SixersBeat Radio Show Tonight

You missed the big news of the day.

Stern has told Caron Butler that he's reached his last straw.

Choking hazard.

huh?

JohnEMagee on Feb 25 at 17:15

The NBA is taking a lot of grief about that straw thing today

Boisterousness
Allowed

(Not as good as no fun league, but harder to come up with something)

Dei Lynam has a good piece on Jrue and his family. Both his mother and father are coaches, and his love of defending comes from them:

"I think at home my husband and I emphasized defense because defense wins games..."

That is damned fine parenting, if you ask me :)

stan reply to Brian on Feb 25 at 17:53

If Eddie Jordan had a child who played in the NBA who would it be? Allen Iverson? OJ Mayo? Glenn Robinson?

johnrosz reply to stan on Feb 25 at 17:56

Lou Williams

JohnEMagee reply to johnrosz on Feb 25 at 18:04

The idiot with the shimmy - no longer in the league - that guy

Employee #8. Antoine Walker

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Feb 25 at 18:58

Thanks, forgot his last name just kept thinking jamison and knew that wasn't right.

I bet you Joran would have loved Walker

I think Brand is just so caught up in his issues with scoring that he isn't paying attention to the boards. I think a good coach would pull him aside and tell him to work the boards a little more.

Joe reply to Joe on Feb 25 at 20:29

Sorry to interrupt, but who is Brian and who is Derek?

Depressed Fan = Brian

Philly Arena = Derek

I'm the louder one who mumbles with a bad headset.

JohnEMagee reply to Derek Bodner on Feb 26 at 9:45

He's also the one with the younger sounding voice :)

Duracorr reply to Joe on Feb 25 at 21:04

Arr you serious?

I thought it was the other way around

eddies' heady's on Feb 25 at 22:08

Think Ed can get a clue from Hammond? The third paragraph says it all. *Sigh...

But hey, guess we can hold on to the precious 'core'. heh

They better wish that in 2011 they don't blow there cap space and flexibility on a Brand like vet.

Court_visioN on Feb 26 at 1:46

NOOOOOO i bought those shoes!!!

JohnEMagee on Feb 26 at 11:21

Not a bad show, but I find the opinions of Speights so far off...dude doesn't care about defense period and it's not on a dfferent coach (of even worse some sort of nonsensical 'team leader' concept) to get him to improve. It's up to speights to make the effort. It's the same nonsense with Sam and getting better. There are no excuses except a lack of dedication and commitment from Speights or Sam

Elton Brand is in Denial on Feb 26 at 16:55
keep the handles reasonable on Feb 26 at 17:11

A team could sign that space head Drew Gooden for the MLE and he would give you more then Elton Brand. Elton Brand is untouchable...