Team USA vs. France

Sloppy, sloppy play by Team USA. They need to start taking care of the ball.

Tied after the first quarter. Pretty poor basketball being played by team USA right now, imo.

Iguodala with a sick play. Blocked a lob pass, then beat the passer to the ball, off to the races for a dunk on the other end.

Much better second quarter, up 9 at the half.

Tom Moore on Aug 15 at 14:02

Iguodala played nearly four minutes more than the next USA guy (17:21 to 1332) in first half.

Tom Moore on Aug 15 at 14:19

Nice second group with Rose, Gay and Odom coming off the bench.

Simmons- "Not crazy about USA Hoops Final 13. Too small, too many G's, not enough boards. I'd dump Iggy & Westbrook for Blake Griffin."

Contradicted his statement.

Rondo and Westbrook for a big who has actually played a game in the NBA would probably be a better idea.

Rich reply to Brian on Aug 15 at 14:41

I like Kevin Love too, but I think people are going too strong with this 'white guy who is a 4 who can shoot threes once in awhile.' He's overmatched athletically.

Iggy's D has been superb in this game, making a ton of those defensive plays. He might have 10 deflections.

31-point win, but this team has a lot of work to do. They also need to seriously trim their rotation.

I'm worried about Rondo being the starting point guard. Team USA can't have him monopolizing the ball like he does with Boston.

My starters would be

Billups, Curry, Iguodala, Durant, Chandler.

I'm not crazy about having Westbrook or Rondo on the floor, to be honest. I'd think about Rose starting at PG, but I think that lineup would be a bit too young.

Rich reply to Brian on Aug 15 at 15:06

I don't think Westbrook will be on the floor at all. I actually like Rondo on the floor with his pressure defense. I just hope he doesn't dribble for 20 seconds and then look to make a play like he does with Boston. Ball has to move in the Worlds.

Court_visioN on Aug 15 at 15:14

something I thought was amusing - on an ESPN chat of the game, one fan called AI9 "Eaglewhoadolla"

Maybe Dre can have the nickname "The Eagle" haha

Eric DeBerardinis on Aug 15 at 19:58

Supposedly, Curry and Gordon are fighting for the last roster spot. And also reports say a nine man rotation with Curry/Gordon, Love, and Westbrook on outside looking in.

I personally am not a fan of Danny Granger, but the other 8 I think will work well together. I'm looking forward to watching.

That doesn't make sense to me, honestly. I don't like keeping Rose, Westbrook and Rondo because none of them can really shoot. You need guys to knock down threes, Curry and Gordon are the best shooting guards they have. I'd probably cut either Westbrook or Rondo (Rose is a better shooter than both of them). Good to hear about the 9-man rotation, but again, I'd have that shooter getting decent minutes, I think they're going to need him.

Court_visioN reply to Brian on Aug 15 at 21:40

I would agree with you in cutting either Westbrook or Rondo. I'd say Rondo has a much better shot since he's already appeared in those ads alongside Durant.

Court_visioN reply to Court_visioN on Aug 16 at 0:06

no pun intended re: "better shot"

Tom Moore on Aug 15 at 20:36

Asked coach K afterward about how Iguodala impacts the game without scoring.

His answer: "Iguodala’s been as good as anybody we’ve had so far. His defense is just at the highest level. He’s really one of the great defenders, I think.

"He has scored the ball well, Today, I think he had two shots and it didn’t stop him from playing defense. I talked to him right after the game and said I’ll try to get you more than (Sunday’s) two shots. He said, 'No, coach, I’m OK.' "

Tom Moore on Aug 15 at 20:40

Iguodala called Thursday’s addition of Rod Thorn as Sixers president "definitely a step in the right direction. He was with Ed Stefanski in Jersey when they went to the Finals two years in a row with J-Kidd. We’re going to make moves to get better."