Lopez kills us everytime. seems he owns Sammy just like Bynum. Lee is solid. Yi is no longer a bust. Deivin Harris can blow by almost all our guards. dont want to be cynical but it seems the stage is set. all is left is for the Sixers to deliver another disappointment. i think the Nets are not as bad as their record indicates. teams like that are scary.

will report back at 2100 hrs. bad news or good news if we win or lose??

JohnEMagee reply to jkay on Jan 31 at 16:38

Devin Harris probably isn't playing.

Maybe this is the game where the players "give up" on the coach?

BTW, anyone watch Turner today? He is the most NBA ready 6'7 guy I've seen since Brandon Roy. Has great control over the game. Is their PG, best scorer, best rebounder and a good wing defender. He will step right in next year and play art a high level. I'm just not sure what position. I'm guessing a Brandon Roy role, but he could seriously play PG.

JohnEMagee reply to tk76 on Jan 31 at 16:39

Missed the first half (farmers market), and early in the second half CBS switched over to Florida Tenn, so didn't see much :)

He was dominant. Played PG, had 7 assists and 9-11 shooting, 3 steals all early in the 2nd half. By that time the game was over.

I hope Brian makes a statement at the game tonight. Would be wonderful to see him on TV!

I hate to say this, but I am rooting for the Nets to win tonight. And, if they do, hopefully this will be the biggest win for our beloved 76ers as this should be the final nail in the coffin of Jordan (and Stefanski???).

I am not as down on Stefanski as many are but this Jordan guy has to go. So go Nets and get this win tonight for us 76er's fans!

If the Sixers lose in embarrassing fashion (say 10+ pts), do you think this gets Eddie Jordan's ticket punched out of town?

JohnEMagee on Jan 31 at 17:05

Shame this shirt wasn't ready yet

Hate to say it but I am hoping the Sixers lose every game until the coach is fired.

I think CDR's a pretty decent player.

JohnEMagee reply to Tray on Jan 31 at 17:57

So does he - at least according to his twitter

Tom Moore on Jan 31 at 18:18

Blogged about Lou Williams' pregame comments and NY Daily News rumor about possible Sixers changes:

eddies' heady's on Jan 31 at 18:28

Just saw the guy with the red Sixers shirt on with the shaved head on the Jrue attempt at a layup that got blocked. Camera panned as the players walked on the baseline before taking the ball out again.

At least Devin Harris can't shoot the game winning heave this year. So if they lose tonight it's the Brian jinx.

God I truly hope they lose this game.

Go Nets go.

eddies' heady's on Jan 31 at 18:41

Absolute torrid shooting by the Nets so far. They can't keep this up, I don't think.

Does rod carney even care? nobody looks like they want to be playing basketball.

This rotation in the first half is, um, bizarre.

Like, even more bizarre than usual, which is saying something.

It's like pee-wee ball. Play everyone a few minutes.

anytime you can put Carney at the 4, you have to do it.

I can see why these Nets never win. The Sixers look like crap, but the Nets looks worse than a college team. Without Harris they might never win.

the starters look so uninterested

eddies' heady's reply to Tyler on Jan 31 at 19:17

understatement

JohnEMagee on Jan 31 at 19:10

Full text of what Lou Said pregame

ItAintEZ on Jan 31 at 19:21

well lou bitched about his playing time and now he starts the second half. Way to stand your ground coach.

ItAintEZ on Jan 31 at 19:24

Lou getting lit up by Dooling

Tom Moore on Jan 31 at 19:47

Holiday shooting 9-for-27 in six games since becoming a starter. Looks like he won't play in second half. Williams played most minutes of any Sixer (15) in first half.

JohnEMagee reply to Tom Moore on Jan 31 at 19:53

Can you ask Joran postgame if this means that the 'start jrue' experiment is over - love to put him on the spot.

Jrue isn't going to be good this year - he needs minutes to get better and this team stinks

Joran is an idiot

Tray reply to JohnEMagee on Jan 31 at 20:05

Now how are we going to go uptown if we start playing our rookies willy-nilly? As we all know it takes 65 games to learn the Princeton offense. Give the team some time to get acclimated to the system!

This is like watching the first game of the preseason. Else like a bizarre futility dream. Not sure which team is less interested in winning.

It's hard to believe Jarvis Hayes has hung on this long. He's a league-average three-point shooter, and that's the only thing he does even sort of well.

JohnEMagee reply to Tray on Jan 31 at 20:04

Which would make him the best 3 point shooter on the sixers?

Tray reply to JohnEMagee on Jan 31 at 20:08

Not this year, he's only shooting 17%. And still taking 3 a game. Eddie would like him.

one of the worst game i have ever seen in my life

We just narrowly averted winning the record for team to score fewest points against the Nets this year. Charlotte scored just 79 in a very early loss.

EB in on John Wall sweepstakes I tell ya.

Tray reply to CB on Jan 31 at 20:24

Detroit has a shot at beating Orlando. Minnesota's in a close game with New York. Indiana allowed the Raptors to shoot 60%. They could be tough to fend off.

bebopdeluxe on Jan 31 at 20:31

Damn...they won.

i caught myself actively rooting for the nets tonight..i just can't stand the way things are right now. we BARELY beat the 4-42 nets tonight without their starting pg it's fucking pathetic. i hate watching wins like this because they seriously do no good at all.

johnrosz on Jan 31 at 20:34

I think I've reached an all time low as a sixers fan...This was by far the most putrid, uninspired game of basketball I have ever seen. This franchise is never going anywhere...Loved the shot of AI on the bench after the Sixers clinched the game, shaking his head in disgust, head in his lap. Sums it all up pretty well for me.

Congratulations. A win to be proud of. they really go after it. Uptown!

BTW, this was the unit EJ chose to ride, ages in ():

AI (34)
Green (28)
Iguodala (26)
Brand (31)
Sam (28)

Way to develop those young guys coach! But we beat the Nets, so Benching Jrue was worth it.

johnrosz reply to tk76 on Jan 31 at 20:43

I mean, hes trying to save his job. If you were gonna get fired, you'd play willie green too if you thought it gave you the best chance to win. That's why I can't stand the fact that he's still here, his motives are completely short-sighted. Get the interim guy in here and let the kids play.

Comcast could care less about the rteam of the fans.

To them they are a lost cause. They will try and save as much money as possible.

That means:

-no new coach (because they are paying EJ for 2 more years.)
-Trade away Iguodala and Sam in an attempt to save money in salaries without actually creating much cap space.

johnrosz reply to tk76 on Jan 31 at 21:01

The only way for me to stomach the Iggy trade is if Brand is off the books as well...I'm fully confident that Stefanski will botch the Iggy trade, even though their appears to be a small bidding war brewing for his services. The Sixers are always 2 or 3 years away from being 2 or 3 years away. When is this gonna end?

When we get a GM who does not try and take short cuts to success.

You don't commit 180M in one summer to a team without a superstar. Its a sure-fire recipe for making sure you won't contend for at least 5 years.

You identify your teams engine and then build around them. Whether it is Ai of Barkley or Dr.J. Then you make moves later to close the deal. You don't go out there and say "we are going to do it like the Pistons and win with a collection of good players."

Tray reply to johnrosz on Jan 31 at 21:10

Is there really a bidding war? From the reporting it sounds more like we're shoving him in GMs' faces and they're not too sure if they want him or not.

johnrosz reply to Tray on Jan 31 at 21:30

If you told me a few months ago that 4 or 5 teams would be interested in acquiring Iggy and the remainder of his contract....I would have been shocked. I guess that's where I'm coming from, bidding war is probably an overstatement.

Tray reply to johnrosz on Jan 31 at 21:40

Oh, I don't know. He's a very good player in his way, any team looking to go over the top would be thrilled to get him. I'm not sure exactly why Houston or Portland would be interested, but Cleveland and Dallas make sense. Well... maybe not Cleveland, their issue to me is a lack of a second scorer, preferably a stretch forward type, and frankly, I don't even know that Iguodala's as good of a scorer as Mo Williams. They ought to be bringing in Jamison or Troy Murphy or David West, if N.O. is willing to deal him.

JohnEMagee reply to Tray on Jan 31 at 22:04

Yes, when ric bucher says clevelands out because phoenix dallas and portland can offer better deals, that's shoving iguodala at teams, additionally, when the Cleveland beat writer talks about how Iguodala is in play for them if a deal can be made that works for both teams, that's shoving him in teams faces.

I understand that most of the fans have turned on Iguodala, but he has value around the league and would make most contending teams better

Tray reply to JohnEMagee on Jan 31 at 23:42

I agree that he has value, lots of it, though I don't know how he makes CLE better, but (a) some teams have sounded a little reluctant or unsure in the rumors we've been hearing, and (b) you can't deny that we're the ones who started the Iguodala trade talk. It's not like teams came to us seeking Iguodala and we finally gave in, it's more like we, for whatever reason, are somewhat desperately shopping the guy and some of the teams to which we've shopped him have shown interest.

So Andre Iguodala isn't an upgrade over the 46 minutes/game Jamario Moon and Anthony Parker are playing for Cleveland right now on the wing? Come on, man.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Feb 1 at 10:45

Come on man - do you see how good those guys are - on any other roster they're team leaders, we all know iguodala isn't even good enough to be fourth banana

Duracorr reply to tk76 on Jan 31 at 21:08

I wonder if the money is really important to Comcast and the Roberts brothers. Most team owners own teams for the bragging rights, and therefore want to win. I suspect the losses they are sustaining with the Sixers are insignificant They made $3 billion through 3 quarters. If the Sixers lose $20-30 million, that would get lost on their earnings statement.

Does anyone know how the Roberts brothers feel about the team and how it is being run? Do they ever attend any games?

They have been willing to go way over the cap when the team is percieved as having a shot.

But like 90% of owners they don't want to throw away good money after bad when the team stinks.

And with their attendance they might be losing a whole lot more than a few million.

Keep in mind, 3M over the tax next year costs the owners 10M:

3M + 3M in tax + 4M in lost shared revenue (that goes only to teams under the tax.)

JohnEMagee reply to Duracorr on Jan 31 at 22:06

Any owner answerable to share holders isn't going to care about winning as much as the bottom line. The best run teams in professional sports, the winning teams, how many of them are owned by corporations versus individuals?

Duracorr reply to JohnEMagee on Jan 31 at 22:17

However, Brian Roberts controls 33% of the stock. That is enough to give him complete control. The teams are also held to provide programming. If they could build the Sixers back into an NBA power, they could market their games nationally. I believe Comcast will behave as a deep pocket owner.

And better news. Only 1/2 game out of the 8th pick. Win or go home!

eddies' heady's on Jan 31 at 20:49

So, which game was more absurd and lacking of effort?

The MIL debacle or tonight vs. Nets?

Or can they be tied somehow?

These damn players don't represent anything near the storied history this franchise once possessed I watched while growing up.

It's just tough to watch members of my favorite team come out and, when the level of competition is low, just waltz through an actual game like they are hoping after it is over Kenny Smith will display his GONE FISHIN sign.

Where's the Friday night LAL effort (from a few)? The Friday before vs DAL effort? And this play up or down to the competition didn't just rear it's head this year.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 31 at 23:04

"Just like I've been saying, we can't play against world champions the way we did and then come in here and play against a team that's only won four games and be in a nail-biter," said Iverson, referring to Friday night's 99-91 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. "It's a frustrating thing. The only thing positive you can take from it - and the most important - is that we won."

Exactly Allen. Your first sentence is deafening.

3-19 shooting in the 4th quarter?

Has anyone lit the firecracker yet?...Not a bottle rocket, but a M-80...

johnrosz on Jan 31 at 20:52

At least spring training starts soon...

GO PHILLIES!

First game I wasn't able to catch all year. Sounded like it was terrible, this was a win that EJ can hang his hat on.

Vintage EJ.

Only 37 minutes COMBINED to Jrue, Thad and Speights.

Because beating the Nets counts for something. And developing our young players does not.

Duracorr reply to tk76 on Jan 31 at 22:06

Did you notice NJ was playing their young players? Our vets barely beat their young guys.

Duracorr reply to Rich on Jan 31 at 21:20

This was truly a disappointing win. They played poorly enough to lose, but NJ is really terrible. If I was the owner, I'd fire Joran just for having to work to barely beat the Nets.

first time i ever actually rooted for the sixers. it was the worst display of basketball I've ever seen and if I wasn't sick as a dog I would've turned that shit off. Actually fell asleep for the third quarter.