Team USA vs. Spain

eddies' heady's on Aug 22 at 17:00

Andre seems to be in mid-season with his shooting form....A wide open three from the top of the key with under three min left...CLANK!....right off the backboard...looked familiar.....at least he hit something on that try, unlike his first attempt minutes into the game

johnrosz reply to eddies' heady's on Aug 22 at 17:39

Agreed. He's just never going to be a good shooter. We just have to hope that he loses that aversion to attacking the rim and getting to the line (I have my doubts) In his mind he's an all world shooter.

Your ability to read Andre Iguodala's mind not withstanding, I expect most people missed the great passes he was making most of the game as well.

johnrosz reply to GoSixers on Aug 22 at 17:52

I'm not necessarily mad at him for taking a wide open 3. It would just be nice for a guy who seems to work on that aspect of his game so much to...I don't know...improve?

And while i cannot read his mind, I can only deduce from his obnoxious number of three point heaves/ridiculous Kobe-lite fadeaway jumpers in iso situations where he's got 3 inches and 25 pounds on his defender, that he does in fact fancy himself an elite shooter...

Rich reply to johnrosz on Aug 22 at 17:46

I mean, he was wide open and I don't think it's him thinking he's a great shooters. Now I don't think he should take those late unless he's hot earlier in the game (he wasn't here, so it wasn't a good choice). Still, he's trying to keep the defense honest when they are playing way off him and trying to become a threat to score offensively. I wish he would try to get in the paint and dish to someone, which he did well today, but it's not like that shot was a force.

johnrosz reply to Rich on Aug 22 at 17:55

"I wish he would try to get in the paint and dish to someone, which he did well today, but it's not like that shot was a force."

That's my main gripe with Andre. I know he's a great defender, solid creator etc, I just wish he was more hell bent on penetrating. By all measures an athletic freak, although not a great finisher around the rim, he should be able to create contact and get himself to the line far more often than he does.

Phew, great game of basketball. Really competitive for an exhibition game. Andre had his moments, but I was a little disappointed down the stretch with his play. He shot a really ugly jumper and let Navarro blow by him for a three point play in super-crunch time. Didn't seem very confident, but Coach K is gonna go down with him on the floor.

He did make a few very nice passes during the game, which Odom failed to finish and then make FTs. Set up Durant for an easy layup and finished it off when KD missed it. Rose and Durant were huge down the stretch.

Where can I find a box score for this game? Searched espn/nba.com didn't find one.

Court_visioN reply to Jason on Aug 23 at 0:16

usabasketball.com

I think Iguodala was expecting a screen when they led with 84-82, but Navarro started slashing before Marc Gasol came over. It was a brainy play.

deepsixersuede on Aug 23 at 7:48

Rubio will be fun to watch in the N.B.A. but if his shot doesn!t improve he will be backed off of a lot. Fernandez does other things well, rebounding and making plays. I wonder if he gets a starting shot before giving up on the N.B.A. like Navarro did.