, I'd like to see as many pick and rolls with him as possible. Maybe get AI9 going with a bucket or pass.

Check out this quote from Jordan:

@mfranknba: Jordan on Kings' height advantage in backcourt (Evans and Martin vs. Lou and Iverson): "They didn't hurt us in Sacramento."

Martin and Evans didn't play in Sacto.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 19:22

Then how is his statement incorrect?;)

I like Iverson's initiative, gotta attack Martin while he's in there.

Thad rejects Evans after he blows right by Lou again.

That shot was another example of Thad taking a low percentage lay-up. Unless, he's spinning back to his left, he doesn't change direction or get contact.

Then he misses a bunny.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Jan 15 at 19:27

Well, it actually looked like he took some contact that time with the lower body, but he didn't absorb it properly (kind of like Lou). And then the funky looking attempt to finish.

I'm talking about the fast break where he took like a 5 foot runner.

The bunny came next.

Strong start for Sammy. Ugly start for Iguodala. AI3 on Martin is just silly.

Sprained ankle for Iguodala. Not good.

johnrosz reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 19:28

thad at the 3?

johnrosz on Jan 15 at 19:30

Sick pass by jrue

Well, if he misses serious time we're squarely in the John Wall discussion.

Jrue is sick.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 19:31

4th worst record in the league - already are squarely in the john wall discussion

What a dime by Jrue, Thad's gotta get him the assist.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 19:30

Good look by Jrue across and up court but Thad doesn't absorb the contact well again and misses an and-one opportunity.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 19:32

Another rope by Jrue to Thad for the easy finish.

johnrosz on Jan 15 at 19:32

hey this lineup doesnt suck. Thad at the 3!

Jrue on Evans. Sick.

Lou is playing well early. On both ends, believe it or not.

Brockman just bullied Speights there. That shouldn't happen. Speights needs to look at EB and how he blocks out.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 19:37

Dag, Jrue should have passed it to his right to Thad there.

Agreed. Smart play by AI to pull it out for last shot, though.

JohnEMagee on Jan 15 at 19:37

8 points 4 rebounds in less than 10 minutes - sam pulled just for rest

+10 since Jrue came in.

Sixers up 32-25 after 1.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 19:41

Yahoo has brand at +10 as well - incorrect?

They both came in at the same time.

It was a combo of Jrue on Evans and going big that keyed the run.

The turnover battle was key in that quarter, Sixers got 9 points off 6 from them.

Jrue on Martin to start the second. Tough matchup here, fouled him on his first drive.

Forced a turnover on the blocks on Martin, then lost him helping Speights. Got lucky, Martin missed the three.

EB hot to start. Let's see if the genius runs a play for him now.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 19:44

Watching AI pass up an open 3 pter and give it to EB for a conversion just doesn't seem right. So used to seeing him pull the trigger.

Christ, Jrue is good.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 19:47

When he can grow out of the inconsistencies, look out.

Iguodala will return, per Sixers Twitter dude.

johnrosz on Jan 15 at 19:47

Jrue is a throwback

JohnEMagee on Jan 15 at 19:49

Start Holiday

Just saying

Ugh, back-to-back moving screens. Come on.

Real nice lineup here, though there was 2 moving screens.

No Willie so far tonight. AI getting extended time.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 19:51

As gimpy as he looks, Kevin should make Dre just sit.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 19:52

Because he's likely to more resigned to the jumper now too.

Iguodala is limping out there.

Why only 9 minutes for Jrue? I don't get that at all.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 19:56

But starters typically play in nine minute runs too. So as much as he does limit his minutes, the kid's wind probably isn't where it needs to be. He should play down the stretch w/ Willie having the sinus thing. Or the way he looks tonight, I hope...

9 minutes in one quarter, yes. But we're talking a 5 minutes in the first and 4 in the second. Plus, he's 19. Wind isn't the problem.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 20:00

Sorry, coach.

Seriously, did you ever get tired when you were 19? He could probably play all 48 if he was allowed to.

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 20:04

We all can agree he needs to play more. However it's done.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 20:06

I mean, I was smiling when I typed the two-part sentence....but seriously, I got winded more at 19 more than I do now, don't ask me how (immaturity, girls probably).

But you don't see college players get too many lengthy runs and they're 19. And that is why I first said how EJ does limit his minutes, it probably comes into play with game-to-game conditioning.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 19:53

Yeah, EB communicate!: ' Let's get a stop...'

Iverson's been a ball-stopper so far. Gotta get him out of there.

EB is 4 for 4 and yet we still don't run shit for him.

Ugh. Lead down to three.

Boy, can Lou miss layups or what?

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 19:58

Boy, Iggy passing up that chance to shoot a layup or get fouled at the least, was way out of character. Sit him, please.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 19:59

I mean, I appreciate the gutsy effort ten fold, but this one game isn't worth it.

Yeah, he looks like he's hurt. I'd rather him treat it and get it all better.

He didn't have that extra gear pushing the break when he grabbed the d-board either. Still beat the Kings down the floor and found Sammy for the dunk, though.

That was exceptional defense by Jrue on Evans.

Jesus, get Iguodala out of there.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 20:07

I can't believe Kevin let him go back in.

johnrosz on Jan 15 at 20:05

Lou Williams is the worst defender I've ever seen. Seriously, he should never play.

Good D by Lou on Evans too. You make him shoot from 20 feet off the dribble, you did your job.

Poor end to the first half. 9-2 run for Sacto to cut it to two.

Did Lou's defense possibly outplay his offense there. I like 3 dimes and no TO's, but 2-9, Jesus.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Jan 15 at 20:10

Now.....that's a shame

Evans got by him maybe 4 or 5 times, leading to maybe 7 points. But he also forced Evans into a few long jumpers and made a couple nice plays for steals. Much better job overall than I thought he'd do.

Now here's the key, Westphal is going to realize they didn't take advantage of their mismatches. He's going to adjust. Will the Sixers have an answer?

5/7 for Thad in the first half, 12 points.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 20:21

But weren't most either run-outs or free throws? Just asking.

To win this game: Jrue and EB need 35-plus combined minutes in the 2nd half.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Jan 15 at 20:22

And not derogatory, but Andre none.

I think he's going to play. Just don't stand on the perimeter and shoot jumpers.

I'd prefer resting him, though.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 20:27

I think he is too. But just sit it out, it's only 24 min of ball. And not derogatory either, but we can win this one without him. Because the lineup that came in was nice when he went out, even though I'm not bestowing much heap upon Thad. (But he'll do, but often wonder what Rodney could do with more time and different players)

If Iggy is not well, sit him and go big. 2 of Sammy/Speights/Brand on the court at all times, then Thad at the 3 and Jrue/AI in the backcourt. Carney and Lou off the bench, in that order.

Makes sense.

Ugh, both AIs + Lou = 5/21.

Does anyone think that the defensive rebounding is the result of EJ yanking EB around? He's been real bad there.

Nice drive but he still looks hobbled.

We talked about this on the radio show last night. Possible reasons I could come up with:

1. Defensive system drawing him away from the hoop.
2. Playing the 5, against much taller players for most of his minutes.
3. He's getting position, doesn't have as much lift to go get the ball off the glass

Or it could be he's just not as hungry for it, and there's no excuse for that. I don't care what Jordan's done to him.

Clear path?

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 20:27

I thought so.

AI got hit there too. Wunderlich sucks, he shouldn't get playoff games.

Nice drive by Thad there.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 20:30

Yeah Thad, don't settle, attack.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 20:32

But see Lou, that hesitation, because you did want to settle, cost you the layup or free throws, because you should have just attacked and the guy didn't have time to set up or recover.

Wow. That's a sick look by AI9 and flush by TY.

Great oop there from the two wings. I mean, 3 man to the PF (sigh).

Awesome drive and dish by Thad to Sammy. Second time he's found Sammy, first bounced off the concrete slabs Sammy calls hands. :)

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 20:38

I can accept that he's gonna drop a few gimmes if he's consistently getting 12/8/2 in 21 mins going 6-6 from the field.

eddies' heady's reply to Alvin on Jan 15 at 20:42

Better you than me. b/c I don't care the numbers from the field, they're called gimmies for a reason.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 20:33

That damn Martin looks like he just cocks back that shit and lets it fly....lol

I have to say, the individual effort seems to be there defensively. Also the Kings have 4 offensive rebounds and are shooting about 40%. They are 5-10 from 3PT, but that's not a surprise.

A lot of high percentage looks so far in the quarter. Lou's gotta take what the defense gives him though.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 20:37

Thad often tries to look like a left-handed Jamison with the often quick releases.

4 on Sammy with 5:20 to go in the third. Probably a tie game when he goes to the bench. Not a good sign.

Jordan's leaving him there with 4, huh?

Way too many wide open threes on the other end. They, like everyone else in the league, will kill us with those type of looks.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Jan 15 at 20:39

And sadly, they've been killing us for years from there. Sigh

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 20:38

AI that was old school, but Pinck called it 'vintage'.

Erm.. Brand/Thad/Iggy/AI/Lou? How small can it get?

Man's rebound by EB there. Need more of those.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 20:41

AI has always been so good at initiating the contact first, yet drawing the foul and making it look like the defender was the aggressor.

I don't care if they don't like each other, Speights/Brand has great potential to be a great combo.

And where the hell is Jrue????

JohnEMagee reply to Alvin on Jan 15 at 20:43

I presume the only reason he got a total of 9 minutes in the first half was the injury to Iguodala - he probably doesn't gtet any otherwise - plus it doesn't look like Willie is available tonight?

eddies' heady's reply to Alvin on Jan 15 at 20:43

Oh, he's a coming....

(....he better be b/c AI can't go much more can he....)

Why is Willie the first guard off the bench in the 2nd half? Someone care to explain?

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 20:44

Easy. Jrue didn't make a jumper or score in the first half.

Good defense by Andre there on Evans.

Unreal.

Jrue better be in after this timeout.

I'll admit I prefer to see Willie out there than Lou. But I prefer Jrue so much more, he makes those 2 look like scrubs.

JohnEMagee reply to Alvin on Jan 15 at 20:47

They look like scrubs all by themselves, always have

eddies' heady's reply to Alvin on Jan 15 at 20:47

Could be wrong, but I think he's just buying some minutes here so he can play Jrue almost all of the fourth.

Of if only he would do that.

eddies' heady's reply to Alvin on Jan 15 at 20:50

I'm laughing like hell.....at the thought of how can he not?

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 20:45

Damn, what a block by Iggy.

EB has gum in his ear, I think.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 20:48

Good ass pass Dre to WG for the 3!

I don't know, Martin looked like he tripped over his feet. Kings FT shooting has been a killer. They've been in the penalty all quarter.

Alvin reply to Rich on Jan 15 at 20:51

That what makes him such an efficient scorer - he gets to the line a hell lot and shoots FTs so well. Think of Chauncey Billups-type scoring minus the occasional crazy long distance bricks.

Ugh. Contested 20-footer by Willie. Heat check, I guess.

Didn't like Iguodala's shot either. Had time there.

Up by 3 heading into the fourth. Iverson played the entire third quarter. Apparently his wind is better than Jrue's, who is limited to 9-minute spurts.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 20:55

Can't argue with that one.

Damn, AI, I didn't know you had it in you. Willie has to come out in a few, no?

He's out for Thad. Buying time 'til he can get AI3 back in there with the big lineup now.

Nope. Lou and Willie in the back court to start the third. Fuck this brace-licking idiot.

Jrue's still on the bench. Unbelievable.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 20:54

Dammit, get WG the heck out of there. He's not penetrating b/c he's sick.

Jeebus, 3/13 for Lou now.

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 20:55

What good is that? Why does that warrant PT????

This is ridiculous.

Big lineup w/ Lou at the point.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 20:57

Coming in at the nine minute mark? the after 8 min timeout?

Jrue, you over there?.....

Don't bother running out to challenge your man for the wide-open corner three, Lou.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 20:59

Yeah Dre, nice to see you clap your hands. More of that.

Fuck this guy. No seriously, fuck this guy.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 21:01

Ummmmm....Mike, Jimmy, Aaron,....can you guys suggest?

Dala with a 3!

There's Jrue, glued to the bench.

I seriously don't even want to watch this. Fucking joke.

AI9 for 3, his first hit in 9 attempts, I believe.

johnrosz on Jan 15 at 21:02

If ever we needed proof that Jordan plays favorites I think LouWill is pretty damning evidence.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 21:02

That ankle didn't look gimpy on that one....lol

Maybe they'll push the lead to 15 so we can see Jrue in garbage time. That's the only chance.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 21:04

Guys, remember the post? It said to enjoy the matchups tonight, not all those other things. Take it for what it is tonight. Lou for 3!

Andre with a real gutty effort tonight. Not pretty, but he's quietly shut down Casspi and Martin when guarding them. The one possession Evans had on him, he forced a TO off Reke's leg.

This is still bullshit. Jrue should have gotten 12+ minutes in the 2nd half.

Imagine if Brand was a starter.

Ladies and gentlemen, Andre Iguodala has just taken over the ball game.

eddies' heady's reply to Alvin on Jan 15 at 21:06

He sure did....

johnrosz on Jan 15 at 21:07

They're still gonna find a way to lose this game

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 21:07

Silky smooth EB!

If the zone allows EB to iso on Thompson, I like that match-up. Stick Speights at the FT line and make them pick their poison.

The rebounding is never the same without Sam in there. Sometimes it feels like Speights and Brand don't get as many as Sam does by himself.

Brand had Casspi on him, they took a jumper instead.

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 21:11

Corner three from Lou, who acts like he's perfect from the field after making one shot, when in actuality he's an abysmal 4-15.

I hate Eddie Jordan.

FREE JRUE~!!!

Nope, Iverson coming in to close it out. Unless it's a real blowout, no prayer Jrue gets in the game in the second half.

I swear Eddie Jordan is what's doing damage to Jrue's psyche. He is hell bent on destroying this kid.

Alvin reply to Alvin on Jan 15 at 21:15

He is stupid enough to not know that playing Jrue more gives him a better chance of keeping his job for a longer period of time.

Either that or he is supremely confident in his job security.

Both possibilities give me the creeps.

gerrymac on Jan 15 at 21:14

C'mon Kings, make a RUN!!!!

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 21:15

Dre with the poke and turnover secured by EB.

Well it's Sam/EB/Thad/Iggy/AI out there so it's a big lineup, i'll consider that a plus.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 21:16

Yea Sammy! God bless you

Attaboy Sammy.

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 21:17

That's exactly what I was thinking.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 21:18

Sam you do have pride dog. Mucho of it.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 21:18

That was after the o-board.

Only 10 boards, off night for Sammy.

10-point lead with 2:05 to go. Charity minutes for Jrue here?

gerrymac on Jan 15 at 21:19

I really like how Thad played tonight......and I do think he will come out to be a better player than Igoudala 2-3 years later.

I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed.

Alvin reply to gerrymac on Jan 15 at 21:22

Well if basketball was all about scoring and defense was not a factor maybe I'd agree. But Iggy sets other players up well and defends so well most of the time. I think I've come to the conclusion that Thad will never get the hang of that.

eddies' heady's reply to gerrymac on Jan 15 at 21:24

Pipe dream,... on the better player reference.

gerrymac on Jan 15 at 21:21

Rodney Carney??? WTF!!!

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 21:21

Zum: "and a defender has come into the game by Eddie Jordan, Rodney Carney".............yeah, huh?

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 21:22

Gotta be the ES hand-down of the rookie wall?

Carney got the charity minutes. Iguodala at the point.

Sam with a great night.

I still hate Eddie Jordan.

Yeah, get Lou back in there! He's really earned it tonight. Motherfucker.

@mfranknba: fans booing because Iguodala missed shot with 13 seconds left that would have given them free Big Macs. Sixers win 98-86.

He's not a leader.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 21:33

Damn, I know that made them hungry. LOL!!!!

Something tells me that even if this team got the 45 wins we were hoping for at the start of the season, we'd all still hate that asshole EJ.

They could finish 37-5 and I'd still hate this braced bitch.

Great job by a ton of guys tonight.

Sam was great. Thad was better. AI9 was gutty (Hurt and injured tonight and shot bad, but he made as big of a difference as anyone. Casspi and Martin really struggles figuring his defense out. Made big plays too. That's why we can't trade him for a bag of balls, Iggy haters)

Iverson didn't shoot well, but I though he did a good job in the 2nd half.

Crowd was surprisingly loud at the end. They should still boo Jordan, because there is zero reason that Jrue shouldn't play 10 minutes in the 2nd half, or zero. Fuck Eddie Jordan, no seriously, fuck him.

Rich reply to Rich on Jan 15 at 21:31

Ah, they wanted the three and the Big Macs.

Alright. I need to settle down for a while. This guy really, really pisses me off.

W for the Sixers, bounce-back game for Thad. Iguodala is a tough mofo. I'll have my wrap late tonight.

Thanks for taking part guys, sorry if I was a bit cantankerous in the second half.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 21:41

Apology accepted.

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 21:31

Enjoyed it tonight guys. Good win.

I've got complaints too but what the hell? It was all about the matchups tonight.

The players are finally coming around. Presumably of the realization of the advanced non-IQ (and back to the traditional sets).

I've argued it was the players, wrongly accused though, and it seems to be the case somewhat. Because since ES had his coming out interview, the players (who he blamed), have had great zeal, at least to me.

Jordan has also had much, much better rotations in the three Sixers wins since then, for whatever reason. It cuts both ways.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 21:39

Man, just enjoy it.

I'm not taking the microscopic approach, at your suggestion. Good friggin' win.

I see the inadequacies or helplessness, but just let me enjoy one.

As bad as I want them to get a higher draft pick, I just can't root for my boys to lose. Plain and simple.

I thought he was fine tonight until the 2nd half. How does Jrue not get any time? That's a fireable offense. Lou was freakin awful tonight.

A couple of good ones on ESPN tonight. Any time I can watch Steve Nash, I feel privileged.

ILuminati999 on Jan 15 at 21:34

I think this team needs Al Jefferson..........Maybe a trade with Igoudala, Dalembert, and Williams for Jefferson, Blount, and Cardinal???? Then the starters would be Jefferson, Brand, Young, AI3, and Holiday..

Jefferson is good, but he's kind of a defensive sieve. If we want to build around one of them, there are a couple already on the roster.

Heh, Iguodala still wound up playing 41 minutes. He never sat again once he came back from the turned ankle.

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 21:46

Not a leader though :)

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 15 at 21:46

No way, seriously?

eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 21:53

Why did we let Lester Hudson get sent down from Boston and cut, and not sign him? But Memphis did. Why?

Isn't he more offerable than Ivey? Really.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 15 at 21:54

I mean, the Ed's, or at least one of them do.....

I think Kevin Martin chose this game to return because he knew he was going against an AI/Lou backcourt and envisioned having a 40-point game on his return. Licking his braces erm.. lips while he did that. Not a bad idea but it didn't work out for him.

Anyone catch that Crawford shot against Phoenix. Crazy ending and great moment as the place went nuts. Still, Alvin Gentry put his best defensive unit out there. Haha good for him I guess.

JohnEMagee on Jan 15 at 22:54

4 rebounds in over 35 minutes? That's not good if your a PF or a SF...right?

I've pretty much concluded that if AI is gettiung minutes then they will come at the expense of Jrue/Thad/Speights. There are only so many minutes to go around. So tonight it was Speights and Jrue glued to the pine. Its just the way its gone to be as long as AI is healthy.

So I'll focus on this positive:

SG: Iguodala
SF: Thad
PF: Brand
C: Sam

...and they said it could never work.

They = Eddie Jordan, right?

They = Sixers organization and much of the media over the past 2 years.

I emailed Kate during the first half when Jrue was shutting down the guards. Kate responded he is a defensive bomb. Never did I dream Jrue would not return the 2nd half.

I am a Christian and I am having a hard time being Christian like about Eddy Jordan. Can someone please, please get rid of him for us. What in the world would be his reason to sit Jrue the 2nd half? Tyreke is a long time friend Jrue and he was looking forward to playing him. This coach is an _______. I will let you fill in the blank. I can't!

I'm sitting there, watching the first 3 quarters, and goign to myself:

God, had Iguodala been on Evans once yet? Shouldn't this happen.

Immediately after that, Eddie went with a big lineup, Iguodala defended Evans, and we played a great 4th quarter.

Of course, I didn't think it would come at the expense of our 1st half MVP. But, Jrue didn't make a shot in his 10 minutes. Ignore the fact that he was putting on a defensive camp, the fact that he was making tremendous passes in transition (that pass that whizzed by Dalembert and Udoka's head to Thad was gorgeous), and that he was finding open teammates in the open look. He bricked his only two shots, and for that he sees no time in the second half.

I mean, only 2 FGA's in 10 minutes of playing time? What does he think he is? A PG?

Next time you see Jrue come out and jack up contested jumpers early in the shot clock, you know why. Kid's just looking to play in the second half.

Alvin reply to Derek Bodner on Jan 16 at 3:27

Well Speights went 0-4 in the first half and he still got burn in the second half.

Much shorter frontcourt rotation. he doesn't have willie green in the frontcourt to "get after it" if Speights doesn't make any shots.

Yeah cause Jason Smith is in his doghouse. Granted he is soft, but he does a good job defending the P&R

Still, the point is no excuse to not play Jrue in that second half. I've gotten used to the team sucking and losing games this season, but I cannot tolerate the fact that some players are not getting the minutes they deserve while others are getting minutes in spite of how badly they play.

Rich reply to Alvin on Jan 16 at 12:52

Louuuuuuuuuuuu

It's completely baffling when you think of when the Sixers took control of the game, which is the 8:40 run Jrue had at the end of the 1st, beginning of the second. The Kings shot 2-13 with 7 turnovers during that span as the Sixers went on a 19-9 run.

43-48-33-42-38-35-40-41... 35?

The combination to mediocrity. The Sixers- the most consistent team in the NBA. Is there another team who for 8 straight years has never made it out of the first playoff round and yet has not had a top 8 pick?