Excitement At the Wach?

Tom Moore on Mar 12 at 18:07

Comcast COO Peter Luukko said chances are "not good" that Eddie Jordan will be fired this weekend.

I choose to read that as there is a chance he'll be fired this weekend :)

ShawnK reply to Tom Moore on Mar 12 at 19:17

Where did that info come from Tom?

Tom Moore reply to ShawnK on Mar 12 at 19:47

That's what he told me.

Sorry for the delay in getting back, but wireless courtside is spotty.

Tom Moore on Mar 12 at 18:08

LeBron James pregame: "It didn't matter if it weas Sixers or my son's team -- I was playing tonight."

I love the respect the Sixers command around the league :)

Tom Moore on Mar 12 at 18:26

oops, sorry -- doesn't matter if it was the Sixers

AaronMcKie4MVP on Mar 12 at 18:26

im rooting for the wizards tonight vs the pistons. they are terrible and i can see them losing the remainder of the games and staying below the sixers.

( ) = games behind sixers

wiz (-1) vs pistons (-1)
pacers (-2) vs boston
knicks (-1) vs grizzlies
kings (-1.5) vs blazers

great if we can get 1 or 2 other wins in addition to qiz/pistons

Tom Moore on Mar 12 at 18:43

Jordan on Meeks not playing: "You'd like to get him in there maybe three minutes to go in a quarter or a half or if you're up a lot. But right now, when we're down and have a deficit, I still want to go with our guys to show that we're still fighting. You know what happens when you put in a rookie in with maybe four to go and you're down 15 and you give him some minutes. ... I've talked to him and he's going to get some minutes. But we don't want to give him minutes at the expense of the feeling this game is over with."

He has no problem giving Kapono meaningful minutes, though. Which I find odd. Nothing signifies a game is over more than JK out there wasting oxygen.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 19:02

Kapono has been here all season and he knows the plays...how can you possible expect Meeks to pick up such a nuanced complicated system in so short a time?

Heh.

"You stand here. Then you run here, accept the dribble handoff. If you don't have a contested 20-footer, you wait for the other guard to come over, then you give him a dribble handoff. OK, now you do the same thing all over again."

for en entire 4th quarter.

Tom Moore on Mar 12 at 19:10

James pregame: "I think the Celtics are bored right now. They're so experienced. It seems like they're ready for a new challenge (the playoffs)."

JohnEMagee reply to Tom Moore on Mar 12 at 19:12

So diplomatic

Rich reply to Tom Moore on Mar 12 at 19:13

He'll be motivated to smoke them if he sees them.

And we're off. Same starting lineup.

James fouls Iguodala on deep two, I believe.

The refs may not get out of here alive if LBJ has to sit because of early foul trouble.

Well, Iggy's winning the LeBron matchup so far :)

Iguodala's concentration is shit right now. FT% is taking a nosedive.

Jrue got caught on a back screen, three for Mo Williams.

JH to AI9 for the oop. Nice.

Jordan- "I'd like to guard LeBron and give up open threes."

He basically said that and it's what we're seeing. EB off to a nice start.

Sounds like a defense he'd devise. God I hate this guy.

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 19:23

Which broadcast do you have, because Zumoff basically said that he said that (no kidding those exact words) on the Philly one.

Isn't it funny when people stutter when quoting something EJ says?

I'm watching Philly broadcast, must not have been paying attention when he said that.

They called a foul on that? Garbage.

I love how Elton Brand just moves out of the way of Hixon's dunk. The team clearly has packed it in, he would have contested that earlier in the season.

Sixers bigs are doing quite a job in the start. I wish AI9 would have went up with that drive.

Wow, huge jam by Lou.

Jrue is all over the place.

This is fun to watch and all, but raise your hand if you think the Sixers are going to keep scoring like this. No defense is being played by the men in white.

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 19:24

At this point, I'll take the unselfish offense and be happy.

I loved Jrue and Lou's sequence on those 2 possessions. Great look for Jrue and Lou's dunk was semi on LeBron.

Great ball movement for the AI9 three. Sammy out of the post to Jrue to AI9. Four assists for Jrue.

Nice drive by Lou there. Thought he might settle.

Cleveland is raining threes.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 19:25

Jrue letting Mo get in the paint for a kickout Parker three, then a dribble off his leg for a tunrover back down. ugh

Good lord, I don't usually comment on other guys positively, but LeBron is so specal.

Yep, that's your ballgame.

I thought Jrue did the right thing, getting the ball out of LeBron's hands there, but West made the tough floater.

i wonder what it feels like to be a 50 win basket ball team

Court_visioN on Mar 12 at 19:30

"it's not unusual to see me cry, i wanna die...."

So what Sammy did was a moving screen, but what Varejao did on the other end wasn't?

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 19:34

We got a guy who can dunk too!!!

Court_visioN on Mar 12 at 19:32

that had to be either a travel or a 3 second, or both.

Iguodala seems amped on the offensive end. Zum just creamed his pants.

AI9 seems to have the touch tonight, looks like more of a Rudy Gay effort than his type of good.

Thad on LeBron is a joke. He should get one point every time he scores on Thad.

god dammit the fans are cheering lebron like he's on the sixers i hate that. i know it's lebron but i can't stand it when people cheer for people on other teams, regardless of how good they are.

eddies' heady's reply to Tyler on Mar 12 at 19:36

My exact feelings, exact, after that throwdown by LBJ.

JohnEMagee reply to Tyler on Mar 12 at 19:37

You're right...how dare they cheer quality basketball.

They should all be killed

Yeah, Iguodala's on.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 19:35

That's right. Show some effing effort!

But apply that same fast break effort to the defensive end.

Court_visioN reply to eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 19:37

he did. he fouled lebron, then got the rebound on the 2nd free throw =)

Heh. God I'd love to see this team playing games that mattered on a regular basis.

seems like iguodala is a little pissed people came to see lebron and not him :)

Wow, that was a fun first quarter. No defense whatsoever, but some exciting hoops nonetheless. Iguodala finally woke up.

Wach is still buzzing over those dunks

Down by 2 after the first, 34-36.

Iguodala has 16 points on 7 shots, 4 or 5 dunks, I lost track.

Wow, Iggy has 16 freakin points after one quarter.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 19:40

And Iggy should play like this is his house every single damn night. He does appear to have this 'personal' look tonight. Why he's so moody with his play is maddening to me.

JohnEMagee reply to eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 19:42

I've heard he's concerned about that too

eddies' heady's reply to JohnEMagee on Mar 12 at 19:43

You sure seem to be...

JohnEMagee reply to eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 19:45

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense there, as much as being upset at people who pay to go to a game for enjoying it...no matter what they enjoy.

Or lusting after COle ALdrich, future bench player

AaronMcKie4MVP reply to JohnEMagee on Mar 12 at 20:23

yeah you are right. its silly to think a guy with great fundamentals all around, a dominant defensive game, and great footwork and offensive ability might be a good NBA player. because this draft is so stacked and we have so many better options. but yet you hang your johnson on michael beasely who has already failed.

and by, the way, evan turner is a lark. but i guess i have to admit he is clutch after that shot today

Wow, EB going after a defensive board.

Thad can have his way with Hickson. He's too skilled for Hickson to guard him so far out.

Good foul by Carney.

I was checking the other day, Carney's rebounding numbers aren't bad per 36 minutes this season.

This lineup has played the best defense of the night, shockingly. I guess LeBron hasn't been in so that explains it, but if they hold their ground, it's a win.

That was Lou's fault on the gamble, but why the hell did Sammy not contest that dunk?

Rich reply to Rich on Mar 12 at 19:50

Ah, it was going to be his 3rd, which he just picked up anyway.

Tom Moore on Mar 12 at 19:49

Four incredible highlight-film plays in first quarter.

Fan across from Cavs bench is holding a blue LeBron "6" Knicks jersey.

That's anti-Sixers on a couple of different levels.

This lineups is extremely tough to watch.

LBJ coming back in, I think the Sixers better make some subs as well.

Come on Pacers. Tied early in Boston.

As good as LeBron is, he could have even more points if he would finish some of the baskets when he's fouled.

Jrue coming back.

This is probably pointless at this point of the season, but anyone notice how rarely EB gets calls when he gets fouled on the inside? That dunk should've been an & 1. Happens all the time, I think because he's earthbound they just never give him the whistles.

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 20:01

I noticed that too, Moon fouled him on that play. Hickson got breathed on his highlight dunk and a foul was called.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:00

On that replay, boy how I wish we set screens like that.

Coaching, my friend.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 20:03

Execution, my partner.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 20:04

Fundamental execution.

Lack of fundamentals is instilled by coaching, the argument goes on and on...

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Mar 12 at 20:39

Implementing fundamentals properly is willful of the player. And it continues...

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:01

Good bounce pass Jrue.

Wow, great pass by Jrue, great lefty finish by Lou.

EB all over the glass.

Lou returned the favor to Jrue. Great find.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:03

Come on Elton, cut the paint off there.

OK, so it's a pick-and-roll with LeBron and Varejao. How the fuck does Lou wind up on LeBron after the pick is set? I seriously can't figure that out.

LBJ has the yips at the line.

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 20:07

Rewind it on DVR, one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Varejao and Parker in the corner being covered by Brand/Lou and as soon as AV goes to set the pick EB yells "That's you Lou" and Lou goes after him. That's gotta be scheme.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:06

Dag, we can finally put up a score, but can't stop opponent from that said score. Ahhh..... the life, the life...

All told, a very good first half for the Sixers. Down by 4 at the break.

EB and AI9 both have 16. Jrue has 4 points, 2 boards, 6 assists, 1 turnover. Lou has 6 points, 3 boards, 4 assists and only 1 turnover.

Hope the second half is exciting...and the Sixers lose.

jrue with the steal on lebron!

Good work by Jordan at halftime.

7-0 run to start the third for CLE. Do the Sixers fold here, or do they fight back a little?

Nice drive and a tough jumper by AI9. Need some friggin' stops.

Parker you bitch.

Nice flop Parker you punk. AI9 is not openly stepping back on his jumpers which is good. He's much more effective shooting straight up.

Nice defensive play by Lou there.

EB is getting great looks but he's been short on a few recently. Looks like earlier in this season.

Big lineup, second game in a row.

SD, EB, TY, AI, JH

Wow, they score on a inbounds play.

Great play by EB to hit Sammy on the oop.

No foul there? Come on.

That's a freakin foul on LeBron! Come on, that's and end one if the jerseys were different.

Yup. No bout a doubt it.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:41

agree. the refs have been obvious shady all night. esp when AV traveled multiple times on that lack of post move.

Great read by Thad on the steal. EB with another one an old man finish.

"Old man finish." :)

Wow. Two big steals and finishes for EB and TY. Big lineup paying dividends.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:44

Dammit, win this darn game. Give these folks that love dunks, whether the team, something to go home cheering about.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:46

lol. and even though EB made that last one, he looked elderly on that one too, just he appeared to got lucky that AV mistimed his jump.

Iguodala's (and the Sixers' team focus)defense on LBJ was EXCELLENT that quarter.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Mar 12 at 20:48

"(and the Sixers' team focus)":)

OK, up by 1 heading into the fourth. The big lineup was really giving Cleveland problems. Wonder if Jordan will stick with it.

20,433 announced attendance

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:49

Damn, he blew the whistle on that contact on Jrue? you dont say...

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:50

That was on clearly on Jrue not Varejao. wow

Haha, Jrue gave that bum Varejao a bow right to the face.

I like the drive, I really like drawing the foul, I absolutely LOVE elbowing that bitch in the face while drawing the foul.

Only 8 free throws at home, huh?

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:51

Thad, blowingbunnies.com.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:53

Pinck - "he was pushed". ah, go eat some peanut butter Thad and lift a few.

Fuck, Thad. God damnit.

EB!

I know Thad blew that dime from Jrue, but he got fouled.

Still, has anyone noticed how active Thad is on defense tonight? He's all over the place, getting a ton of deflections.

Stupid timeout if you ask me. Fucking dumb. You have the god damned momentum.

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 20:54

Yeah, I don't know, Jrue and Iguodala are making plays. I feel as if they score there, the Cavs take a 20.

Alvin reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 20:56

I think he needed to call a timeout to put Lou and Willie in. Or maybe Kapono.

Hmm the old man is 12-18, 24pts with 8 boards.

It is great to see Iggy matching LeBron stride-for-stride in this one.

Looking at the box score, trying to figure out why we're winning this game. Turnovers is all I could come up with. We have 4, they have 11.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 21:01

and we would be smoking them if in weren't for the three's they've made

Threes and trips to the charity stripe.

Sick play drawn up in the timeout by Jordan.

Alvin reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 20:57

ROFL

I'm dying at how Jrue was playing Rock Band hahahahaa. How was he so calm? I'm always really rushed.

Get Sammy in for Smith. Jesus, on both ends he's screwing up.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:57

question - who was responsible for that made three by Mo W.? ( i missed it )

Didn't see. I got the feeling it was one of those 4 guys going to help, no one accounting for the man in the corner. Probably Jrue's man.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 21:04

come one man, seriously. Or were you? I really wanted to know...

I was being serious, I was typing something didn't see it. that was my guess.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 21:07

ok cool

Smith, he wanted Iguodala to switch with him unnecessarily when Dre was glued to LBJ. He got stuck and let Mo drift.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Mar 12 at 21:05

apprec...

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:58

Damn, Sam. come on

Damnit. Great fucking job w/ that timeout. There goes all the momentum.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 20:59

and Sam with the more often times than not no pass out after the o-board. Ohhhh, Iguodala almost went in

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 21:00

and he subsequently missed both of them. shit.

A couple of off-balance shots there when I think they could have gotten to the hole.

Damnit, Willie for Thad.

0/2 from the line, ugh.

Three balls killing us, what else is new.

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 21:02

Jamario Moon though? When could he shoot? I guess everyone lights up when they see Jordan.

i thought you wanted to lose? :)

I do, but it's really tough to root for when I'm watching.

Make these now Dre. Damn.

8-0 run for Cleveland after EJ called a TO after we took the biggest lead of the night!!!! Please stop this!!!

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 21:03

Zum: "that's what the people came to see!!!" (after another throwdown by CLE)

No Mark, not if I was there. Never.

Good foul Sam, even though its number 5.

WTF HE GOT KILLED!!!!!

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 21:07

Amazing what a packed house and a top team can do for these guys effort and confidence. Amazing.....

Dalembert's done. Varejao is a flopping cunt.

The Greek reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 21:18

Who gets to take the 3? Iggy pullup from 30 maybe?

Fucking bitch Varejao, acting job. That's a yellow card in soccer for flopping.

Alvin reply to Rich on Mar 12 at 21:12

I hate those bastards: Mo Will, Varejao, West, Shaq and LeBon.

I am so going to enjoy it when they lose in the playoffs.

Big play by Thad there.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 21:09

Man should Jrue have went under the screen there on Mo? I mean, he can't drive past Jrue off a screen can he? He should have went over it, to me.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 21:10

SCrew it being picky....the three is lower percentage than the breakdown of the defense.

I think the refs blow tonight. The Cavs flop and are rewarded with calls, the Sixers attack the rim and get killed yet get nothing.

Big shot Dre.

30 for AI9. Need about 6 more if this is gonna be a win.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 21:11

Those refs more than blow tonight.

LeBroom's comeback. Gotta get him the win somehow. The headline was planned hours ago.

'LeBron leads Cavs past Sixers in return'

Willie in for crunch time? Cute.

Isn't it? Lou in now, which I guess is better.

Wow, jitterbug from Thad right there.

Nice, Thad gave that little half-fake to the left spin and finished with his right. Come on, need a stop.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 21:20

who was it we use to label the whirling dervish?

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 21:15

SHit, come on Thad dont be scared of taking him....yeah he did take him and got fouled by someone else.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 21:16

and taking LJ but he only makes one of two. Tank?

Fucker.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 21:17

Fuck it. Put JK in and down three w/ under a min left. Put tankman in! lol

Real good defense by Iggy and Jrue at the end here. I had a sick feeling that hook shot from Williams would go in.

Get a quick two here.

I'll go with Iggy with an ugly 27-footer for the tie.

Ugh.

Down by 3. 24 seconds left on the clock. I like the quick two and then fouling better than the three to tie, giving it to LeBron for the win as the clock expires.

Fuck Jrue.

Rich reply to Rich on Mar 12 at 21:20

actually F, Jrue.

No shot. God damnit.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 21:19

WTF Jrue! come on

The Greek on Mar 12 at 21:20

The young pup needs to cut down those turnovers by next season

Bring in Kapono!

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 21:21

I want Jodie.

Mar reply to Rich on Mar 12 at 21:23

Yah, what happened to Jordan being forced to play Jodie?

Mar reply to Brian on Mar 12 at 21:21

Maybe he can go 0-2010.

Any ideas on how I can justify blaming Jrue's turnover on Coach Jordan?

Nah, just blame it on him being a 19-year-old rook.

Heh. Well, got two shots up that time, both bricks.

They played hard and came away with the important loss.

This tanking thing is not gonna work when the teams below us keep losing. =(

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 21:23

Well thanks guys, that was at least interesting. It's usually uneventful.

That 2 1/2 hours was well received guys. Such a reprieve from the season you're putting me through.

(shhhhh...although i'm kind of, but not really, glad you did lose...)

Can't complain about anything but late-game half-court execution. I thought Iguodala was spectacular, minus the last two shots.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Mar 12 at 21:27

Bonk! Clang!

Thanks for hanging in there, guys. I'd say this game buys Jordan another unless he says something dumber than usual in his presser.

My wrap will be up sometime late tonight or tomorrow.

eddies' heady's on Mar 12 at 21:43

They better let him finish it out.

After seeing this performance, they should - for the good their play showed, and, the losses that still ensue.

Please don't get rid of him, it's a welcomed recurring pattern at this point.

Tom Moore on Mar 12 at 22:21

Holiday on his turnover with 21 seconds left and the Sixers trailing by three: "I was kind of indecisive. I saw Elton wide open, plain as day, and I saw Lou (Williams) and I threw it kind of in between ’em. I just made a bad play."

Tom Moore on Mar 12 at 22:30

Brand scored 20 or more for the first time since Feb. 9.

bebopdeluxe on Mar 12 at 22:35

While the turnover by Jrue was big, having your two best players not be able to run a basic two-man game with less than a minute to go was worse. It's Jrue's first season - he HAS an excuse.

Hard to expect Iggy and Brand to run that well when they haven't done it well for four months. I know that LB wouldn't tolerate that kind of execution, and the next coach (Laimbeer, Thibs, JVG) better not tolerate it either. Ironic that we can't expect a coach who only cares about offense to get his two best players to do better than that in the guts of the game.

I can't wait for this to end.

Tom Moore on Mar 12 at 22:58

Jordan on Iguodala (30 points) and Brand (26) carrying the offense: "We had our leaders and our followers. That’s the way the world is. Our two best players took the bull by the horns and were aggressive."

mike reply to Tom Moore on Mar 12 at 23:10

wtf does that even mean? he speaks like a fucking high school english teacher or something.

He tries to be philosophical. He ends up just being ridiculous.

The Greek reply to Derek Bodner on Mar 13 at 1:28

cmon man, can't we just fire this fucking guy already? What a waste of a season, I wish snider sold the team.

Yelena Johanning on Mar 13 at 5:15
The Greek reply to Yelena Johanning on Mar 13 at 11:13

a commercial for a bullet proof vest? fukn whakjob