Sixers @ Cavs and DF Fantasy Hoops Draft Thread

Jess Sayan on Oct 19 at 18:35
MikeW reply to Jess Sayan on Oct 19 at 18:39

Thanks...we need something to take our minds off of this pathetic baseball team.

Rich reply to MikeW on Oct 19 at 18:44

Yeah, the team who has probably made the best four year run in Philadelphia history is 'pathetic.' I'm frustrated, but come on.

Joe reply to MikeW on Oct 19 at 18:53

I don't know if I have seen a worse display from any Phillies team I have seen in the last 10 years at least. The problem is that these guys are spoiled and aren't focused. Hamels... what a pathetic outing. That guy makes me sick sometimes.

johnrosz reply to Joe on Oct 19 at 19:05

you are joking right

Joe reply to johnrosz on Oct 19 at 19:28

Of course

Rich reply to Joe on Oct 19 at 19:10

What?????? Hamels wasn't bad at all today. Not his sharpest but pathetic isn't even close to the mark. If Utley doesn't boot that ball, he goes six innings and gives up two runs, pretty damn good. Not to mention he threw a CG shutout last game. Stop being so ungrateful.

Worst performance in 10 years? Are you pining for the Robert Person days again? Good lord. Yes, the offense was the problem today, and they need to get going, but they aren't spoiled. I think they'll bounce back, but SF pitching is really good, and that wins in the playoffs. You guys need some perspective.

MikeW reply to Rich on Oct 19 at 19:15

Rich, I think you need to chill out and get a sarcasm detector. I'm sure we all love the Phillies here, and are extremely happy to be in the postseason yet again. People tend to get upset after getting shut out in playoff games. And I am assuming Joe's post was complete sarcasm.

Brian does not love the phillies, he loves the yankees, it's the actual source of his depression

It's only frustration Rich, when you can't score a run, I can call them pathetic on this day. Chill out chief.

Crap, that link is only audio. Anyone know of a video link???

tk76 reply to MikeW on Oct 19 at 19:18

It looks like it is not on league pass- so unless someone in Ohio is streaming it, we are out of luck.

BTW, there used to be several people who would stream all of the Cavs games... I guess they took the fan activity to south beach...

MikeW reply to tk76 on Oct 19 at 19:21

you mean they also took their talents to south beach?

tk76 reply to MikeW on Oct 19 at 19:22

Yep.

Speights took all of 6 sec to generate a shot attempt.

Iguodala 7 reb in 1st qtr. Showing why he would be the teams best PF.

I'm dead serious about that. Maybe after Collins gets his melon checked out he'll try it.

tk76 reply to Brian on Oct 19 at 19:34

Its what the little general said he would do.

It was a stupid idea w/ that roster. With this roster all we're left with is stupid ideas.

Jack Straw on Oct 19 at 19:34

I need to get my computer fixed. Says Speights has 4 rebounds in 4 minutes. Can't be right.

He is the best rebounder on the team, ignoring position, historically... not saying a ton.

For a PF, I think he is close to average.

Ryan Hollins with 10 points in 8 minutes on the Sixers bigs. Encouraging.

tk76 reply to Brian on Oct 19 at 19:59

Giving up a 17-0 run. I guess the Cavs just have better players.

tk76 reply to tk76 on Oct 19 at 20:00

Run ends at 20.

Anyone in the draft yet? My java seems to be freezing up a bit.

I'm in.

Rich got the #1 pick. Joe, you're #3. I'm #11.

To anyone who said Dre can't be the #1 scorer for this team because of what he did in highschool or college please check his first half stat line. This guy can do whatever he wants on the court. He has superstar talent just not superstar heart. I hope they don't trade him for Tim Perry and Jeff Hornicek.

The cavaliers are not good

News Flash!! The Sixers aren't that good either! Against the Cavs Dre should score 35+ every time.

I meant 25+. No one can guard him on their roster.

Jack Straw on Oct 19 at 20:43

I don't like Turner getting such little burn in this one...

This is from Fagan's article - and kind of worrisome

In talking to Collins' son, Chris Collins, an assistant coach at Duke, Chris said that his dad took a spill in Arizona and they think he suffered a concussion from it. Since then, he's had dizzy spells and perhaps the lifestyle change (i.e. spending 15 hours a day trying to figure out these Sixers) has amped up the symptoms.

Has he seen a doctor since the spill or any of the dizzy spells started? Is this his first doctor visit in 4.5 months since the spill or did Chris convey the info poorly?

johnrosz reply to Jack Straw on Oct 20 at 1:34

Michael Curry is a hard ass. Old school jackass that wants to play vets at the expense of rookies.

He may be our coach for some time.

johnrosz reply to Brian on Oct 20 at 2:03

Yikes

DOug Collins has been talking up Andres Nocioni this fall, seems to me his primary concern is winning and not playing rookies

Jamiechung on Oct 19 at 22:06

It's official, EVAN TURNER IS A BUST, we should have taken DEMARCUS COUSINS who was the best big coming out of college.

Now we're stacked with wings and no true big.

What a waste of a pick...hopefully we won't win shit and get another chance at a top pick. Go sixers woot!

Nice work in the draft everyone.

My season is resting on the health of Greg Oden. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Yeah, Cop Rock seemed like a good idea t the time too.

After Wright gets center eligibility you can trade for him :)

Now we just need the Sixers to trade for Oden and we'll be all set!

Court_visioN reply to Brian on Oct 19 at 22:31

i had to leave the draft halfway through and i ended up with EB... =\

There some waiver players who won't suck as bad :)

Latest on Melo leaving Denver:

Wonder if we're in the picture? Can't say I'm too excited about giving up Iguodala (I'm assuming he's the player desired by the Nuggets) for some Knicks leftovers...

Something like this? link