Outclassed

You're tired of their act? For the most part they're a group of humble, likable players. I think Kobe could play a lot smarter.

JohnEMagee reply to Tray on Jan 29 at 17:18

Andrew Bynum is really humble...especially when he shows up on TMZ

Kingtizz on Jan 29 at 17:38

Hilarious, Eddie Jordan making adjustments. Thats a bigger joke than him being a head coach. My favorite line-up includes sam, eb, thad, dre and anyone of our "point guards". If Ed. S makes E.J play that line-up for more that 5 minutes and 10 seconds we have a chance to win this game. But knowing Eddie Jordan, luckily for us to his own detriment, he will the play the line-up he thinks is best. Allowing Iverson (who I love...no homo) to get way to many minutes and be a complete ball stopper on offense, and having Willie Green (his BF)play more than an acceptable 7 minutes.
Also I have a side note why...why does Sam never play alongside of spieghts? is it just me or would they truely compliment the others deficiencies?

JohnEMagee on Jan 29 at 18:22

Starting line up is the same

Ric Bucher, via Kate Fagan, new team in play for Iguodala?

League source says take Cle out of Iguodala Sweepstakes. Dallas, Portland, Phoenix can all make infinitely better offers.

A Portland deal would, I assume, include Blake, Outlaw (both expiring) and Rudy Fernandez. It'd be funny if Andre Miller was included, huh?

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 19:09

Funny in that I've told the folks at Jordans blog i'd kill them all if Miller gets traded back to the sixers - sure :)

Portland really doesn't have any heft contracts to include. This one works. Rudy, Bayless, Outlaw and Blake.

I doubt they'd want Webster, he's got 4 years remaining on his contract.

Do you think they'd trade for an injured Przybilla?

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 19:10

They need a big man - i mean both of em are fragile - so sam would be a nice get for them - but sam and Andre - no way they balance that out unless they give up on the guy you hate that plays PF ?

Yeah, he's BYC and they love him out there. I seriously doubt that.

Maybe they're trade for Oden's third leg.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 19:13

Yeah that was a good question last night :)

Do you get the Lakers home games?

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 19:17

Yeah, Santa Barbara is the LA tv market (which sucks for the NFL actually) - so when I get home the laker game will be on.

Until this year east coast games used to be tape delayed actually - they wouldn't start until 5 local time.

Of course it's the gf's birthday and taking her out for dinner so won't see much :)

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 19:18

And we're off!

Kobe on Jrue to start. Iverson with the TO to start.

Jrue good D on Kobe in the first HC possession.

Jrue really looking to drive on Kobe.

Sammy looks dominant out there. 5 boards in the first five minutes.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 19:19

immediately followed by

LAL - K. Bryant steals the ball from S. Dalembert

Zumoff's new phrase is "He's got a lot of stuff" when referring to any PF or C who has ever scored a basket.

I hesitate to say this since it's so early, but Jrue is in Kobe's jock.

2 on Kobe. Wonder if Phil leaves him in.

2 on Kobe, loudest cheer of the year.

Jrue started that bucket with a penetrate and kick to Iggy.

Ok, Jrue looks like he is doing a great job so far! Wondering how much more time he has since Green has to get in to show his stuff.

Jrue better not get the hook here.

Nice dribble drive and finish for Jrue. He's strong w/ the left.

Boy, that Elton Brand "has a lot of stuff!"

Nice backdown by Iggy on Fisher in transition.

JohnEMagee on Jan 29 at 19:28

Feed Elton Brand

Not really sure why they switched to the zone, but it left Artest wide the F open for a three immediately. Wonderful.

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 19:31

He really teed that one up.

Willie, Thad, and Lou. 10 point game in less than 2 minutes for sure

Headed that way. How was that a travel, he dribbled?

Jesse reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 19:42

Mass substitutions, in my opinion, are completely unnecessary.

Sixers down 1 after 1, 18-19.

Rotation was 8 deep in the first Q. I'm thinking it gets to 10 in the first half.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 19:39

PRIMOZ?

Here we go. SP8s, TY, AI9, WG, LW.

Easy hoops for LAL.

EZ hoops.

EZ hoops.

And shocking, another easy hoop.

This second unit has allowed 14 points in a little over 4 minutes in this quarter.

Aaaand, down 10.

So, atleast this makes Jrue look good. As soon as he hit the bench, LA went on runs. Not necessarily all because of him but I would make that case if I was him!

Yeah, Pinckney, the problem is the offense bogging down.

Free Jrue.

Sammy and Jrue must come in

Court_visioN on Jan 29 at 19:51

what's the betting that coming out of this timeout EJ puts in Kapono for Iguodala?

Nah, Kapono for Brand is my bet. Gotta score the ball.

Ugh.

Eddie Jordan I hate your face.

ItAintEZ on Jan 29 at 19:52

Come on Lakers, keep greasing the skids for EJ so he slide the hell out of here.

Court_visioN on Jan 29 at 19:54

coming out of the timeout, the playcall is... a 20 foot jumper.

on the other end, a tipin by Gasol off Kobe blowing by Thad Young

Why is Thad still guarding Kobe?

You know why, Brian.

bdownbear on Jan 29 at 19:55

I swear to fuckin god.................Im about to kick my TV...............Is this fuckin coach blind??? Now Iverson for Green??

I have a question. Do you think Eddie Jordan sees absolutely no correlation between his substitutions and the score changing?

It's the players. That's what he sees. These guys suck.

eddies' heady's reply to Jesse on Jan 29 at 20:08

Probably so,... but I do know that ES and EJ both see correlation with the substitutions. Remember, he said so.

It has to be a tank, how can it not be?

I firmly believe that if your boss comes out and sort of pre-mentions lineup changes, and the coach's comments in the same mold thereafter that followed, you just won't go that obviously against the grain and shove it in your boss' face like that.

How can they not both be pulling the wool over our eyes? I mean, really.

Isn't this a just-an-obvious as not-just-an-obvious attempt at a tank job...

I thought about that too. It's a possibility, but I try not to get wrapped up in conspiracy theories. It would also assume that the Eds don't mind getting ripped apart by the (few) Sixers fans for the rest of the season/offseason.

If he's using these rotations to tank, then he's been doing it since game 1. All year he's gone with as many all offense, no defense lineups as possible in virtually every game.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 20:25

And that may be true, but only to a certain extent.

Brand AND Jrue are starting now...but...the minute distribution is still off-kilter (just like the effort, another story, another day).

So,... not really every game, and for that matter, those two have chatted it up everyday as I previously stated he stated. So they both have been making futile attempts at tanking then.

ItAintEZ on Jan 29 at 19:56

It must really take a lot out of Jrue to play so well early. He needs like a half an hour to recover.

Court_visioN on Jan 29 at 19:56

big lineup in for the Sixers.

AI3-AI9-TY-EB-SD

-2 thus far.

eddies' heady's on Jan 29 at 19:56

Damn Thad.

Court_visioN on Jan 29 at 20:01

7-6 run for big lineup so far. Triangle offense putting up a clinic out there regardless of who's on the floor.

Iguodala for the most part doing a good job on Kobe though.

bdownbear on Jan 29 at 20:01

Does anybody know Ed Stefanski's email address???

Big lineup stabilized things a little.

imagine if we chose kobe over iverson in the 96 draft..i wonder how our team would be right now.

Probably a lot worse since he refused to sign with anyone but the Lakers.

oh..well then nevermind haha i figured he probably wouldn't have stayed on this team anyway

JohnEMagee reply to Tyler on Jan 29 at 20:15

And how were the sixers going to get shaq

Kobe went in the teens in that draft - people have to stop using hindsight - he was a high school senior - he wasn't considered a top 10 pick - picking him #1 would have been a huge upset

Nice drive by Thad.

Kobe's handling the ball an awful lot.

Good foul by Iguodala, sent Bynum to the floor.

Court_visioN on Jan 29 at 20:05

good foul by Iguodala in transition, Kobe getting cute out there.

Horrible pass by Young before that.

Here's Kapono for who was asking!

NICE! Kapono is the 10th player in the first half. Jrue rots after a really solid run to start the game.

ItAintEZ reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 20:07

Resting not rotting.

Don't want him to hit that rookie wall.

btw i have to agree with you brian that laker game last year where iguodala drained the 3 to win it was the greatest part of last season i feel like, maybe behind the orlando one by a little.

ItAintEZ on Jan 29 at 20:08

Fade away 20footer to end the half

ItAintEZ reply to ItAintEZ on Jan 29 at 20:09

nope couldn't get that close.

Close, off-balance three. Don't you just love how Lou pump fakes his way out of open shots every time he has one. Stellar.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 20:15

His pump faking has become as consistent as politicians blowing all the money they can - unconsciously.

ItAintEZ on Jan 29 at 20:12

Hypothetical question: Is EJ bad enough of a coach that he could manage to screw up the Lakers if he were in Phil Jacksons position? If so how bad would they be.

Yes. He'd have Kobe getting into fist fights w/ the entire team every day in practice.

JohnEMagee on Jan 29 at 20:12

So on the lakers radio broadcast they said the sixers 'chose' not to advance the ball to half court after the 20 at the end of the half...is it really a choice or are they misinformed?

misinformed. You can only advance it in the last two minutes of the game, not the half.

ItAintEZ reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 20:16

O I C

ItAintEZ reply to JohnEMagee on Jan 29 at 20:15

I was wondering why they didn't get it half court. Don't know if i missed somthing.

OK, down 9 at the half. I seriously might strangle someone if the starters pull them back in it and then Jordan abandons them.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 20:23

Then let's hope the starters don't get them back in it...Iguodala has 3 fouls doesn't he?

Yeah, the third was a frustration foul. Artest had him in a bear hug, holding him back from getting a rebound. The Lakers grabbed the o-board, artest got the ball and Iguodala fouled him going up for a layup.

Jordan's prime directive right now is probably to make sure Brand gets 20/10 every night so someone might be willing to take his contract.

knee injury for kobe.

That didn't look good. Brand caught him in the leg, looked like the knee bent sideways.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 20:29

Kobe still in the game.

Bleh, he stayed in the game.

Great D by Jrue on that play, nothing you can do about that.

Pretty cross-court pass JH to AI3.

JohnEMagee on Jan 29 at 20:31

One of the lakers kids sold Girl Scout Cookies to the president and vice-president this week during the visit.

I think the word precocious isn't strong enough

EB leading the break w/ the oop to AI9.

Great hustle play by Jrue off the errant alley-oop!

Defense fueling offense.

The starters are the only chance to play against the Lakers. If I was coaching, I would ride them like crazy in this half.

They have a better chance, but not really a legitimate chance. Especially not if Kobe's hitting these shots.

JohnEMagee on Jan 29 at 20:37

That's unpossible :)

Willie for Jrue and the generic 'I hate Eddie Jordan" post.

And Jrue's done for the night. 6:05 of action in the second half, most likely.

Iverson w/ a pair of threes.

AI heating up from deep. Those were tough shots too.

9 straight if he hits this FT.

AI going nuts

Where Ty Lue at?

It's official,Iverson is playing some sick offense right now.

Heh. Willie was about 7 feet away from Kobe on that play.

Imagine Iverson playing with Iguodala both in their primes. I think a perfectly complimentary duo.

They'd need a shooter out there w/ them.

Jesse reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 20:51

True about the shooter, but I can't see Larry Brown caring one bit.

JohnEMagee reply to Jesse on Jan 29 at 20:47

Imagine Iverson and BRAND in their primes - the one thing he always lacked was a real 'low post' power forward...

Is it just me or did the crowd go crazier when Kobe hit that jumper to end the sixers run?

That stretch brought back some really good memories from AI. At least I'm getting that tonight, and right now, I'll be more than happy to take it.

Iverson on Artest now.

That was fun to watch. More than I expected out of this game. Gonna need that for an extend time in the fourth if they're going to have a chance.

Lakers up by 9 heading into the fourth.

24 minutes for Iverson in the second half?

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 20:53

If you want to win...

Fucking free throws. Damnit.

There just literally nothing you can do about this. Outside of when Willie was on him, the D has been right there. He's just hitting insane shots.

EB for Thad, now Jrue for Willie please.

Seriously.

Ugh, Dre does not look to score in the post at all.

EB denies the high post as well as anyone. He gets so many steals from ball denial.

johnrosz on Jan 29 at 21:01

Although it's terrible for the development of this team, I can't help but love what AI is doing tonight. Great sense of nostalgia. Anyone catch the "3 ed'd monster must go" sign in the first half? I think they took it away from the guy

Brand is fucking taking over this game on defense. wow.

Ugh, AI did a great job to set up EB in his spot. Would have been huge...

johnrosz on Jan 29 at 21:03

Iggy hasn't looked right to me for about 2 weeks, i wonder if he's still feeling the effects of that ankle sprain

He looks physically fine to me. Mentally, maybe the rumors are getting to him. Or the coach. You're right though, he hasn't been himself, especially the past two games.

Jason reply to johnrosz on Jan 29 at 21:05

Trying to get teams to not trade for him lol?

johnrosz on Jan 29 at 21:09

Iggy is hearing the boo's from the crowd. It's kind of a shame, although I'm not a huge fan of his the bullshit fans that come out once a year to see the lakers don't really deserve to boo him based on one game

Jesse reply to johnrosz on Jan 29 at 21:13

I don't get why Iguodala gets no love here. Maybe the average fan is just obsessed with guys who jack up a lot of shots. Maybe that sentiment got reinforced by Iverson's glory years and the success it brought. Whatever it is, it's not fair. Having said that, Iguodala's last three was terrible.

JohnEMagee reply to Jesse on Jan 29 at 22:32

It's Philadelphia. Abreu got no love, they want to run McNabb out of town but they miss reggie evans and they think aaron rowand was the greatest thing since sliced bread

Man, Brand is like a man possessed right now, has been the entire quarter.

They really are playing their asses off. Good to see if they are a little undermanned and have an imbecile for a coach.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Jan 30 at 0:22

Yep, which is why I've argued for too long that the players reap the responsibility here just as much.

You can play your asses off vs. Dallas, vs. LAL, vs. POR etc. but you can't do it vs. MIN, vs. MIL, or vs. IND?

Like the coach or dislike the coach, when you want to ball, your ass can ball.

If for nothing else, you can just exude professionalism. I mean, since the pride, heart, and will-to-compete are sporadically lacking.

Just saw that three eds sign I think.

Game.

23 for Iverson. Valiant effort by the little guy.

I really like that Brand/Artest match-up there. That's a joke.

johnrosz on Jan 29 at 21:19

It's becoming painfully obvious that this roster is being "showcased" to the rest of the league... Dusting off Jason Smith right now as he's been in the PHX rumor. Kapono now getting sporadic minutes...Thad getting some more time at the 3, preparing for life without iggy?

Gargabe 1:44 for Jrue. Awesome.

Garbage.

9-point loss, could've been worse. It was fun to see Iverson catch fire.

bebopdeluxe reply to Brian on Jan 29 at 21:49

Maybe I'm nuts, but if we can somehow get somebody to take Lou's contract at the deadline to deal with the tax issue...and with the assumption that we will probably be drafting a SG this summer, I wouls be OK with AI coming back for one more year...

As long as EFJ is gone.

Willie, Thad, and Lou a combined minus 35. That really doesn't surprise me.

All the starters a positive except AI9 who was minus 1.

Jordan really extended the starters tonight (especially in the 2nd half), but alas Jrue only gets 17 minutes. Too bad. I thought the kid was running the offense nice when Kobe was playing off him.

Gotta appreciate Allen Iverson. Excellent effort tonight from # 3.

Rich reply to Rich on Jan 29 at 21:28

I forgot EB. 40 minutes and some inspired play especially on defense. I think he wants to play for someone other than Eddie Jordan.

johnrosz on Jan 29 at 21:26

I would give anything to lose the new jersey game sunday

bebopdeluxe reply to johnrosz on Jan 29 at 21:44

I was hoping that the way they started out in the 3rd quarter would have lasted the rest of the game...a 20+ point loss tonight, a loss in NJ on Sunday...and EFJ would be history.

Damn.

Ok, can we please end the Eddie Jordan era here in Philadelphia. If all the Eds were there, have you not seen enough from this idiot.

Please, fire Eddie JOrdan tonight.

Jason Smith for MVP

bdownbear on Jan 29 at 21:35

Lets replace the three Eds with a Pat, a Larry, and a Steve.

bebopdeluxe on Jan 29 at 21:38

"I don't know what you guys are going to say or write or how you're going to twist it..."

Man - Kate is under EFJ's skin...isn't she?

EJ- "I don't care how you spin it, twist it, etc. Our interior defense was great tonight." I actually kind of agree.

He wanted Iguodala to shoot it a little more and be a little more aggressive. I also kind of agree.

He thought Dre did a very good job on Kobe, just like everyone else in that we got beat by it.

Not too bad of a press conference from Jordan except the shot at the media twisting stuff. I thought he wasn't terrible coaching by his standards except for Jrue not getting enough run.

Agreed. He stayed big, Dalembert got heavy minutes, AI3 got extra burn and earned it. Willie over Jrue was dumb and he's an incredible prick to the media, but oh well.

johnrosz on Jan 29 at 21:43

That press conference was classic. "Our interior defense was PHENOMENAL tonight" Then local radio guy Paul Jolevitz(One of the only guys in this town who actually has a clue, ton of respect for him) follows up by asking "Eddie, you said your interior d was phenomenal yet you were outscored 42-32..." EJ cuts him off, says "its all about effort, if you don't see that, then you don't know basketball"

Rich reply to johnrosz on Jan 29 at 21:46

Jolly has no clue about anything. I actually thought their interior D was pretty good. That is the best front line in the league and EB and Sammy (the only people he praised) played hard, really hard. Thad has no chance against those guys. Also, what does their scoring (42-32) have to do with interior defense? Jolly has no clue, EJ has one thing right.

Now let's fire him.

johnrosz reply to Rich on Jan 29 at 21:52

not sure how you can say jolly is clueless...in the realm of 610 wip reactionary fools he's head and shoulders above the rest of that world. You can't go out and say anything is phenomenal when you a) lose a game that you didn't have much chance to win and b) have a .333 winning percentage this year.

The only reason this game wasn't a drubbing was because AI got in the wayback machine...

Rich reply to johnrosz on Jan 29 at 22:02

OK, but what does the Sixers scoring 32 points (his main point because the Sixers were outscored by 10) have to do with 'interior defense?' Did you not think that EB and Sammy (a quiet 10-12-4 effort), who were the two guys he praised, didn't play very well tonight on that end of the floor? Odom-Gasol-Artest-Bynum average over 50 a game which doesn't even get into what happens when Kobe plays the 3.

The only guys that I even bother with on WIP are Macnow and Gargano and I guess Ike with football. Jolly actually is clueless IMO but we all have our biases with radio guys. The morning and afternoon guys are the worst, and at least he doesn't have a big head like them.

johnrosz reply to Rich on Jan 29 at 22:07

I have issue with the fact that he didn't let Jolly finish his question. The interior D was solid in the 4th I'd agree, but in the first half I'm not sure id say it was phenomenal...Allowed some bad offensive rebounds, including the one that ended the half. Andy Reid has sort of earned the right to be somewhat stoic with media relations, he has a winning record. EJ is a career loser, the last thing he should be doing is coming off like a genuine asshole. Let the guy finish his question, maybe Jolly had more to say...

Rich reply to johnrosz on Jan 29 at 22:15

Yeah, he's an asshole and should have let him finish, but I don't know what else he would have said to be honest. I don't like to defend Jordan, but the first quarter was great defensively all around with 19 points and Artest carried the load. The 2nd quarter was the bad one, but EJ only praised Sam and Elton, and the 2nd quarter was when Thad, Lou, Willie, and Speights played a lot which also kills your defense everywhere because they are all below average defenders.

johnrosz on Jan 29 at 21:48

When Eddie Jordan is an asshole, it really doesn't help his cause. He is clueless as a coach, nobody will feel bad for him when he gets canned because he comes off like a genuine prick.

08:44 minutes for the kid who has been told he would be "starting point guard" this year.I wonder how Lou feels right now.

johnrosz reply to Levent on Jan 29 at 21:57

It sucks for him but honestly, they gave him a chance to keep his job and he makes no commitment to defend. He doesn't facilitate well enough to be a starting PG, and his shot selection is questionable at best. If he isn't scoring, he does nothing else for you. One of the only things in this mess I'm happy about is that Lou is being punished for his embarrassing defense

Levent reply to johnrosz on Jan 29 at 22:00

I agree.He does not deserve to be a starter.I don't think he will ever be a starter.He's more like a "comes in with the second unit and scores while other talentless ones defend".To name a few,JR Smith,Jamal Crawford.He's not even close to them though.

johnrosz reply to Levent on Jan 29 at 22:03

yeah, i don't know if lou will ever be an elite sixth man, most of those guys have lights out jumpers, or an ability to find their stroke quickly. he certainly doesn't have that, falling backwards when hes shooting doesn't help...

bebopdeluxe reply to johnrosz on Jan 29 at 22:25

He could be Jason Terry if his jumper was more consistent and he gave a shit about defense.

Iggy making it easy to get traded. Hope its just the ankle...'cause if it's not, he ain't showing me much sack right now. I can understand that he's frustrated about things right now, but the other guys out on the floor were playing their asses off tonight (Brand in particular), and Iggy didn't come close to matching their intensity, IMO. I remember that game in Cleveland three years ago where Iguodala outplayed LeBron in double OT...and I have been expecting great things ever since. I wonder if it can happen here.

johnrosz reply to bebopdeluxe on Jan 29 at 22:33

This franchise needs a major shakeup, I'll take anything at this point. Ideally, the team should be sold to somebody that legitimately cares about winning. Short of that, rumors are swirling that Larry Brown and George Karl won't be back with their respective teams next year. Clean house, hire a gm competent gm and make a run at one of those guys. Of course, that won't happen because Snider is just going to continue making a mockery of our once storied franchise...

eddies' heady's reply to bebopdeluxe on Jan 30 at 0:15

Thank goodness someone else sees that Iggy has an invisible sack and questionable heart. I said it yesterday, there's some ego-bruising taking place.

I remember that CLE game too and one or two more since then vs. them when he looked other-worldly.

But in agreeance with you, I stated this yesterday too - because of the glimpses I have seen in games like those, and the lack of in most others (playing down to competition), I saw no innate quality to lead us in good or bad times. And with DiLeo and Miller, times were fairly good but he didn't stand out and now that they're bad he doesn't stand out either, but IT does.

And I shouldn't have to define what IT is.

bebopdeluxe reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 30 at 1:08

I'm not going as far as you are with Iguodala - I think that when his head is on straight, he can help your team in SO many ways...and he doesn't HAVE to hit that dagger shot in the guts of the game every night to be on MY team.

I just wish he was playing with a "fuck you, Ed, Edd and Eddy" attitude. It's one thing when you are playing a back-to-back with the Pacers...but it's another when the world champs are in your house and Brand and AI are playing their hearts out.

Yo, Iggy...Kobe swithched OFF of you in the 4th quarter to guard Iverson. What does THAT say?

eddies' heady's reply to bebopdeluxe on Jan 30 at 1:24

"I just wish he was playing with a "fuck you, Ed, Edd and Eddy" attitude."

Without dissecting or overanalyzing my thoughts on Iguodala, right or wrong they may be, this statement is more than a mouthful. And kind of supports the lack-the-sack theory.

"I think that when his head is on straight, he can help your team in SO many ways.."

But see, that right there, that is the problem...you said WHEN his head is on straight. For that kind of money and the team-needs he can provide, that can't happen on just a 'when' basis. Any excuse in the book doesn't excuse that not happening on 'nightly' basis. When shouldn't even be a factor here, irrespective of dislikes on whatever levels.

johnrosz on Jan 29 at 22:20

I'm only 21 but I think Eddie Jordan is the single worst coach I've ever seen in my entire life as a Philly sports fan, hands down. I know people speak woefully about John Lucas and Johnny Davis...but it couldn't possibly have been this bad. I think they had far less talented squads. People tear rich cotite apart with the birds, but even he took a team to the playoffs... Francona was a horrible manager, but his 2 world series rings put that criticism to rest.

Vaughn reply to johnrosz on Jan 30 at 2:37

Yeah, you might be too young to remember Rich Kotite coaching the Eagles. That's the only time we've seen a more incompetent coach.

Missed the game but how does Willie Green get 22 minutes tonight while Holiday gets just 17 and Williams only got 9?

JohnEMagee reply to MG on Jan 29 at 22:40

The same reason Willie Green gets too many minutes every night?

MG77 reply to JohnEMagee on Jan 29 at 23:01

Yeah I know it is Jordan and he is incredibly inconsistent with his substitutions/rotations but look at Willie's PT this month, it has been erratic and all over the place:

I wanted to take this opportunity to wish Coach Eddie Jordan a Happy 55th Birthday.

I'm sure you are all with me in hoping he gets to celebrate with a nice extended vacation with all expenses for the next 2+ years courtesy of Comcast.

Seriously, the man deserves it!

I enjoyed the mini AI/Kobe duel, but for me this is the most interesting stat:

Holiday+Thad+Speights+Lou= 55 total minutes (average of 14 minutes per key player 23 and under.)

Good to see the team has its priorities straight. You can criticize each of them and say how they need to "earn" more minutes. But this team is going nowhere, and if they are supposedly building around a young core they have an odd way of showing it.

Stupid Rumor From Yahoo:

League executives list Phoenix forward Amar’e Stoudemire and Philadelphia 76ers swingman Andre Iguodala(notes) among the biggest names most likely to be moved before the trade deadline – and there’s even a chance they might be dealt for each other. If the cost-cutting Sixers did such a deal, they could try to use Stoudemire in a sign-and-trade during the offseason and not re-sign him. …

JohnEMagee reply to zig on Jan 30 at 11:14

STupid rumor from yahoo that has been floated by numerous other sources...