Another STH Impression

JohnEMagee on Mar 9 at 16:21

Here's a question to ask yourself.

Is it feasible to rectify this in the off season - there's a lot of issues and jettisoning the coach doesn't solve all of it.

he said Speights doesn't put the time and work in the gym and he feels he is overweight. I n

so now we have 2 IMG guys AND his GM saying the same thing about Speights.

Oh lord of lords, if you have any compassion for one of your chosen, please allow demarcus cousins to somehow magically end up a sixer.

very telling that EJ wasn't there. i wonder if ES has privately told EJ of his imminent firing, being that it must be the elephant in the room whenever EJ and the brass get together, and that they have a personal relationship, fractured as it must be.

JohnEMagee reply to f4f on Mar 9 at 17:19

Yes, it could be very telling.

Or since the sixers were probably in Indiana already, it might mean nothing at all.

fair point. probably would have been impossible to schedule the event when the sixers were at home.

The Greek on Mar 9 at 17:28

Perceived attitude issues aside, I also want Cousins. I don't see him wasting his talent as Speights has. Last year I thought that Speights at the 16th pick was a steal, not him turning out to be anything but a bust would be a pleasant surprise.

JohnEMagee reply to The Greek on Mar 9 at 17:39

Cousins requires some lucky bounces in the lottery

Remember how lucky the sixers got when they could have gotten tim duncan and paired him with allen iverson

Oh right

The Greek reply to JohnEMagee on Mar 9 at 17:50

Are you saying that you didn't appreciate Tim Thomas's impact on the sixers? Who needed Tim Duncan anyway!

JohnEMagee reply to The Greek on Mar 9 at 17:52

I would have appreciated Duncan a bit more I think :)

Course that's the luck of the bounce - it's not the stupidity of targeting sean bradley so badly that #1 and #3 can have a pre draft trade in place cause they know #2 is run by idiots

The Greek reply to JohnEMagee on Mar 9 at 18:04

Even worse then the Bradley pick for me was when we traded the number one pick for Roy Hinson. Hinson was the original bone to bone.

JohnEMagee reply to The Greek on Mar 9 at 18:07

Worst #2 pick (considering who was available)

Bradley or Darko? I think Darko would win out since there were quite a few better options

The Greek reply to JohnEMagee on Mar 9 at 18:09

Darko is easily worse, hell that stork Bradley averaged 3.5 blocks a game. Darko greatest contribution was berating those european officials.

After Darko came 'Melo, then Bosh, then Wade, right?

Who went after Bradley?

God, only Penny and Mashburn. Yeah, Darko wins that hands down.

But the worst #2 pick ever was clearly Sam Bowie. Taken before both Jordan and Barkley.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 9 at 18:20

I'll give you jordan but your sixer fanness might be showing

Bosh Wade Melo is a bigger miss than Barkley (and besides barkley is only one guy - remove one of these, melo is probably the best player, for jordan and you still have two left)

Jordan ..... Barkley .............................. Wade, Melo ............................ Bosh.

That's the order of those five players. Take a look at Barkley's numbers, none of those guys even come close.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 9 at 18:26

Are you comparing entire careers versus unfinished careers?

Compare best seasons, entire careers, three-year peaks. Whatever you want. None of them is close to Barkley.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 9 at 18:31

I suppose it's possible, i find him so irritating post career that i think i discount his career, his hatred towards phiadlephia is palpable every time he talks about em on TNT - i wish he would just run for governor already

Rick reply to JohnEMagee on Mar 9 at 23:46

Thabeet has a chance to be worse than Bradley, Darko or Bowie.

The Greek on Mar 9 at 17:33

Also great job Rob, really appreciate the inside look into what these goofballs are thinking. Is this the same rob from recliner gm that Is always really positive ending post's off with "lets go sixers"??

ROB_STC reply to The Greek on Mar 9 at 17:56

No I am the Rob from the loyal Depressed Fan readers. Appreciate the commentary. The thing is Ed Stefanski is very convincing, he would make a good politician. Every time I see him he gives me a big hello like I am his next door neighbor.

Thanks Brian for bringing this information to us!

Thanks Rob! I feel even better than I had earlier today.

Hopefully, ES can rectify the putrid coaching decision. I do hope he gets 1 more chance.

Rob,

Excellent thoughts. I am not a writer and I should have failed English in High School.

Agree 100% with all your thoughts.

And, btw, I do think I will be renewing my tickets next year.

I can read this only now, great stuff, many thanks to Dean and Rob (and Brian)