The Battle For Seventh

You're right Brian this has to be a win. Hope Turner can have a good game as well. I think a decent stretch in 4-5 games might help him break out.

I'd like to see Turner have a good game with Iguodala on the floor... if only to dispel some of the concerns in this area.

I'm expecting Iguodala to be a bit deferential to Jrue and others tonight given what he has said in recent interviews.

Well, Turner has a clear athletic advantage over Dunleavy, there aren't a ton of SGs in the league who you can say that about. Hopefully, he takes advantage.

That would be the brother of Kareem Rush, Brandon.

Good catch, it's fixed.

Rob_STC reply to Brian on Jan 11 at 15:17

You must have been remembering how non existent Kareem was for the Sixers when we had him. :)

This game is the equivalent of the start of Turner's second season in college. I expect a big game from him.

Tomas Perez on Jan 11 at 15:09

Did Jodie completely shut down all hope that ET may take his starting spot with his recent 25 point explosion? Or is there a chance that ET may take his spot in the near future?

Jrue, Brand and Iguodala will start every game they're healthy enough for, I'd say the other two spots can be taken, if someone really steps up. But they're really going to have to do something of note to take the spots away from Meeks and Hawes, I think Collins is partial to the lineup as it stands. If Jodie didn't play his way out of it with that horrible month, it's going to be hard for him to do it at all. Turner's going to have to take it from him.

tk76 reply to Brian on Jan 11 at 15:48

Meeks really responded to Collins's hint that Meeks might lose his starting fire. Good job of lighting a fire under him to get him back to where he was attacking to earn his minutes instead of being afraid to make a mistake.

Its taken a while, but I think we are starting to see a bit more of the same effect on Turner (he lost his job weeks ago.) He's finally being aggressive. I'm not in love with all of the deep 2s and pull up jumpers, but at least he is no longer passive. He can clean up his shot selection with time.

johnrosz reply to tk76 on Jan 11 at 16:02

don't like the way his jumper rattles around, even when it goes in. He's really going to have to fix that touch if he ever wants to be a consistent mid range player

tk76 reply to johnrosz on Jan 11 at 16:10

1. he needs a bit more arc He's no Andre Miller, but he's too flat- which usually limits your range and consistency. Unless you are Lou. Then you can shoot flat jumpers out to 25 feet.

But I don't think Turner's jumper is completely broken to where he can't use it as a weapon.

Tom Moore on Jan 11 at 18:05

Iguodala to play and start tonight. Nocioni also expected to play.