Iguodala Gets Invite for Team USA

JohnEMagee on Feb 10 at 14:34

So the USA isn't serious about winning any more is that it?:)

I read a rumor they added him in order to trade him to the Russians for Z's expiring contract and the rights to a 20 year old 7'2 210 pound center of the future.

JohnEMagee reply to tk76 on Feb 10 at 15:00

I know it was a joke, but is Ilgauskis really russian? I always thought he was from somewhere else

Alex'D reply to JohnEMagee on Feb 10 at 15:07

I am Russian. Z is not =) He's Lituanian.

I was not sure (knew it was one of the two but was too lazy to look it up.) I'm still stuck in the cold war USSR mentality :)

Duracorr on Feb 10 at 15:47

Since the cold war ended, Russians can no longer trade Lituanians.

Congratulations to Iguodala. Maybe he's right that he's thought of more highly by his peers than by his hometown "fans."

Anyone hear whether the Sixers actually made it into Toronto?

The reason we have to make a trade on Feb 10 at 16:19

That's Comcast Spectacor's problem. TRading doesn't necessarily get more fans in the seats. Winning might and setting out on a player development plan might as well. Some will come out to see the young guys play, but not the stupidity displayed by EJ. I don't believe the $$ associated with the Sixers are front page for Comcast. These are millions. They are dealing in billions .

JohnEMagee reply to Duracorr on Feb 10 at 17:39

The sixers have lost in the first round the past two years and haven't exactly seen a bump in ticket sales...so much so that they wasted player development for a one sell out of Iverson.

Now, I think adding John Wall would create more excitement for more casual basketball fans than another one and done ass wiping in the first round

But that's just me

Tom Moore on Feb 10 at 17:01

Sixers made it to Toronto OK. They're staying over tonight, rather than chartering back after the game like they usually do.

I was at the game last night. Immediately after the game, the staff was hurrying you out the door. My son was in the gift shop looking to buy a hat and they begrudgingly waited him out. Seemed like bad business to me. I think it started snowing around half time. Wasn't much on the ground. Don't know how long it takes them to clean the place up?