Sixers Around the Web - Dec. 26

Kate Fagan dropped this prophetic chestnut this morning

So much was expected of Turner, the No. 2 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft. Through the first third of the season, Turner's impact has been dulled through shortened minutes, missed jump shots, and struggling confidence. In the next couple of months, something must give with Turner. He'll either be on the court with the Sixers, or on the court somewhere else.

Tray reply to GoSixers on Dec 26 at 14:44

Well... I DEFINITELY agree that Turner will either be on our team's roster or another's in a couple months. Very insightful on Kate's part. Don't know if I agree that he'll be on an NBA court much in a couple months, regardless of who he's playing for.

johnrosz on Dec 26 at 13:32

Heard somewhere that Lou Williams is out tonight...I wonder if not playing with Lou, and actually handling the ball will do anything for ET

No Birds game, which is all NBC's fault for flexing what should be a pretty bad game. Well at least it's 50 and sunny in Denver.

That blows. Well, I don't have a decision to make anymore, I'll definitely be here for the game thread.

Williams to miss Sixers' next two games:

deepsixersuede reply to Tom Moore on Dec 26 at 16:24

Good news on two fronts; Lou will be a father and Evan may get some offensive opportunities.

I wonder if Turner shouldn't go to the D-League if he keeps playing like this for another month. Sounds drastic, but he really has been that bad.

johnrosz reply to Tray on Dec 26 at 17:50

well, if the excuse right now is "he's not going to thrive until he feels comfortable/adjusts to this level" yanking him around from level to level, to go play with inferior competition would be a bad idea.

Tray reply to johnrosz on Dec 26 at 18:50

Maybe the problem is scoring against athletic defenders in the halfcourt. Working against them on a full-time basis in the D-League could help. It's been well-documented that he faced very few defenders of any size or elite ability in the Big Ten.

Old School Sixer Fan reply to Tray on Dec 26 at 18:56

What I see is that Turner is missing uncontested mid-range jump shots. That has to be a confidence issue. He used to be deadly at OSU on those same shots.

I don't know if I totally agree. But, you do make some great points. Perhaps I can blog a reply opposing your statements.