A Quick Question

i like Eric Gordon from the LA Clippers. EG would really mesh well with Iggy since Gordon doesn't dominate the ball. Describing Gordon game: he's a good defender, gets to the line, and can hit the perimeter three.

JohnEMagee reply to Lex on Apr 21 at 11:27

Yeah, what he said (if he's right about eric gordon)

johnrosz reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 15:47

Gordon is kinda small though. He's an inch or 2 smaller than Jrue I believe. I want a guy thats going to be able to match up on the defensive side of the ball with other 2's. Unless you feel Jrue should guard the SG on D and Gordon on the PG, i wouldn't think Gordon to be an ideal fit.

He's an inch shorter than Jrue, his wingspan is 2 inches longer (at the time both were measured for the draft).

He's got some meat on his bones, though, which can negate height disadvantages somewhat, with proper technique.

He is technically undersized, but I don't see that as an issue with JH and AI9 around him.

JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 11:24

Hmm...not sure I know the guy but

A. Good finisher at the basket
B. Good range from distance
C. Good enough defensively to guard the second best player between the SG/SF on the opposite team
D. REbounds at a league average level (at least) for the position.
E. Can create without the ball...hit the catch and shoot open shot well

Shawn reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 11:37

John, you're looking for the perfect player - top 10 talent. I'd say Kobe in his prime was the best 2 in the last 6-8 years (and obviously MJ before him). He combined all of the attributes you mention, and morphed into a post presence in his older age. (but that's not allowed)

There are multiple types of 2s aren't there? There's the "big" 2 who can also play the 3, which is Iguodala or Wade. These guys play a more physical, drive the basket, get to the line. There's the creative, smaller 2s, kevin martin, iverson who was less a spot up shooter, but could create, ginobli.

There's the long distance 2's, like reggie miller in his oldschool days, ray allen, there's the stopper, distributor 2's.

I think it all depends on your team. The best FIT for the sixers without iguodala would have to be someone physical, tough, can create, defend the perimeter - basically iguodala (which i'm assuming is your point).

No, that's not really my point at all. The main weakness people point out with Iguodala is his jump shooting, I figured people would go with better shooters as their ideal SGs, so I just wanted a couple of names to do a side-by-side comparison with Iguodala. Gordon, Joe Johnson and Mayo are all good examples.

Shawn reply to Brian on Apr 21 at 11:50

Sorry, I misread your post. Keeping all things as is, and playing out the rest of their contract -

Kevin Martin/ Stephon Curry/ Morrow/ Brandon Roy, ariza?!?! /

JohnEMagee reply to Shawn on Apr 21 at 11:53

Hey he asked 'ideally' :)

I was just giving the traits I think need to go with an Iguodala. Most important (i think) is the shooting range

I reside pretty firmly in the "Iguodala's a small forward" camp, so...

Joe Johnson (just a terrific player; my top choice)
O.J. Mayo (good and young, so we'd have him and Jrue for quite a while)
Stephon Curry (though I guess he's playing PG right now; also good and young)
Eric Gordon (also good and young)

Good list. Keep 'em coming guys.

deepsixersuede on Apr 21 at 11:39

Give me Morrow [rest. free agent] for Thad over the summer [3 mill. per to start?] or reach for the sky and go after Mayo. Would Memphis turn this down; Thad, Spieghts and #6 for Mayo and #12? They may lose their entire starting frontcourt, [Randolph on his last year] Gay [ overpayed by somebody] and can draft Henry to play the s.g. . But is Mayo a future star, I am not sure but he does defend.And a simple fallback would be Azuibuke, but Brian mentioned adding nobody older than Iggy and he may be 27 y.old.

I was pretty high on Mike Redd before all his injuries, I like that kind of great outside shooters, ala Ray Allen and, back in the years, Allan Houston

now I like JJ and also Gordon, even if he's not at those levels (yet) obviously

deepsixersuede on Apr 21 at 11:43

Question, if you could give up the same assets for Mayo or Turner, who would you get?

If I'm not giving up Jrue or Iguodala, I'd probably take Mayo to play between them. If I have to give up Iguodala, I'd take Turner.

With Jrue and Iguodala at the 1 and 3 respectively, I would be very ok with Kevin Martin.

Marcus Thornton

Co-Sign on OJ Mayo and Eric Gordon.

Marcus Thornton

Co-Sign on OJ Mayo and Eric Gordon.

deepsixersuede on Apr 21 at 11:49

Is Redick ready to start? Orlando may want to cut salary over the summer and his defense has improved.

Does Reddick shoot like this on another team, in another system? I think he probably does, but it's a legitimate concern. Look what happened to Courtney Lee.

Personally, I think Reddick would be a nice fit between Jrue and Iguodala, not sure he could handle starter's minutes, but I'd look into it. Not sure we have anything ORL would want, though.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 21 at 11:54

How bad is Reddick defensively?

Good question. His numbers look good on 82games.com (14.7 PER against).

I'm wondering if he'd be easier to hide at the two than Kapono was at the three. Here's an interesting comp.

I'd love to get a shooter who could start and contribute something else besides shooting. I mean, it doesn't have to be much, but just be an average rebounder, or pick up a couple steals or something. Not sure any of those guys fit the bill, though.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 21 at 12:02

If only you had access to some sort of video to see how Reddick does defensively and against whom :)

Tonight.

By the by, can we expect similar production from Anthony Morrow in a starter's role? Probably not. We need someone who can curl and create. How's our boy Rip doin?

Mike P reply to Shawn on Apr 21 at 11:54

Old and crappy

To add to D's list:

Ben Gordon(should work with Jrue)
Manu Ginobli
Kevin Martin(athough kind of soft)

sfw reply to sfw on Apr 21 at 11:56

Brandon Roy!

JohnEMagee reply to sfw on Apr 21 at 11:57

I veto ben gordon - he isn't a starter - he can't play starters minutes and i don't think he stands up defensively

i would prefer Eric Gordon over OJ Mayo. OJ Mayo dominates the ball a lot, and that could be a problem since we already have two ball handlers in Holiday and Iggy...

Mayo and J. Johnson would be perfect alongside Jrue and Iggy. Others worth mentioning include: Stephen Jackson, Jason Richardson and if his shooting wasn't a fluke Corey Brewer.
I don't think Iggy is exclusively an SF though so if we are talking about guys he can play well with on the wings there are a number of SFs that deserve consideration like Granger, Batum, Battier, Webster, possibly even Ariza and Gay...

JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 11:58

I don't know if anyone else agrees with my theory but I believe Iguodala would accept not being a primary (or secondary) ball handler and still be a great asset on any team, so i don't know that that's such a concern about this new SG, I think Iguodala would adjust his game accordingly, I believe the sixers are the ones who wanted him to be the primary ball handler and right now they ahve few others

I agree... But it might take some time to adjust his game...

JohnEMagee reply to Xsago on Apr 21 at 12:11

I think it would take some time, but no more than half a season...again...Andre Iguodala was never really the primary scorer on any team he played for until the past couple seasons, in high school or in Arizona...I think he fits into the great complimentary player role really well...taking open shots and alley oops and receiving on fast breaks, he also has great court vision and can be a strong rebounder.

I think he was thrust into this primary scorer role by the franchise and fans expected cause his contract got bigger that his game would somehow change...if the sixers added a back court player who could be a primary scorer I think Iguodala would adjust just fine in about half a season, if not sooner

I don't think it would be an adjustment at all for Iguodala to not be the primary scorer. He's done it the past two seasons whenever someone else on the team got hot. I do, however, think having the ball in his hands is important. He makes plays for other people. I think he'd work well with Mayo (that's where this discussion started, right?) Mayo has gunnerish tendencies, but that may not be a bad thing considering he shoots a high percentage and the Sixers could actually use a go-to scorer.

Would anyone trade TYoung for CBrewer?

I don't think we need to. We can probably get Brewer + an asset for Young...

Young is better, but Brewer is a far better fit.

Brewer was vastly improved this past season, but he's still a below-average three-point shooter. I like his defense, but does he really stretch the floor for you?

If he can keep up his play from the second part of this season the answer is YES. If not we have a problem...

But isn't a lineup of Jrue, Brewer and Iggy at least tempting on the defensive end... They can all guard multiple positions

ojr107 reply to Xsago on Apr 21 at 12:40

I like Brewer, but he is a pretty bad fit here. Our biggest problem is that we can't stretch the floor. Brewer/Iggy might be the worst 3 point shooting 2/3 combo in the NBA.

sfw reply to Brian on Apr 21 at 12:18

Not now but still developing like Young but fits our preferred defensive model...... If Minny gets the 2nd pick and drafts the Ohio st. kid, Thad could be a fit with them. Maybe as Xsago said we could get Brewer, plus ....................................

Gallinari!

JohnEMagee reply to Shawn on Apr 21 at 12:06

The 6'10 guy who plays for the knicks? I'm pretty sure he's not a 2 or a 3 and that he's a soft 4

Nah, I think he's a three.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 21 at 12:11

A soft three

deepsixersuede on Apr 21 at 12:10

We want a stable situation and good character guys, I vote for J.R. Smith !!

lol!!! Hopefully Ed. S. won't hear you :D

deepsixersuede on Apr 21 at 12:19

Didn!t the offense look better with Kapono starting the end of the year? A similar catch and shoot guy is more important than a guy that can make plays off the dribble to me, that is why W.Johnson may be as good a fit as everybody we mentioned and hopefully he falls in our lap without giving up assets.

True, W. Johnson would be a great fit, but is he worth a high lottery pick? I'm worried about his ceiling, not his game...

Matt reply to Xsago on Apr 21 at 13:31

Always liked that guy. Then again, I always liked Vernon Maxwell too...

There were rumors around the trade deadline that the Grizzlies were looking into dealing Mayo. What to you guys think about trading #6+filler for Mayo? I would do it, wonder if Memphis would.

Assuming we land at #6, yeah, absolutely. If we get into the top 3, then no, depending.

JohnEMagee reply to ojr107 on Apr 21 at 12:42

"Filler" isn't going to get you Mayo

Jrue might, Iguodala might, but filler isn't

#6 + Lou + future fist could possibly get you Mayo. Worth it?

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 21 at 12:48

Depends on how much that future first is protected...I'm not sure it's enough, it depends on what Heisley really intends with his roster that is young and competitive, Mayo is a huge part of that, #6 in this years draft might never be as good as Mayo is now...Lou Williams is a back up...so the protection orr lack thereof on the #1 is paramount - and Heisley caringa bout building a winner or not as well

ojr107 reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 12:57

I'm aware filler alone wouldn't get Mayo, but the #6 has a lot of value. Again, I'm not sure they would do it, but considering the rumors about them willing to trade him +Thabeet for Monta Ellis and being turned down, I don't know, and they may have payroll concerns about giving him an extension that would be alleviated by swapping him for a rookie... But its all just speculation, who knows if they would do it.

6+Lou for Mayo? I'd do that in a second. 6+Lou+future first? Depends how strong the protections are on that future first, those things make me nervous cause they get protected for a few years, then the protection dissapears.... 6+Thad? Don't think I would go that far.....

JohnEMagee reply to ojr107 on Apr 21 at 13:03

6+Thad for Mayo after the season Thad had is a no brainer to me - Mayo is already a better player than Thad, fits the sixers like a glove and starts right away...#6 might not fight perfectly or be ready right away.

As for thad, at this point, he probably is at the nadir of his trade value - if you could get mayo for him - with the #6 I say it's worth it

deepsixersuede reply to Brian on Apr 21 at 12:50

Does the #6 , plus Thad and a future #1 get you Turner [#2] ?

JohnEMagee reply to deepsixersuede on Apr 21 at 12:52

That depends on who gets the #2 of course but I'm going to say no...

deepsixersuede reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 12:57

On one of Jonathon!s [draftexpress] webcast!s he brought up the idea of Minn. taking Favors at #2 to compliment Jefferson/Love. It makes some sense because Henry may be there with their next pick and Rubio/Turner may not work. If Turner is there at 3 and Gold. St. gets that pick it could get very interesting.

Highly Unlikely. 3 maybe, but the top two this year are so highly rated it will take more then that.....

deepsixersuede reply to ojr107 on Apr 21 at 13:03

Its funny how workouts change a g.m.!s mind. Turner can!t show all he can do in 3 on 3 settings where Favors is an athletic freak.It only takes one g.m. to get the ball rolling.

deepsixersuede on Apr 21 at 12:37

Another long shooter that is a f. agent this summer is T.Outlaw.

76Degrees on Apr 21 at 12:39

Kevin Martin would probably be my #1. He's usually efficient offensively, and although on defense he's not that great, he does score well without needing the ball in his hands at all times. One of our problems is that Iguodala and Brand need to dominate the ball to score - you need someone that contrasts that, who can run off screens and score that way. Joe Johnson relies on too much iso and Ben Gordon is too small (besides, we have Lou Williams, who sin't much different from Gordon). So I pick Martin. Another (more realistic) option could be Rudy Fernandez.

deepsixersuede reply to 76Degrees on Apr 21 at 12:48

I am a big Rudy fan but he has dissappointed with Roy out; it is his time to step up and he hasn!t. But he works for me if it doesn!t cost much.

what about rudy fernandez? i dont particularly like him but hes got some size and plenty of steals it seems and can shoot

actually, salmons would be the best fit, bring him back

deepsixersuede reply to paul on Apr 21 at 13:08

I remember Brian saying recently not trading for, or signing anybody older than Iggy, it makes sense in a lot of ways. Actually it may make sense to just play Lou and Meeks this year to get another decent pick next year, as long as Willie sits.

holeplug on Apr 21 at 13:32

If its just anyone other than Kobe/Wade than Brandon Roy followed by Joe Johnson.

Damn Brian, think you asked the right question...

In terms of a guy who could be ready tomorrow, Joe Johnson strikes me as the best fit. Good size, can get his shot off, plays some D, good shooter, good rebounder and passer, and low maintenance. Would love to have that guy. He's 28, which is older than Dre but not by much. And he'll likely be available, but I don't know if we'd have what it takes to get him via sign/trade. (Sammy would actually be a great fit in ATL, but good luck convincing them of that.)

Of the young guys, Mayo would be a great fit for the team. I would trade the #6, Lou and a top-5 protected #1 next year (that's me being overconfident, god knows why) to make that happen.

Joe Johnson.

Can shoot, handle, defend, pass.

Pretty much the ideal SG IMO. Only problem will be his salary.

JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 13:49

And age

Re the Sixers /Iguodala/SG:

1. I don't care which position UIguodala plays. As long as the other guy is a shooter and does not need to dominate the ball to be effective.

2. Iguodala's problem is not his shooting. It is his shot selection.

3. I would not give up 2 #'s for mayo or Gordon. They might be bad for several years, and cannot give away #1's unless they are top 20 protected forever.

4. I would target Rudy. He could really thrive if he is the 3rd best guard in your backcourt and Jrue/Iguodala are creating openings for him to shoot or drive.

5. I would have given Carney a run at starter. If you can get plus defense and the ability to hit the open corner 3 from your SG that would be enough for now. I'd much rather spend our assets on a long term answer at C.

"2. Iguodala's problem is not his shooting. It is his shot selection.
"

54.6% adjusted on catch and shoots, more efficient than 78% of the league.

34.4% on jump shots off the dribble. More efficient than only 31% of the league.

Iguodala's more adaptable than people think. The problem this year was Thaddeus Young vastly underachieved from what we needed.

deepsixersuede reply to Derek Bodner on Apr 21 at 14:44

QAre you saying taking the ball out of Iggy!s hands and letting him be a catch-n-shoot guy is the way to go? In that case Turner makes sense.

I'm saying it would help his efficiency tremendously, and his lack of a jumper may not be as big of a hindrance as most believe, and that Iguodala's not a good enough half-court player to be our focal point, and it hurts his efficiency asking him to do so.

Turner would be great, just from a sheer talent perspective. Hard to make happen, though.

I think simply "handing Jrue the keys" might help Iguodala tremendously.

deepsixersuede reply to tk76 on Apr 21 at 14:58

Jrue has to be handed the keys in order for us to add a Henry or Morrow type player than, it makes sense. Does a Lou and Jrue backcourt allow this or is Iggy not confident of Lou taking more control offensively?

Lou is more of a scorer than a shooter. I don't think you can have 3 ball dominant players in the backcourt.

But Jrue/Lou/Thad could work for stretches with the 2nd unit. Especially if Thad improves his jumper.

deepsixersuede reply to tk76 on Apr 21 at 15:12

Adding a guy ready to step in and contribute, [W.Johnson?] may allow Iggy to allocate his shot attempts immediately rather than looking to score a lot early next year. Thad!s big scoring stretch 2 years ago was probably putting that thought in Iggy!s head a bit but if he only followed up this year.

I think this supports my point. Iguodala is not a guy who can't shoot. He's a guy who takes a ton of shots off the dribble- which is his weakest area (next to taking shots 5-15 feet on the run, where he is brutal.) Also, Iguodala took more spot up jumpers his first 2 years. he was more effective at generating more inside shots in 2008/9. Last year he took too many shots off the dribble- partly due to EJ.

Of course I don't have synergy, but I'm pretty sure the stats bear this out.

This discussion took a different turn than I had planned for, but I'm glad it did. Good thoughts and contributions from everybody. The post I'm working on tonight really doesn't have a whole lot to do with what talked about though.

I was just about to write something about Iguodala the SG. I still will, because I think it's a topic paramount to the future, regardless of whether we draft someone like Johnson or stay and retain Thad.

You know my stance. We've talked about it quite a bit before.

Joe Johnson, Kevin Martin, Brandon Roy, OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon.

johnrosz on Apr 21 at 15:55

Watching the Utah game the other night,and seeing Korver operate made me think this team sorely lacks a guy that plays really well off the ball, catch and shoot type player. Willie Green tries to do that but he usually ends up hitting the side of the backboard. Rip was great at that in his prime but hes really declined.

If i had to go with one 2 guard I guess itd have to be Joe Johnson. Jrue, JJ, and Iggy would be a very physical 1-3, and Joe Johnson is a guy that can really fill it up.

Is Johnson really a deadly shooter from long range anymore, or is it still just reputation?

36% last season from three, 36.9% last season. Hasn't shot 40% since his last year in Phoenix, and only did it one time, in his walk year.

johnrosz reply to Brian on Apr 21 at 16:18

Didn't know that. We all know that somebody is going to overpay for Joe Johnson after this season, I just think he's one of the only 2's in the league with a respectable jumper. I think I see the point you're making here, there aren't really that many great shooters leaguewide out of the 2 guards that are head and shoulde above what Iggy gives you overall.

Speaking of shooting guards, think OKC is kicking themselves for taking Harden over Curry? He was lazy/invisible last night...

Because of his role, JJ has to force lot of difficult 3's late in the clock when the offense stalls. If he was asked to be more in the old Suns role he would be 40% or better.

Sort of like Iguodala's issue with shot selection, but with a better jumper.

JohnEMagee reply to johnrosz on Apr 21 at 16:34

Kyle Korver isn't a starter

johnrosz reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 17:59

I don't think I said he was, just saying that type of shooter is a quality I'd like in a starting guard...

Tom Moore on Apr 21 at 16:15

Iguodala can be the "shooting guard" if the 3 is a good perimeter shooter, such as when he was paired with Kapono. Trading for a quality swingman who can knock down jumpers won't be easy. Other than Holiday, the guys the Sixers would be willing to trade don't have as much value as they thought/hoped. Green? Speights? Williams? Smith? Even Young's value has dropped.

Don't think Williams and No. 6 would be enough to land Mayo.

Tom, you didn't report to us your latest news!

Report: Jordan contacts Rutgers about coaching job
By: Tom Moore
The Bergen (N.J.) Record, citing a "source familiar with the athletic department," reported Wednesday that former 76ers coach Eddie Jordan has contacted Rutgers about its vacant men's basketball coaching position.

Jordan, who was fired after a 27-55 season with the Sixers, played on Rutgers' Final Four team in 1976 and is a former Scarlet Knights' assistant.

Jordan will be paid $6 million over the next two seasons by the Sixers. His career NBA coaching record is 257-343.

JohnEMagee reply to sfw on Apr 21 at 16:44

Wasn't this 'news' about a week before Jordan got fired?

I think it was more of a connect-the-dots thing a couple weeks back. I just like the image of Jordan grovelling for a job.

Correction, grovelling for a college job.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 21 at 16:53

WOuld you let Eddie Jordan coach an 8 year old team?

johnrosz reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 18:01

Only if they are going to bite as puppies

johnrosz reply to Tom Moore on Apr 21 at 16:24

Tom, do you get the feeling that an Iguodala deal before next season is still a possibility? Perhaps draft night? If Golden State lands in the top 2, that backcourt of Curry,Ellis,Wall/Turner would be awfully crowded...I wouldhate it, but it seems like an Ellis for Iguodala deal could be plausable.

I hope not.

JohnEMagee reply to Derek Bodner on Apr 21 at 16:41

And Ellis for Iguodala deal would be awesome...in this regard

TONS of Iguodala haters would love it cause they think Ellis is exactly what the sixers need, everything that Iguodala is not, and then they'd watch Ellis play with his volume shooting and usage and piss poor shooting percentages and passing and realize how much greener the grass was.

I mean, I expect Iguodala to be gone in this off season, but for Ellis would just be the icing on the cake of terribleness

On the other hand (that's OTOH for those of you who can't be bothered to type entire words), why would Don Nelson WANT Andre Iguodala when he has the perfect player for his system in Monta Ellis?

When people talk about building this team around defense...

it sort of goes to pot if Iguodala and Sam are gone. Having a good defensive PG and a bunch of sieves for teammates does not project well.

Agree 100%.

JohnEMagee reply to tk76 on Apr 21 at 16:47

When people talk about trading for Monta Ellis, are you under the impression they care about defense?

Holy crap. Ellis played 2,600+ minutes, took 1,406 shots and finished the year with 0.0 offensive win shares? How the hell is that possible?

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 21 at 16:57

Cause he's freaking terrible

hence why trading iguodala for ellis would at least provide comedy because iguodala haters would love it cause ellis averages so many points - but it would make the sixers SO much worse - plus

Holliday
Ellis
Young

think about the rebounding and defense of that trio

And doesn' monta ellis have like a massive usage rate?

10th highest in the league.

But, really, 3 of them (Eddy Curry, Patrick Mills, Brian Cook) play so little they don't count.

Well, at least Ellis doesn't have poor body language.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 21 at 17:12

And you know he isn't afraid to take a shot...plus he scores over 20 points pergame - so you know he's awesome

Born leader, and according to Eddie Jordan, he's one of your best offensive players, ergo, he is also one of your best defensive players.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 21 at 17:15

Can't argue with that kind of logic :)

I have to double check my sources, but I believe he also, "bit as a puppy."

That's too much.

JohnEMagee reply to Brian on Apr 21 at 17:26

I don't read local papers so thanks to swag bucks i found the source of this

Damn thing published on my birthday

Shawn reply to johnrosz on Apr 21 at 16:41

Ugh.

Mike P reply to johnrosz on Apr 21 at 18:01

Minny is said to LOVE Iggy, and they have some nice pieces we could possibly get from Kahn.

Mainly Kevin Love. Say we could get Kevin Love and their pick for Iggy and our pick (or some combination of our non Jrue players)

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat, mainly if their pick is higher than ours. Say they have the 2nd and we have the 5th or something.

I am in favor of trading Iggy, but not for a bunch of crap. I'd rather get GS' pick and Biedrins or Morrow whatever instead of Ellis.

Mike P reply to Mike P on Apr 21 at 18:04

Imma still hope for the number one pick and a chance to see the J. Walliday combo experiment.

If they got Wall and immediately traded holiday I'd be very angggrryyy.

JohnEMagee reply to Mike P on Apr 22 at 10:25

By Whom?

OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon, JJ Reddick in that order

JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 17:46

COY - scott brooks - 27 game turn around most important thing for ESPON to mention in the alter i received

Is 'more wins than last year' the primary voting for COY to you?

Mike P reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 17:52

Nate McMillan should have won that. His team exploded and he still got to the playoffs in the west.

Maybe it's more of a result of the deep roster that has been assembled there? But then you can say the same for the Thunder with Kevin Durant's leap into superstardom.

Tom Moore on Apr 21 at 18:03

Think there's a good chance Iguodala gets traded this summer. Also depends on who is calling the shots for Sixers.

Mike P reply to Tom Moore on Apr 21 at 18:07

It all depends on what we can get for him.

Hopefully there are more than one team that over values him/just needs one more piece to be a contender and doesn't care/is dumb.

Like I've broken record repeated in my posts, basically every player can be moved except Jrue and I will be fine with it. AI9 is a great SF, but if we get a great offer, take it.

JohnEMagee reply to Tom Moore on Apr 21 at 19:17

Tom

Do you have any 'inside info', whether you choose to share it or not, or do you just feel that Iguodala will be traded this off season?

Do you think it's dependent on whether or not Mr Stefanski keeps his job?

johnrosz on Apr 21 at 18:11

This is awesome, I will puke if the Sixers even think about bringing in this clown for an interview.

JohnEMagee reply to johnrosz on Apr 21 at 18:34

He's a better coach than mo cheeks, tony dileo, or eddie jordan

in fact he's probably better than every coach the sixers have had SINCE larry brown

MrHubbs reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 19:17

Sorry I don't want any more of a 15 win teams leftovers. Noone from that organization should be hired here. I'd rather have Mo/DiLeo although DiLeo as a coach is something you can't expect

JohnEMagee reply to MrHubbs on Apr 21 at 19:22

Oh I see, it's Franks fault the team was disgusting and massively injured with massive player overhaul and frighteningly young.

Sure they only had 15 wins, but i like their roster for the long term hella more than the sixers roster...just looking at the wins and losses ignores quite a bit.

But Ed Stefanski came from that organization.

Watch that organization that you mock and belittle, because they just got a great new owner who is going to spend cash and gets to move to brooklyn.

johnrosz reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 19:42

It defies logic that you would defend Lawrence Franks coaching credibility, yet completely rip apart JVG's. If you had your pick of coaches, would you put Frank ahead of Van Gundy?

JohnEMagee reply to johnrosz on Apr 21 at 19:53

They are two entirely different people with different situations, I have no interest in either of them coaching the sixers...

But then again you think Iguodala for ellis is 'plausible'

johnrosz reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 20:30

Plausible implies that the deal is "superficially fair" In the NBA world it's an entirely realistic scenario. I also said that i would hate it. I'm sorry that you misinterpreted my post.

JohnMagee reply to johnrosz on Apr 21 at 20:32

Pretty sure I didn't misinterpret, possibly you don't know what superficially or fair mean though.

It's only 'superficially fair' if one is a true moron...a straight up trade is an anal violation of the sixers.

johnrosz reply to JohnMagee on Apr 21 at 21:06

I think league wide it wouldn't be considered as lopsided as you're making it out to be. I wouldn't be a fan of the trade but it's not an absurd thought, at all. I think a lot of the bickering you get involved with on here could be avoided if you didn't state your opinion as fact all the time, rubs people the wrong way.

JohnEMagee reply to johnrosz on Apr 22 at 10:23

Yeah, and what I really want from you is your opinion on my personality.

If a lot of people around the league saw it as fair, then those people would be morons.

Everything I write is inherently my opinion, i just believe it strongly, if you need me to spell it out for you each and every time, that sounds like a comprehension problem on your part.

MrHubbs reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 20:12

Eddie Jordan is from that branch too....nuff said.

Jesse reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 21 at 23:42

Career .483 winning percentage. Very solid. Then again, wins and losses apparently don't matter. No thanks.

JohnEMagee reply to Jesse on Apr 22 at 10:24

Don Nelson is the career leading coach in wins

So he must be an awesome coach?

Jesse reply to JohnEMagee on Apr 22 at 12:09

Career .557. You tell me.

Trading Iguodala is retarded unless you are also able to get rid of Brand. Or if the deal is just amazing such as Minnesotas 2nd overall pick and Kevin Love.

Ideal would OJ Mayo. Pairing him up with Jrue and Iguodala for the next 5 years would really be a special backcourt.

Iggy can definetly be traded during the off-season. With so many teams with cap space, and only so many quality free agents; i expect Iggy and the Pistons Tayshaun Prince to both be targets for teams that could strike out in free agency--the Twolves, Kings, and Clippers.

Teams may actually prefer Prince even though he may not be the player that Iggy is. Prince is still a quality SF that a team can get for a nice one year rental while preserving their cap space for 2011.

JohnMagee reply to marko on Apr 21 at 20:52

Of course he CAN be traded, but should he be, and should the sixers accepts 20 cents on the dollar or demand quality back (Monta Ellis is 20 cents on the dollar, if that in terms of ability)

Mikael Pietrus...
joke.

Check out this footage of Donald Sterling. The Clippers owner is a creep...