Summer League Game Four

Hey Brian,

I think I heard Speights was only scheduled to play two games this summer league. Maybe he played a third because his shot was quite horrendous. I don't think we need to read anything in it.

joeykey on Jul 8 at 19:38
johnrosz on Jul 8 at 19:39

I don't know if this Turner kid is gonna be able to make the roster

joeykey reply to johnrosz on Jul 8 at 19:46

yea he looks like @ss but really summer league traditionally means NOTHING

Steve s on Jul 8 at 19:41

I said it before this summer league started and I'll say it again Cedric simmons is a player and will make the finalnroster. Could carve be a very good defensive shot blocking energetic big off the bench

joeykey on Jul 8 at 19:50
Stephon on Jul 8 at 19:56

Evan Turner for Brook Lopez. Would you do it?

Jason reply to Stephon on Jul 8 at 20:05

I would, New Jersey wouldn't lol.

Zach Attack on Jul 8 at 20:13

Turner can't even dribble. I think I might be a little concerned here.

Ugh, that bad tonight? I'm going to watch later. Jrue's playing, right?

Zach Attack reply to Brian on Jul 8 at 20:16

Nope torn hamstring. Its not even worth watching.

Wait, Jrue tore his hamstring?

DaveM reply to Brian on Jul 8 at 20:35

No Jrue didn't tear his hamstring. He's got a left hamstring strain, just a precaution.

Jason reply to Zach Attack on Jul 8 at 20:32

Is this last Summer League Game for sixers?

Zach Attack reply to Jason on Jul 8 at 20:48

One more tomorrow. Not sure who they go against but it's on at 10 AM.

joeykey on Jul 8 at 20:51

yea...im gonna turn off this game and watch lebron single-handedly destroy his homestate during a nationally televised press conference that he called.

should be pretty hilarious.

Jason reply to joeykey on Jul 8 at 21:08

This special is pretty awful lol.

Damnit...

Down goes Twitter.

The teams I hate, in order:

1. Celtics
2. Heat
3. Lakers

uggh this is disgusting.
i hope they get hit with a truckload of injuries.
talk about selling it all for a ring.
lets see how this will play out.

OK, so no matter who they sign for the minimum to fill out the roster, we're talking about the balance of power in the east looking like this:

1. Miami
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. Chicago?

I hope this motivates the Magic to get Chris Paul. That would stop Miami from winning a championship anytime soon.

You feel adding boozer is enough to make Chicago ahead of Atlanta?

Still don't think free agency is over...still don't think wade bosh and lebron with no bodies is enough.

Also, I don't get why Lebron goes to Miami, the perception to me that he went to play with Wade, that he needed wade. Any titles that he wins are tainted to me because the Heat are Dwyane Wade's team, and that Lebron is coming along for the ride. I'm not saying it's a fact, but Lebron went to Wades team

LeBron Pippen.

jkay reply to Brian on Jul 8 at 21:58

CP3 + Howard would pretty much trump anyone but the Lakers IMO.

Can't believe Miami got all 3 of them. Is LBJ/Wade/Bosh plus a bunch of league minimum vets enough to win the championship? I'm not sure. I actually think I am going to root for the Celtics or Lakers before them.

...how long 'til Shaq decides he wants to go back to Miami now?

About 1 second less than it takes for LeBron to veto that idea.

Miami wants to sign players who can still play basketball.

Jason reply to das411 on Jul 8 at 22:04

The Ex Cav i expect to see in Miami is Ilgauskas.

Changing the topic, on a sorrowful note Mel Turpin (former NBA C from Kentucky) committed suicide. He is a guy I'd have put on the all nickname team (they called him "Dinner Bell" Mel Turpin). They don't make or give nicknames like that anymore.

AaronMcKie4MVP on Jul 8 at 22:11

why is the NFL the only organization that has thir prima donnas under control?

a 1 hr special so the 'best player in the world' can make a pu$$y move and go to a stacked team. gimme a break. leading the cavs to 1 ring would be much more fulfilling than winning 4 under these circumstances. his legacy is dead.

That's sad. Any suicide is sad. I'll say this about Turpin as a player: he was a great shooter. His first 2 years in the league, it looked like he was going to be better than Bowie, but he just couldn't stay in shape.

On another topic: Beasley for a 2nd round pick? Wow. I guess Riley figures a title is pretty much guaranteed and he can move anybody but the 3 superstars and not get anything back but salary relief and 2nd rounders, so he doesn't have to take players in the 1st round. The only first round picks of any significance he's made in Miami are Wade and (I guess) Beasley, right?

speekeasy on Jul 8 at 22:23

yea it sucks. The worst thing for me other than Lebron single-handedly castrating the city of Cleveland is that these three world class players (LBJ and Wade are the two most exciting players in the league) are gonna be playing in Miami. They have the worst fans in the NBA (or are at least pretty close). The arena has been half-empty for years with Dwanye freaking Wade on the team. Disgusting. Those half-ass fans don't deserve it.

Unfortunately the Heat are gonna be legit. Probably will win 2 out of the next three titles. All they need is a defensive center and a shooter (and a little depth). Lebron or Wade can run the point. Bosh can play a bit of center. Anyone who thinks they can't coexist didn't watch the Olypmics. Lebron and Wade are both great defenders and great passers. As much as a dislike Miami and now suddenly the entire Heat organization, they're gonna be a lot of fun to watch. The Cavs had their chance to keep him. They had to win the title this year. Traded for Antwain Jamison. I thought it was a great trade. Jamison came up really lame in the playoffs. I hope no one buys Lebrons ugly ass Heat jersey.

speekeasy reply to speekeasy on Jul 8 at 22:26

sorry my post was so long yal i needed to vent.

No problem, good post.

Dan LeBatard said the same thing, and he's a Miami reporter. "We don't deserve this."

I agree with you about how these guys can play together, but one thing bothers me. The way the Celtics-Cavs series played out was just plain weird. Game 5 was bizarre and the final minute of Game 6 was excruciating. The Cavs gave up when they were down what, 9 with 70 secs remaining? Can you imagine Jerry West playing like LeBron did in that series?

I'm completely serious when I say this: I'm glad LeBron is not on my team. It seems like a huge burden. He's bigger than the team and if they do win a title, it's merely what's expected. And there's that demonstrable lack of competitiveness that's very troubling. The Sixers were expected to win the title the year Moses was acquired, but he was not in the least bigger than the team, and it was a very, very exciting season. I can't see that happening in Miami. It's going to be like watching an investment firm have meetings.

Jason Mess on Jul 8 at 22:38

Was busy who played for us today ?

Some guy who wearing #12 who looked like Turner but played like Kenny Payne...

speekeasy reply to tk76 on Jul 8 at 22:48

i was thinkin Kenny Powers

Da reply to tk76 on Jul 8 at 22:50

I thought that was Kevin Ollie!

With Jrue out, I expected Evan!s coming out party.

I turned the game off, it was ugly. Proud of myself, tried to watch "The selection" and couldn!t stand it so went back to Phillies, what a diva!!!! Will route for Kobe over him from now on.

AaronMcKie4MVP on Jul 8 at 23:06

all i know is Quintel Woods lit up the summer league season after season dropping 30+ a game. and our # 2 pick plays like a pedestrian. summer league means nothing. but i still want a #2 pick to look like he can be on the court.

The Knicks became relevent tonight without getting Lebron. They get a p.g. and they are close to us.

They're already close to us in that they have no interior defense.

Right now their lineup would be:

Douglas
Azubuike
Danillo
A. Randolph
Amare

with Chandler and Bill Walker coming off the bench? Eh.

Awful situtation with Nelson out there for Randolph so this is a pretty good trade for the Knicks. I'm guessing Turiaf's contract sucks a little. Randolph is pretty close to breaking through.

Why would you guess Turiaf's contract sucks? Look at all the garbage being handed out this off season. Mike Miller is going to get way too much money as well. Turiaf is paid like an NBA bench player and that's what he is. He's a solid defensive rebounder off the bench.