Midterm Exam

They should put Thad on Bargs. That would be a good match-up IMO (if Thad does not over-help off his man.)

JohnEMagee reply to tk76 on Feb 10 at 17:42

And the sixers 'luck' continues.

No Hedo tonight

I don't think the sixers have a chance of pulling it out tonight. I think that their 5 game winning streak ends in Toronto. The Raptors are just unstoppable at home right now (19-6) and I don't see a let-up on their end heading into the all-star break.

I highly doubt we can steal this win with them being so dominant on their home court. % out of 6 ain't bad though.

6 in a row! We are going to win every game from here on out. EDDIE JORRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

excuse my language, but FUCK hedo turkoglu. i was at game 4 last year, and that should be enough said.

Ditto.

scott reply to Tyler on Feb 10 at 19:05

I absolutely agree with you 100%.

Looks like Sonny Weems is going to have to get shut down by Iguodala instead of Hedo.

Not a huge crowd in Toronto tonight.

Looks decent to me, actually. Considering they're playing the sixers.

Jrue with the quick 20-footer. Good. (hate that shot, though)

Too many points inside.

Wow, nice drive and dish by Jrue.

The Raptors may have the worst interior defense in the league.

Oh look, we're trading baskets.

Another nice find of Sammy D by Jrue. Dunk.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 19:18

Man good look Jrue.

Willie is on his game lately and right now.

Daaamn what a block

Good thing Dalembert won't be protecting the rim during the dunk contest. Take a seat, kid.

Jrue's on his game early. Gotta make the most of your limited minutes.

The Raptors love this soft, high scoring type of game though.

Man, that was a BS whistle on Sammy.

Jrue is really using his dribble to set guys up.

I really like Jrue's game so much. It is astounding having a 19-year-old who can D like this and have natural point guard skills. I am so glad he fell to us @ #17. DeJuan Blair and Jrue Holiday will turn out to be the steals of the 2009 draft.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 19:28

EB looks to have something on his hands tonight with Bargs. Bargs is d-ing him up and posting him on the other end too.

And Jrue's out, obviously.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 19:31

Our transition D is suffering right now. Causing all these points in the paint.

2 points, 5 dimes, 1 board, 1 steal, 1 turnover. Get Lou in there!

Calderon's torturing Lou now.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 19:33

Damn, put J Smith in the game. Three lobs for dunks for TOR.

JohnEMagee reply to eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 19:34

How will smith help with that?

It doesn't help when your on-the-ball defender is playing 10 feet off Jose Calderon because he can't hang with him on the drive. Pitiful end to the first.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 19:37

See those replays. Lou wasn't really at fault for those. It was the back line of defense.

I'll give you one of them, maybe. Though Lou's weak shit defense causes a lot of problems. The other two were his fault, and the Calderon cake walk to the rim with 3 seconds left was definitely his fault.

JohnEMagee reply to eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 19:36

How will smith help with that?

Sick D, Lou. Just sick.

Six point lead for Toronto, 10-2 run after Jordan went to the Green/Lou back court.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 19:35

2 of those lobs that Calderon threw looked to be EB's fault. He looked confused as to what or who he should be guarding.

Good work, Lou.

Kapono in for defense. Sick.

Smith picking up where he left off. Kapono in the game for some reason.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 19:37

And J Smith in and has a poke away and leads to steal and run out but a foul.

Lou's best defense against Calderon may be drawing fouls on the Spaniard. Hahaha

It's turned into the Willie Show.

Eddie Jordan's love affair with Willie Green is kind of annoying.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 19:40

Anyone want to get back on transition D tonight?

Does our coach just randomly pick players to put into the game?!!!! WTF!!! What are the chances that EJ has a set rotation by the end of the season? I seriously think it's got to be like 1%!!!!????!?

Tom Moore on Feb 10 at 19:42

Looks like Speights is out of the rotation again.

Tom, is Carney available tonight?

JohnEMagee reply to Tom Moore on Feb 10 at 19:49

If it's for not playing defense - good

I think in Eddie Jordan's fantasies every NBA game is like the all-star game where teams will score 70 at the half and past 120 points for the game.

May actually happen in this one.

Sammy at the scorer's table.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 19:45

Sheesh, how many of their 37 pts are in the paint? 25?

Honestly, what happens to Lou's mind when he's standing there allowing everyone to go around him? He looks alert when his man is stationary.

i can't believe they are actually cheering for reggie evans

Whats with the "Reggie" chants? He hasn't played a minute for them. Seems weird.

Alvin reply to scott on Feb 10 at 19:53

Well he has now. I think they're chanting for Reggie cause they're glad they got rid of Kapono

Note that all this started when Jrue went out of the game, and Lou came in.

Obviously it's coincidental.

Thad guarding Bosh. Who would've guessed that wasn't going to end well?

HOLY SHIT! Did you see that block by Jrue?

Alvin reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 19:54

Who cares about defense??? *flashes braces

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 19:52

We're missing a lot of open shots tonight that were falling last night.

Tell me I just say Kapono get a steal? Wow

Any reason Kapono is still on the floor?

Jrue is killing Toronto, absolutely killing them.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 19:52

I'd rather see Willie taking a open three than Kapono. Heh

Fuck Willie, that hit you right in the hands.

You see now the Toronto front office look like genius, they got the nuisance Reggie Evans for Jason Kapono, and also shed about 1mill in salary in the process.

Jrue can't do this all by himself, great to see him playing like this though. Now if he can get the minutes he deserves, we could be looking at the first career double-double.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 19:57

Too many turnovers for a half. Got to clean that up.

Listening to the Toronto announcers hopefully anticipate a made layup from Evans is laughable. Well, Kapono might be more useless.

Jrue has been great.

Zone, huh?

Just one possession, though, back to man now.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 20:00

Jrue, you might want to guard him you know.

He actually recovered and made him miss the shot. Had Willie put a body on his man, that's an empty possession for TOR.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 20:11

I know, he got lucky when Jack missed the layup and if Willie had just boxed out DeRozan on that throw down rebound.

Correction, the Sixers may have the softest interior defense in the league. Or at least they're playing like it tonight.

Alvin reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 20:03

How that is the case when you got Dalembert and Brand is quite mystifying.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 20:02

We've attempted 8 three's and them 3...shouldn't that be reversed?

Down 9 at the half. With Jrue on the Floor, Sixers lead 31-28. With Jrue on the bench Sixers trailing 10-22. That is in no way, shape or form a coincidence. Jrue has been the best Sixer on the floor so far.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 20:06

What are those same numbers when Sam went out?

Even when he was in early, their first 10 pts were still in the paint so it may not be as much as I'm thinking.

W/ Sam: 31-35. W/out Sam: 10-15.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 20:05

I wish we had Reggie Evans still, instead of Kapono. And after watching the few minutes each played in that first half that's not an overstatement.

Colangelo whipped Stefanski on that one - with his pants pulled down.

I think it was a lateral move. Reggie will give you an inspired performance once in awhile, but come on, he just fouls and misses layups. He stinks.

Reggie ran around like a chicken with its head cut off for a couple minutes, and essentially did nothing in terms of winning or losing. He's not a good player, and rarely has a positive impact on a game. Though that's head and shoulders above what Kapono has done for the Sixers.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 20:09

And your last sentence is exactly why I said what i did.

JohnEMagee reply to eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 20:37

They both suck - the limination of evans 'unblocked' speights a bit

Jrue is plus 3, Lou is minus 11.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Feb 10 at 20:07

Andre is -9. That stat just has too many variables.

My bad Thad is minus 11.

Alvin reply to Rich on Feb 10 at 20:08

coincidence

Jrue should really play 20 minutes in the second half here. He's going to have to if they're going to have a chance to win, and he's going to have to play 20 minutes at the same level he played his first 14.

I believe we saw the real Eddie Jordan this first half. Willie extended minutes while not shooting that good or playing d.

Ivey in for Brand to start the second half. Wow.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 20:38

So wait

he started

Jrue
Willie
Ivey
Iguodala
Dalembert?

Wow - that's terrible - even for Eie Joran

Yup. Then he yanked Sam for Speights.

Then he yanked Jrue for Lou.

Is Brand hurt? Anyone watching the Philly broadcast?

No, he is fine.

i haven't stopped laughing since the beginning of the half.

I want to roast Jordan for this move BUT we are not getting any calls inside on our drives. Jrue has been fouled every drive so good thought but bad, typical execution?

What the hell is going on?

Seriously. What the hell am I watching?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 20:26

A group of guys who already want to be at Cowboys Stadium. Or if not, they want to go play in the snow.

Looks like a group of guys who have no business being on the floor to me. Iguodala at the four?

If he had such a good feeling about Ivey, why didn't he play him one second in the first half when Calderon was bitch slapping Lou?

EFJ going with the "I dare you to fire me" lineup.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 20:25

I'm glad he's shaking up the lineup looking for a spark because the starter have pretty much been listless sans Jrue.

EB only had ONE board in the first half. Willie had two. ouch

Try again. Starting lineup was even 20-20, in the first half. It was his shitty second unit that got ass raped.

Correct, 100%. Idiot Jordan. Going by that tingily feeling again!

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 20:30

First half? What about that 9-0 run they allowed in just a few minutes to start the 2nd? That's what I was referring to. And it my thought wasn't about the even score. It was about the points in the paint they gave up to start the game - 10 straight.

You make it sound like any of the reserves have done any better defending the paint.

eddies' heady's reply to Alvin on Feb 10 at 20:38

No, I make it sound like the guy is looking for anyone, someone to actually show up tonight. Nowhere did I say the bench was stepping up, my initial statement was the starters were listless. What that has to do with a score being even, I don't know.

EB with one board in 17, Andre with no assists, no transition D from anyone and so on.

Uh, to start the second quarter it was Jason Smith, Thad Young, Jason Kapono, Willie Green and Lou Williams. If you're talking about the second half it was Sam, Iguodala, Willie, Ivey and Jrue.

Neither of those is your starting lineup, they're both Eddie Jordan special lineups and they're also the main reason we're in this hole (this game and the season).

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 20:40

I was referring to the second half 9-0 run to start.

Oh, so the run when he had Iguodala at the four and Willie at the three. Yeah, that's the "starters'" fault. My bad.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 20:47

It doesn't matter who was announced at the beginning. Those are the players he put out there to start the second half and they didn't bring it, hence why he pulled Sam so quick and put in Speights and he pulled someone else too on the sub when Speights came in.

I don't care who you are, your ass gets put in the game and look lethargic, you are to blame. Everyone of 'em.

JohnEMagee reply to eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 20:42

The second half 9-0 run to start that had Royal Ivey instead of Elton Brand?

this game has become a highlight reel for the raps.

10th dunk of the night for TOR. Followed by a +1 on a silly foul by Speights.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 20:28

Lou you're swell. You get blown by for a layup and then throw a backdoor pass to no one. Oh, you threw it straight to TOR.

Ok. I am watching the Flyers game. Sorry folks but when Jordan took out Jrue, the only good player tonight, that is the end. Please fire Jordan before I .......

I'm signing out of the this game. I deal with mental illness enough at work. EJ is astounding. I'll give him that.

Continuation? No way. He was fouled on the fucking catch.

TheAnswerAI on Feb 10 at 20:37

go to hell EJ and take Lou with you

Brian, I think we have failed the Mid Term Exam with a big fat F!

has elton played at all this quarter?

JohnEMagee reply to zig on Feb 10 at 20:43

Not that I've heard.

Hurt or not - it's not relevant.

Let's think about who makes more sense to start in place of brand instead of royal ivey

Speights
Smith
Young
Brezec
A one legged Elton Brand
Umm...Reggie Evans?

EB just checked in.

Lou is so good at trading baskets. It's like his specialty. No wonder Jordan loves him so much.

Why is Brand in the game? Why would you play your second best player? Why would you play without 3 guards on the floor? Why did I think we were turning a corner even with Eddie Jordan on the bench?

JohnEMagee reply to Jesse on Feb 10 at 20:47

For the same reason the sixers thought they were 'turning a corner' the past two off seasons just because they got waxed in the first round of the playoffs...it happens...

I thought it had more to due to a lack of Iverson, playing weaker and injured teams, than Joran...that was just coincidence

johnrosz reply to Jesse on Feb 10 at 20:54

Still wanna rip me for saying Eltons gonna have more bad games than good?

Jesse reply to johnrosz on Feb 10 at 21:00

OK it's now clear you have no idea what sarcasm is. Brand is playing well. Eddie Jordan didn't start him in the second half. My questions (except the last one) were completely sarcastic.

This was very hard to write without including numerous insults.

johnrosz reply to Jesse on Feb 10 at 21:07

Elton didn't deserve to start the 2nd half. He doesn't have his legs tonight. I don't see how you can say Elton is playing well...at all. When someone has a contrary opinion to yours, insults aren't in order, i'm glad you don't feel the need to use them, although you do feel the need to make mention that i am deserving of them.

Alvin reply to johnrosz on Feb 10 at 21:10

This is me, probably one of the most pro-Brand posters here, saying that Brand is having a God-awful game.

As for your claim that Brand has more bad games than good.. I vehemently disagree.

johnrosz reply to Alvin on Feb 10 at 21:14

I'm comparing his performance to his PHILLY MAX when i evaluate him...Does he have some "nice" games? Sure.He just isn't what we paid him to be? Not really his fault that he signed the deal, but I don't feel hes above criticism. He can't even rebound anymore guys...

Down 15 heading into the fourth. May as well dust off Primoz and trot him out there.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 20:49

I'd play Jrue the entire fourth just to see what he can do and how he handles it.

Of course, I'd play Jrue 30 MPG every day for the rest of the season.

But I'm not the douchtacular Eie Joran

I'm the douchetastic John Edwin Magee :)

zig reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 20:49

or he can just not trot out jrue. that would be just as good right?

10 assists, 14 turnovers.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 20:56

And 12 of 'em by the starters, 6 by Jrue and Andre, 3 a piece.

It's nice to see Jason Smith playing well at least.

It's funny watching Eddie Jordan get animated on the bench.

JohnEMagee on Feb 10 at 20:54

Ugly Bags of Water

That's the sixers new nickname

JohnEMagee on Feb 10 at 20:54

The nets are going all 'eddie' on the world

Want to coach the Nets for a day? Do that x’s and o’s thing with John Loyer? Tell CDR he’s not playing? Set the snooze alarm for TWill or maybe even concoct a secret deal with Del Harris? Here’s your chance! Zappo’s, a Nets sponsor, is running a nationwide contest: “Do you want to be a coach for a day?” Winner and guest “will be whisked off to New Jersey…to rub elbows with Kiki Vandeweghe”. Really…it’s true

Well it seems to me that one of Eddie's funny lineups has actually come close to getting us back in the game.

Sixers playing halfway decent since Brand checked in. I honestly think Eddie Jordan knows less about basketball than a junior high school point guard.

johnrosz reply to Jesse on Feb 10 at 21:01

Has more to do with Smith's energy and a scoring burst from Lou...Eltons playing his worst game of the season.

Jesse reply to johnrosz on Feb 10 at 21:12

You haven't watched a single minute of this game. That, or you are Eddie Jordan.

johnrosz reply to Jesse on Feb 10 at 21:16

I'd like to request that you stop asserting that I'm not watching the games. I'm sure youll find that you are ALONE on this thread in saying that EB had a good game.

Jesse reply to johnrosz on Feb 10 at 21:19

Ok ok you're right. I'd just like to point out two things. It was a 20 point game when Brand checked in. It is now a 2 point game. Brand is not having a great offensive game. However, defense is how the Sixers have gotten back in this game.

bdownbear on Feb 10 at 20:58

Is it me or are you worried about Speights knees. There's something suspiscious about his knees and I think this franchise knows about it. Maybe thats why the limited minutes for him?

JohnEMagee reply to bdownbear on Feb 10 at 20:59

I think it has to do with his piss poor defense and stefanski laying down the law

Smith is all over the floor. I wish I cared more.

Smith is hurt. Get Primoz in there.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 21:10

Whew, Iggy and EB are having terrible games tonight.

JohnEMagee reply to eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 21:11

Lou Williams and Willie Green usually have terrible games.

Maybe it's those trade rumors upsetting him again. How dare we think of dealing him after all the first round serieses he's led us to.

JohnEMagee reply to Tray on Feb 10 at 21:15

Raise your hand if you've never had a bad day at work

Or had unrealistic expectations put on you by your boss - let alone uninformed folks who are mostly jealous of how much money you make?

Tray reply to JohnEMagee on Feb 10 at 21:24

I'm a law student. The only real job I've had is running my parents' internet business for them, and I actually have to say that I've never had a bad day. It's a detail-intensive job, and I'm a detail nut. As for Iguodala, of course players are entitled to play bad games; I happen to think, however, that (a) he has more bad games than a player held in such high esteem by some, and paid so much, should, and that (b) the excuses made for him are a little silly at times. If I were Iguodala I'd be happy to be traded, at least from a basketball perspective anyway.

johnrosz reply to JohnEMagee on Feb 10 at 21:27

Elton is making MAX money, youre damn right im going to blame him when hes underachieving. It's nothing personal, I'm sure hes a great guy, but hes not earning his paycheck in the eyes of a lot of fans.

He's not making max money, not even close. But he isn't living up to his contract either. I'm not sure anyone is arguing that he is.

johnrosz reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 21:44

The thing is, i get killed when im critical of the guy. What reason is there to defend his play? He's not making max money, you're right, but hes the highest paid guy on the team. I'm just at a loss for why I get the feeling that people on here LOVE the roster and only want to blame Jordan. I hate Eddie Jordan, but the players need to be held accountable as well, especially Elton

eddies' heady's reply to johnrosz on Feb 10 at 22:16

Hey man, be careful coming over to the dark side while joining me.

But really, I relish it. Because until I see different from these wishy-washy, up-and-down players, I will continue to hold tight to my beginning-of-season-refrain that they are mostly at fault for this butchered season.

Very little IQ, ghostly cohesion and chemistry, and hot/cold, inconsistent effort night to night. We will let ego's go without mention.

johnrosz reply to eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 22:28

I'm just of the mindset that its not a black and white situation. Eddie Jordan is a bad coach, for sure. But the players aren't winning anything regardless of the coach. However, the team still has some very young players, im not as quick to write off Thad and Speights as i think you are. If this team is truly about to enter a rebuilding stage, we're going to need a coach that's able to get the best out of his young players...Don't think EJ really fits the bill.

I'm with you on the veterans though man, Elton and Iggy are not getting it done. I'm done with both of them. Hopefully Iggy can prosper somewhere else, make us eat our words,and prove to us that he's really as good as he thinks he is.

eddies' heady's reply to johnrosz on Feb 10 at 22:56

Keep in mind I've never said he's a good coach. I just haven't seen from the jump where they have even given him a chance. They tuned him out early and the pussyfooted efforts has to be baffling even to him.

The only one I've written off is Lou. Thad - I need another year or so on, maybe more. Speights - he's puzzling as hell. A big that can just fire away jumpers frequently doesn't offer a 'team' much. A spot minute player - yes. But to build around and consider a 'piece' - no.

Iguodala and Brand - I don't like either's money for team-building purposes. I like Brand more in the sense of he seems to communicate and attempt to lead while on the floor. His shot is more consistent of the two but he can't box-out or rebound and is lazy when contesting shots or jumpers. His defense has been overrated, on this site in particular, since the day he got here.

Iggy stuffs the stat sheet but what good is that when you lose? Not really hard to do on a bad team. Him thinking he's so good bothers me, but not as much as him thinking he has this all-world perimeter jumper.

Look at tonight as an example - the worst defensive team in the league with no shut-down guy guarding him and he fired away all damn night. He went to the line twice. A third of his shots from deep? I don't know if that's just overconfidence or headstrong or whatever. But it happens way too often for my liking.

I mean, ask yourself, who is the floor leader when this team plays? I can tell you who it isn't - Andre. For EB to show more leadership while on the court speaks volumes to me. Meaning, I will hate to see him go, but won't shed the first tear if he does leave. (On record, I don't think he's going anywhere)

johnrosz reply to eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 23:40

Completely agree about EB as a great leader and a true team guy. But wow, tonight had to make everyone cringe a little. Getting STUFFED by Bargnani, falling down untouched, turning the ball over, getting dominated on the boards by Bosh,never getting a hand up when closing out on his man(this one in particular bothers me)...Yikes...

We are all fans of a poorly run organization, I fear that only a transcendent talent can save us. Luckily, we've got a hell of a baseball team to take our minds off it.

I have never seen an offensive foul called when both players are in the air. That was ridiculous.

JohnEMagee on Feb 10 at 21:14

Would the sixers rebound better if the sixth man had less minutes than the starting center?

Nah

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 21:16

Dammit, why is EJ at fault for this spirited effort from the guys the last quarter and a half?

I mean, all the blame was heaped upon him...

(Uh-oh, open the floodgates)

Willie just fouled Calderon on a made three. That's just such a fitting way to lose this game.

Court_visioN reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 21:19

looked like a pretty BS call from what i see.

Rich reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 21:21

That looked like a really bad call.

i want to thank willie green for making the task of losing this game all the more easier

JohnEMagee on Feb 10 at 21:19

1:42 PHI - Shooting foul on W. Green
1:42 TOR - J. Calderon makes a 22-foot three-pointer from the left corner. Assist: A. Wright

Cause you need some defense on the floor - cause he's sitting his best rebounder- because again the sixers come back in SPITE of the coach not because of him

Nice play Willie. :)

Court_visioN on Feb 10 at 21:21

annnnd coming out of the timeout we get a fadeaway jumper from lou williams and it hits the side of the backboard

lol, is lou williams going to be starter from now on?

JohnEMagee on Feb 10 at 21:22

1:25 PHI - Traveling on L. Williams
1:26 PHI - Team rebound
1:27 PHI - L. Williams misses an 18-foot fade away jumper along the left baseline

Veterans baby - veterans

johnrosz on Feb 10 at 21:22

Brand come on showcase your ups here

Court_visioN on Feb 10 at 21:22

can't you sub in sammy for this situation at least?

JohnEMagee reply to Court_visioN on Feb 10 at 21:23

Sure, you could, brian could, a coach with a brain could.

But Eie Joran doesn't like to play Sam more than 20-22 MPG - it's bad for him

I think he meant sub him in for the jump ball. they couldn't do that because it was called an inadvertent whistle. brand won the jump ball over bosh anyway.

I'm not a tanking advocate, and I'm glad they lost this game. Eddie Jordan is a fucking disgrace.

Vaughn reply to JohnEMagee on Feb 10 at 21:29

"Eie" Jordan. That's funny. Also, inspired by the online petition, I have started a facebook group: Fire Eddie Jordan NOW.

Court_visioN on Feb 10 at 21:23

just kidding. can't sub in at this point apparently

Lou giveth, and Lou taketh away.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 21:25

So Willie and Lou give the game away mostly by themselves at the end.

If only the sixers had a real point guard who knew how to make good passes and play defense

Great point. Maybe we could trade Willie Green and Lou for a point Guard??????

Tray reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 21:28

At least tonight he did a great deal of giving. 26 points, 13 shots, just 2 turnovers. Of course it's against the worst defense in the league. Anyway I'm happy we're losing a game for once.

Court_visioN on Feb 10 at 21:25

man i would have paid to see Iguodala's face expression after Willie Green hit backboard on that three

eddies' heady's reply to Court_visioN on Feb 10 at 22:03

It didn't look any different than when Iggy airballed his.

can we just fire his ass, can we just fire his ass, can we?

i've just gotta say, that was hilarious

I apologize to everyone who hung in there for this entire game. No one should have to endure crap like this. No one.

I have enjoyed a competitive Flyers game tonight. tied, going into OT now.

Any guesses on EFJ's post game comments: "I don't know why Elton didn't start the second half. Royal just had it going on in the first half so I wanted to stick with that."

"Um, but Eddie, you didn't even play Royal in the first half. For some reason you gave his minutes to Kapono."

(licks braces) "Err, well. Uptown, harmony, effort, killer instinct. Never mess with another man's fries."

Tray reply to Brian on Feb 10 at 21:38

Well in fairness we played pretty well with Royal in the game, played them even anyway.

fun fact of the evening: jason kapono has not hit a 3 pointer since Dec 31st. he has 3 total since Dec 5th. 8 total since Nov 29th.

eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 21:32

We gave up 26 fast break points and 58 points in the paint.

We had 19 turnovers with 16 of those by the starters.

We attempted 22 three pointers. (only making 4)

If you can tell me how that is on the head coach, then you should have beaten Naismith to the invention.

it would be absurd to suggest it had anything to do with their defensive scheme, right?

or the 15-3 run to start the 3rd while brand was sitting on the bench. i'm sure eddie's halftime speech was inspiring though.

johnrosz reply to eddies' heady's on Feb 10 at 21:40

Going small after giving up 40 pts in the paint in the first half was INSANE...but that's not to say the Iggy/Brand aren't to blame tonight. Elton looked like he was drunk out there tonight, Vin Baker style

I think shot selection has a lot to do with the coach. Do you think it was an accident Phoenix took all those threes all those years (and this year)? Now I'll give you that we're only 21st in threes attempted this year, so that doesn't seem to speak to a coach that's pushing the three ball, but last year we were 29th with basically the same players. It's not as if Kapono's taking a lot of shots. So one coach didn't want us taking shots our players generally can't make, the other's more comfortable with it. On the season we take 16 a game so 22 isn't a wild aberration.

eddies' heady's reply to Tray on Feb 10 at 23:07

22 is a wild aberration when you are playing the worst defensive team in the league with no shot blocking presence.

if this was a midterm exam, they flunked. Iguodala just looked tired. Lou was hot but as expected couldnt deliver in the end. can you say TURNOVERS! story of the game.nice to see Jason Smith getting some burn. they didnt deserve to win this game even if they got close. sucked it up for 3 quarters.

My favorite stat of the night:

Willie Green -17
Lou -2
AI9 -21
AND
Elton +7

And who did the coach sit? Yep, you all know. What an awesome, intellegent coach we have this year!

johnrosz reply to DeanH on Feb 10 at 23:46

How much of Elton's +7 do you think had to do with him directly? I feel like Jason Smith changed the entire dynamic of the game, and they were on the floor together a lot tonight. Personally, I think this was EB's worst game of the season and he had very little effect on the game.

Not stating Brand had a good game. Stating that Willie Green had a -17 and had more minutes than Jrue.

The most unfair part of the -/+ is it does not consider the coach or the other players (as you mentioned).

bdownbear on Feb 10 at 22:07

ES, please give Larry Brown a call this off season....

Tom Moore on Feb 10 at 22:17

Williams had 14 of his game-high 26 in the fourth quarter.

Bench accounted for 53 of the Sixers' 93 points.

I'm going to start calling him Icky after this stinker...

eddies' heady's reply to Justin on Feb 10 at 23:06

Bricky might be better....

By the way, if Minnesota or Golden State gets the #1 pick, do they sit pat with Rubio and Curry and deal the pick for something? Or would that be insanity? What about Sacramento? Would they attempt to have a Wall-Evans backcourt?

JohnEMagee reply to Tray on Feb 10 at 23:08

No one passes on john wall

not even utah

Tray reply to JohnEMagee on Feb 10 at 23:14

They don't draft Turner there? The two's a huge position of need. And if you draft Wall and plan on playing him over Deron, then you'll end up trading Deron for 60 cents on the dollar. I would draft Turner or deal the pick. The pick would have immense value.

JohnEMagee reply to Tray on Feb 11 at 11:21

No - you don't pass on John Wall - you just don't

Portland passed on Jordan cause they already 'had' a player - how'd that work out?

This isn't durant and oden - Wall is seen as far and away the best NBA prospect in this draft, the only sure lock superstar...no one passes on john wall (and there have bee numerous reports from numerous sources that polled GMs and no one publicly is passing on John Wall)

You don't immediately then say you trade deron williams for 60 cents on the dollar, that's a silly jump that isn't guaranteed.

You draft John Wall

Any GM who passes on John Wall should be fired.

Heck the GM who passed on Chris Paul should be fired.

ClippersSuck on Feb 11 at 0:16

The Warriors are missing Ellis and Maggette and are still blowing out the Clippers. Why did we lose to the Clippers twice?

This is the 6ers team I came to know and love of the 09-10 version. Awful