Game 14 Thread: PHI @ WAS

Yahoo's starting lineup has Wall out. Broadcast hasn't gone live for me yet. Hope he's playing.

Turtle Bay on Nov 23 at 18:56

for some strange reason, I have a feeling the Sixers are going to have a blowout victory tonight.

I'm really interested to see how they react to having a couple days off and playing against a beatable team. This could be a game where they sort of turn a corner, like they came through that tough stretch as a stronger unit and they've learned their lessons.

This could also be a terrible turning point if they get blown out and suddenly realize there aren't any excuses available for losing a game like this.

OK, Wall will be active, but won't be starting. If he plays, it'll be off the bench.

Matchups are updated in the post above.

Ikeepnotmakinganaccount on Nov 23 at 19:07

Did Jrue ever show his go to move that he said he had in the beginning of the year?

You know what, if he did, he never told anyone. I can't think of anything in particular, other than a drive to the left.

Alright, here we go. Turner blows by Arenas off the dribble on the first play, McGee bails Arenas out.

Hawes with 2 defensive boards in the first minute. Iguodala driving early. Like their offensive game plan so far.

3 boards for Hawes...and his first foul.

McGee looks really bad on the offensive end.

Ball Friendly with an 18-footer.

The nice thing I like about Hawes is that his foul rate makes sure we won't ever truly forget Sam ;)

Really nice close out by Turner on Hinrich. That's a big, big reason they're defending the three so well.

Hawes picks up his second. Cutting short his best run of the season thus far, imo.

Wait, nope. Collins letting him stay on the floor.

Rodney Buford on Nov 23 at 19:20

What happened to Eric Snow?

He's not doing the game? I have the Washington feed.

Rodney Buford reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 19:25

Jim Lynam tonight, unless Snow's illness is a lot worse than I thought and it's really him.

2 on Turner. Did they give that foul to him instead of Hawes on the previous play?

McGee to the bench already huh?

Hawes running the floor, wow.

Nice play by EB to strip Hinrich.

Yeah, he stuck w/ it too. Weird play. Hinrich called for the foul on the floor.

Wall enters the game. No Dougie coming off the bench, though.

Stellar defense for the 24-second violation. Jrue doubled, Nocioni rotated, Iguodala rotated, Jrue rotated all the way across the floor to get Wall and stuff the three-point attempt at the buzzer. Really nice.

Rich reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 19:28

Yup.

They seem to be going into EB in the post, probably Collins' doing out of the TO?

There's no reason not to feed Brand in every half court set against this team - their big men stink defensively

Javale McGee was pulled out and then put back in the game? Coach probably yelled at him

Brand looks energized.

They look good so far. No complaints at all.

Gorgeous stretch of basketball right there.

Even a nice extra pass from Hawes to Mullet for three.

Hawes all over the glass and with the ball friendly assist for the three. Not a single sissy hook yet.

Man, Blatche is so lazy.

I want to see SPeights get his shot back tonight. He's been off all year.

The extremely rare Speights/Hawes front court combo.

Iguodala looks fresh coming off injury, Wall really doesn't.

mgfields on Nov 23 at 19:37

Peyton Manning!

Heh, took me a second to get that.

mgfields reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 19:44

Wasn't sure anyone would :)

30-20 after the first. Really one of the best quarters I've seen from the Sixers this season. Spencer Hawes was good, not just good for him, but good for anyone. 5 points, 5 boards, 3 assists.

Rich reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 19:41

I gotta say it too. The dimes were very nice passes too.

tk76 reply to Rich on Nov 23 at 19:46

"friendly"

Brand looks well rested. Granpa is spunky after his nap.

gotta feel just a little bad for flip

Rich reply to joeykey on Nov 23 at 19:46

Why's that? They'll probably beat us for the second time tonight.

Did anyone see that foul?

Terrible call on Turner. Fuck, that's three too.

Thad with the whirling dervish.

O-boards, come on. Put a body on someone.

Bad Lou?

I don't hate Nocioni, but I cringe when he dribbles into the paint with his head down.

Nice hands by Lou to break up the transition.

McGee is taking over.

lookit iguodala stick his man

Double-double already for McGee.

mareese is lookin Active

There's the O boards SPeights, now take McGee off them.

AI9 has made some great plays pushing off a rebound.

Best offense they have, and that's not really a knock on the half-court offense.

Wow, sick look from AI9 to Thad.

iguodala is great at everything...except taking over a game.

Man, that break took like 2 seconds. Pretty.

Nice job by Thad, he's gotta take lazy Blatche to the rim.

They're going right at Lou. Jrue very active w/ his hands. Brand back in for Speights.

SICK!!

Holy shit. What a fucking pass by AI9 on the break.

Holy shit what a touch pass by Iggy. It's weird because it was a forced pass, but I think Lou knew that he was gonna do something good with that.

Sixers did a good job getting back in transition there, gotta clean the defensive glass, though.

T McL reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 20:01

I just can't believe how McGee is playing.. he's on every ball, jumping around like a bunny.. If he calms down/tires out we should run away with this one

Washington has 10 offensive boards. Cut that number in half and this is a complete blowout right now.

Rich reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 20:01

8 for McGee. That's ridiculous.

Elton Brand...the beast is back

Great D by Jrue to start that break.

Oh yeah! Jrue engulfs Iguodala and then Steve Nash, I mean, Spencer Hawes, lays it back to Ai9 for a slam!

Rich reply to Rich on Nov 23 at 20:04

I meant Arenas, that's not fair to AI9.

What the hell is Blatche doing on those shots in the lane? the ball is going like 20 feet in the air.

SH with the sissy-D!!

How much money did they give Blatche?

CB reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 20:10

I think 36 mill/5 years

Good foul by Hawes.

EB's been great, but 0 D boards.

Wall looks disinterested, huh?

Rich reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 20:08

Only negative of the half is that Turner has been in foul trouble. Him playing his best game against Wall would have been nice.

Rich reply to Rich on Nov 23 at 20:09

That and the defensive glass.

im watching 76ers body language...at least they appear to like each other this season. so that's good.

I guess no Dalembert does help in some department...

Excellent first half in every area except defensive rebounding. This game could really be over already. I can live with the 52-38 score at the half.

Same effort after the break, please.

Anybody else enjoying games more without Eric Snow? He just didn't seem comfortable in the booth... Wish the guy the best with whatever he's going through, just saying..

johnrosz reply to T McL on Nov 23 at 20:15

They've finally found something Lynum is good at

johnrosz on Nov 23 at 20:18

2 iffy calls on ET in that half. He's been getting some hard luck on the calls so far this season on both ends of the floor

Rookie treatment.

McGee got Iguodala with the body there.

You don't see Turner blow many d-boards like that.

Two threes for Dre. I thought Jrue passed up a layup for the 2nd one, but I'll take it.

Iguodala looking good from three.

Hawes has more balls go right between his hands than anyone I've ever seen.

They are getting a lot of good looks from 3 off penetration here. They are spot-up looks of a good pass.

Well, they may still suck on the defensive glass, but at least they're getting some o-boards of their own.

4 fouls on Hinrich, that hurts them a great deal on the defensive end.

Two threes, damn. One was a poor overhelp by Turner. Iguodala couldn't have done anything on that one, lightning quick, contested Gilbert three.

Not a big fan of a Hawes three when you're getting murdered on a 12-1 run.

17-3 run. I hate third quarters. Fucking despise them.

Can this team play 4 solid quarters? Settling for threes, giving up open threes.

Now missing FTs.

1-point game. God damnit.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 20:43

The guys body language says it all right now. This is when they need to dig deep, when adversity has confronted them.

Stood firm. Need to push it back to double digits now.

Let's see what they are made of now. They've just played five minutes of horrendous basketball, the Wizards all think they are great players all of the sudden. Let's see what they do about it.

Jrue's not playing great, I think it starts with him to step up and take this game back.

Getting Blatche to launch 20-footers is a great start. Mullet with a big three off the Brand feed (out of the double) Good offense.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 20:47

Nice hesitation there by Dre.

You just knew he was going to the rim there.

heh, I like how Brand checks out when games get close.

Damnit, why not stay beyond the three-point line Nocioni?

Glad he made the shot, but come on. Hate 20-footers in transition.

Rich reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 20:50

Eh, that looked more like a 15 footer to me. He kind of had that look in his grasp.

The box score says 8-foot, which is ridiculous.

AI9 with invaluable play to get the ship righted. Mullet with some clutch shotmaking. I like that our team doesn't run around like assholes after we score too.

wait is iguodala sorta kinda takin over? looove it!!

How about a moving pick?

Damnit Speights, put a body on McGee! He just jumped and missed. Box the F out.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Nov 23 at 20:54

Ha, I started to type the same thing on that play.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 20:52

Come on, someone stop the ball. Young with the drive. sheesh

Iguodala needs to be on Young right now. Put Nocioni on Arenas, he isn't doing anything.

Jrue deserves a hook for a minute. Two awful, lazy TO's.

Sissy Hook for McGee. That's fugly.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 20:56

Noc with three lead-keeping buckets that quarter.

Disgusting third quarter.

Nocioni makes it a little bit less so, but still. Fourteen point lead is 4 after three quarters. They lose the third 35-25.

Sixers holding on for dear life, 77-73 as we head to the money quarter.

Mullet and Iguodala really bailed them out that quarter. That's why we are 3-10. They play good basketball for a half, all they need is to stay even for the rest of the game and they have an easy win. Always, a terrible quarter follows. Such is life.

We have 24 defensive boards, they have 16 offensive boards. Pitiful.

Come on, wake the fuck up. Don't like these long twos.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 20:59

Marreese chomping at the bit to gun, he hit it though.

That has to be a clear path.

Brand has 7 offensive rebounds and ZERO defensive rebounds????

iguodala is awesome.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 21:01

Great anticipation by Dre playing the passing lane there to get that clear path.

was that young's first double team ever?

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 21:02

Man, Speights just has no court awareness when it comes to D. He's lazy as...........

Well, they're trying to pick on Arenas. Iguodala having his best game of the year.

No doubt who the best guy on the floor is tonight.

I would say Blatche is the worst.

That really should be ball game.

i stand corrected. iguodala took over. i love being wrong.

thaddeus young looks great against this team

Thad's been great running the lanes tonight.

no need for battie tonite i guess

iguodala on wall

That was good D by Lou on the second Wall three. Nothing you can do.

Speights has his touch back tonight.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 21:10

If Blatche is the worst player on the floor, is ET even in the gym?

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 21:15

Dag, sloppy play, EB ejected?

Young has been an offensive machine recently. Speights is back balling today (maybe because it's just the Wizards)

What the fuck? Are they going to blow this game?

Brand with the early shower.

Jason reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 21:17

I really enjoyed watching him get escorted out.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 21:16

And he should have been ejected too.

Potentially a 3 point game after all of this. Only this freakin team.

Shit like that happens when refs swallow their whistle on hard fouls on the other end. Holiday was raped.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 21:18

Terrible possession there ending in a Lou pump fake which made the shot harder than if just pulled it initially.

I can't believe how sloppy the offense has been these last say, 8 possessions.

my stomach hurts

Atta boy, Jrue.

Turner for Lou, offense/defense. Though I think Turner got yanked for his "defense" on Nick Young in the third.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 21:23

I'll be damn Dre, missing both.

they're free, for fuck's sake.

Jrue has been downright bad tonight, but he just made the play of the game. Winning play from Jrue. AI9 misses 2

Awful call there, but Speights HAS to box out.

Iggy puts the dent on an excellent individual display by missing 2 key free throws.

Don't tell me they will score a 3 at the buzzer again.

They haven't scored in forever.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 21:26

Whooo, good pass Lou!

2 words: mo speezy

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 21:27

Now box out with that same aggression on the dunk Marreese.

Am I losing it or did Zumoff just call coach Phil Collins?

No Cartier Martin threes, please.

Wow what a set, now defend. Speights literally has no clue what boxing out means. Just get a body on him, don't worry about getting the board unless it comes to you. He will play more if he does that.

Big shot, Turner.

That should be a fucking flagrant on Wall.

Joe reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 21:31

I'm still just thinking... that back, that back. It better be ok.

Yup. Had the same thought.

Big shots, ET, as Eddie Headys shakes his head in disgust.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Nov 23 at 21:35

No, nodding my head at his shot he hit, shaking my head at how ordinary the guy is.

He looks like he's pretty clutch, no?

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Nov 23 at 21:43

Spoke a l'il too soon. As already said, very ordinary.

I still want him shooting them there.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Nov 23 at 21:46

Considering the other options, I agree.

You're a miserable POS.

Come the fuck on.

Unreal.

You've got to be kidding me.

Use the timeout, advance the fucking ball, please.

whoa that chik was hot

Have to say the person I'm most confident in to hit free throws is Evan

I don't understand why Collins does that? It gives you the floor to work with and the ball isn't right under their hoop.

watch evan turner step up. kid has ice in his veins

OMG Cartier Martin sighting.

Here we go again, we gonna foul early and not late here?

I don't foul here, not unless it gets under 5 seconds left on the clock. Too much time to be giving fouls to avoid the three.

ET does not want the Sixers to get another shot at the #1 overall pick :)

tk76 reply to tk76 on Nov 23 at 21:43

But apparently Jrue does...

Cartier... haha.

I think Turner touched that.

T McL reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 21:38

I think he did too Brian but none of the angles are indisputable

T McL reply to T McL on Nov 23 at 21:40

We deserve a break after all that has happened against this team coached by the man with the worst haircut in the league

no way

Get the ball to Turner, if you have the ball. and please advance the ball, damnit.

Fouled on the attempt. Lovely.

Fuck me.

is this happening?

I am dissapointed, Jrue.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 21:41

Heh, that ice has turned to slush.

Dear god

I'm glad I don't read comments on Philly.com anymore.

I have no words.

I've never seen anything like this. Did the Sixers have a timeout?

Jason reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 21:44

nope.

OMG!! that's not true.

eddy heady guy is actively rooting against turner, i guess.i hope he succeeds. but that's just me.

Pitiful. They deserve to lose this game.

Who starts OT?

WTF man. ET has to get more used to making these big free throws.

We won a tap?

It wasn't Hawes, right? Even money, then.

1st strike

Thank God for Blatche.

Joe reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 21:48

And Arenas...

Have Thad and Speights been sharing defensive secrets or something?

OK, take it over, Jrue. You can make up for it.

Draw the contact, Jrue. Damnit.

The battle of the 22 foot jumpers.

Speights unable to keep McGee off the glass again, damn.

Iguodala is 2 assists away from a triple-double, if that sort of thing does it for you. I don't think he's scored in about an hour, though.

Needed that board, Turner got it.

They are not even running any offense. That possession was such bullshit. They look more dead than me.

OK, do you hold for the win or try to get the score as quickly as possible?

Joe reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 21:56

I go quick.

Me too.

I am enjoying this... but this is some bad basketball.

tk76 reply to Joe on Nov 23 at 21:56

hah

ItAintEZ on Nov 23 at 21:56

thad sucked in on the help when no help was needed. Whats new.

Nocioni jump ball. Turner misses two free throws. Jrue fouls Wall on a half-court shot. You can't make this shit up.

THADDEUS!!!

Like the play. Good work by Thad filling the void for the gimme putback.

Finally, some aggression going to the rim. Thank you, DC.

Wow, that defender blew his help responsibility badly.

that's their last timeout. Come on, D the fuck up.

OK, TK76, where are you?

Sell me on the three being the correct play in this situation.

tk76 reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 22:01

Hah

I'm numb. Nick Young should play against them every game. Turner's late on that one.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 22:00

Annnddd....Evan just falls asleep on the biggest play of the game. ugh

Turner just lost track of him.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 22:02

At least Dre didn't clank one. It just rimmed out.

I didn't think it could get worse than the Cartier Martin game. Guess I was wrong.

Alvin reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 22:08

Right about that. I feel like Bart Simpson all of a sudden.

I must not get upset about this game.
I must not get upset about this game.
I must not get upset about this game.
I must not get upset about this game.
I must not get upset about this game.
I must not get upset about this game.

Woo! HARRISON JONES!

Rich reply to Mike P on Nov 23 at 22:04

You know, that's getting pretty annoying.

What a colossal choke job. Everyone played a part. I shouldn't feel this disheartened when the season was already not looking great.

ItAintEZ on Nov 23 at 22:03

We always find a way to lose.

What an awful game.

I'd like to thank my dad, one more time, for making me love this team.

Clutching defeat from the jaws of victory.

They got Wall, we got balls.

No discipline, extraordinarily stupid play, no heart.

And that was our two BEST players.

This team makes me fucking sick.

oh well. i dont expect them to win. that was entertainment for a few hours. now i gotta go to bed and deal with my real life.

btw brian i got a turkey from marlow and daughters, and a ham from the meathook. awesome north brooklyn butchers.

Thanks, I'll look them up.

Losing teams find ways to lose winnable games. No better example than tonight.

tk76 reply to RockP on Nov 23 at 22:06

And what are the Wizards :)

The Wizards are 5-8 now, better team than the 76ers, who are 3-11. Wall nails three clutch foul shots, Evan only needed to hit one to put the 76ers up 4.

Joe reply to RockP on Nov 23 at 22:07

Well, these were 2 horrible teams... just one of them found a way to lose.

tk76 reply to Joe on Nov 23 at 22:08

Yeah, a special performance. A team effort.

I agree, tonight's loss was a thing of beauty. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong.

johnrosz on Nov 23 at 22:08

What Elton did was just laughable. How can he lose his cool like that?

Mike P reply to johnrosz on Nov 23 at 22:15

Because McGee was owning his old loser ass all game.

Wish I had DVR to look at that Jrue/Wall foul.

tk76 reply to Joe on Nov 23 at 22:11

He hit hi right on the elbow. Easy call.

BTW, I'm surprised people still take losses from this team to heart. They stink, and will lose a bunch. Its great when they play well and win- but I'm not gone to sweat the losses- even the embarrassingly, comically inept ones.

Joe reply to tk76 on Nov 23 at 22:12

Yeah, part of me likes to just soak those plays in.

What are the odds of that sequence of plays actually happening? Seriously?

1 in 1000 times the Nocioni play is called a jump ball when they're obviously trying to give a foul.

Odds of a 76% free throw shooter missing both is what? 5.76%, right?

1 in 20,000 times a guy fouls on a half-court desperation three and it's called, and a 75% free throw shooter hits 3/3 from the line.

f me.

tk76 reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 22:32

Well it's sort of luck flipping a coin... and having it land on its edge.

I'm really saddened that Turner and Jrue made the two most critical mistakes. FWIW, I praise Jrue when he's good. He looked lost offensively for a lot of this game, and he didn't take charge in OT.

For a young team, they really go into "Not lose" mode, instead of "Win" mode.

They stopped pushing the ball with about 3 minutes to go in the fourth, I think they had a 6 or 8 point lead at the time. Big mistake. Everything bogged down from that point on.

Jrue scored the first four of overtime, then disappeared. His shooting has been horrible for three or four games now. His overall game was up and down, nowhere near where it needs to be for this team to win, though.

johnrosz reply to Rich on Nov 23 at 22:32

He called for the ball on almost every possession. Jrue was too busy looking like a deer in the headlights and pounding the air out of the ball

I took a walk to buy some bread at halftime, I had this feeling like I should just keep right on walking and not come back for the second half. I need to learn to listen to my feelings more often.

eddies' heady's on Nov 23 at 22:10

Even though it's a skewed stat, take a look at +/- tonight. Look at their rook vs. our rook. Or just look in general.

We seem to play better the last two games (especially vs MIL) with the vets on the floor and the youngins on the pine.

heh. If you look at the imperfect +/- for the season you see Turner on top. I mean there is anecdotal evidence to say just about anything in one game samples.

If you're going to use +/- to validate anything, you're going to have a hard time making your case with Turner. Even with that hideous game, he's one of only 2 regular starters (the other being Jrue) with a positive +/- on the season.

Selective use of the stat to prove a point is probably not the way to go.

eddies' heady's reply to Derek Bodner on Nov 23 at 22:23

I just said check it out. Not to prove anything.

The point I was proving though was my last paragraph. And +/- doesn't have to back that up.

Jack Straw on Nov 23 at 22:11

We are a top notch losing team. Nobody can lose like we do. We go out of our way to lose. Jump ball by Nocioni, missed free throws by Turner, INSANELY STUPID FOUL by Holiday on a 3 pointer, wide open look for a game winner by Young, who is a known sixer killer, and our final possession being a jump shot from Iguodala... clearly our worst shooter. We earned this loss. We deserve it.

tk76 reply to Jack Straw on Nov 23 at 22:14

It takes a village...

This game had everything for your die-hard Sixers hater. Missed FTs by ET. Missed J at the buzzer by Iguodala (plus a pair of missed FTs in the fourth quarter). Idiotic foul by Jrue.

tk76 reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 22:16

This is the reason:

20-22-22-23-24

You don't have that combination of youth amongst your regulars and survice. Its a recipe for stupid mistakes.

It is what it is. They have to go young to rebuild- and will pay for it all season. Maybe they get a ecent reward in the draft.

Mike P reply to Brian on Nov 23 at 22:17

People hate the Sixers? Why? Whats to hate about them?

How they lose all the time?

Wizards 232, Sixers 229 through their first two games.

less than 25 wins this season looks promising.

Should have played Hawes more

I'm not sure people want to hear this...

The Sixers' efficiency differential is better than Washington's and more of a 5-6 win team. Washington is more of a 3-4 win team.

And efficiency differential is a better predictor of future play than a team's record at least that seems to be an accepted fact in the statistical community.

I would agree with you if this was a more veteran team that wasn't losing because of consistently failing to close out games.

They won't do this for the rest of the season...

And Washington won't continue to get lucky for the rest of the season.

That is the feeling I get.

If their efficiency diff says they should have won 33 and they win 18 games, I'd be utterly shocked.

The Sixers are only 2 wins behind the 8th seed...

And have the 2nd worse record in the NBA...

johnrosz on Nov 23 at 22:45

Why did Thad get yanked in crunch time when Elton dropped that bunny under the basket?

johnrosz on Nov 23 at 22:54

Can you let Eddie's Headys publish a post about why he can say with great certainty that Evan Turner is an ordinary player? Let him have his say and everyone can respectfully discuss it.

Then at that point, he can agree not to flood every game thread with overly negative comments to try and antagonize other posters.

Rich reply to johnrosz on Nov 23 at 22:58

I just want to know why he's so sure he's going to be average already. It's 14 games into his career, and he's been effective in many games even when he doesn't look at all comfortable offensively. The guy was a slow starter in college too.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Nov 24 at 1:24

In a year or two, you guys will be thanking me for enlightening you this early on about this kid. He screams the definition of this franchise for the last several years - mediocre(ity). But holding out hope isn't a bad thing, it's just the fall may be a little harder that's all. You form your opinions, I form mine, differing is the beauty of it.

And to the above j to the z - I've had plenty of say about Turner, mostly before the lottery/draft especially (when I had no clue we would have a chance to select him), after the draft, and in the preseason too. Check the archives from January on.

And get your facts straight - truthful comments aren't negative unless taken that way - he was practically invisible tonight. And this here guy didn't antagonize anyone, Rich can stake claim to that tonight although I didn't take it as that (my ego doesn't cloud my discerning call-it-as-I-see-it eye on players, but that is something between him and me and has been ongoing).

Egos abound I guess....

Hah, no ego here. I jinxed him at the line at the end, and I looked dumb on that. No doubt.

Still, I will never thank you for an opinion you form 14 games into his career about a kid who has been a slow starter at every level of basketball. You very well may be right, but that's just a guess. I think he'll be above average, not a superstar.

The "If Blatche is the worst guy on the floor, what is Turner," thing was antagonizing and kind of a blind shot at Turner (not the first time either). He was in foul trouble the whole game up to that point, that's why he was invisible!

Just give him a chance is all I'm saying. Criticize him for what he does (Losing Young was awful, I thought that was bad for example). I don't think you are doing that and that is why I get mad.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Nov 24 at 9:38

Rich, you're better than this, don't skew the facts and take a seeing-eye comment (it wasn't blind) and for some unknown reason absorb it personally as if you're Evan yourself. And you are exactly right - if I am right in my opinion, all it is at this point is a guess, just like opinions that say he will be above average - they're just a guess. I don't get all ruffled when you say such things that counter my belief.

He was not in foul trouble at the point the comment was made. He only had 3 and was taken out in the 3rd quarter with around 5 minutes left (my opinion was because he was invisible on D on Nick Young and pretty much invisible on O too of why he was taken out) and stayed out the whole 4th too til around a minute and a half were left. There was absolutely nothing blind about that, that's why this here thingie runs deeper from your end for some reason and I'm making the assumption of ego-centric reasons.

He's getting a chance, don't ever worry about that (just like Jrue is), the kid is still a member of my favorite team. Guess I'll have to state ad nauseum that I reserve the right the formulate an opinion and be disappointed as hell that my belief in that opinion up to this point is we only got us another role player with a draft pick that high.

I've suffered far too long with this team and it's not a shame to say that on that night in May when the balls bounced our way I felt it may just be the start of the tide finally turning. My suffering tends to play out here, liked or not, as it's an intelligent basketball discussion community (well, with the exception of a few). And with that suffering will come continued critiques of Evan, Jrue, Andre, Hawes and the rest etc. There's no beef with you if I rightfully call out Andre or Hawes, so why would you get mad when I rightfully call out Evan? That's all I'm saying.

Jack Straw on Nov 23 at 22:54

I though Lou played too many minutes tonight and Turner didn't play enough. Lou was fairly invisible tonight.

Tom Moore on Nov 23 at 23:01

Iguodala: "It’s frustrating to lose. At this point in my career, I definitely want to just win. I don’t have too much time to continue to rebuild all the time. Hopefully, we’ll learn from this situation and it’ll help us win."

johnrosz reply to Tom Moore on Nov 23 at 23:14

Am I reading too much into these comments to think he's leaning towards requesting a trade?

I thought his glare at Turner after Turner fell asleep on the game winner was just as telling.

johnrosz reply to Derek Bodner on Nov 23 at 23:36

For a guy that isn't exactly captain clutch, I think its strange that he'd do something like that. ET momentarily bailed him out in the 4th after Iggy clanked 2 free throws.

Iggy was unbelievable for the most part tonight. When he does things like that it just makes you scratch your head though

I believe Iguodala when he says he wants to win, but he also knows winning isn't in the near future for the 76ers. So he doesn't have to say trade me, saying I want to win is as good as requesting a trade. Thorn and Collins know what he is really saying.

johnrosz reply to RockP on Nov 23 at 23:41

Thad still scoring efficiently. Just get the Iggy trade over with already. If he doesn't want to be here, what's the point in making him stay?

I don't even blame him, watching the things he did tonight.All the subtle things he can do to influence the game. He would be such a valuable asset on a winning team

Jack Straw on Nov 23 at 23:20

Whether he requests a trade or not, I'd be surprised if Dre finishes the year as a Sixer.

eddies' heady's on Nov 24 at 1:31

I'm concerned if anyone will even trade for Andre with that much of a contract and the possible lockout/new CBA. I'm not convinced other GM's see him as good of a value with his salary.

So you don't believe any of the reports of great interest every time his name comes up as potentially being available in a trade. Denver, Dallas, New Orleans, Houston, Portland. Those are the teams I've seen listed as having various levels of interest.

and Phoenix as well.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 24 at 9:43

I don't believe any of those rumors b/c if he was such a hot commodity (when factoring in his salary), he would either be gone by now or they would be getting more than these rumored crap offers for him. I just don't think GM's want to pay a 3rd or 4th banana that kind of money. Guess we'll see because after last night's comments he sure wants out and with these being the first veiled comments publicly the team's bargaining power just reduced even more.

Or you don't believe any of the rumors cause it's not possible that NBA GM's appreciate talent more than you do.

Your logic is flawed, what GM's think of him and what they offer are not necessarily connected if they feel that the Sixers are motivated sellers.

The main thrust is you don't believe anything, ever, that disagrees with your skewed viewpoint