The Next Ten

2-8

I don't think the clippers have a road win yet - it would suck if it were the sixers.

We should track predictions :)

Um, I think I agree with everything, except I'd pick us to beat the Clippers, lose to the Hornets, and I think we have zero chance against Boston.

Is anyone seeing the poll above? Looks like the embed code isn't working for me.

No poll

And all the stuff that should be on the 'right' of the comments is actually shoved down the bottom - sounds like someone is messing with your div layout :)

tk76 reply to Brian on Dec 6 at 14:38

I see the poll. But the results navigate to a different page.

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. Had to go w/ a different provider for this one and I can't seem to change that option. Something's wrong with PollDaddy.

I guess 2-8, sick that sixers have to go against Pau gasol and then Dwight the next night then face 2 more championship contenders immediately after. Going to be a depressing month here :(.

off topic, ET's last tweet made me lol @ him.

Tom Moore on Dec 6 at 14:25

Video: Iguodala on how he's playing, how Meeks helps, trade rumors:

Tom Moore on Dec 6 at 14:30

Video: Collins on playing well at home, Iguodala, Meeks and facing the Cavs again:

Not sure if I'm being overly sensitive, but a lot of Collins' remarks on Meeks really put Turner in a bad light. They're probably accurate, but it just sounds bad. Hopefully it motivates ET.

Tray reply to Brian on Dec 6 at 22:57

I actually don't see that at all, and I think I'm usually someone who's overly sensitive to that kind of implied criticism. Maybe you're referring to a different interview, because all I hear from this is that he thinks Turner needs to learn how to come off screens, not having played that way in college.

Yeah, I was talking about the way he was talking about Meeks, kind of pointing out what Turner can't do, implicitly.

Tray reply to Brian on Dec 6 at 23:16

Not even implicitly, he explicitly said so after a while. But that doesn't seem like harsh criticism to me, we all know Turner's not Richard Hamilton yet, that he never played that kind of role in the OSU offense. I mean, not only does Turner not know much about coming off screens, he's just not a very good shooter period, not yet anyway, and he's acknowledged that himself.

By the way, basketball reference says that, adjusting for schedule, we're really only 15th in the league in defense. Somewhat encouraging for tanking enthusiasts like myself.

link?

Also, when adjusting for schedule, they're talking about w/l and OFR/DFR of opponents. They aren't taking into account the difficulty of the way the schedule was laid out. And the Sixers have had a horribly unfavorable schedule in terms of back-to-backs and days off.

Tray reply to Brian on Dec 6 at 15:53

It's on their blog, four or so posts down from the top.

I'll guess 4, I think they will win against Cleveland, New Orleans, and the Clippers. And then they should be able to get one W on the road, they got to pull out a close game at some point. If Brand, Thad, and Andre keep playing like they have, the Sixers should at least be competitive in a couple of the matchups on the road trip. As long as they keep up the high level of energy I'm happy. And if Thorn can find another GM to dump Team Lou on and have his minutes go to Turner and Meeks, well that would just be gravy.

Tom Moore on Dec 6 at 15:05

Video: Williams on Iguodala's leadership, Meeks and Turner's struggles:

Williams on Iguodala's leadership: "Being his teammate for six years now, this is the most aggressive and talkative I've seen him in a long time."

johnrosz reply to Tom Moore on Dec 6 at 16:25

Lou thinks his game is getting to the basket huh? someone needs to show Lou that shot chart that Brian posted.

3-7.

They will probably lose a game or two to the lousy teams, but win it back against a good team. The team plays close enough to be able to knock off most teams if they are lucky.

63 inside, 112 outside at this point, and getting worse for Lou.

Tom Moore on Dec 6 at 22:54

Iguodala on trade rumors: "That’s something I don’t control. I don’t worry. That’s one thing I’ve learned over the past year is not to worry because when you worry, you start to second-guess yourself and doubt yourself. I never want to be in that position where I’m doubting myself. I never worry about things that I don’t control."

Tom Moore on Dec 6 at 22:54

Only one player was still working on his shooting 30 minutes after practice ended today -- Turner.

eddies' heady's reply to Tom Moore on Dec 6 at 23:29

But was he staying after practice shooting when he was starting those few games?

danny J reply to eddies' heady's on Dec 7 at 5:27

such a pointless comment

eddies' heady's reply to danny J on Dec 7 at 8:59

.....yeah sure, it's pointless to want to know if the guy felt the need to put in extra work when he was within the contentment of a starting position just as he felt the need to do when he had been demoted.

The emotional attachment to a player just b/c he was a high draft pick is absurd. "I love Evan, don't question or criticize him, he's the #2 pick you know." The meltdown over this kid when it finally sinks in that he's not a very good player at this level will be sure entertainment.

Thats baseless, if he stays or not extra as a starter. Not everyone just gets it right away, sometimes you need someone to motivate you to get there. Within the timeframe of twenty season games, preseason games, and camp he has been through an adjustment period. Evan has been in and out of the starting line up, he has seen his minutes go up and down. If you are up against a wall, sometimes you fight harder. There is no reason to start asking questions that lead to, is he putting the extra effort in...if he doesnt, then it will show, and if he does it will likewise. He was the second pick of the draft...he wouldnt be the first flop...and he wont be the last...give him some damn time...

You would be the first person I've talked to who questions Turner's work ethic (and I've talked to his AAU coach and high school coach personally).

IIRC, There's been no knocks on Turner's work ethic. And from what everybody reports, there always seems a lag when he goes up a level.

And I picked six wins because we need something to look forward to.

tk76 reply to Dervin on Dec 7 at 11:03

Yeah, I can think of plenty of legitimate concerns about Turner that are worth discussing. But work ethic or motivation are not on that list.

Your need to make everything 'extreme' is idiotic - you realize that right? Some people just happen to think that unlike you and your snap judgements a player should be given time.

At this time last year you were ready to get rid of Jrue Holiday and call him a bust as well (but see,you don't remember that, because inyour mind you're always right)

Yeah. Eddie was definitely a Ty Lawson guy, and even championed Eric Maynor over Jrue.

I thought this comment was funny, though, considering the trouble Arenas would get in later in the year.

mgfields reply to eddies' heady's on Dec 7 at 13:04

Here's an article in the Columbus Dispatch about Turner, including his extremely good work ethic.

I've also seen comments from Rod Thorn, Elton Brand, Coack Collins about his work ethic being very good with the sixers.

Tom Moore on Dec 7 at 9:23

Story: Trade rumors don't bother Iguodala:

Dervin reply to Tom Moore on Dec 7 at 13:51

They should actually be encouraging him, "Wait, I can go to a winning team!!!"

I also went with 4...Cavs/Hornets/Clippers and a steal on the road, perhaps Denver.

Here's hoping.

Pete reply to Pete on Dec 7 at 12:47

Woops, I meant Nets, not Hornets...but maybe Hornets too...5 W's?! I won't hold my breath.

The Cleveland, New Jersey and LAC games, I'd bet, are wins. I think they'll have a good chance against New Orleans (Kansas City) and the first Boston game.