Game 2 Thread: PHI vs. ATL

Are you implying that Joe Johnson is over paid? HAve you seen his PPG?

Is it possible to have the same comment system you had for draft night for the game threads?

Brian

How much does it cost to add one of those live chats into a thread?

Not sure. They're free usually, but there may be a limit to the number you can run for free.

Ultimately, those are really a pain in the ass to maintain, I spend more time dealing w/ the chat than I do watching the game or even participating.

Ah, i figured it was a cost limitation thing, not a miantaining thing. Weird

There's one system I tested a while back, but never rolled out. It uses Ajax to post and there's an update button so you don't have to refresh the page. I wasn't crazy about a couple of the "features" though. Maybe I'll take another look when I have a chance.

Ajax really shouldn't require an update, weird, you just put it on a timer to recheck every 60 seconds ;)

I'll keep an eye out in my traversing if i find anything :)

Mike Bibby is a turnstyle nowadays so our guards should really have nice games. Keeping Smith and Horford off the glass will be a challenge of course.

Looking forward to this one, but I got a feeling I'll be missing Sammy D about 5 minutes in. How quick can Hawes pick up his first 2 fouls so we can have Collins slide Dre over to the four to check Josh Smith? I'd much rather see that matchup than Brand trying to keep up with him.

Collins hasn't gone in that direction yet, not sure if he will.

Zumoff is pumped up. Wonder how empty the WFC is tonight.

Jason reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 19:02

I counted 50 people in the background.

I wonder if Zumoff will call it a late-arriving crowd. That's my favorite description of an empty arena.

Speaking of which, last I heard, Miami's home opener wasn't sold out. They deserve it, terrible fans down there.

Same ball-complementary starting lineup. Here we go!

Jesus, why is one bad game from Jrue such a big story? Seriously, people thought he should be benched tonight? Give me a break.

Josh Smith is covering Hawes. He opens w/ an ugly lefty underhand hook. Made it.

Jrue for three! AI9 w/ the assist.

Are the picks that Spencer Hawes set legal? He puts his arms out in front of him crossed, very weird looking.

Sixers open 5/5 from the floor. Atlanta is content shooting long twos.

Timeout Atlanta, Sixers up 11-2.

Hi all,
Kapono and Hawes are still starters? wow!
go sixers!

Hey - if they only get 13 minutes, I don't care if they get to be on the floor for opening tip ;)

Andre making long shots. He does do that from time to time people!

Really crisp offense. I loved the way they got Hawes a mismatch and Jrue an open three.

Johnson shouldn't be able post Iguodala up that easily.

Are we playing well or just hitting jump shots we don't generally hit?

More of the latter.

WTF Jrue, don't help so far off him!

Ugh, Jrue lost Bibby for a corner three.

That was an ugly pass by Hawes.

Rich reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 19:18

Deja vu from last year. Ah that close out was much better.

Dre attacking well.

There you go, Jrue. Nice contest on that long two miss by Bibby. Iguodala going to the hoop off cuts, back-to-back trips to the line.

Brand appeared to play some pretty good defense on Smith though. Brand's actually been quite alright so far this season.

Yep. Nice work on the blocks against Horford on the other end as well.

I believe Brand will be ok with rest, but back to bakcs he's going to just suck on the second half.

Hawes can dunk, huh?

Rich reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 19:22

He's getting abused by Horford on the other end.

Hawes plays so god damned soft inside, on both ends.

Great hi-lo, except Hawes turns a layup into a hook shot.

The defense looks real bad.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 19:25

Wow on the crowd. The shine has certainly worn off only the 2nd game in, if there ever was one. You would think they would be hyped up about seeing the #2 draft pick at least. And the Phils are done too.

Check out the risers, behind the hoop. There are about 10 people in that entire section. Pitiful.

The #2 pick is a bust

ESPN and the media said so.

They showed up on opening night for The Heat

Philadlephia is not a good town to be bad in. Your fans won't show up as much

Kapono is useless.

I like how our offense is essentially a 4 on 5 with Kapono out there.

Also what does Spencer Hawes do better than Zoubek? Anything?

Handle balls.

No one wants to know how you know that.

Nocioni first off the bench.

Turner for 8th man of the year?

Nice drive by Jrue and went to the hoop strong, drawing the foul. Like that.

Jrue's making quick reads tonight. He even split the D and gave EB an easy one that he blew.

Nocioni w/ the transition three.

Horford could probably score 50 if they gave focused on him.

Brand looking good on offense.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 19:31

Ugh, brand gave horford an easy layup on that one. last year he would have fouled, and hard.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 19:31

meant Marvin Williams

Damn, the mullet got abused by Marvin Williams on two straight.

Jrue with the nice drive on one end, then the nice block on the other end. No d-board, though.

Why isn't anyone at least attempting to guard Horford around the basket?

Correction, Turner for 9th-man of the year.

Did he really hit him there?

Big round of applause for Turner as he enters. At least as big as 2,000 fans can muster.

Crawford is such a faker. :(

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 19:34

so the refs want to look to see if its a 3 tonight but didn't do that when Wade stepped over the line on his the other night

Clearly, the NBA has a vested interest in Miami winning games. Read into that what you will.

I know Doug is still meshing the different units together but this has to be the last time Kapono gets a start. I mean, he literally adds nothing against the opponent's starters. He's better off in spurts off the bench. We all knew this already but just restating the obvious.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 19:35

the stands do appear to have filled in a l'il, at least on the sides but not the endzones

Collins subbing offense (Speights) for defense (Battie) in the last 15 seconds of the 1st quarter.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 19:37

The defense just caved in the last half of that quarter.

OK, Sixers down 30-33 after the first.

Offensively, they looked damned good. Defensively, they looked pathetic.

They are running that cluster well when they are in the half court. They are pushing to get good looks early too. The Mullet seems to like those transition threes.

Defense is really bad, as expected.

End of 1st Q ATL 33 - PHIL 30. I'm learning how to run a tough D from this match.

Favors out-playing Cousins head-to-head right now.

Damn, Turner is just a sick rebounder. Can't say enough about his technique and desire on the glass.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 19:44

I agree on the desire thing which makes Speights look even more bad.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 19:42

Speights is borderline useless it seems too. He had Noc on the cut under the hoop and hoisted up an airball

Speights is like Hulk

Hulk Smash
Speights SHoot

Rich reply to GoSixers on Oct 29 at 19:46

Haha, seriously.

Sixers haven't scored since Jrue went to the bench.

Does anyone else notice that this second unit isn't comfortable running the sets?

Lou's dribbling too much, and it doesn't look like Turner is really running the point, does it?

Rich reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 19:48

No, I think Lou and Speights are tough to run stuff with, even though Lou set up Hawes and his useless hump shot.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Oct 29 at 19:50

Hump may not be right, but sadly jump isn't either.

Typo, but he actually looks like he has a hump back.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 19:46

Thanks coach for the quick hook on Marreese

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 19:49

lol folks booing at Hawes after missing his 2nd in a row..lol

Pitiful. Absolutely fucking pitiful. Hawes has 6 inches on a guy and goes to that pussy hook bullshit. Useless.

Rich reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 19:51

Hey, it was worth the risk to a take a 'one year flier.' I'm stunned at how bad he is in the post.

Except it's not 'just' a one year flier - there's 7.5 million to the mullet next year?

Rich reply to GoSixers on Oct 29 at 20:05

Yeah true, that's what people liked to call the one year 'gamble' with Hawes.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 19:53

That's why I'm lol-ing at him b/c that's not how I'd attack if I had that much on a guy, not to mention my jumper I think is better than his. he was drifting away on that mess too..ha

Iguodala's jumper is on.

Turner with the quick hook tonight.

Rich reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 19:54

He should have pulled Lou. Turner looked fine to me, giving effort on D.

Agreed.

Heh. Iguodala is on fire.

My grandma moves better than Hawes, seriously!

Maybe Favors outplayed Cousins when they were on the floor together, but Cousins does have 10 and 4 in just 12 minutes.

Favors has 6 and 3 in 9 minutes, and one dunk on Cousins face, from what I hear.

Good foul by Lou.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 19:56

I'll say this, that much talked about effort from the other night doesn't appear to have entered the building yet. They look disinterested to an extent. I know the crowd support is huge but at some point you've got to bring those emotions out yourself.

The impossible JTI combo is on the floor. Another three for AI9.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 19:58

Dre on fire!

Jrue to Turner to Iggy. JTI for three.

Alright, heat check failed, please don't fall in love w/ the J, Iguodala.

Nice look to EB on the break.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:00

Come on. Play some D

Brand to Hawes as Hawes begs for the ball:

Iguodala played the best Post D of the night. Triple-double watch. EB has been good as well.

Man I thought we were going to get Hawes' first 3pt attempt there but he gave it up.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:02

Whew i thought lou should have pulled that . got in anyway from EB

Loved Turner's defensive intensity on JJ.

Iguodala wanted the assist to Lou on that break.

Yikes. 3 minutes, 2 turnovers, 1 foul, 0 points for Speights.

3 fouls on Lou, 3 fouls on Jrue, 2 fouls on Turner.

BIG backcourt for the Sixers. AI9 and ET.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:06

no small ball being player right here.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:07

played.

AI9 running the point, huh?

He's capable

I know, just surprising that Turner isn't running much point, even in this alignment. He's there now.

Hawes continually gets pushed under the hoop when he's going for a rebound. Have I called him pitiful yet tonight?

Sure, but we knew that going into the season didn't we?

A lot of stupid fouls by the Sixers, bailing out the Hawks. Stop the damn reaching and play straight up.

Sweet, long two for Hawes. Exactly what I want out of an offensive possession.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:09

man that was weak too from spencer but it went in

Turner's gotta be more assertive. He looks a little passive again tonight.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:11

Sheesh 62 pts given up already. When he went to this big lineup who was it that he took out that stunted that run we were on? Or was it multiple subsequent subs?

Nocioni for Lou killed the rally. Really, Jrue and Lou each picking up 3 fouls killed the rally.

Someone tell Turner that we didn't draft him to pass to Hawes. Also tell him to learn how to shoot the basketball.

Rich reply to Tray on Oct 29 at 20:14

His shooting motion isn't perfect, but the rotation on the ball is good. He's been just long on all his misses tonight.

Down 10 at the half, should probably be worse than that. Hawes has taken 8 shots.

52-62. Our "starting" SF played about 8 minutes in one stretch, then sat the rest of the half.

I'd love to see more JTI after the break, ATL only scored 3 points in the 6 minutes those guys were on the floor together.

the JTI stuff is HUGE. Hope someone on the bench is charting the same thing.

Speights & Hawes...apparently height isn't the only thing that can't be taught!

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:25

Wow ATL has 21 FTA and has only missed 15 shots from the field, and that's at the half. Pretty stellar or pretty swish cheese?

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:28

Noc starting the third

Nocioni takes Kapono's spot to start the third.

Bibby corner three :(

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:29

And Spencer with another joke provided for my entertainment.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:29

and a real aggressive attempt at a rebound there....insert sarcasm here

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:35

btw, the above were two different back to back plays

How many different ways can I say Spencer Hawes is useless?

I've heard of this bookk. It's called The Saurus. It has lots of neat ways to say words. I"ll pick you up one.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:30

Damn, LOL Hawes looks funny as hell

LOL at Hawes. The modern day Scott Williams for fans to boo at.

EB is playing well, he threw Powell out of the way on the D boards.

Recoup that trade value, Brand!

That's a foul on Josh Smith.

Yup - Bullshit no-call.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:39

He walked there no call..

Collins is about to lose it on the bench after Horford walked and no whistle.

They're running no offense at all right now.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:40

and jrue jacking one too early in the clock

Iguodala driving now. Probably won't matter in the grand scheme of things, but great to see him making things happen when the offense is clearly stalled.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 20:44

He's going to have to put them on his back and keep attacking. Be aggressive in the half court after receiving the ball like he was on that secondary break you mentioned.

Iguodala got hit on that drive, if Crawford whimpers it's a foul though.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:41

every damn body is just standing still on our sets wtf?

Better Dre, keep taking it hard.

I think Battie should play a lot more than he does. Sad.

Yep. At least he can stand his ground on the inside.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Oct 29 at 20:45

And he will set a semblance of a pick/screen, which most others don't do.

Collins standing up, saying "Way to go Dre." Still much better than last year already, applauding defense.

Iguodala is single-handedly keeping them in this game.

Rich reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 20:47

Just let him run off the screens within the offense. He got the mullet a great look there.

Andre making every play possible on the court!! :)

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:48

Now draw some fouls already being in the penalty with 3 to go

Speaking of Iguodala, Broussard's rumor finally made it online.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 20:51

somebody didn't rotate there that wasn't battie's fault

Thad.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 20:54

Oh, the overhelper? How unironic...

I'm always amazed when someone falls for Lou's jumper pump fakes.

Crawford just hit two killer threes. Nothing Jrue could do, he had a hand in his face both times.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Oct 29 at 20:52

He has seemed to have closed out late on a couple tonight to me. One he fouled on I think.

Pretty break.

Anyone else feel like they aren't that far away from being in this game?

They're definitely in it. 10 points heading into the fourth. Definitely.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Oct 29 at 20:58

Sure I feel that way too. It just seems DC is mixing and matching himself to death, but for good reason I believe.

I'd start Battie at this point. Gives us the best chance.

That's true, and so unbelievably sad.

Really nice play by Lou and Thad.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 20:57

And then Thad made another weak attempt to defend the rim after he got that nice dime.

They have to play Battie and Brand together. I'm sick of soft front-court play. Both of those guys are tough at least.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Oct 29 at 21:00

If his knees could withstand the flare-ups, I agree.

AI9 and Jrue both on the bench to start the fourth. Sixers still down by 10.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:02

Why let Zaza catch the ball that deep?

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:03

Did Thad run the wrong lane on that break? Was that really on Lou?

What happened to Turner bringing up the ball when he plays with Lou?

No idea. If he can play off the ball, he should be starting. In fact, he should be starting either way. Kapono is a joke.

Ugh, Brand and Battie starting to play poor interior defense now.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:05

Thad needs a quick hook. Man

Yep.

Jrue
Lou
Turner
Iguodala
Brand

Go to it right now, Doug.

Alvin reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 21:09

Yes please. this game seems lost. I want Jrue/Turner on the floor.

eddies' heady's reply to Alvin on Oct 29 at 21:10

I somehow still feel like we're in it. The crowd wants to cheer, I'm sure if not just from the beer.

Why don't they run the cluster? Why is Thad posting up?

The Greek on Oct 29 at 21:10

Unless they trade Iggy for an interior big man who can block shots and get rebounds it appears as if were going to get one hell of a lottery pick again.

Kudos to you Brian for correctly predicting the stench of Hawes. Combined with the poor man's Andre Blatche in Speigths we appear to have the worst interior defensive team that I have ever seen.

cousins v favors. middle of the fourth quater.
so far cousins has 10 and 4. favors has 10 and 7.

Pressure perimeter defense is their only shot. Absolutely the only way they can get stops and fuel the transition game, which is in turn the only way they can score. They need to start swarming the ballhandler, trapping and doubling.

It feels like Nocioni has played the entire 2nd half, and it's not a great feeling.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:13

ANd he puts Thad back out there. Lets see

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:14

Did you see Evan go and seek out that dang board right there?

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:15

A street car named 'desire'.

MULLET!!!!!!!

btw, 3 sixers going for a board, I kind of like that.

Can't Nocioni post up Bibby? Jesus.

Alvin reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 21:18

I think he feels it hurts his "tough" image to pick on someone smaller than him.

Ugh missed free throw.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:16

Ugh they took til 9 were left to get in the set there and end with a rushed j from Evan. Bad offense.

I'd have Iguodala on Johnson and Turner on Crawford right now.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:17

Lets go. play some D

PRESSURE DEFENSE ON THE PERIMETER!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on.

Doug Collins is just messing with us. He never plays Turner and Holliday together. He apparently wants to play Nocioni 30 minute s (what for?!?!). And he does not slap Thad in the face when he shoots a long jumper. What is this team's plan?? Come on!

Get Thad out of there. Seems like all the shots go to the cold shooters.

And Thad draws his second charge.

I gotta say, I don't hate how The Mullet has played these first games.

Alvin reply to Rich on Oct 29 at 21:28

Same here. I just wish some of those minutes would go to Turner instead.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:23

I like Noc out there. He brings some needed things.

All Mullet all the time.

There should be a mandate to give Turner 30 mins per game regardless. Even when he's not scoring he is a much better factor out there than most of the other guys. And the sooner he gets enough minutes the more I feel it will help his development.

The only time he should be sitting is when he needs a rest.

O-boards just kill you. Nice D by Iguodala and Jrue on the two chances ATL got there. Really nice.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:25

I love Dre's game but I wish he would get back to that attack.

I can't decide which is more hilarious, the 76ers inability to get any rebounds at all, or how quickly the broadcast team figured out they should NOT show the new chick in HD...

how about you stop launching 3's dre?

JRUE!!! AI9!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MULLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Near dunk for the mullet.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:25

A damn lob. Sheesh.

Saw that coming as soon as EB helped that hard. Damn.

This is purely going by numbers, but I can dig Elton Brand's contributions so far in the first two games of the season. It's not worth the size of the contract no doubt, but he's doing what he can out there. And the numbers are not too shabby.

He looks motivated. Wondering how long it will last if they're quickly 10 games below .500.

A shame this hard working team is a donut. Nothing in the middle.

Old man moves in effect.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:28

Boy, EB looks crisp.

I definitely like Nocioni's ball pressure better than Hawes' ball friendliness.

Mullet w/ a dunk!

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:29

F me.

A Smith three. Fuck me.

Josh Smith with a three. That's like a Matt Bryant 63-yard field goal as the clock expires to beat you.

Oh man. Noc shutting me up with the great follow. Nice!

Killed by a Josh Smith three pointer. That's...that just hurts.

Nocioni isn't that bad. Hard to believe we may lose to a Josh Smith three.

Court_visioN on Oct 29 at 21:30

thats the shot you want Atlanta to take but Josh Smith... guess they gotta go in sometime...

that was the play out of the timeout, really?

I mean it is a good situation whenever you give Josh Smith a three. He just happened to make it this time. Damn.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:31

Ohhhh I wish Lou would have made that

Damnit Lou you gotta make that.

I hate these Iguodala threes at the end. He's made some tonight, but still.

Court_visioN on Oct 29 at 21:32

Why, Doug Collins? Why that play?

Whenever the play is an Iggy 3 it feels to me like the team doesn't have a coach. An Iggy 3 is like a last resort.

But maybe Doug went "well Josh Smith just made one, perhaps Iggy could too"

Rich reply to Alvin on Oct 29 at 21:35

I don't hate that he's shooting a three, it's that they are step-back off the dribble. If he is getting a standstill open look off a pass, I'm fine with it.

Sick lineup out there.

Jrue
Lou
Turner
Iguodala
Nocioni

The "crowd" is actually in this game.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 21:36

And it took a missed free throw with under 20 sec left, do they only serve light beer or something?

stressin me out

They're seriously cursed. How does Brand's shot not fall?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 21:37

It's called the Stefanski effect.

i still can't believe collins wanted an iguodala 3 out of that timeout. that was the possession of the game right there.

eddies' heady's reply to mike on Oct 29 at 21:39

Are we sure that he didn't just decide to take it himself? Was it that obvious that it was the intended look within the play call? Idk, I'm just asking....

Looks like Vegas was onto something, again.

Miss one, Johnson. Come on.

miss! here we go...

Smith three is the difference right now.

Nocioni's shocking play and limited minutes from Hawes and Kapono are making this team look like a 30 win team.

Mullet time?

Please? Something good. One time.

yikes

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:40

That wasn't something good. Was that suppose to go back to the inbounder?

Bummer.

Can't blame Nocioni much on that one. Good game, mullet.

Well, those hoping for us to tank this season can take comfort in the fact that there will probably only be 5 games this season when Andre and Brand are both this good on offense. Probably only one game all year when they're both this good and Lou takes 13 free throws.

Joe reply to Tray on Oct 29 at 21:42

Stat of the night? -10 on the boards.

Rich reply to Tray on Oct 29 at 21:45

I don't know, Brand seemed tuned out from Jordan. He did this against two good defenders too. Those guys are capable of playing at a pretty high level. Andre played very well, and he still shot about 4 or 5 too many jumpers.

Should Elton Brand really be in there on the last play?

tk76 reply to Jason on Oct 29 at 21:44

Yes. To set the pick.

Jason reply to tk76 on Oct 29 at 21:47

I know this might get me killed on here, but wouldn't Spencer Hawes be better in this situation? If he ends up wide open he can shoot a 3. Brand they don't even have to guard.

That wasn't a terrible effort. Obviously they have no interior defense, we already knew that. The Mullet is playing well, but his M.O. is that he wears his welcome out. For now though, I like him.

More Turner/Battie and less Kapono/Hawes and we might be competitive.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 21:43

Good game guys. A win sure would have been nice though.

Nocioni are you kidding me?? He HAS to force that ball into Iggy. It's Iggy's shot. Whatever good Nocioni did he just screwed it up on that play.

Play Evan Turner 30 minutes a game, come on. It's not like we are gonna make the playoffs. What is the logic of starting Jason Kapono and playing Nocioni 30 minutes??

Joe reply to AJ on Oct 29 at 21:47

I think it Collins is realizing Kapono is completely worthless.

What I wonder though is if/when the mullet slows, then what?

If Nocioni keeps this up, Thorn should be able to flip him for something later on. I was rooting for him out there - that putback was with Argentinian AUTHORITY.

I agree. If the plan is to give Nocioni minutes so he shows his toughness and intangibles so we can flip him to a playoff team for something (anything!) then the plan is a good one.

I think the play was supposed to be for Lou Williams and Nocioni just didn't pass it.

They played a playoff team really tough, basically with both arms tied behind their back (no interior defense whatsoever). Good game.

The rotation chart is up on the game capsule page. I'll have a recap later tonight.

CB reply to Brian on Oct 29 at 21:56

Yeah, it looked it was supposed to be Lou coming towards the ball as a decoy, then they pass it to Noce and Lou Will flares back out off the Brand screen for the cross-court pass and shot. It looked like that part of the play feel apart so Noce just had to chuck it.

Good comeback - solid effort to stay in this one after the 1H defense. 2H scoreboard looks much more reasonable.

This does look like it's going to be a very very entertaining, competitive 10 win team!

yea collins just said the play was run for lou, nocioni just didn't hit him

brian thanks for everything, man. this blog just gets better and better. you are the man, and i hope to see you on nov 7 at the garden.

I actually bought my tickets yesterday. Looking forward to it.

So around the league, Miami is blowing out Orlando despite dominant play from Howard, perhaps suggesting how good Miami can be defensively if they try (the Magic have shot 30.5% and non-Howard players are 10 for 45), Indiana, our next opponent, won on the road at Charlotte behind 33 from Granger, Rondo had 24 assists and Garnett had 24 points and 10 boards in a very close win against the Knicks, who continue to get fine play from second-round pick Landry Fields, Cousins was not so good today, Wesley Johnson is keeping up the good work in a blowout against Milwaukee (Beasley with an efficient 21 and 10, Darko with five blocks), and the Hornets beat Denver. Perhaps they can be good again this year.

Jason reply to Tray on Oct 29 at 22:51

Crazy ending to the OKC-DET game, Detroit's luck is worse than the sixers, they take the lead with 6 seconds off of a charlie V 3(lol) only to end up losing by 1.

mike reply to Jason on Oct 29 at 22:59

not luck, detroit is just awful

Tray reply to mike on Oct 29 at 23:02

Yeah, luck had nothing to do with Green swooping in uncontested. They have a stable of scorers though. OKC had 18 offensive rebounds and took 22 more foul shots (and the same number of shots) and still almost lost.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 22:32

I liked what I saw tonight in so many ways. Sort of leaning that they will be a beast on the road, as in recent years past. But the breath of fresh air that Doug brings will ultimately make the home games more favorable with better crowd turnout and participation, I hope. Cause I know they really respond to it with their play.

unfortunately though they aren't going to draw bigger crowds. it's going to be like it was tonight all season. it is a shame, because like you said the team does feed off the crowd's energy. it's tough to get up for games when you can hear a pin drop throughout the arena.

eddies' heady's on Oct 29 at 22:42

It's obvious that our best 4 players on both ends right now are Brand, Dre, Noc, and Lou. If we could just mesh that 5th guy and D up on the perimeter and close off the lane better and rotate.

Lou with 13 FTA's? Dre with 10 dimes? That's something to keep building on, particularly with Dre attacking with the dribble on some of those jumpers he attempted tonight. Him getting to the line too is key.

Jason Mess reply to eddies' heady's on Oct 30 at 0:55

I think it would be Turner. He does not need to score to be able to help the rest of that group. Now how well will that group play together is another story.

It seems this team is closer to being competitive than we all thought after 2 games!

Court_visioN reply to KellyDad on Oct 30 at 2:02

this team needs a defensive anchor. they're forcing TOs but opposing bigs are getting points too easy inside once they get the ball down low. Best case scenario they get a Dwight Howard (pipe dream)