Sixers 2010-2011 Schedule

Anonymous on Aug 10 at 14:31

my predictions:
w

Jesus, take a look at this stretch:

Friday night, Dec. 17, Lakers at home. The next night, on the road in Orlando. Then two days off, at Chicago Tuesday night, the next night, at Boston, three days off, at Denver, Sunday night. The next night, at GSW, one day off, at Phoenix. One day off. At the Lakers. 15 days, 8 games, 3 back-to-backs, 7 games against playoff teams, 4 games against conference finalists, 3 games against NBA finalist, 2 games against the defending NBA champs.

Fri. 17 L.A. Lakers 7:00
Sat. 18 AT Orlando 7:00
Tue. 21 AT Chicago 7:00
Wed. 22 AT Boston 7:30
Sun. 26 AT Denver 6:00
Mon. 27 AT Golden State 7:30
Wed. 29 AT Phoenix 7:00
Fri. 31 AT L.A. Lakers 7:30

The Sixers had 20 back-to-backs in each of the past two seasons, as a point of reference.

Two road trips of five or more games, longest homestand is 4 games. Seems fair.

MylesKong reply to Brian on Aug 10 at 16:08

Our second 4 game homestand ends the season. Should be well rested for exit interviews.

1 TNT game 12/8. 3 NBA.TV games.

I guess Evan Turner is not seen as much of a national draw.

Hmmn, wonder why ESPN doesn't have any games scheduled for New Year's eve. Also strange the the Sixers/Lakers are playing at 7:30pm EST on the West Coast.

MylesKong reply to Brian on Aug 10 at 16:02

It was idiocy to have a game airing while the ball dropped anyway. I'd imagine the defending champs get enough respect that they get to enjoy the festivities too.

Well, they certainly got a cushy schedule. only 15 back-to-backs. Fewest in the league.

The sixers seem to be on the west coast every new years

And pardon to what's his names geographic prejudice, but the game in LA will be over long before it's new years in LA. The Ball doesn't 'drop' at 9 PM Pacific time.

Well, the ball does drop at 9pm pacific, I mean, the only ball people watch is in NYC, right?

I suppose it does, but it doesn't televise nationwide, NYC is not the center of the nation, and there are a lot of better things to do than watch 10s of thousands of drunk idiot tourists scream about a poorly timed ball

It doesn't televise nationwide live that is.

I'd personally rather be watching a sixers game than a ball drop anyway

NYC is the center of the universe :) And you don't have to be on the left coast to have something better to do than watch the ball drop. I've been watching the Sixers the past two seasons and actually quite enjoyed it.

Stan reply to Brian on Aug 10 at 17:48

they've gotten killed in every new years eve game

mike reply to GoSixers on Aug 10 at 18:05

they have disney on ice or something in philly at wachovia/wells fargo during december, so the sixers always have their west coast road trip scheduled while it's taking place

tk76 reply to Brian on Aug 10 at 21:35

FYI: http://www.sbnation.com/2010/8/10/1616038/2011-nba-schedule-back-to-back-games

The Sixers with the 2nd most (22), Lakers with the least (15.)

Court_visioN reply to Brian on Aug 10 at 17:53

it's not, all times are local.

Ahh, good call. So 10:30 in the PM on new year's eve. The wife is going to be excited about that one :)

Court_visioN reply to Brian on Aug 10 at 18:01

count down to the ball dropping at the end of the third quarter, haha =)

Good report card on Iguodala from today's practice here.

Court_visioN reply to Brian on Aug 10 at 17:57

looks like, as expected, Iguodala has a starting slot pretty much locked up. Getting most of his reps/court time with Durant in NYC.

Rose, Curry, Iguodala, Durant, Center. Not sure who I'd start at that center spot, but I like the other 4. I'd probably go with Love, for the rebounding.

johnrosz reply to Brian on Aug 10 at 20:35

Would've been more excited to here Iguodala has been relentless taking it to the hoop/showing off some post moves/effective from mid range..."sick dunks" aren't going to get me too thrilled.

Tom Moore on Aug 10 at 19:18

Iguodala today on opening the season against the Heat: "I don’t care who we’re playing, an NBA D-League team or a high school team — I’m going to be excited."

Will have more later on Iguodala in a bit. Had a 10-minute 1-on-1 with him after practice.

Great, looking forward to it.

Tom Moore on Aug 10 at 19:42

Coach K on Iguodala: "He's great. I love him. Believe me, I love him."

Tom Moore on Aug 10 at 20:31

Iguodala: "Last year, I wasn’t happy, with the losing ... (Now) I’m happy playing basketball. I’m in a good place, mentally. I’m really enjoying myself right now.

Tom Moore on Aug 10 at 20:34

More Iguodala: "I never really tried to pay attention to (fans not appreciating him, in his eyes). I never let it bother me. I know what I can do.

"I have a close friend who was really watching me play and said, ‘I never knew you were that good.’ People say, ‘I didn’t know you could pass.’ A GM told me recently, ‘I didn’t know you could pass like that.’ It’s my sixth year, you know what I mean (smiles). I think it’ll all come together."

Tom Moore on Aug 10 at 20:40

Iguodala on playing with talented USA teammates and watching Heat add LeBron/Bosh: "Rudy Gay and I are really close friends and we always joke about being on the same team. People think about it all the time. But I definitely want to bring it to Philadelphia. I'm looking forward to bigger and better things in Philly."

tk76 reply to Tom Moore on Aug 10 at 20:49

I wonder if that statement will be prophetic...

I could see Iguodala getting traded to Memphis for scraps.

Maybe after this year they will trade him there and we will get the honor of watching Thabeet "develop"- because for some reason I think the Sixers will be in the market for a legit defensive center after this seasons :)

Tom Moore on Aug 10 at 21:33

U.S. team played a lot of 2-3 zone today with Iguodala down low on one of the sides. Select team (college kids) ran a lot of man and used Greece sets to prepare U.S. for upcoming game.

My guess is Eric Gordon, Granger and Rondo or Billups are the final three cuts.

Tom Moore on Aug 10 at 23:44

Iguodala on Jrue Holiday: "Jrue’s a great point guard. He’s going to be one of the top guys in the league. People don’t know what he brings to the table. People don’t know how good he is, either. That’s what I like about him. Jrue’s a young guy. I’m not letting anything happen to him. I’m like his bodyguard. With him out there as well, we’re going to continue to grow. We’re going to surprise some people and we’re going to continue to get better. I’m looking forward to it."

Good to hear.