Swing Game

JohnEMagee on Mar 19 at 18:34

IN 'tanking' news both stuckey and granger are back for the pistons/pacers showdown

Showdown really belongs in quotes, or italics in that sentence.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 19:17

well i would have said 'show up' as the opposite but that sounds silly.

You know of all the teams stuck in the lottery with a chance at #1 (sorry new york) the one team that stern needs to be relevant again is the sixers - HUGE tv market :)

I think Stern is going to keep giving the Clippers the #1 pick until they get someone to turn that franchise around...or at least stay healthy for a season.

JohnEMagee on Mar 19 at 19:19

Thad is out, Speights is out. Jordan to start Jrue, Willie, Iguodala, Brand, and Dalembert. Sweet Lou is playing, but not starting.

I think Lou is being punished for his comments in the paper - he hurt eddies feelings

Probably. Did you read Willie's quotes today, basically saying he wants Jordan back next season?

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 19:31

Course he does - Joran and Willie go together like rubbing and racing

David Lee is out, Jonathan Bender in his place. Damn our luck.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 19:33

Seriously, Iguodala has played A LOT of games in his careeer, he needs some time off, so does brand

Who do we root for, Indy or Detroit?

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 19:42

Who has the easier SOS the rest of the season?

Duracorr reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 19:42

Detroit to win. I don't think we can "catch" the Pacers

I'm going back and forth tonight. When Jrue is not in the game, I definitely will not be watching.

1/1 for Brand, let's see if he disappears again.

We should trade for Jonathan Bender and give him minutes. How is he starting, even with the injuries?

Have the Sixers taken anything but a long jumper yet?

JRUE 4 3!

J F 3.

JRUE 4 (foot on the line)

That's two for the kid! That one was wet, off the dribble too.

JohnEMagee reply to Rich on Mar 19 at 19:53

You know back in the day wet meant something very very different...i find it disturbing when it's applied to someones shooting

AI9 hit a three, too bad it was after the whistle

Damn, did you see EB have Jrue cross court there? He looked at him too.

So does the lineup with Willie at the two "work" because Willie's that much better than Lou on D?

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 19:52

Willie does try at least. Offense is where he plays a lazy game.

Another possible reason, Jrue gets to actually play the point a higher percentage of the time, instead of keeping the ball in Lou's hands.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 19:53

My dead father is better at d than lou

I love Jrue's post defense. He uses his lower body so well to keep leverage and almost always forces a fadeaway jumper, then contests it. That was picture perfect on Gallinari.

Give him three!

Damnit. Look at that last angle again!

Nice passing on that possession.

Nice pass, Willie. Jesus, just catch and shoot you moron.

10 points for Brand.

The Knicks look like the team who is tanking..

JohnEMagee reply to Rich on Mar 19 at 20:40

They just suck

and have nothing tyo tank for

Nice pass Jrue. Does Speights look a little gimpy out there?

Either gimpy or fat. I vote for both.

Speights is back, huh? I thought I saw on Twitter that he was still out.

Nice hard foul by Speights. I guess that's a defensive positive.

EB was too much that quarter. Do we think EFJ can get Kapono out there?

26-15 after one, and the Sixers didn't look particularly good in building that 11-point lead. Jrue played all 12 minutes, I'm expecting an NYC run when we see the Lou/Willie back court.

Duracorr reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 20:16

You were right on target with the effect of the lineup change.

We need another guard who can defend. Or we need a coach who at least use Iguodala there for stretches.

Here come the Knickerbockers.

The mecca of shit defensive lineups!

Smith, Speights, Kapono, Willie, Lou

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 20:17

I don't know if he's trying or tanking. Either way, it's disturbing.

Alvin reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 20:23

That has got to be the worst defensive lineup ever put out by the Sixers. Would be interesting to think about which is the worst offensive lineup.

Rich reply to Alvin on Mar 19 at 20:24

If the running the PO the way Jordan likes it, they're all pretty shitty.

10-2 run for the Knicks to start the quarter. Jordan seems shocked that this unit can't defend, or maybe he doesn't care and he's just pissed that they've only scored 2 points.

Brand is going to score 40 in this game.

and allow 35.

Pinckney on Brand: "He's a little warm."

Meeks in the second quarter, huh? I fucking fell asleep again. Started riding my bike to work this week, just completely exhausted when I get home at night.

What a scoop by Jrue. Under control on that one, smooth.

You simply can't cover up for Kapono on the defensive end. There's no way to hide that garbage.

Good two man game between Jrue and EB, but EB couldn't finish.

Knicks asserting themselves.

Didn't you just have a feeling that Jrue was going to make something happen at the end there? I hate to knock AI9, but I don't have that feeling with him.

Jrue always looks under control in the open floor. Kid is collected out there.

Jrue + Brand = 27 points on 16 shots.

The rest of the team = 23 points on 27 shots.

Sixers up a deuce at the half.

Man, these refs have swallowed their whistles. Sixers need to realize it and play accordingly.

Why stop in the middle of the play? He did get hit though.

He was still pissed about the no-call the previous time down the floor. He's gotten hammered about 4 times already this half.

I like NY's tanking plan: just shoot nothing but 3s. It isn't pretty but it sure is effective

5 on Douglas, Jrue gets to play against Chris Duhon's corpse.

5 fouls on Douglas, that hurts them. Maybe Duhon can catch fire. Holiday rocks, btw.

Iguodala, 1 for his last 24 from three.

Nice play out of the timeout, btw.

Jrue just had to yell Willie's name with cross court pass in the air on the way to him. Fucking Willie. Wake up.

JRUE 4 3!!!!

Jrue for three, great ball movement by Carney.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Mar 19 at 21:16

It turned out to be good. But initially Carney had him for the gimmie on the baseline immediately after the defense cleared high. I'm glad we converted b/c I thought we had relinquished our best look to convert when he didn't eventually find Jrue down there.

I see what you meant about Jrue's post defense Brian. He fouled Gallo there, but his base is so strong.

Gallo walked, and I still don't think it was a foul.

Jrue has zero assists. That's amazing to me.

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 21:15

Yeah, he's been aggressive in this game, but people have been screwing up his assists. He should have at least 3 or 4 to EB alone. Willie has had a few jumpers missed from him. I'm still surprised he has none.

After a nice drive, what does Iggy do? Step-back jumper. Christ.

I really can't figure out why we're seeing so much of this small lineup.

Alvin reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 21:20

Eddie the Tank doing what he needs to do the only way he knows how to.

Well, at least it looks like we'll get the L.

Sixers up 1 after 3. Against any decent team, they'd be down by about 25 right now.

Iguodala should have to do 20 pushups for every shot he takes outside of the paint for the rest of this game. 4/15 now from the field.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 21:27

I'm trying to stop laughing.....but...I couldn't agree more on the Iggy reference.

Clyde hit it on the head earlier tonight when he said, "That shot is too high, when it's that high you don't have control of it." The truth for sure.

eddies' heady's on Mar 19 at 21:21

"or if you want to talk about the NCAA tourney game you've decided to watch instead of the Sixers."

Lol....well damn, caught me red-handed.

So... i wanted to say that, i really would hate to be the player that got picked by this guy from Florida State, Dulkys.

"....and he got the ball stole by 'dookie'!" ....now that's effed up....

eddies' heady's on Mar 19 at 21:23

And tell me that isn't l'il JD....

Yeah, I made the wife take him out in his Sixers' t-shirt to rub it in the faces of all the Knick fan toddlers in the park.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 21:31

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Well, they said bring your kids to the game....

I still can't tell what it says on it though?

Tough guys wear red.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 21:36

Fitting. Considering how he's gazing at the offending l'il Knickerbocker.

Lou's instincts on the break are absolutely pitiful. Dribbled too deep, then passed it right to the knicks.

Did anyone just see the two-man defense Iguodala and Jrue played. That was absolutely beautiful.

Sixers are hitting their jumpers at an inopportune time, if you're looking for a loss.

Man, the Knicks are playing terrible. Outside of Jrue and EB on offense, who is playing well for the Sixers?

No one. Not a soul.

Btw, the reason the Knicks are even in this game right now is their offensive rebounding. I say go even smaller with the lineup.

Speights
Carney
Kapono
Willie
Lou

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 21:35

Take Jrue out? I know you want to lose, but that would be tough to take the kid out.

Damn, we might have to. AI9 for a three-point play. I'm so conflicted watching Jrue's emotion when I want us to lose..

There's the assist. Number 1. shocking.

Smith is so god damned bad.

So no Brand = tanking strategy by Jordan?

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 21:38

He needs no Jrue or Iguodala either. Lou could be a problem too, he can get hot and carry them.

Two-point game. Sixers are doing a superb job of busting this zone.

eddies' heady's on Mar 19 at 21:39

Alright guys. They're within 2. Time to tuck your tails and run. Come on, you know how you do.

You know how this is going to end. Iguodala three at the buzzer, he hits, Sixers win. And then everyone hates him for actually making a buzzer-beater :)

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 21:43

Fuck, man. That's absolute torture, at least for me to hate my own guy on a last seconder. Don't say that.

Because really there will be people that will hate him for clanking it too. And he can certainly do that.

I think Jrue is the only reason we are in this game. He is all over this floor playing defense. Heard him on the radio earlier saying how much he likes playing defense. He is really having fun tonight!

Yes, Jordan needs to give him a rest this half. Help out his team.

They are not trying to tank the game full out. It's like the all-star game, get everyone in, and close with your horses.

AI9 can keep shooting threes if he wants.

I guess Jordan does not mind AI9 missing 3 point shots.

Bad shot by Jrue there. And a d-board by Kapono. What're the odds?

4:00 game now. All tied up.

Jrue leads the team in rebounding. He was also wide open for a three on that last possession when Iguodala forced the pass to Willie.

Kapono with a pathetic effort to give up the O Board. I'll take it.

Fuck you Kapono.

eddies' heady's on Mar 19 at 21:47

COme on.....Tankman! you're in there for a reason now....let's go JK! Tankman! Tankman!....well damn he made me eat it and drained one...shit

This Toney Douglas is pretty darn impressive. He's no Jrue, but still...

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Mar 19 at 21:52

And I wished the team had taken him over Jrue too. I really did. I thought he could d up so well. And I liked his offensive repertoire, very unassuming.

Cause we all know I wasn't on the Jrue tip, but that doesn't mean you can't come around in due time. In due time, we'll see.

He's more like Lou with pesky D. He's a scorer first, which can be troublesome if he's not a superstar. Jrue has a way stronger body and physical tools to lock someone down, where he can be pesky ball pressure guy.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Mar 19 at 22:22

You're killing me on the Lou. But to me he's a defender first not a scorer. That's just icing to me - the scoring, and the variety of ways in which he does.

And you and I know Jrue's not stronger than him, at least at this point. No way.

Who shoots the tech? Kapono is 6/11 on the season.

Either Willie or Jrue if you go by percentages.

AI9, of course

Good call!

He hit it, though.

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 21:49

Can we get Francisco Elson to shoot it?

This Douglas kid is making everything.

Phantom foul on Jrue, but I'll take it.

Iggy was chewing out Jrue after that play.

Which one, the foul?

Rich reply to Brian on Mar 19 at 21:56

Yeah, he was really getting on him, I saw the replay, it was pretty iffy that it was a foul and Douglas was fading away.

Can Jrue chew out IA9 now for his bad turnover?

AaronMcKie4MVP reply to DeanH on Mar 19 at 21:59

inside 60 secs.... a terrible turnover by Iggy and an airball 3. and people wonder why i dont like the guy

Rich reply to DeanH on Mar 19 at 22:00

He should, but Jrue had one that was just as bad though. Wouldn't happen anyway.

Bad turnover by Jrue.

It amazes me that the Sixers don't have any sets to bust a zone at this point in the season. Absolutely amazes me. EFJ at his finest.

eddies' heady's on Mar 19 at 21:54

And he commits a heist, Douglas that is. come on Jrue you've got to be more aware. And you threw a turnover for a runout, it would have been better if you let the clock expire.

That should do it, folks.

Douglas jumped the shitty dribble handoff. Serves us right, too.

eddies' heady's on Mar 19 at 21:56

And he screws up Iggy's pass. Turnover again by Dala. That damn Douglas, I knew I liked him for a reason. Helping the modus operandi.

eddies' heady's on Mar 19 at 21:57

Well fuck we overestimated! Iggy shoots an airball three. Yes....

That was close.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE loss. Thanks for taking that three AI9.

eddies' heady's on Mar 19 at 21:58

We didn't hear 'clank'. We didn't hear 'boink'. We just heard nothing. Damn, Iguodala.

The Greek reply to eddies' heady's on Mar 19 at 21:59

lol that dude is clutch!

Iguodala's threes are great for tanking, but we gotta get rid of him if he continues to do this shit. His shot selection has to be the worst in basketball right now.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Mar 19 at 22:02

I won't even comment on the getting rid of him. Cause I still hold true to the feelings I had before the deadline. He's just needs to move on, but moreso because of what he's making, and not so much on the player.

This economy is bad and adjustments have to be made. That is, if you're trying to exist. And they better be. Fuck them being another name like the Thunder or something.

I mean it's fucking terrible that he continues to fall in love with his jumper. I think the guy can be the best player on a championship team, but he has to put all of his tools together. He needs to be active cutting into the lane, and finding nice mid-range jumpers when he's not fading away. More than anything, he needs to take a page out of Brand's book and bull his way to the rim. He wouldn't even have to shoot a good percentage to make a killing from the line.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Mar 19 at 22:11

All so true. But like I was typing below, he just is on this other shit mentally. Because, I'm not being critical here and I'm no mind reader but, he just thinks in his mind on that court that he can do things that he in fact really doesn't do well at all.

I've never had that mental block when playing, which is why it frustrates me endlessly as far as the concept of team.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Mar 19 at 22:14

And I meant the concept that he disrupts within the team. Taking ill-advised shots and bad ones period.

wooooo! big loss baby.

You know, I hate to point out anything that contributes to a loss, for fear Jordan will read this and make an adjustment, but you're in a one possession game, basically for the final 6 minutes, and Jason Kapono is on the floor for that entire time. You get killed on the glass, and you play small for the final 18 minutes of the game. This guy is just a complete fucking idiot.

IA9's game has gone down hill greatly this year. He WAS an ELITE player last year. He now is a team leader in turnovers (or very close) and one of the worst 3 point shooters in the league. Wonder why????

eddies' heady's reply to DeanH on Mar 19 at 22:07

To me, with a grain of salt of course - he really does believe he is more than what he really is as a multi-dimensional player. He changed because of the money I'd assume, like he wants to live up to it, in a recogintion type of way. How else to explain being responsible for your own play? Because as proven by him freelancing out of a timeout earlier this year, he has this other-level mindset.

Well done, got the loss.

Wes Johnson looking good early against Vermont. A sound looking jump-shot from everywhere and a monster block in the first nine minutes.

eddies' heady's on Mar 19 at 22:16

Swing game.

Well said...many more to go guys. Just keep truckin'.

If we can get one of the WTF guys or Wes Johnson, I will be happy.

If we get Wes Johnson, Iggy or Thad need to go. Too many SFs. I'd much rather have one of the WTF guys though.

bebopdeluxe on Mar 19 at 23:58

If you were an NBA GM and you had to choose one player - Thad Young or Danilo Gallinari - who would you take?

That question would have seemed laughable at the beginning of the season...

I'm not laughing.

If Douglas is the real deal, this could be the Knicks next season:

Douglas
Chandler
LeBron
Gallinari
Bosh

or...

Douglas
Wade
LeBron
Gallinari
whoever

Wow.

I read how EJ said he wants Iguodala to try and score more. And Iguodalal say how he wants to get the chance to be a high volume scorer.

...and we want to win the lottery.

IMO everyone is getting what they want.

Also, this team can't play against a zone. Not at all. That is why they lost the all those Knicks games. That and TD.

Yup, the NY Knicks zone was more than EFJ and the team could ever figure out. Awesome.

johnrosz on Mar 20 at 1:32

SAC and WASH both choked away wins late...fuck

JohnEMagee reply to johnrosz on Mar 20 at 12:17

Your key player suffering a concussion can contribute to a loss pretty easily