A Matter of Hours?

27 will go down as EJ's BEST 1st season coaching record in 3 tries.

Any team that brings him in for "chalk talk" should be required to view the defense on display this last game. How many games have they shot over 50% and yet been blown out?

Statman reply to tk67 on Apr 15 at 8:30

So is the name change permanent?

sfw reply to tk67 on Apr 15 at 9:20

What bugs me is this.
Did Ed Stephanski think the fans would accept this failure in his first year with the Sixers? The track record speaks for itself.

I am so glad that EJ is getting the boot. I believe that the players are very talented and capable of going to the playoffs but EJ's coaching strategies were horrible and held down the team (especially defensively).

I am anxious to see who will be filling his shoes and I hear talk of Larry Brown making a return. At the beginning of the season I thought EJ could improve the team and he sounded like he knew exactly what to do. Now we know the truth.

G-Funk All Stars on Apr 15 at 1:18

As a Rutgers alum and Sixers fan, all I can say is I hope EJ decides it's time for a nice vacation.

Oh man, to have this done officially will be so relieving. This is a better feeling to actually know it's going to happen because I held hope at points until the season. At a certain point (way too long ago), it became apparent that wasn't going to happen. Finally...

Bring back Mo Cheeks.....

Sixers GM Ed Stefanski has been told to "begin work on finding a new head coach," a league source tells ESPN.

There's no real new news here, except for the fact that this report insinuates that Stefanski will keep his job. Eddie Jordan could be officially gone as soon as tomorrow after one woeful season (27-55) at the helm. The next coach would be wise to re-institute the Sixers' running style, which would enhance the fantasy value in the team.

smh1980 on Apr 15 at 2:48

Just played NBA Lottery Draft on ESPN and it took me 5 tries for the sixers to land the number 1 pick. There is a chance people!!! That is the only thing we can be thankful Eddie Jordan provided us. We're lucky not to be sitting at the number 11 spot (1.1% chance for top pick).

Ding dong, the witch is dead!

My real question is Stefanski gone or what? Heard the Aldridge rumor that says that Stefanski's only gone if Brown says yes. If not, then he stays.

Does that mean Byron Scott will be the next coach?

deepsixersuede on Apr 15 at 7:21

I liked the Clippers list, D.Casey and Turner were both on it, defense, defense, defense.

Tom Moore on Apr 15 at 8:47

It's happening at an 11 a.m. news conference this morning.

No need to bemoan what a poor job Jordan did this year and a poor fit he was for the team. Both are more than evident.

Interested more to see what Stefanski/Snyder say and any indications of what they are looking to do going ahead forward especially in regards to the next coach.

Figured it happened last night. No way Ex-coach Jordan would participate in player exit meetings at 10:00am this morning. Praise the Lord!!!!

k-house on Apr 15 at 8:55

Stefanski (in a move to restore his reputation in the league) will likely look to an assistant from one of the playoff teams. So I don't look for much until after the playoffs have ended. Considering that the playoff bound Hawks & Cavaliers are led by former 6ers assistants, it clearly proves why the critisms regarding Stefanski are justified!

paul reply to k-house on Apr 15 at 10:05

Does it have to be a playoff team? Bill Laimbeer is an assistant with the Timberwolves. He has former head coaching experience and took his team to the championship. OK, it was in the WNBA, but Speedy Morris successfully made the transition from the women's to men's basketball coach at La Salle.

Tom Moore on Apr 15 at 9:02
Statman on Apr 15 at 9:10

Kate Fagan reports the same as Tom.

Last bit of Eddie Jordan trivia: he coached his 600th game last night in the NBA. Of the 52 coaches who have coached 600 games in the NBA, guess how many have a worse winning percentage than EJ's .428? Answer is three (Loughery, Chaney, Nissalke).

Frank Fitzpatrick, John Gonzalez and Ashley Fox unanimously believe that this roster has no talent and must be blown up from its foundations.

Luckily, the Jim Rome wannabes don't have a vote.

If anyone is able to watch the press conference, please give us a play by play. If there's a link to watch it online, please post. For some reason, though, I don't think they'll be airing this one on Sixers.com.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 15 at 10:37

I'm assuming/hopng it'll be available on the radio at least - both wip and 950 am have online streams (sr950.com)

I'm disappointed. I was expecting a better headline from you.

90 seconds!

its on espn news rigth now

I'm listening. Ed is squirming.

lol I thought the same thing from watching him.