Game 36 Thread: PHI vs. CHI

Who wins and who loses in this deal?

Sixers and Suns lose, more suns loamy than sixers, by a bit. I can't check right now, how are Harden's shooting numbers this year? Don't like Childress or Cole at all.

Joe reply to Brian on Jan 7 at 19:27

I think the Suns would trade Childress for anything right about now. They won't play him for some reason.

Thanks for the response, though. I was kind of just playing around and was really confused as to what to make of that result.

Harden has had a very good sophomore campaign. Last month he has been very good.

Rich reply to Joe on Jan 7 at 18:37

We lose. I like Harden, and think he would be a good fit, but no thank you to Josh Childress for five years.

Joe reply to Rich on Jan 7 at 19:29

I actually like Childress, but I figured your response would be felt by many. (not saying I agree or disagree because I'm not sure where I stand. The numbers are telling me this is good for the Sixers, but my mind is saying there is a lot of risk there and Iguodala is a very well known stud to me.)

I really don't know what to make of Harden and Aldrich. It might be a good idea it might not. What i don't get is why Phoenix is involved in the deal at all. The problem with the trade is not about winning but about chance of happening. I don't think OKC Thunder will take that much salary back. And Iguodala while being a perfect fit next to Durant is a terrible fit next to Westbrook. That's assuming they play PG/SG/SF..

Childress has a bad contract btw.

Joe reply to Xsago on Jan 7 at 19:31

I involved Phoenix just so they could ditch Childress' salary because he seems to be the odd man out there to me.

I think OKC could just NOT RESIGN JEFF GREEN and the salary wouldn't be too big of a deal. But yeah that was another problem with the deal.

Overall, the deal is flawed for everyone I think. Just wanted some other thoughts. Thanks.

Quick thoughts before game tips off.

Would you do it? I think Jackson is a solid fit between Jrue and Iguodala. His contract expires the same year Brands does.

And what if they asked for Kapono instead of Nocioni? Dallas apparently is interested in SJax and wants to get him for Butler (which is basically an expiring).

tk76 reply to Xsago on Jan 7 at 19:02

Yeah, sort of what I was getting at. he is worth at least an expiring and a pick... probably more. There are not many quality vet SG's in the league who can defend and score.

tk76 reply to Xsago on Jan 7 at 19:01

Why would the Bobcats do that? SJax is a loose cannon, but he is a very good NBA player- unlike everyone else in that deal. Seems like a lot to give up to only get out of one year of his contract.

If SJax hit the market then teams like Orlando and other psuedo-contenders would be lining up to make a deal.

Maybe they´ll do it if we put Kapono in. I´d like it, because it would make us better know, and start the post-Brand (killing contract) era when the time comes.

The betting line on this game was a pickem or Sixers -1 at noon today. Now at Bulls by 1 or 2 depending on the site.

I can't believe it was ever a pick 'em. Bulls should be clear favorites, imo.

I've got the Sixers feed, yay Eric Snow.

Those NBA players in high school commercials still creep me out, especially the Durant one.

Here we go. Hawes loses the tap.

And Jrue opens with a sick defensive play.

Jrue is pumped for this game, it seems.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:12

Doug should have them blitz the heck out of the pick and rolls tonight. May be only way we have a chance against them (p&r's)

Come the fuck on. How do you let them get dunk off a jump ball on the other end. That's just horrible.

Good start, now looking similar to the game in Chicago. Sixers entire offense is apparently Nocioni dribble drives.

Jrue with the bank from about 18 feet, wow.

Why is Hawes on Boozer instead of Brand?

Meeks does do a good job of drawing fouls in transition. He always seems out of control, but he gets the contact.

Yeah, it's actually surprising. Refs don't like to reward guys who are clearly out of control. The sad thing is as a defender, I think you don't even worry about challenging the shot when's driving like that. His odds of converting it are pretty low.

So that jump ball goes as a turnover for Jrue, huh? Never knew that.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:19

I think DC had Hawes on Boozer in the first game too to start off.

Hawes literally forgot to put a body on Boozer there. That, or he just didn't do it.

That might have been over-rotating by Jodie there, but making Bogans a 3 point shooter isn't a bad thing.

Nope, not at all.

I don't know if there was a lot of contact there.

Meeks is hot. Ride him while it lasts.

God the Bulls are just living in the paint.

Yep, Meeks is hot.

F me, fouling the jump shooter. Questionable call, but still.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:25

Was that Jrue that hollered "set the screen!"?...think it was

Sonny Hill looks like a train conductor with the hat he has on tonight.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:27

2 good pump fakes by Thad.

Shit, get back.

Jrue needs to get better looks for his threes, that was rushed.

Get the fuck back on defense.

It's amazing Thad has scored so well this year. His jumper is bad. Some games he'll make a few, but he would be absolutely unguardable with a consistent 15 foot jumper.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Jan 7 at 19:31

And it's a shame how far off some of those 15 fter's are.

At this point, I think I'd go ahead and double Rose with whoever's guarding Bogans/Brewer. Anything to disrupt their offense. Press a little, and then run a second man at him right when he gets over half court.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:30

Hope this doesn't continue to be a we shoot the lights out yet they shoot the lights out game. We've had our fair share of those.

Nice play by Turner.

Lou blows at least one bunny every game. Hopefully he got it out of the way there.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:33

Wow, did he just say the Bulls first points out of the paint of the quarter? geez that was 28 then....

For the world of me, why the hell Collins has Lou run isos at the end of quarters is mind-boggling. Yeah, he's a good 1 on 1 player, but he's always a jump shooter in that spot.

Eric Snow said he thinks Derrick Rose is the best PG in the NBA a few minutes back

Fucking Lou. That's pitiful.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:36

I know, I said "pass the damn ball Lou"...lol

PHI 28, CHI 30 after 1.

Don't like Jrue giving the foul. Don't like that one bit, ever.

They need to get their shit together on the defensive end. No way do they keep scoring like this on the Bulls.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:39

Yep, whose gonna stop hitting first? Chances are likely it's us.

Blitz those p and r's like you said. As soon as he crosses the line isn't too soon.

Come on, Thad. Two o-boards right over you on one possession.

Lou for three.

Come on Thad, two straight offensive boards for Gibson.

Dislocated finger on his shooting hand for Nocioni. But that won't keep the mullet down.

Turner's gonna struggle with Deng. He's too big.

Give that shot to Brewer.

Offense looks terrible w/ Jrue on the bench.

We are getting killed on the boards.

Brand's on the floor, how about a touch?

Timeout and get Jrue back in the fucking game.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:42

Luol is eating Thad up which is likely the reason that I've been wondering why DC doesn't put him at the 3.

Their shooting has bailed them out. They are playing really poor basketball on the defensive end. How do you lose Deng that easily?

I find it almost unwatchable when neither Jrue nor Iguodala is in the game.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 7 at 19:52

I agree. I've been thinking similar to the 2guard or the athletic big choice, but I seem to want to add backup point to it too.

Jrue is glaring - when he's out too.

I just want Jrue's minutes up to about 40/game from 35.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:50

As bad as he's been, we just haven't seen Doug call that many screens to free Jodie in that streak. Seems they were more spot-up when he wasn't trying to drive it, as is often.

That was the first good defensive possession in awhile there. They seem to be attacking Thad and Hawes pretty good.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:54

We make them look like a machine on offense...

How about stringing together a few solid defensive possessions, huh?

Ah, there goes Peyton.

Heh, anyone else see Jrue kick Gibson in the face while he was hanging on the rim?

Wow, Meeks is on fire. Keep him in the game.

It's kind of fun watching Korver get abused in another uniform.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:55

Whoa, did you see Dre get hype on the bench when Jodie made that and-one off the pick?...he was pumped up

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:56

Nice dish-off by Jrue.

There we go, Jrue. Nice find.

Btw, if that's a guy like Tyrus Thomas, that's a dunk and one, probably.

Anyway, defense has been better. CHI is going to have to get Rose back in there.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:57

EB screaming out.... "he's coming back...he's coming back ".... good communication.

johnrosz on Jan 7 at 19:57

Eltons having himself a game

Hawes has no prayer to play Boozer. That was such an unnecessary reach by Hawes.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 19:59

Damn, we get it to 4 and take two not-nice threes and they make a j. shit

Now the defense is better but the shots aren't falling.

johnrosz on Jan 7 at 20:01

i hope Elton isn't losing his legs. shots are front rimming again, not doing the best job on closeouts.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:02

When Andre comes back, if they just let Jrue work and weave his way and let him create, whichever way, w/o Dre stunting the newfound flow, we'll be onto something. You know Doug has got to see that. Jrue is very beneficial with the ball..

Fuck me. Three at the buzzer with a hand in his face. Hate that shit.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:03

Doug the maestro on that play. heh... a beauty too

Great, great offensive half from Meeks.

Then again you can't lose Korver like that.

Alright, after these free throws, press them and make them use enough clock so you get the last possession. then do something with it. cut this to 3 at the half.

Perfect. Now get a hoop. Please no Lou isolation.

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 7 at 20:19

Pains me to say it, but when have we not gone for a Lou/Iggy isolation when we have needed a play?

*buries head in hands like the DepressedFan logo

Well at least this time he made the shot, so kudos to him.

Give Jrue the god damn ball to close it out.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:06

Shit Lou you pumped 3 times on that one didn't you?

Or a two-point game. That was lucky, but who cares.

PHI 54, CHI 56 at the half.

Huge shot by Lou. Terrible look to end the quarter as expected, but give him credit for knocking it down.

Excellent close to the quarter. 17-11 after they got Jrue back in there. I think we need 24 minutes from him in the second half.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:12

Got it to two. Have to sustain the minutes when Rose is on the floor esp to start the third. We've got to stay close, or rather, get the lead.

I know it's not popular but, it just frustrates the hell out of me that we can't even get any offense, even off the bench, from the #2 draft pick. Polarizing, but frustrating all the same.

Being frustrated is an opinion shared by everyone. That's not what people have disagreed with you on.

eddies' heady's reply to Derek Bodner on Jan 7 at 20:21

Cool, but the disagreement wasn't my focus in what i said above

Yet you bring it up every time.

eddies' heady's reply to Derek Bodner on Jan 7 at 20:40

Not necessarily, do I bring it up, even above, just moreso as a shield in that instance. But yet it's taken that way, as with here, when that wasn't the intent. It was an is what it is, with a fender-offer.

The guards are keeping us in this one.

If they're gonna shoot 60% then this is a loss. But at least we're competing, that's a considerate improvement from the game at the United Center.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:20

Who's he gonna start here w/ Noc out?

Thad? Does he start small? The small unit worked to end the second.

The mullet is back baby!

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:23

Jodie can't possibly give us much more can he? EB has got to score, or whoever gets the Noc minutes. Cause Lou could be very suspect. That half was fools gold.

OK, how about slowing down one of Rose/Deng/Boozer. I'll settle for just one.

You could at least assume Deng's 13 would be cut in Half with AI9 playing.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:25

Oh I forgot that can't keep the mullet down...

Wow, mullet is supertough.

If I was Collins, I'd make Hawes shoot granny-style from the line.

I heard rick barry on the radio years ago tellling a host how it is a very accurate style and would cure bad free throw shooters into good ones (shaq was the example) but that they were more worried about how it would look than making the basket.

Kurt Thomas guarding EB? Every time down the floor, please.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:26

Come on, please blitz these high p and r's they go straight to.

Hawes is just nothing in the middle. Absolutely nothing. That last hoop is a rejection w/ any kind of defensive center.

Jrue is clearly giving him the baseline. The help clearly is never there.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:27

And then they leave Jrue out to dry, with no movement over to stop the ball. ugh

God, Hawes is so worthless at the free throw line.

Fucking Hawes.

Fuck you, Hawes.

I really can't take this Eric Snow verbal fellatio for Derrick Rose.

awesome play spencer. grrr.

Boozer looks to be a garbage passer. I'd keep doubling him.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:30

Couldn't we succeed if we played a matchup type zone vs these guys? They don't have many 3-ball shooters to be scared of...

What? Did he move his pivot foot?

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:32

Why is Hawes playing 6 ft off of Boozer? wtf

Turner has the warmups off. Wishful thinking?

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 7 at 20:35

Yea hoping Noc needs a break I guess.

Thad's the safe bet though.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:33

Jrue,..... get his saddle please.

Suck it, Rose.

Jrue + 1.

Just in love with the way Jrue is playing right now. Great contest on Rose, then a great drive and finish.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:33

Hawes with the lumbering lay in.

Seriously, that was about the slowest move I've ever seen.

Man, Boozer is garbage defensively too.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:34

Jrue with the J!

J R MOTHERFUCKING U E.

It all starts on the defensive end, it really does. Good defense on 4 or 5 straight possessions.

Absolutely. The one make they had was a long two by Boozer.

johnrosz on Jan 7 at 20:36

i'd rather have Lawson

Alvin reply to johnrosz on Jan 7 at 20:37

me too. :P

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS!

Nobody touched that.

Wow, Jrue went over that screen and got a deflection from behind. That's all good if they are packing the lane, which they can do against these guys.

Nocioni ruined everything with that bad shot.

Good foul by Brand. Ugh on the turnover.

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 7 at 20:42

Jrue turns the ball over often when he is lackadaiscal in forcing a pass after he is doubled on the baseline during a P and R. He's done that twice tonight.

Stunned EB was able to beat Rose to the rim there, even with a 20 foot head start.

Shit.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:40

Shit, he travels. COme on

Rather Jodie just let that one fly.

Alright. Double digits by the end of the quarter. Make it happen.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:44

We're shooting the lights out still. Wow. Just get some stops more successively. Cause we seem to be scoring crisply more times than not.

The Jrueable offense, I guess. It's Jrueable, everyone can Jrue it.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:45

Jo-3!

Doug's holding Lou out. Is it (a) so he can go the whole fourth quarter or (b) because the team on the floor is actually defending?

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:45

YEAH Jo-3! and good D by Thad to create it before that...YES

And on the 7th day, Jodie rested.

Holy fucking shit. Jodie putting a show.

PhillyFanMatt on Jan 7 at 20:46

See the benches reaction??? Priceless. HAVIN FUN OUT THERE, come on Jodie!!!

OMG what is up with Meeks today?

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:47

Come on guys, we're kicking their ass, just keep it up and don't turn it over!

You can really see how fouling is by design with this team. Collins was very happy with Jodie after he wrapped up Deng.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:48

Jrue pitty-patting the ball and using the glass. Nice.

Jrue with a sick banked runner. Love that.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 7 at 20:50

I thought it was more a step-back than a runner? Like a J

It's too bad Thad dropped the ball there. Much better play design to end the quarter.

Monster third quarter. Fucking amazing.

PHI 86, CHI 74

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:51

OK Doug the fourth quarter strategy is

Just Jrue it

Jrue has held his own against Wall and Rose in consecutive games.

Jrue on the bench. Thad with a man's rebound and a sick oop finish on the other end.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:53

And DC sits Jrue to start a fourth again. Play the kid, he's youthful.

Great D on that possession after the amazing Thad finish. Make Watson take 3's.

Ugh. Spence in the post.

Luckily Thad is all over the floor.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:54

Fadeaway special arrgh

Refs have no respect for hawes - fouled by two players - still no call

I hate Hawes, but he got hit on that play.

That's a dunk if we have a big with a spine. Hawes is garbage.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:56

OK, Jrue's been on the bench long enough.

I'd take the 3-7 Thad with this defense than the efficient scoring with the defensive lapses.

Collins: 'Keep Attacking'

No way Hawes should get more shots than Brand or Thad or (gasp) Lou.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:57

The PA announcer says "Lou for Twooo" like he's talking to his wife or something. He absolutely loves to say it.

Turner should not be posting Brewer.

Good job DC sparing Hawes more embarrassment. Need to get Jrue in there before it gets out of hand.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 20:59

Please finish this guys, if not for Doug. You can just imagine how much this one really means to him.

Just please finish this game off. The Bulls are on the verge of waving the white towel, the Sixers are just physically dominating them. Keep the pressure on. Don't go into that bullshit slowdown offense.

Refs are letting a lot of contact go.

If this gets below ten you call an immediate timeout and get jrue in.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:01

Is Jrue really that tired?

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:02

Lou you sure know how to fuck up a break. And often too.

Thad is unsustainably good defensively tonight.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:03

Too quick Jrue.

Bad shots, Turner and Jrue.

Shit, launching threes now. Come on, get to the hole. Jrue wasn't set for that three.

Fuck, down to 7.

Why so many threes?

Big bucket by thad.

Thad and Brand have both been brilliant defensively in this second half. Going to need another 6 minutes of that.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:06

Thad with the bailout step-back. Man, let Jrue just settle himself and the team. We're up, no need to jack threes.

Marc, asking what do you guys want to talk about, "the national folks say the Sixers can't win this game." talk about that"

League pass didn't know it was on....ha

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:07

sorry, they meant the eagles getting no respect nationally

Yeah, I love it when they don't know the mic is on.

I can't stand Amy Fadool.

Check out the +/- for our starters vs. our bench.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:08

Good collapsing defense.

Another Thad steal, where did these defensive instincts come from?

Attack, attack, attack. They're in the penalty the rest of the way. Put this game away at the line.

There was absolutely no foul by Gibson on that play. Mullet was being Mullet, got bailed out.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:10

Aw, Jrue it was going to drop anyway.

Another nice, hard foul on Rose, and then a late head butt by the mullet.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:12

Lou, please give the ball back to Jrue.

Gut check time.

Shit, not good. Now they're getting to the line every time.

Need to go to the hoop, Jrue.

Are we gonna fuck this up? That was an abomination on offense. Did the ball get inside the arc once?

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:13

Make your freebies.

there we go. Brand to the line. Keep going w/ the two-man game on that side of the floor. Jrue and EB.

Korver is in, don't lose him.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:14

This game is far from over, we've got to keep the heat on here. too much time left.

Ugh. Come the fuck on. This is going to be a five-point game.

Collins needs a timeout. Settle them down.

WHY TAKE OUT THAD? MULLET AT THE 4????

Still scratching my head on that one.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:15

Good shot Jrue.

Meeks for Thad? Don't get that.

Sick move by Jrue, needed that hoop.

They're doubling Jrue immediately to get the ball out of his hands.

Teams do that to Ty Lawson all the time.

touche

Meeks at the three. I am not a fan of this fucking lineup to close it out.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:19

Boozer's playing like a pickup game in Cameron vs EB.

Lou come on stops. up 6

This is like an Eddie Jordan lineup to hold a lead.

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 7 at 21:22

Really weird lineup eh. It's tough to understand how you forget what got you a lead in the first place.

Big time, Lou.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:20

Lou again!

Lou with two huge fucking shots.

Wide open look at the 3 out of the time out - AWESOME

bebopdeluxe on Jan 7 at 21:22

So THIS is what it's like when the ball goes to the most favorable matchup on the floor...huh?

Sweet.

While I still want Lou traded (and video like this doesn't hurt), it was good that they got the ball to the easiest matchup on the floor. The question is can Iguodala handle that - on nights like this - he is one of the guys standing on the side in the 1-4 set?

Well that was stupid. May as well just have moved the ball up w/ the timeout instead inbounding to Jodie in the corner like that. Ugh.

Nothing is ever easy for this team, is it?

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:23

Why are they playing Rockwell when we are leading a game at home? Odd choice.

As far as the lineup goes, I think he would like to play Lou, Jrue, Mullet, Thad and EB. But he feels like he owes it to Jodie to let him play. So Thad's the odd man out, I would have guessed Mullet would be (isn't he hurt?)

I don't agree with it, but that's probably his thinking.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:25

Come on , why foul. you compounded it

Fuck me. Two fucking key mistakes. One-possession game. God damnit, Jrue.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:26

Shit, it's three.

Get a good look please.

Lou pounding the hell out of it.

Noc w/ the board. whew.

Huge play by the Mullet! Toughness!

Wow. The mullet saves the day with that rebound. Now just hit the freebies. Pretty, pretty please.

PhillyFanMatt reply to Brian on Jan 7 at 21:28

So. Close.

Clutch.

Now no wide open threes and no fouls. Anything else doesn't matter.

bebopdeluxe on Jan 7 at 21:27

Brian - if Noc keeps playing like this, does it make it easier to swallow his '11-12 contract if Iguodala is gone?

Irrelevant. He isn't going to keep playing like this.

Another huge board right there, though.

bebopdeluxe on Jan 7 at 21:29

Holy crap.

Noc!

OK, I just breathed for the first time in about 20 minutes. Fucking sick win.

PHI 105, CHI 99

Big, big win.

PhillyFanMatt reply to Brian on Jan 7 at 21:31

Fucking sick win is right. Best W of the season so far Brian?

Who thought Noc would be the one to ice the game.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:30

YEAH! Big, big win! What a comeback from the debacle that was the first one.

That payback was def a bitch. We smacked the hell out of those cats. What a performance, from mostly all.

Gotta be Meeks, right?

For POTG, I mean.

bebopdeluxe reply to Brian on Jan 7 at 21:34

Meeks had to be POTG for giving them the lead to work with, but Lou and Noc with quality NBA play in the guts of the game to lock it down.

You think Sammy would come back for MLE-or-less money? Put him on this team, and you might have something...

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 7 at 21:35

I'd say the same. Jrue ran the offense but the six turnovers were ugly. Lou scored well too, but Meeks blasted them out of there, especially with those back-to-back threes late in the third to blow the game open.

Quick question for Tray and all the other doubters. Why doesn't this win count?

Tray reply to Brian on Jan 7 at 21:53

Is the idea that, like, any time we win a game against a good team that means we have a core that can really go places? The win counts, just like the 45-point loss counts, but on average we're not as good as this win. Or as bad as the 45-point loss. Each game's a meaningful, but not very meaningful, data point. Now, as for specifics on why we're worse than this game, Jodie Meeks, who has played like he doesn't belong in the NBA for weeks and on the whole season has been pretty awful, maybe the worst starting 2-guard in the game, scored 24 on 11 shots. That doesn't usually happen and it's not something we can realistically expect in the future. Lou was the good Lou we see one of every three or four games. Nocioni scores 11 points on 5 shots; all but 2 players shot 50% or greater. Usually, in a game played at this rather slow pace, we'd score about 93 points - with Iguodala. That doesn't mean the game doesn't "count," but it's obviously a very unrepresentative sample of our offensive abilities.

OK, let me write this down.

1/7 - The win doesn't count because the Sixers played too well. Iguodala's absence somehow decreases the value of this win. btw, Cousins rocks. (Tray)

eddies' heady's reply to Tray on Jan 8 at 0:02

Well, at least Meeks has only played like he doesn't belong for weeks and not months like some on the team.

And it's ludicrous to say he's been awful for the whole year too.

eddies' heady's reply to Tray on Jan 8 at 0:07

Not that it's sustainable though from him.

But that's neither fair or true to state that when others have been worse.

Great win. I'm just going to point out that they were garbage at the end of the game in the halfcourt, it was good they built such a big lead. It's not just Iguodala who is bad in that spot.

Two huge moves by Lou to ensure the win.

The Noc boards were monstrous, too.

This win was without Iguodala too. Can't understate that.

eddies' heady's on Jan 7 at 21:37

Great thread guys. Let's enjoy this one, how sweet it was. It just has to continue when Dre gets back, and I have no doubts it will if Doug sees what's really happening. Dre can be efficient when playing off others, if he does the favorable things more times than the unfavorables of his game. Jrue could set him up nicely.

Don't look now but the Sixers are only half a game off the 7th seed.

I'd pay money to get a tape of what Collins said during halftime. That defensive effort in the third quarter was unbelievable.

Noce won't play like this you're right, CONSISTENTLY on a night to night basis, but 4 out of 7 times he will come out n bring his toughness & scrappyness ! THE MULLET!, doing the dirty work,

speaking of dirty work he sorda does look like my garbage man, TOMORROW DEE-TROITTTT! sixers better win that one too! GREAT WIN TONIGHT THO

i think if iggy with his youth & athleticism learned from noc's toughness & scrappyness, he could be even better! don't be soft GO HARD IN DA MUTHALUVIN PAINT BOI!
GO 6ERZ!

Game capsule is up, you can find the rotations and advanced stats charts there. My wrap will land late tonight. Big win, let's follow it up tomorrow night in Detroit.

GO 6ERZ! indeed.

bebopdeluxe on Jan 7 at 21:50

8/8 with 4 assists in 27 minutes for Hawes.

I can live with that tonight.

bebopdeluxe on Jan 7 at 21:53

Noc with a fractured, dislocated finger...

Wow.

Great 2nd half tonight.

They couldn't handle Lou. Young guys hitting big shots to beat a good team, nothing wrong with that.

Didn't catch the final 3 quarters, will watch it sometime tomorrow night, but based off of box score, no way that Deng has 22 if Iguodala is playing. Also no way that had Noah been playing for bulls that they get 0 out of their starting Center.

Very happy to see Jrue holiday score 19 vs Derrick rose. I tend to disregard a games offensive production when Lou/Jodie account for 44 out of the teams 105 points. I remain skeptical about Jodie/Lou producing like that in the playoffs. Is this enough for Doug to keep the Jodie Meeks era alive?

Also I see Jrue had 5 fouls, was he in foul trouble at all in the final 3 quarters? When will Doug learn not to put Jrue on the opposing teams star player when sixers plan on giving the foul.

Tom Moore on Jan 7 at 22:28