Must Lose?

JohnEMagee on Mar 9 at 17:44

The pacers are god awful - seriously - they should win this game - even with moron at the helm - there's no excuse for the sixers losing this game sadly.

then again, who knew the knicks would lose to the nets

I disagree. The Pacers have a superstar, just look at Granger's ppg.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 9 at 18:02

Yeah - but is Granger playing?

Are you saying he's frail? Since when does that matter?

Yeah, he's not listed as injured.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 9 at 18:06

He received a one game suspension at 10:33 AM this morning (or at least that's when ESPN told me about it) - I don't know when he's serving it

Are they suspending people for being soft these days?

Damn, I hope he appeals and plays.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 9 at 18:08

Channing Frye and Danny Granger got into what i can only assume was some sort of girlie slap fight?

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 9 at 18:09
JohnEMagee on Mar 9 at 19:00

WHo would have thought expo west prep would be a welcome distraction

Yup, Granger's out. They're motivated to lose this game.

johnrosz on Mar 9 at 19:06

Lou was asked about the AI rumors floating around on pregame live, he said something to the effect of "I haven't talked to him, but Allen doesn't have any problems...if a guy likes to do something in excess, people like to make a big deal about it"

Nice logic Lou.

That's hilarious.

The Greek reply to Brian on Mar 9 at 23:03

Lou is such a fkn doosche, if a guy thinks like that then is it possible for him to understand one day that he could help a team better by coming off the bench?

Hey Brian,

The Clippers will going to leap us in our lottery chase soon. We still have games against the Knicks and Nets...

absolutely a must lose

Looks like they're running offense through Dalembert. Good way to start.

Jrue for THREEEEEEE!

"If they get hot from deep, it'll be a long night."

It'll be a good night.

Hibbert has done a nice job passing it out of the post.

Sweet feed from JH to SD for the slam.

J.R.U.E. for three.

godddddddd damnit jrue that must be embarrassing

Heh, blown slam by Jrue.

Not a whole lot of defense played in that first quarter. Sixers up by 5 after one.

"williams went for the steal that time and murphy able to escape"...that's happened soo many times with every team we play

Well, Jordan's doing his best to lose this game. He went small for the entire second quarter and watched Indy score 30 points. Sixers down by 2 heading into the second half.

Man, the Sixers look like I feel. Holiday and Lou need to keep driving to the hole.

Willie Green is just a great player, knows how to turn it over. Every game he is good for atleast one like that.

Sixers down by 9 after three and sitting pretty for a big loss.

Pitiful basketball being played right now.

eddies' heady's on Mar 9 at 20:50

JK, the tankman is in the game. That is now a good sign.

Mike Dunleavy let go by the Clips. Wouldn't shock me if he got an interview for the coaching job.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 10 at 9:32

On the same day it leaks that rat boy is already looking for another job now that the bobcats have been sold

Sammy and Jrue leading a comeback. Gulp.

Down 6 with just under 4:00 to go.

I wonder if Jordan has been told by Stefanski to tank? It looks like it!

stefanski said meeks was going to play in these upcoming games huh...he looked great tonight!

Hey, who's he supposed to take minutes away from, Kapono? Willie? Those guys need to be in the flow if we're going uptown.

THERE HE IS!!

There he is! Not exactly what you meant, I know.

bebopdeluxe on Mar 9 at 21:12

Wonder how Iguodala is feeling right now...being benched for Kapono.

Post-game quotes should be interesting tonight.

Can Kapono really go 0-for-2010 from three?

Meeks just hit one.

Sixers lose in spectacular fashion. The #4 spot is definitely alive, folks.

oh man this game got me excited for the draft

Not sure when my wrap will be up, really feel like crap. Thanks for hanging in there, guys.

23-40, Charlotte at home tomorrow night.

bebopdeluxe on Mar 9 at 21:19

I can't believe I'm saying this, but...

DON'T FIRE JORDAN

johnrosz on Mar 9 at 21:29

Moment of the game for me, EJ brings in Jrue with 1 second on the shot clock. Most coaches remind a player coming in or are physically yelling the clock situation before the inbounds. Of course the shot clock expires, and CSN cuts to a shot of Jordan looking puzzled at first, then realizing what happened.

bebopdeluxe on Mar 9 at 21:36

Dei Lynam asked Jordan why Brand and Iguodala sat in the 4th quarter, he said (no shit) that he wanted to play a unit that would "give him a little more".

(like JASON KAPONO)

Yikes.

We have GOT to keep him around now.

Jordan is my hero. I say give him an extension.

bebopdeluxe reply to Brian on Mar 9 at 21:45

Now let's not get carried away here...

johnrosz reply to bebopdeluxe on Mar 9 at 21:46

Give him an extension and then fire him. The Ed Stefanski special

johnrosz on Mar 9 at 21:40

Eddie Jordan is looking more and more like a guy that knows he's about to get fired. Since he's on the way out hes just gonna stick it to the guys that failed him this season. I honestly don't know if I can blame him for everything, awful awful coach but sometimes the effort is disgraceful.

sfw reply to johnrosz on Mar 9 at 22:26

EJ definitely looked like dead man talking in the press conference. Does look like he knows he's gone. Might explain the "I don't give a damn about a win" rotation in the 4th qtr. I guess he thinks he'll have a better shot at home against Charlotte. Both teams on a back to back. Should be a very ugly game. Maybe, ES is leaving it up to EJ if he wants to resign. There's no quit in the coach!

Mike P. on Mar 9 at 21:52

Yeah! Not only did the 8'ers lose, Troy Murphy got me some good fantasy hoopball stats. I can't wait till March 30th when I can yell at the DURANTULA to score 50 for me in person.

Tom Moore on Mar 9 at 21:53

Jordan on Iguodala sitting the final 15:21 and Brand the final 19:28: "I just wanted to have a unit out there to bring a little bit more energy. I liked the guys at the end."

Statman reply to Tom Moore on Mar 9 at 22:58

Honestly, I don't care if they tank or not, but if they're going to tank so obviously, don't even bother to play Iguodala or Brand at all. It's a serious insult to sit them like that in the middle of a game.

This makes three games now where Kapono has come in for Iguodala for the entire 4th quarter (Phoenix, Orlando, Indiana). In those three games, Kapono has played 49 minutes, gone 1-6 for 2 points, with 4 rebounds and 2 assists. He truly is Tankman (even Carney wouldn't be as effective in that Tank-Closer role). And, the most amazing stat of all, Kapono is now shooting 5% (1-20) in 2010, including 0-15 on 3's.

And, if the Sixers are going to tank, don't do it with Kapono and Green, who clearly aren't the future of the team. I think a lineup of Jrue-Meeks-Carney-Thad-Smith would have served the purpose well and been more interesting (although that lineup might have had a better shot at actually winning the game).

The Greek reply to Statman on Mar 9 at 23:10

Honestly I think that they are just rookies to the "tanking" process. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks they will have this down pat.

this game was so disgusting, the sixers defense was horrible... so many easy points in the paint, and troy murphy waltzed in their a couple of times on drives...