52 Down, 4 To Go

The Greek on Apr 9 at 17:50

Jrue got the best of Jennings last time. We might win this game with Bogut out. That is unless we pull some funk shit like playing Meeks for 35 minutes or letting Willie and Lou run the point for a prolonged period.

BTW, I forget that we even got Elson in that Meeks deal.

johnrosz on Apr 9 at 18:56

Jordan called out Jrue pregame. When asked about turnovers, he just said they have to make smarter plays. He said something like taking a jump step and throwing a bounce pass in the lane rather than going for a lob and getting a charge (I forget the exact quote but he was talking about the Jrue charge) Then followed the statement with "I'm not singling anybody out but..."

What a fucking asshole that guy is. That was a good play by Jrue, the last thing I want is Jordan messing with Jrue's PG instincts. Can't wait for the end of this era.

johnrosz reply to Brian on Apr 9 at 19:13

i just thought it was weird, without Jrue the sixers arent competitive in very many games after the all star break. I dont know what he accomplishes ripping everyone in his path

He's making the case to any potential future employers that this season wasn't his fault.

We're cursed. Jason Smith is out tonight, his absence is probably a five-point swing in this game in the Sixers favor.

Wow, Jordan is almost .500 against the Bucks on his career. That's much better than his overall record as a coach.

Come on Sammy, pick up a couple quick fouls.

DELFINO FOR THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

7-0 start. Come on Bucks, don't ease up.

9-0, timeout Jordan.

johnrosz on Apr 9 at 19:17

5 years down the road, whos haing a better career: Jennings or Holiday?

Holiday.

Kurt Thomas has enough lift to block a Brand "dunk." Sick.

johnrosz reply to Brian on Apr 9 at 19:21

Ed Pinkney isn't worried about EB's explosiveness. "He's realy had a solid year on both ends of the floor" Can we get Donyell Marsall to do color commentary next year please, they might even be able to pay him in weed.

Sick pass from Jrue. Weak shit from EB!

Seriously. How many assists/game would Jrue have if he was playing w/ a guy like Amare?

Ryan F reply to Brian on Apr 9 at 19:40

Amare was the first thing I thought of after that play. He would of jammed that all over Thomas

Sixers can't throw the ball in the ocean. Let's keep it that way, huh?

Damnit, get Sam out of there. We're grabbing too many d-boards.

Delfino looks like Michael Jordan when Kapono's guarding him.

Jrue passed up a pair of threes I thought he should've taken now.

johnrosz on Apr 9 at 19:27

Kurt Thomas is a force to be reckoned with...

Nice, Willie and Lou into the game. Not too pleased Jrue is sitting development wise. As far as losing this game goes, though, good move.

Alright, down by 9 after the first quarter. So far, so good.

24-15, Buckos.

Nice, Willie playing the three. Elson and Speights in the front court.

JohnEMagee on Apr 9 at 19:46

Cavs sitting Lebron, Mo and Jamison vs the pacers tonight
Kobe bryant sitting (vs the wolves) giving the magic a chance to match them record wise

I was hoping they wouldn't have anything left to play for in their final 2 games vs. GSW and LAC.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 9 at 19:53

If they clinch the west they probably tink they don't - only need one win to do that

PRIMOZ!

johnrosz reply to Brian on Apr 9 at 19:50

who needs Bogut when you've got Primoz

Iguodala's hurt. Not sure why they didn't take a timeout. Probably because Jordan's a douche bag.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 9 at 19:56

Probably?

Jrue's shot is way off tonight.

He's not alone. 4/10 from the line for the Sixers. Awesome.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 20:05

Well, I had something better to do, but, I have come this far so..........here I sits and here I watches and here I despisedly root for another damn loss. Just don't make this one as gut wrenching as the Miami game the other night. That 4th quarter was like pulling teeth.

So far, so good - we're on pace for a whopping 72 points total. Sweet.

Horrible first half for Jrue, 0/8 from the floor, 3 turnovers.

Good time for it, though.

Sixers down by a dozen at the break.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 20:24

Oohhh...Jrue with a nice low crossover left to right dribble drive for the lefty toss up lay-in. Nice.

EB got the tanking memo. Iguodala didn't, though.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 20:26

Why was Jrue not shooting on that play there where he got fouled on the drive? He couldn't have been passing, no?

I think he did try to pass it after he got hammered, actually. He was shooting when he got fouled, when he was redirected by the contact he tried to pass as he was falling out of bounds. If that makes sense.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Apr 9 at 20:29

Yeah it really does. But....like you also said, he got fouled as he was shooting so with the subsequent whistle it should have stayed with him 'being' in the act?

You'd think. Refs suck.

Tech on Iguodala, that's rare. Free point!

Jrue's 3/3 so far in the third. 5 turnovers so far, though (one of them should've been on Sammy. Pass right off his hands).

Holy shit. Wizards up on Boston 47-19 right now. Wow. They have games left vs. NYK and IND too.

Brand with a d-board. Wow. Like Haley's comet.

Jrue 4 3!!

Followed by his sixth turnover. Ugh/Yay!

Pistons leading the heat.

That was just a sick fast break. Lob from JH to AI, touch lob from AI to Sammy for the one-handed oop. Pretty.

Phew. Starters cut into the deficit. Luckily, we've got Lou and Willie coming in. Lou at the three, I believe.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 20:42

Jrue's propensity for turnovers of late will not bode well at all if no other options are brought in for next year; that is, if they're trying to win. Cause if anything's a killer on any level, it's turnovers.

But they, and us as fans can live with it because of the small glimpses he offers elsewhere. But if the thought is not having enough to be a contender, he will be like Miller and Iguodala, in keeping us good enough to not be bad and not bad enough to be good.

Ah shit, I guess they're finally building, ... I mean, it has been 27 years you know.

Jrue's turnovers are keeping us out of it. He can fix that next season.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Apr 9 at 20:44

Just some general thoughts, that's all.

Yeah, coming into this game he had a 1.8 assist/turnover ratio which isn't great, but isn't horrible for a rook PG, especially playing for a bad team. I think he'll be fine.

Shit, three-point game.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 20:43

MIL need to get with it!

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 20:48

Man, 5 point game....Jrue and Dre will fuck around and win this damn game by themselves. The Bucks need to get a clue, they are not showing playoff mentality vs lesser teams (whether a worthy partitipant or not). Doesn't that remind you of our team the last few years? Too bad those reminders aren't true.

JohnEMagee reply to eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 22:44

I suppose their best player being lost to injury probably has something to do with it.

eddies' heady's reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 9 at 22:48

Duh, that was the obvious answer. Too obvious. heh

That looked like a charge on Willie to me.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 20:50

This better not be a Willie G or Lou explosion if they come back here.

Thank you, Stack.

Kapono at the four. Come on, this better be a 10-point game before the Sixers get anyone with a pulse back in the game.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 20:52

Speights can't even box out Gadzuric. With the foul. I'd take Dan over him because Dan used to kill us for some reason. Now, he doesn't play.

6/14 from the line for the Sixers.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 20:55

Seriously, if they don't get a bigger lead, when Jrue and Dre and Sam come back in they are going to overtake the Bucks.

Alright, no subs in the timeout. Jordan's leaving this pitiful lineup out there. Iguodala looks like he's hurt too.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 20:58

The Bucks just have to keep knocking down jumpers from outside b/c they aren't trying to go inside at all.

Kapono and Speights are our front court and they aren't going inside. That's hilarious.

Ridnour is my hero. Oh, and Kapono too.

Tech on Speights, nice. Free point.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 20:59

Marreese may have been bumped, but he looked fat as hell after that weak shit. lol

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 21:00

And he gets a T for it. He really cares...

Alright, it's back up to 8. Empty possession here and a hoop on the other end.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 21:01

Delfino 3....they're up 11

Back up to 11. Jordan is a fucking tanking genius.

Man do I love me some Jrue, we need to gut this team and build around him.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 21:02

Hate to keep rehashing old news but it never leaves my thoughts that we really did beat MIL and ATL a week or so ago. F.u.c.k.

Timeout and he leaves Kapono at the four. This is brilliant, just hope Sam doesn't screw it up on his own.

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke!!!!!

Sammy D turnover, nice.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 21:05

Snider hope you have some interns that report to you, if not yourself, but this is the life of a lifer Sixer fan, rooting for fucking Carlos Delfino making a three.

Please tell him to save me from the madness. Please.

And I didn't address this to Stefanski for a reason, ... hint hint.

Alright, it was 9 when AI and JH came back in. Luckily, Jodie can't hit a FT.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 21:08

But as long as they kept the 'guns' on the bench to start this quarter, it is clear that Ed has passed down the order to evaluate, if not clearly tank.

Jrue's post defense is superb, he can really handle bigger players down there.

wtf was that save by Meeks?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Apr 9 at 21:12

Not enough?

Jrue was a foot behind him and he heaved it out to half court.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Apr 9 at 21:17

I know. I meant it wasn't enough b/c he threw it to the Bucks and we were still closing the lead after that Lou and-one.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 21:11

Uh oh they've cut it to maybe 5....come on now

Shit, Lou. 5-point game with 2:00 to go. Come on, need a hoop here.

Hit your FTs, MIL. Damnit.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 21:13

MIL missed the first free throw makes the second. Up 6

Down 4. Come on Skiles, rip someone a new asshole.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 21:14

Dammit, Ridnour misses....but so does Lou....minute left.....Ilyasova with the DAGGER!

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE three by that euro who I'm not even going to attempt to figure out his name.

bdownbear on Apr 9 at 21:15

Good game!!!!!

Sweet pass from Jrue to Sammy for the lob. 5-point game, 47 seconds left. Why can't Jordan call for an intentional foul now like he did against the Wizards in a similar situation earlier this year?

Jrue looks pissed out there. I think he was yelling at Jordan.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Apr 9 at 21:20

I want to be nosy, missed it myself, seriously? dont have benefit of dvr eithere

Yeah, he was pissed about something. Maybe Jordan wanted a trap on Ridnour when Jrue was out there in his jock and it never came. Not sure.

Sammy comes through again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of bounds after grabbing the o-board.

Holy shit, Jrue. You're killing me. Absolutely killing me. I can't hate you.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 21:18

F me. Jrue with the three. And I can't feel good about it. ugh!!!!!!!!

Maybe he had a foot on the line.

5/5 for 13 points in the second half for Jrue.

bdownbear on Apr 9 at 21:20

Jrue's with the three.Jrue-" Hell no, Wall ain't comin' to my town."!!

Come on, hit 'em both.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 21:21

I said it earlier this calendar year on here I think - i wouldn't take Wall as a surefire number one. I really wouldn't.

You like Tuner better? You just love old college players.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Apr 9 at 21:28

lol. But see, they really aren't 'old'. A 22 year old is a hound at that age just like a less mature 19 year old is.

Not just Turner, although he's surely in the conversation, I just am not sold on Wall for various reasons and I just place a lot of value on size that can play both ways.

Look, I've seen him play in person, even though in high school, and I've just always had my critiques. Doesn't make them valid though.

Size that can play both ways, do you mean Cousins? Or are you talking about someone who's not considered top 5 at this point?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Apr 9 at 21:32

Cousins? Eh, not really but....mainly those not mentioned, sans Favors. B/c the rest are guards and wings.

bdownbear on Apr 9 at 21:21

That a boy Jennings.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 21:22

Too selfish, dammit Dre.

Heh. There's the three from Igudoala :)

The haters should come out of the woodwork now.

bdownbear on Apr 9 at 21:23

WTF!!!!

That was a play drawn up for AI.

Good job Luc.

No timeouts left, you think he wants another three from AI9 here?

Dre is clutch, did anyone see Jrue denying Luke the ball on the inbounds? What a beast.

The bucks need to foul here.

bdownbear on Apr 9 at 21:25

SAMMMMMMYYYYY!!!

LOL sammy is da man, 2 nights in a row that he has sealed our loss. It's awesome that we can laugh about it.

You think that was drawn up for a Holiday three, or he just got a cleanish look?

Do the sixers even have any plays?

3 more.

I hate Garnett more then any other player in the league and it's a pleasure to see him getting destroyed by the stat stud Aundrey Blatche tonight

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 21:39

I dislike him too but didn't possess that dislike when he didn't play for them.

I thought he was a jerkoff back from his days as a Timberwolve. The guy loves getting in the face of guys who are 6-9 inches shorter then him such as calderon. He was always a punk. But I do agree that him being a Celtic amplifies my dislike for him. I also hate sheed and pierce. Add Shaq and Lebron and there you have my all dooschbag team.

For whatever it means all those doosches have a ring.

holy shit detroit is up by 6 with 4 minutes to go!!!!!!11

ben Gordon splashes his 5th trey putting up the pistons by 7 with 2 minutes to go!

another bucket for gordon, up by 6 with 46 seconds to go

eddies' heady's reply to The Greek on Apr 9 at 22:02

why is that game not on the pass? shit...

it was on the nba channel

eddies' heady's reply to The Greek on Apr 9 at 22:04

talking to self....duh!

Old School SixerFan on Apr 9 at 22:01

Pistons won!

Old School SixerFan on Apr 9 at 22:02

And the Wizards will win.

bandwagon rida on Apr 9 at 22:03

YES. 2 scrubs win! Hooorayy

Brian's probably doing keg stands in celebration!

eddies' heady's reply to The Greek on Apr 9 at 22:05

Keg stands and keg emptying I hope.

lol at this point he is probably streaking like ferrell in old school. They say losers never prosper but I say fuk dat, we are on a roll

eddies' heady's reply to The Greek on Apr 9 at 22:19

but the pessimist in me says losers don't ever prosper esp when you beat milwaukee and atlants back to back.....Dammit! muthasucka

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 22:08

OK, who possibly can SAC and DET beat to at least catch us?. The Wiz just possibly can't can they?

Detroit's already caught us. They have the Raptors (without Hedo and Bosh) and the Timberwolves left.

The Wizards have the Knicks and the Pacers. They're 1 behind us.

The Kings have Dallas, Houston and the Lakers. Who knows whether the Lakers will be playing any of their starters. They're one behind us.

eddies' heady's reply to Derek Bodner on Apr 9 at 22:23

Thanks. Shit, the Kings don't look good. and that's who i was concerned about.

The wiz could beat Atlanta at home tomorrow. Detroit has a chance to beat Charlotte on the road tomorrow especially if Jackson gets another night off. And maybe even golden state can get a win vs the clippers tomorrow.

sorry the wiz are on the road tomorrow. Maybe the kings could beat a tired Dallas tomorrow.

eddies' heady's reply to The Greek on Apr 9 at 22:21

why is SJax out? I just don't see detroit coming thru tomorrow @ charlotte. just can't see that. the wiz either. so who can SAC realistically beat and DET after that?

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 22:15

Should we bring another family member home (after hiring a new GM of course) in Lionel Hollins? He has no contract for next year. And has quite possibly turned chicken scraps into chicken marsala.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 22:26

Well, at least he would come cheap, which is the way they're going to have to go paying EJ for several more.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 22:34

I know it's hard for the majority of us patrons here. But it has to only get better right? This is nothing short of downright miserable. The pits. I don't ever, ever want to feel this again, I know that. It's just not right. Rooting for my favorite team to lose? You would think no way, never. But here it is, happening right before me.

Fuck this, ever again. Snider has to do more than just get paid. The money don't mean shit to us fans. Cause we're not recipients of it.

Agreed dude, been saying the same thing. We might be in the same position next season with all the lame duck players playing for themselves.

s-jax has an assortment of minor injuries and brown rested him tonight, hopefully he will rest tomorrow as well.

Everyone party tonight. HUGE night all around.

I'll have the rotation chart and wrap sometime tomorrow.

It's a great day for the tanking Sixers supporter. :)

I cannot believe how close they are to the 3rd worse record. They sure know how to tease us. this is the most exciting finish to the season the Sixers have had in years... which is pathetic.

But it makes sense when you consider how franchise altering winning the lottery can be. The next 10 years could come down to the next 3 games.

eddies' heady's on Apr 9 at 23:29

Great day, mate, great day!

Tom Moore on Apr 10 at 11:47

A couple of things:

* Elton Brand, who came into the season with a 20-point career scoring average and shooting 50.1 percent from the floor, has managed a total of 14 points on 6-for-20 shooting (30 percent) in the last three games;

* The Sixers shot a season-worst 45 percent (9-for-20) from the foul line against Milwaukee. Philly has shot below 70 percent from the stripe in 10 of the last 16 games.

Old School SixerFan reply to Tom Moore on Apr 10 at 12:23

Is that evidence that the players are tanking? This whole "tanking ' thing is bothersome to me as a fan. I don't like to root against my favorite team. The league should change the draft order rules in some way that there is no benefit to tanking. I don't have a specific suggestion, but maybe someone has some ideas they'd like to share.

JohnEMagee reply to Old School SixerFan on Apr 10 at 12:32

They did change the rules so there was less benefit to tanking - hence the draft lottery - tanking guarantees nothing.

Crappy teams with nothing to play for are going to play even worse as the season comes to a close - there's less motivation than there is in october when you know you're just playing out the string...factor is a horrible coach and weak fan support and, well, players are people, they aren't extraordinary people outside their ability to play basketball and their flawed like everyone else...Players in general don't like to tank the theory is - but you can 'coach to lose'.

Rich reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 10 at 13:12

Yeah, but I don't think anyone likes to try and lose this seriously. I'm not saying the players are proactively doing it, but I am proactively rooting for them to lose. The lottery doesn't guarantee anything, but it really helps to lose. I still have mixed feelings about that.

I would make the lottery order set at the All Star break. That means games after the all star break would not count towards draft position.

It would be hard to have serious tanking in January, but maybe we would see that under the new system. But at least bad teams would not be punished for winning and actually improving down the stretch.

Old School SixerFan reply to tk76 on Apr 10 at 13:29

That's an interesting idea. I was thinking about making the odds flat for all the non-playoff teams or linear for all teams, including playoff teams or have three teirs with the bottom 10 teams having equal odds, the middle 10 having 1/2 the chances of the bottom 10 and the top 10 having 1/4 the chance of the bottom 10.
Perhaps the real change needed is in the player agreement, making player movement easier. In that way "tanking" to get a better draft position is only one of a few ways to build a team.

I think Bill Simmons suggested this and I love it. You reverse the lottery order, meaning the non-playoff team with the best record gets the #1 pick, the team with the worst record in the league gets the #14 pick.

This would make the difference between being first-round fodder as a #8 seed or having the #1 pick in the draft a potential tanking situation, but it would also have the effect of making every one of the miserable teams scratching and clawing for every last win through game 82. I think I'd prefer that.

Court_visioN reply to Brian on Apr 10 at 17:21

but then crappy teams would stay bad forever. What about giving every lottery team an equal shot? Like literally put in 14 ping pong balls and whichever order they come out determines draft seeding? Second round pick would still depend on record.

I'd prefer the incentive to win over there being no incentive to lose, personally. It'd be great to see cellar dwelling teams making trades to improve themselves at the break to move up in the draft.

I like the idea of determining draft order based on standings in January, or at the latest he all-star break. Nobody is going to tank in December.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 10 at 17:49

And if things like the luxury tax and money didn't exist I'm sure that would happen...but even teams doing well sometimes make moves to try and pay less luxury tax (like Utah) 0- or position for free agency.

Lots of things are wrong with the NBA, whining about tanking is one of the lesser problems. I think the nets were reasonably terrible this year, and lottery or not they had a crap season that built upon itself - i don't think they intended to suck ass or suffer injuries or to have their locker room poisoned by CDR - but shit happens.

The things that need to be dealt with to fix what's 'wrong' with the NBA are numerous, and personally I don't thihk how the freaking draft lottery works is even within the top 10 of them.

Besides, with no draft lottery, there'd be no point considering the sixers chances to get wall or turner of favors - cause they'd have none

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 10 at 17:45

Which defeats the entire purpose of a draft...i've never read a bill simmons ideas that made sense

JohnEMagee on Apr 10 at 12:57

Something slightly more 'positive' to read about the sixers.

I do love this kid:

Holiday : I've really been working since the end of last year (last season at UCLA). I never really stop working. So it's just working hard. When everybody is asleep, I am up working, staying up late, getting up extra shots. It pays off.